Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
09.09.2008 - 04:46
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I don't like Megadeth that much just because of Mustain's voice.. Metallica hasn't been quite the band we knew in the begining, but I think they've got some points with the new album IMO.. so I'll vote Metallica
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
11.09.2008 - 06:12
Demonmayonnaise
Dave's vocals dont bother me, I think that they fit in perfectly with Megadeth's style. James' vocals were quite annoying on st. anger, but I guess they fit perfectly with that albums style, or lack thereof.
13.09.2008 - 07:55
Murder
Megadeth of course!!! They're 100 times better than Metallica for me...
23.09.2008 - 22:56
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
WTF how can Metallica Lose Metallica fans!
The only good album from Megadeth ive heard is RiP.
23.09.2008 - 23:20
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=35066] on 23.09.2008 at 22:56

WTF how can Metallica Lose Metallica fans!

Simple, 1986-Now.

EDIT: Hell yeah! Even after the release of an overrated album from Metallica, Megadeth is still winning, woohoo!
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.09.2008 - 23:22
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Megadeth is boring RIP is the only good album all Metallicas thrashalbum and BA is better.
23.09.2008 - 23:40
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=35066] on 23.09.2008 at 23:22

Megadeth is boring RIP is the only good album all Metallicas thrashalbum and BA is better.

What bores you about Megadeth in particular? What albums do you find boring and why?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.09.2008 - 07:19
Demonmayonnaise
Megadeth boring? I much prefer Peace Sells to MoP. Cmon man. And Justice, that is the prime example of boring.
24.09.2008 - 12:58
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Megadeth is not boring as metallica isnt. so plz dont talk silly. both r respectable. but sure metallica is more important than Megadeth and sure they r better.
24.09.2008 - 13:06
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Murder on 13.09.2008 at 07:55

even a rapper knows that metallica is better. what is ur reason to say such funny words? megadeth is metallica's follower nothin more when u compare them to tallica. dave was Junkey and jaymz said i dont need Junkeis in band. thats all and all know about his. they didnt have any other problem with Dave did they? he was a nice guitarist and skillful.
megadeth's sotry isnt intereting nowadays. but u made me to remember u.
24.09.2008 - 13:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 24.09.2008 at 13:06

dave was Junkey and jaymz said i dont need Junkeis in band.

No, Dave was kicked out because of his problems with drinking too much, not because of his drug problems (which only started later btw)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.09.2008 - 13:25
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 24.09.2008 at 13:19

dave was Junkey and jaymz said i dont need Junkeis in band.

No, Dave was kicked out because of his problems with drinking too much, not because of his drug problems (which only started later btw)

im sure that ur information is better than mine. but in the end the true reason was kirk. and its worse than drinking reason.
25.09.2008 - 01:58
Demonmayonnaise
What the fuck ever dude. Dave wasnt kicked out for kirk. Do you really think that a band a week away from recording their first album is really just gonna bring in a new guitarist? Not if they couldve avoided it. I doubt that they were all seriously just gung ho to kick Dave out. Did you know Dave fucked Kirk's girlfriend? If you wanna know how Dave taste, ask her.
25.09.2008 - 06:57
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@THE_BLACK_GOD:

Dave Mustaine was not kicked out because he had a drug problem...Dave Mustaine was kicked out of Metallica simply because he partied more than James and Lars...the band was on their way from LA to NY and Mustaine got too drunk and crazy and then when Mustaine finally came to, Lars and James gave him a ticket to send him back to California...Mustaine was not a follower of Metallica...he venged to create a whole new different kickass sound to blow Metallica out of the water and he suceeded...Kirk could just keep it together better than Mustaine and has a cooler head but to say that Mustaine got kicked out of Metallica for drug purposes is just plain ignorance on your part...as far as I'm concerned, the music of Megadeth keeps me more interested and more entertained than the music of Metallica...Mustaine has a lot more energy and I think that he cares more about the integrity about the music than any member of Metallica...and didn't James suffer from a herion addiction too? Oh yeah, that's right...good ol' James suffered from an addiction during the time where Mustaine was clean as a whistle and performing at his best when Metallica was nowhere to be seen...

It just goes to show you that Megedeth is the better band over Metallica, Mr. Judas Kiss...
25.09.2008 - 07:04
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt

even a rapper knows that metallica is better. what is ur reason to say such funny words? megadeth is metallica's follower nothin more when u compare them to tallica. dave was Junkey and jaymz said i dont need Junkeis in band. thats all and all know about his. they didnt have any other problem with Dave did they? he was a nice guitarist and skillful.

u r teh wrong! There! nothing can beat my argument not even u
25.09.2008 - 09:54
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 25.09.2008 at 07:04

u r teh wrong! There! nothing can beat my argument not even u

what is teh? i want to really know, cause u r using it so much and i dont think this is a slang class is it?
25.09.2008 - 14:09
Demonmayonnaise
I met this weird old guy yesterday that was tellin me he's seen both bands. He told me that Megadeth put on a way better show, and actually put their hearts in the music. He said that it was around the time when napster was gettin sued for stealing Metallica's "music". Yeah he did the quotations around music.
25.09.2008 - 15:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 25.09.2008 at 14:09

I met this weird old guy yesterday that was tellin me he's seen both bands.

Wow, imagine how weird I must be having seen ALL three bands live a couple of times and once Megadeth together with Metallica live.
Generally speaking Metallica's performances before 1993 were better than Megadeth's cause with Megadeth you never knew in what state Mustaine would be chemically.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.09.2008 - 18:29
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
half of metallica's fame came out of their "Live Performance", so ur fiend is actually wrong about this thing. music is in the heart of mustaine but not jaymz?! its just his view.

@marcel after 1993 they have S&M which ur voted it more than 9. Paradox!!
25.09.2008 - 19:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=31891] on 25.09.2008 at 18:29

half of metallica's fame came out of their "Live Performance", so ur fiend is actually wrong about this thing. music is in the heart of mustaine but not jaymz?! its just his view.

I said "before 1993" because December 1992 was the last time I (that is ME personally) saw them (that is Metallica) live. And S&M is an album and not a concert I attended.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.09.2008 - 19:16
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.09.2008 at 19:05

Written by [user id=31891] on 25.09.2008 at 18:29

I said "before 1993" because December 1992 was the last time I (that is ME personally) saw them (that is Metallica) live. And S&M is an album and not a concert I attended.

ok then.
25.09.2008 - 21:31
Frankenchrist
i just think that metallica is just better overall. James's voice is just basically "fuck you" while dave's is kinda boring... also metallica's lyrics compared to megadeth's lyrics? c'mon you can't compare. Metallica are also really diverse with their riffs. some of them are simple, some fairly easy, and others uber hard. theyre riffs have to be the best to play on guitar. i like megadeth, but i gotta give it up for the kings of thrash,metallica.
----
Blat Blat
26.09.2008 - 03:30
Demonmayonnaise
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.09.2008 at 15:25

Wow, imagine how weird I must be having seen ALL three bands live a couple of times and once Megadeth together with Metallica live.
Generally speaking Metallica's performances before 1993 were better than Megadeth's cause with Megadeth you never knew in what state Mustaine would be chemically.

I didnt mean it was weird he saw both bands, the dude was just fuckin weird in general man.
26.09.2008 - 12:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Demonmayonnaise on 26.09.2008 at 03:30

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.09.2008 at 15:25

I didnt mean it was weird he saw both bands, the dude was just fuckin weird in general man.

Oh I see, I thought you were being sarcastic towards that Black_God guy who seems to think it is impossible to like both Megadeth and Metallica or Slayer and Metallica.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2008 - 12:37
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2008 at 12:10

Oh I see, I thought you were being sarcastic towards that Black_God guy who seems to think it is impossible to like both Megadeth and Metallica or Slayer and Metallica.

That's not impossible. There are many people around me who don't care about Metallica and Megadeth rivalry as much as people who like both Nirvana and Guns N Roses.. As you know the rivalry between Guns N Roses and Nirvana was much more than Metallica and Megadeth..

But I don't believe in rivalry in music.. It's not football or something like that.. This is art, and if someone really care about the music itself, he don't care about stories of personal in bands..
26.09.2008 - 13:04
Valentin B
Iconoclast
shit i forgot who i voted for lol. i think it was Deth, but right now it's a pretty even tie, but i'm leaning towards Metallica, i love both bands, but only some songs from each album by Metallica, though i haven't heard much of 'Load' and from Megadeth i like entire albums(mainly, Rust in Peace and The System Has Failed, both of which are in my top 20 at least), the only album i worship from 'Tallica is Kill 'em All(interesting, it was named for the glam metal scene which flooded San Francisco that year, they wanted to 'kill them all'), 18 years later they became exactly like those guys. but then again, 4/10 tracks were co-written with Mustaine so.. i don't know, guess i'm one of those really few 'stuck in the middle' guys

hahahahahaha, guess i prove him wrong twice. if Iced Earth counts too, guess that's 3!
26.09.2008 - 15:50
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Valentin B on 26.09.2008 at 13:04

shit i forgot who i voted for lol. i think it was Deth, but right now it's a pretty even tie, but i'm leaning towards Metallica, i love both bands, but only some songs from each album by Metallica, though i haven't heard much of 'Load' and from Megadeth i like entire albums(mainly, Rust in Peace and The System Has Failed, both of which are in my top 20 at least), the only album i worship from 'Tallica is Kill 'em All(interesting, it was named for the glam metal scene which flooded San Francisco that year, they wanted to 'kill them all'), 18 years later they became exactly like those guys. but then again, 4/10 tracks were co-written with Mustaine so.. i don't know, guess i'm one of those really few 'stuck in the middle' guys

hahahahahaha, guess i prove him wrong twice. if Iced Earth counts too, guess that's 3!

lol marcel, ur joke was very nice! i cant see that ive told such crap thing lol. its ur thought not mine. plz dont talk about wrong about ppl, this is me im here im not tallica to cant prove the truth here!
i said that i like metallica and i like Megadeth too. and someone like u likes three of them together im not idiot! uve said it million times. dont get me wrong!
and if i dont like Slayer, it doesnt mean that i hate Slayer, i dont like their lyrics which is not important for u marcel, u use Jesus's pciture on ur avatur( if im wrong tell me) then u say u like slayer!!!!! ok its ur way, u dont care about lyrics which is all of metal(IMO).

PS: ppl dont get me wrong im not religious, but im not anti-god or anti-christ too, im anti-religon. but when im anti-religion i dont need to swear to christ or others.(just wanted to clear it)
26.09.2008 - 18:54
Hamird
Lieutenant
This is off-topic but I doubt Marcel has put Jesus picture in his avatar, He puts an album cover or something like that... And Jesus can be appear on any kind of album cover, as he did on Scars of The Crucifix of Deicide
26.09.2008 - 19:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
@both Hamird & Black_God, my avatar is the album cover of Mercyl Fate - Mercyful Fate debut e.p and it is has topless nun on a cross surrounded by evil monks.
The cover refers to the song "Nuns Have No Fun where there is a lyric part that goes "upon a cross a nun will be hanged and she will be raped by evil men."
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

26.09.2008 - 20:03
totaliteraliter
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2008 at 19:16

@both Hamird & Black_God, my avatar is the album cover of Mercyl Fate - Mercyful Fate debut e.p and it is has topless nun on a cross surrounded by evil monks.
The cover refers to the song "Nuns Have No Fun where there is a lyric part that goes "upon a cross a nun will be hanged and she will be raped by evil men."

Yeah, awesome cover and album. -500 metal points to above people who didn't recognize it.