Metal Storm logo
Iron Maiden vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by Vanhellis, 04.05.2007 - 02:29
Metallica and Iron Maiden are world wide recognized as 2 of the more important, influential, famous and outstanding bands in the history of Music, more specific Metal, so which of these 2 godlike bands you like the most?
Personally I prefer Iron Maiden because they were the ones that started the whole movement, though Metallica gave it the strenght to amaze the whole world, but you know Maiden is Maiden and they have really become legends.

Poll

Which of these 2 influential almost godlike bands you like most?

Iron Maiden
Metallica

Total votes: 758
01.10.2009 - 10:54
Angel Of Mercy
Amen Ellrohir.
----
Your time will come.
03.10.2009 - 18:57
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Although iron maiden are more popular in the underground and metallica in the mainstream.i would go for metallica and not because they are mainstream but because they have made metal what it is today.metallica is the most sacred band not just in thrash but in overall genre itself.not only are they artistically better than maiden but....simply they are awesome.we(atleast i) can imagine metal and life without maiden but without metallica we(atleast i) will die.long live thrash long live metallica.thrash 'til death.:banger2:
05.10.2009 - 00:44
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Metalhead of my kind cannot imagine life without Iron Maiden
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.10.2009 - 01:00
danielllewis
Why would you compare these two? Iron Maiden are NWOBHM, and Metallica are thrash. Plus maiden influenced metallica, so that's like comparing an athlete to their coach.

But whatever, Maiden kicks the shit out of metallica any day. They have continued to release great albums throughout their career, and metallica... have not.
----
07.10.2009 - 22:21
Come on you must be retarded to take iron maiden over METALLICA PLEASE jest lison to the new album yall see
----
i like what i like
20.10.2009 - 03:50
saurabhzutshi
Iron Maiden are definitely better than metallica in every aspect. they r superior musicsians, have intelligent and meaningful lyrics and they dont go around whining about free music downloads, bootleg culture and surely dont sue their fans
----
UP THE IRONS
20.10.2009 - 03:52
saurabhzutshi
Those who think metallica are better than maiden are ignorant, arrogant and most definitely into US rock radio, without a true metal spirit in them
----
UP THE IRONS
25.10.2009 - 22:44
VaronoZz
Vampbaron
Although i voted for metallica because i got more into them while i was inventing metal, i believe iron maiden is the only one legend, and BIGger band ever in all subjects
----
give praise for the blood it bled,
grant a rose for the dead...
25.10.2009 - 23:12
Aenuryan
Although I do believe that the concept 'metal' wouldn't make sense without Metallica being a dominant part of it, I still vote for Iron Maiden for playing the immense role that they have played in making Metal what it is (and yes, that's a capital 'M'). Metallica, as well as Maiden has evolved through the years, but I still think of Maiden as one of the builders, the founders of metal as we know it these days.
Personally, I can always find a Maiden-song to fit my every mood, where that's a lot harder when I'm looking at Metallica.
----
*Our deeds have travelled far*
27.10.2009 - 02:45
Kratos
Metallica sounded heavier then Iron Maiden up to AJFA, but overall I like Iron Maiden better.
and Metallica has gotten way to mainstream for me, but they are still great.
27.10.2009 - 23:40
Razorback
I think it's pointless to compare these two bands because both are one the biggest metal bands ever,with lot of influence on younger bands,but of course i like both of them and these two bands will always be loved and accepted for sure
----
Careful what you wish,you may regret it.Careful what you wish,you just might get it!
09.11.2009 - 15:51
SatanSon
Firts I only listen to Death Metal like Sepultura, Slayer, Obituary you name it. I thought Metallica was tooo soft for me. But when they came out with their black album in 1991. I said Hell Yeh that is some F... good stuff. I bought all albums and DVD from Metallica. Now I listen like 95% to Metallica and 5% Death Metal. Iron Maidon, I can tell is good but not as hardcore as Metallica. They are totally different. Different type of music. This is for me a totally mis match. It should be Metallica vs Slayer or Metal Church.

Thanks....
11.11.2009 - 10:26
Overlord_PT
Maiden are bigger than tallica no doubt
19.01.2010 - 02:24
thewall30
This is a no brainer, Iron Maiden...
----
31.01.2010 - 09:48
Illuminate
It's IRON MAIDEN are you fucking joking me.... Fuck metal wouldn't be around without Black Sabbath, Motorhead and Iron Maiden. Metallica is bullshit since "black album". Oh lets all not forget the Napster lawsuit this band made. FUCK METALLICA, IRON MAIDEN ALLL THE WAY!
31.01.2010 - 21:10
Slayer
Well I love em both... but Metallica got me into metal so I voted for them
----
Taste me you will see
More is all you need
Dedicated to
How I'm killing you
03.02.2010 - 02:59
Number Juan
Iron Maiden. No contest. Best live show I've ever seen plus at least 7 masterpieces under their belt.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
09.02.2010 - 21:13
Scourge
Those two bands are the first that i can think of when somebody says ''metal''. both bands are legend but i like Metallica better.
----
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and bitter...
22.02.2010 - 20:05
JD
Account deleted
Metallica.
12.03.2010 - 22:20
cescjoon
Metallica is best band in the world but iron maiden only heavy metal is good
03.04.2010 - 01:51
Silent_wolfer
Iron Maiden of course.
11.04.2010 - 07:30
THIS IS RETARDED IRON MAIDEN FOLLOWED JUDAS PRIEST SO MAIDEN CAN KEEP ON BEING No.2 Cause PRIEST ARE THE REASON WE HAVE METAL TODAY I voted Metallica though
12.04.2010 - 18:01
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by danielllewis on 05.10.2009 at 01:00

Why would you compare these two? Iron Maiden are NWOBHM, and Metallica are thrash. Plus maiden influenced metallica, so that's like comparing an athlete to their coach.

But whatever, Maiden kicks the shit out of metallica any day. They have continued to release great albums throughout their career, and metallica... have not.

true!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.04.2010 - 18:10
Kennoth
Iron Maiden, no questions asked
----
*insert something deep and profound*
09.09.2010 - 07:16
Yep really forgot how stupid metal fans are

Metallica destroys Maiden and any band by a long fucking shot. So what if they've gone mainstream their later stuff are still amazing despite all the conservative elitist douchebag pricks who rip on em for selling out but dont give them breathing room to experiment.
Yall need to be thankful for the black album, it made them big and it mad METAL big, so who should you thank for giving you maiden.

FTR, master of puppets is still the best album of all time.
09.09.2010 - 10:47
Reza
Account deleted
Written by ViolentPrayers on 09.09.2010 at 07:16

Yep really forgot how stupid metal fans are

Metallica destroys Maiden and any band by a long fucking shot. So what if they've gone mainstream their later stuff are still amazing despite all the conservative elitist douchebag pricks who rip on em for selling out but dont give them breathing room to experiment.
Yall need to be thankful for the black album, it made them big and it mad METAL big, so who should you thank for giving you maiden.

FTR, master of puppets is still the best album of all time.

Iron Maiden is a great Heavy Metal band but Hitherto I haven't heard any Thrash song from them. If we want to compare them in Heavy Metal genre, my vote goes to them but I really like Metallica too. They are a big Thrash Metal band. (Also I love Black album too) but IMO totally Maiden are Better in Heavy Metal.
10.09.2010 - 08:25
k1tu
Written by saurabhzutshi on 20.10.2009 at 03:52

Those who think metallica are better than maiden are ignorant, arrogant and most definitely into US rock radio, without a true metal spirit in them

And people, who think that other people are ignorant because they have a different point of view are not Ignorant.? It's all about the taste of music bro...Yeah you can't deny Iron maiden, but Metallica did much to metal as well...

...And if you'd ask me...then in my point of view you just can't put MetallicA and Maiden into a head on battle...They both are just completely different...I personally like MetallicA more, because they have evolved a little bit more during the time, but I still wouldn't fall deeper with this topic.
10.09.2010 - 08:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by saurabhzutshi on 20.10.2009 at 03:52

yes. clearly. anyone whose opinion in regards to two of the most five influential metal bands of all time clearly is arrogant, ignorant and a big fan of whatever is on top 40 today.

or, anyone who automatically dismisses the tastes of those who disagree with them is ignorant, arrogant, and most definitely a fan of Bollywood.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.09.2010 - 15:31
Metallica without any doubt
23.11.2010 - 10:04
Both are great bands by far.

I did vote Maiden as i believe they are more of a powerhouse of a band with there 15 studio albums sound the same musically and lyrically.
Also they have a cool mascot "Eddie", and there album covers are AWZUM!