Metal Storm logo
Music genre you despise the most

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 06.07.2007 - 20:33
i was looking through this forum and found that many people like music which i consider shit. nothing wrong with that, but it made me curious as to what do people on here truly despise.

i, for one, hate improvisational jazz mainly, when the only one who isn't soloing is the drummer playing in 17/13 time signature a 32-bar rhythm.. sure, you're technical, but.... no emotion in your playing, therefore YOU SUCK!
18.05.2009 - 02:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 18.05.2009 at 02:20

Written by Dane Train on 18.05.2009 at 00:19

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.05.2009 at 00:13

Nah, but I know it's easy to confuse Palestine with texas though

That is for sure. Both are barren waste lands filled with religious fundamentalists who love guns.

texas has better barbecue though.

I haven't been to Texas yet but I enjoyed a mean barbecue in in/on the westbank though.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.05.2009 - 02:59
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by BitterCOld on 18.05.2009 at 02:20

Written by Dane Train on 18.05.2009 at 00:19

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.05.2009 at 00:13

Nah, but I know it's easy to confuse Palestine with texas though

That is for sure. Both are barren waste lands filled with religious fundamentalists who love guns.

texas has better barbecue though.

You can have the best of both worlds in Palestine, TX! Fun for the whole family with the David Koresh Museum!
----
(space for rent)
18.05.2009 - 09:21
Ernis
狼獾
Forget it...everyone knows God's Irish and Jesus was catholic.....
18.05.2009 - 15:58
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Ernis on 18.05.2009 at 09:21

Forget it...everyone knows God's Irish and Jesus was catholic.....

And the Holy Spirit is a Glasgow Celtic fan..
18.05.2009 - 16:11
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Jesus was Catholic? rofl!
18.05.2009 - 19:54
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
----
(space for rent)
01.07.2009 - 18:45
cmusiclives
Account deleted
Contemporary classical music, country (every artist sounds the same)
08.08.2009 - 04:49
ArizhelKaltak
Account deleted
Most rap (there is very few rap songs that I like), and of course, country. I am completely open to everything else, though
29.08.2009 - 17:17
Panterica
Rap, country and ofcourse - Emo! I hate it so bad!!
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
02.09.2009 - 21:13
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
Written by Panterica on 29.08.2009 at 17:17

I'm with you on all of those, but I hate rap the most out of all of them.
03.09.2009 - 20:01
Panterica
Written by bloodwrage on 02.09.2009 at 21:13

Written by Panterica on 29.08.2009 at 17:17

I'm with you on all of those, but I hate rap the most out of all of them.

One is about how great is death and cutting your veins, other is about playing tough and who has bigger..., I'm not sure what's worse but I'm sure as hell non of this worth a listening.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
04.09.2009 - 13:08
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Has to be pop (especially 70s and modern) music, modern R&B (shouldn't even be called R&B), Electro industrial and noise, emo and screamo...
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
04.09.2009 - 22:13
wormdrink414
Elite
How can you hate improvisational jazz? Gots to love the Stitt and Trane.

For one, I generally tend to dislike screamo emo and hippie folkish grunts most.
06.09.2009 - 18:14
dEAthB3D
Has to be malayan pop ( fuck this i hate all malaysian song since they're piece of shit!! and i hate malaysia too!! fuck them all), and i hate emo whatever form it is!!
----
the ultimate use of treason is the treacherous use of reason
08.09.2009 - 01:32
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Irritable Ted on 07.09.2009 at 16:23

I hate national albums, especially when they are dragged out by some female R n B vocalist to twice their normal length, I'm looking at you USA (no offense ment to Americans, but the way it is sung sucks).

Yet the US anthem is one of the better ones out there, beats our shitty God Save the Queen to a pulp, we should use Rule Britannia, it's much classier.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
29.09.2009 - 05:53
GamlaSonn
- "hoes, bling, money.." commercial rap
- a lot of metalcore is very generic and shit
- screamo is just plain annoying
- techno which goes like "intsh intsh intsh intsh intsh.."
- nu-metal which tells the listener to jump
- most r & b

There's a lot of crap out there
30.09.2009 - 04:10
necrovamp
Mmm the 'false metal' is the only way i can describ it, (bleeding through, avenged sevenfold, atreyu, trivium etcetc it's just crap!)
rap music
Indie music (i know its all about having a good time etc but its all god awfull)
britpop (oasis, enuff said)
dance/techno/rave shit
plain 'pop'
electronica
glam rock - this is just fucking crap and should go and die, fucking posers.
most power metal (there are about 5 good power metal bands out there, the rest are shit)
women fronted 'gothic metal (nightwish, withing temptation) it all sounds like it should come from a re re re remake of phantom of the opera with extra shiney warts on the womans face repackaged with a live dvd and the writers nose.

I like music that shows skill and passion about the music and isnt just churned out crap to fill stadiums, get played on the radio and build up a twatty ego.
----
'I'd rather die than go to heaven' - Murderface
05.10.2009 - 15:01
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
R&B is perhaps the most vulgar and sexist bullshit Ive heard in my life. And without trying to sound racist...but what the hell is it with black americans and singing about nothing but sex?!? What the hell is the point in that? Sure enough, its been proven that sex sells but DAMN. Seriously...R&B goes above and beyond, no music in the world is more shallow and uninspiring than that shit.....
06.10.2009 - 15:03
therest
Written by [user id=1909] on 05.10.2009 at 15:01

And without trying to sound racist...but what the hell is it with black americans and singing about nothing but sex?!?

And they're not even good at it. I mean you don't describe it like that, you can write a great song with sexual content. For example Jarvis Cocker has songs like that. But when you hear those r'n'b singer, it makes you wanna say: stop ruining the good name of sex!
----
"It's because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everybody does everything." - Homer Simpson

"Then hold to the fading colors
The grayest of life is yet to come"
- Întunecatul
08.10.2009 - 02:52
ToMegaTherion
Two that really annoy me are
1 - Gosple (Need I really give a description why)
2 - Blue Grass (I just find it annoying, violins and country music should never have gotten together)
16.10.2009 - 15:56
nic
Country and Rap! So so not like!
16.10.2009 - 18:09
FOOCK Nam
Written by wormdrink414 on 04.09.2009 at 22:13

For one, I generally tend to dislike ... and hippie folkish grunts most.

"folkish" that it has folk element musically ? how is it like, does it use guitar, or any instrumental ? voice is like death grunts or somehow grunter than clean vocal ?
17.10.2009 - 04:14
wormdrink414
Elite
Written by FOOCK Nam on 16.10.2009 at 18:09

Written by wormdrink414 on 04.09.2009 at 22:13

For one, I generally tend to dislike ... and hippie folkish grunts most.

"folkish" that it has folk element musically ? how is it like, does it use guitar, or any instrumental ? voice is like death grunts or somehow grunter than clean vocal ?

I actually don't really know what I was trying to say. I think I edited that message and somehow two unrelated ideas made it into one sentence. Lazy deleting is undoubtedly to blame.
17.10.2009 - 18:09
GuitarVillian
Gangsta Rap. And any type of Rap.
20.11.2009 - 06:07
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Reggaeton.
It's a "genre" born uin Puerto Rico, and it's supposedly something to do with Reggae. WQell, it's not. It's a genre where all the songs sound exactly the same, musically, and lyrically, their deepst lyrics go on teh lines of "Mamma, I know you want me"
Here's a video: I know the girls are hot, but we're talkin' about music here, gentlemen
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
30.11.2009 - 02:23
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
I don't despise any Genre... I just 'dislike' the songs. Some are... eh. Some are good. Can't say I hate rap or country or this and that.

Music is music. And I learned to respect any type of Genre.
Although I really really REALLY hated Rap in the 'before times'.
30.11.2009 - 07:17
Zuzuz0r
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.11.2009 at 06:07

Reggaeton.
It's a "genre" born uin Puerto Rico, and it's supposedly something to do with Reggae. WQell, it's not. It's a genre where all the songs sound exactly the same, musically, and lyrically, their deepst lyrics go on teh lines of "Mamma, I know you want me"
Here's a video: I know the girls are hot, but we're talkin' about music here, gentlemen

Reggaeton is a disease spreading all over Latin America, and other parts of the world like Miami in the US and even I heard that some japanese people like it, it could possibly be the worst genre of all actually, unless human race is capable of creating something worse.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
02.12.2009 - 16:16
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Modern R&B, Hardcore rave/techno, (which I hate most of all, and is what most people where I live seem to listen to!) and most country and rap music
02.12.2009 - 18:26
Rap, New Country, Pop, Screamo. And I find it ironic when people say that they're open to most anything, but they always have something they hate.
02.12.2009 - 22:22
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by 19Ninety-Three on 02.12.2009 at 18:26

And I find it ironic when people say that they're open to most anything, but they always have something they hate.

There's nothing ironic about it, again people not understanding what that means. I think I'm open to most anything, saying that I mean that I may like metal, hip hop, trip hop, jazz, pop, shoegaze and many more genres, but of course there are many bands I hate, it would be crazy to deny that there are shitty artists.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.