Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
28.02.2008 - 05:30
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
If we are using albums sales to determine who is the best band then we might as well say The Backstreet Boys were a great band.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums_worldwide
28.02.2008 - 08:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
It makes me laugh that someone actually brought up albums sales in a metal forum and thought it would make a valid argument.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.02.2008 - 22:15
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 28.02.2008 at 08:39

It makes me laugh that someone actually brought up albums sales in a metal forum and thought it would make a valid argument.

me too; by the way, I read somewhere that the disastrous St Anger album sold 3 million copies, don't know if that's true, but if it is, I'm astonished - Metallica did a bad album and got away with it
29.02.2008 - 23:23
DaveLombardo
Account deleted
I think METALLICA are wayyyy better than MEGADETH
of cource SLAYER is the best thrash metal band ever
02.03.2008 - 19:38
MadSlayer
megadeth is the best i think, megadeth and testament leaded thrash metal in 90s period and metallica did nothing in that days except becoming more popular like pop stars. on the other hand megadeth became megadeth by Marty Friedman, who is ten times better than Kirk Hammet
02.03.2008 - 20:19
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by MadSlayer on 02.03.2008 at 19:38

megadeth is the best i think, megadeth and testament leaded thrash metal in 90s period and metallica did nothing in that days except becoming more popular like pop stars. on the other hand megadeth became megadeth by Marty Friedman, who is ten times better than Kirk Hammet

Marty friedman is without a doubt my favorite Megadeth guitarist, but he by no means made megadeth. Dave Mustain, Chris Poland, David Ellifson, and Gar Samulson were who made Megadeth, seeing as how they were the origional members.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
03.03.2008 - 00:57
MadSlayer
Written by Arian Totalis on 02.03.2008 at 20:19

Written by MadSlayer on 02.03.2008 at 19:38

Marty friedman is without a doubt my favorite Megadeth guitarist, but he by no means made megadeth. Dave Mustain, Chris Poland, David Ellifson, and Gar Samulson were who made Megadeth, seeing as how they were the origional members.

indeed other megadeth guitarists are too precious for us but marty was too different from them.. his manners of striking,his kelly, his technique and his way to pass emotions are shuddering peoples minds.. Also we musnt forget Dave(i forget in my previous writing, sorry for that), we all know that "Dave Mustaine=Megadeth", owner of the megadeth maybe we can say
03.03.2008 - 21:10
Demonmayonnaise
After the 80s Metallica lost their balls, and ability to play good music. Megadeth wins this one for me. They still put out good music.
10.03.2008 - 14:38
Wakanaboo
Megadeth...yes...amazing band....amazing guitarist in mustaine....
metallica,,,gods in their own right...

song composition....megadeth...
overall attitude and package....metallica...

my vote to METALLICA...till death
----
_bleh!_
10.03.2008 - 14:51
Hangar XVIII
Contrary to my name, I actually like Metallica better overall.
Their early stuff is much more memorable than Megadeth's to me, and I can just listen to it more.

Napster was fail anyways.

Wow, 182 to 181?
----
myspace.com/absentchrist
My new black metal project.
05.04.2008 - 08:07
IronBlackZepp
wow, they are now tied at 184 votes each, pretty close race.
05.04.2008 - 10:25
Nox Lux
codebreaker
Okay, I've just tipped the scales. Let me explain my case, since some of you would have noticed by my album collection that I have a lot of Metallica records and no Megadeth records.

I was blatantly fighting for the Metallica side for a lot of my metal years. Megadeth were talented, but shit to me in comparison. However this was before Metallica started doing some stupid things with their career, like taking fans to court, kicking out Newsted, releasing some of the shittest metal records ever made, to name the main ones. However, I genuinely respected them so much more once Some Kind Of Monster came out - even though I'm aware that a lot of metal fans actually respected them less as a result of that rockumentary.

But you know what got me thinking? You know what I respected more about that movie than anything else? Mustaine's appeal. He argued his case maturely, emotionally, and egolessly. People with the actual DVD have also seen the extras [which definitely should not have been cut out] and know what I'm talking about. If I remember correctly, Mustaine even had a gripe at them for cutting those parts out and making him appear less articulate and fair than he actually was - and he was. I decided that maybe I had jumped to conclusions about these guys before. My older metaller mate was more than happy to encourage this doubt by playing me a gang of Megadeth footage from his DVDs.

To cut a long story short, it has actually changed my mind - although I still love Metallica, these days Megadeth do it for me just that little bit more. I was also provided a summary of what the story is behind the other guys in the band, that helped too.

So although my Metallica collection is nearly complete when it comes to the main releases, I will at one stage be balancing it out with a major Megadeth acquisition. For now I'm just going to download a package torrent to keep me going.

----
][{ ]|/ ][_ "][" -- ][3) ][_ /=|[ [( ][{ -- ][][][ |E[ "][" ]|= ][_

"Thoughts fall in season with the right stand, rake the land
This Autumn's early leafshed a recompense for Summer's wane."
~ Nox Lux
05.04.2008 - 10:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Ether
Great story, it brought a tear to my eye...of joy. Good points about the 'Some Kind Of Monster', now I want to see the extras, I couldn't watch the actual film for more than about 20 minutes. BTW-Didn't Newsted quit?

and one more thing....

MEGADETH IN THE LEAD AGAIN HELL YEAH!
----
- George Carlin
05.04.2008 - 10:56
Nox Lux
codebreaker
yeah mate you're right. I'm just under the impression that he was initially okay with doing Echobrain as well as Metallica, that it was due to the band's consistent dismissal of any creative contributions by Newsted, and all round lack of artist's respect that drove him to consider quitting.
----

~ Nox Lux
05.04.2008 - 13:22
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha this topic is amusing, will we ever break the tie?
----
05.04.2008 - 13:44
Nox Lux
codebreaker
I reckon there's a fan of both of them out there creating new accounts and voting to keep it equal....or maybe it's just Lars Ulrich I crack myself up.
----

~ Nox Lux
07.04.2008 - 00:42
eximius
one more for Megadeth. Is this somehow a trick?
07.04.2008 - 00:43
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by eximius on 07.04.2008 at 00:42

Howso?
----
- George Carlin
07.04.2008 - 00:46
eximius
Written by Doc G. on 07.04.2008 at 00:43

Howso?

wow, that was a fast reply... Well, it seems just so unprobable. There are 370 votes and still it's a tie
07.04.2008 - 01:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by eximius on 07.04.2008 at 00:46

Written by Doc G. on 07.04.2008 at 00:43

Howso?

wow, that was a fast reply... Well, it seems just so unprobable. There are 370 votes and still it's a tie

Yeah I see what you mean, I guess this possibly one of the biggest debates in metal...ever.
----
- George Carlin
07.04.2008 - 01:53
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Yeah, and most people you talk to will say Metallica. I think the only reason why it isn't ridiculously one-sided is because MS tends to have people who actually know how to make convincing arguments and valid claims, unlike most people outside of here, who would almost undoubtedly say "METALLICA!!! METALLICA IS BETTER DAVE MUSTAINE IS STUUUPIIIID!!! YEAH, I RULE!
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

07.04.2008 - 02:37
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
@Arian
Really? The only people I've met who prefer Metallica over here are drunk homeless people and old people, or people who dont know anything about metal (not saying Metallica fans are ignorant, its just a coincidence), then again our metal scene here is growing exploding at an alarming rate so we actually have some pretty knowledgeable metalheads here.
----
- George Carlin
07.04.2008 - 13:17
Aei Ontos
Account deleted
Mettalica? Isn't that that old rockband that made a view nice songs way back before I was born, huh?
I'd rather have Megadeth really.
07.04.2008 - 15:50
eximius
Written by Arian Totalis on 07.04.2008 at 01:53

MUSTAINE IS STUUUPIIIID!!! YEAH, I RULE!

Then what about Lars Ulrich ?

Did anyone see the south park episode with Greedy Metallica? They want money, then they have to give music. it's a simple deal
07.04.2008 - 16:15
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Doc G. on 07.04.2008 at 02:37

@Arian
Really? The only people I've met who prefer Metallica over here are drunk homeless people and old people, or people who dont know anything about metal (not saying Metallica fans are ignorant, its just a coincidence), then again our metal scene here is growing exploding at an alarming rate so we actually have some pretty knowledgeable metalheads here.

Yeah, most kids over here who think they're "metal" are actually kids who listen mostly to hardcore and think it's dm or something. And of course, they always will go to the ever popular metallica as fall back for metal knowledge, and will diss the shit out of Dave Mustaine saying things like "Have you seen 'Some kind of Monster'? Dave Mustaine cries on it! what a pussy." I dunno, people like that irritate me.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

07.04.2008 - 21:34
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
In Ourdays I prefer Megadeth, MetallicA just want money!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
18.04.2008 - 10:38
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by SlaytallicA on 07.04.2008 at 21:34

metallica-cause if they want money its not a mistake plus i dont think they need money ! who doesnt work for money ? just Maniacs . yes the have started for money and they find it but a lot of bands wanted and didnt get it cause they didnt deserve it . JEALOUS . metallica didnt play with make-up ever.they didnt wrote funny devilish songs. u know its not for only 15 , 16 years old wet boys.
18.04.2008 - 11:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 18.04.2008 at 10:38

metallica-cause if they want money its not a mistake plus i dont think they need money ! who doesnt work for money ? just Maniacs . yes the have started for money and they find it but a lot of bands wanted and didnt get it cause they didnt deserve it . JEALOUS . metallica didnt play with make-up ever.they didnt wrote funny devilish songs. u know its not for only 15 , 16 years old wet boys.

What would you calling suing fans then? And no make-up? What the hell is Lars wearing around his eyes in this video then (I think Kirk is too):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZtszXnG11E&feature=related
----
- George Carlin
18.04.2008 - 12:02
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 18.04.2008 at 11:49

What would you calling suing fans then? And no make-up? What the hell is Lars wearing around his eyes in this video then (I think Kirk is too):

so u r here to say that metallica did make-up at Until It Sleeps yeah? ok they did but i dont think its commercial they would do it at that song lol. i dont know why u r tryin to say but i u want to see a whoredom at a music video u have to look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHz8ms1TerU
18.04.2008 - 12:09
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=31891] on 18.04.2008 at 12:02

Written by Doc G. on 18.04.2008 at 11:49

so u r here to say that metallica did make-up at Until It Sleeps yeah? ok they did but i dont think its commercial they would do it at that song lol. i dont know why u r tryin to say but i u want to see a whoredom at a music video u have to look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHz8ms1TerU

Ok, that made little sense, but I'll give this a shot. Im not anti-make-up (I listen to glam rock for fuck sakes), its that I remember watching an early interview with Metallica and they were made fun of any guys who wear make up saying its gay, and then they think its edgy by when they do it. What the hell does what ever you said about commercial have to do with anything? And how is that Iron Maiden video relevant at all?
----
- George Carlin