Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
27.09.2008 - 11:32
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by totaliteraliter on 26.09.2008 at 20:03

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2008 at 19:16

@both Hamird & Black_God, my avatar is the album cover of Mercyl Fate - Mercyful Fate debut e.p and it is has topless nun on a cross surrounded by evil monks.
The cover refers to the song "Nuns Have No Fun where there is a lyric part that goes "upon a cross a nun will be hanged and she will be raped by evil men."

Yeah, awesome cover and album. -500 metal points to above people who didn't recognize it.

first of all we dont have original here! even we cant see them when dont have them! second im not old enough to know all album covers about 80's and before it. third i dont need to know about any band! and all album covers.
but in the end, im agree that i have -500 metal points.

@marcel, so! i was wrong about u as u were wrong about me!
07.10.2008 - 20:30
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Written by totaliteraliter on 26.09.2008 at 20:03

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.09.2008 at 19:16

my avatar is the album cover of Mercyl Fate - Mercyful Fate debut e.p and it is has topless nun on a cross surrounded by evil monks.

Yeah, awesome cover and album. -500 metal points to above people who didn't recognize it.

i have to confess i didn't recognize it either but lets say it was because i had configured my Explorer not to show Images for a faster page-load so i didn't even see Marcel's Avator, good excuse, isn't it?
that -500 points worked, i looked for the album and finally found it so i have to thank you for it.
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
08.10.2008 - 10:08
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
to be honest metallica and megadeth are totally poles appart

love both but i think metallica has a special meaning to me so i choose em since kill em all got me into metal
----
Stay Metal !!!
22.10.2008 - 00:02
Murder
Mmm... well , I vote for Megadeth because I like only few Metallica early albums (Kill em all, Ride the lightning, etc.) and Megadeth is one of the most influencial bands in my life...
22.10.2008 - 00:49
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=2084] on 25.09.2008 at 06:57

@THE_BLACK_GOD:

Dave Mustaine was not kicked out because he had a drug problem...Dave Mustaine was kicked out of Metallica simply because he partied more than James and Lars...the band was on their way from LA to NY and Mustaine got too drunk and crazy and then when Mustaine finally came to, Lars and James gave him a ticket to send him back to California...Mustaine was not a follower of Metallica...he venged to create a whole new different kickass sound to blow Metallica out of the water and he suceeded...Kirk could just keep it together better than Mustaine and has a cooler head but to say that Mustaine got kicked out of Metallica for drug purposes is just plain ignorance on your part...as far as I'm concerned, the music of Megadeth keeps me more interested and more entertained than the music of Metallica...Mustaine has a lot more energy and I think that he cares more about the integrity about the music than any member of Metallica...and didn't James suffer from a herion addiction too? Oh yeah, that's right...good ol' James suffered from an addiction during the time where Mustaine was clean as a whistle and performing at his best when Metallica was nowhere to be seen...

It just goes to show you that Megedeth is the better band over Metallica, Mr. Judas Kiss...

Yeah they were all pretty messed up (aside from Kirk, from what I heard is a really clean guy, not sure if he ever indulged in that). This argument reminds me of when I was little kid (before I even looked into metal) one of my older cousins was into Megadeth, and he always used to tell me Metallica threw out Mustaine because "He rocked out too hard and they got jealous"
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
23.10.2008 - 10:30
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 22.10.2008 at 00:49

Written by [user id=2084] on 25.09.2008 at 06:57

@THE_BLACK_GOD:

Dave Mustaine was not kicked out because he had a drug problem...Dave Mustaine was kicked out of Metallica simply because he partied more than James and Lars...the band was on their way from LA to NY and Mustaine got too drunk and crazy and then when Mustaine finally came to, Lars and James gave him a ticket to send him back to California...Mustaine was not a follower of Metallica...he venged to create a whole new different kickass sound to blow Metallica out of the water and he suceeded...Kirk could just keep it together better than Mustaine and has a cooler head but to say that Mustaine got kicked out of Metallica for drug purposes is just plain ignorance on your part...as far as I'm concerned, the music of Megadeth keeps me more interested and more entertained than the music of Metallica...Mustaine has a lot more energy and I think that he cares more about the integrity about the music than any member of Metallica...and didn't James suffer from a herion addiction too? Oh yeah, that's right...good ol' James suffered from an addiction during the time where Mustaine was clean as a whistle and performing at his best when Metallica was nowhere to be seen...

It just goes to show you that Megedeth is the better band over Metallica, Mr. Judas Kiss...

Yeah they were all pretty messed up (aside from Kirk, from what I heard is a really clean guy, not sure if he ever indulged in that). This argument reminds me of when I was little kid (before I even looked into metal) one of my older cousins was into Megadeth, and he always used to tell me Metallica threw out Mustaine because "He rocked out too hard and they got jealous"

Dave was Metallica's Everything, metallica is was and will be somthin like shit when u compare it with megadeth. Dave is god Of Thrash metal. and metallica(CLIFF LEE BURTON,JAYMZ HETFIELD & LARS) were jelous of Dave at those times. they couldnt take that he is the best at a lot of Concerts!! they couldnt take that he had more fans at 1982. and the most important thing, he played solo's better than jaymz, lars and cliff. im agree with u.
07.11.2008 - 17:29
stygian
I have to say that its a hard choice, but metallica gets my vote,
and yes maybe dave wrote some stuff on ride the lightning as well, but when i listen to his version of the four horsemen, the mechanix, i justcant stand it... at least his execution of ideas doesnt do it for me...
07.11.2008 - 18:05
Demonmayonnaise
Written by stygian on 07.11.2008 at 17:29

I have to say that its a hard choice, but metallica gets my vote,
and yes maybe dave wrote some stuff on ride the lightning as well, but when i listen to his version of the four horsemen, the mechanix, i justcant stand it... at least his execution of ideas doesnt do it for me...

Actually the four horseman is Metallica's version of the mechanix. The four horseman had an added solo and altered lyrics after Dave was fired. The original is the mechanix
10.11.2008 - 12:45
Metalbound7
Metallica, Metallica, Metallica... Fuckthis!! im sick of Metallica fanboys. you can't talk of any great band (Maiden, Megadeth, etc.) without a moron comparing them with Metallica, don't missunderstand me i love Metallica, but the actual band is just a cartoon of what they really use to be even with DM. Get over it!!
10.11.2008 - 23:04
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Metalbound7 on 10.11.2008 at 12:45

Metallica, Metallica, Metallica... Fuckthis!! im sick of Metallica fanboys. you can't talk of any great band (Maiden, Megadeth, etc.) without a moron comparing them with Metallica, don't missunderstand me i love Metallica, but the actual band is just a cartoon of what they really use to be even with DM. Get over it!!

So your votes goes to...
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
11.11.2008 - 10:52
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 10.11.2008 at 23:04

Written by Metalbound7 on 10.11.2008 at 12:45

So your votes goes to...

and what a great and wise post !!
17.11.2008 - 19:17
AICJunkie
Account deleted
Written by Frankenchrist on 25.09.2008 at 21:31

i just think that metallica is just better overall. James's voice is just basically "fuck you" while dave's is kinda boring... also metallica's lyrics compared to megadeth's lyrics? c'mon you can't compare. Metallica are also really diverse with their riffs. some of them are simple, some fairly easy, and others uber hard. theyre riffs have to be the best to play on guitar. i like megadeth, but i gotta give it up for the kings of thrash,metallica.

Hetfield's voice is "fuck you"? I call it more accessible
whereas Mustaine's voice, although technically not better,
has a character about it. I'd hardly call it boring.
Also,
I can't compare Megadeth and Metallica's lyrics?
Well, I think I can, and Megadeth is better.
How about Holy Wars vs. Battery.
I'd say that Megadeth easily wins that one.
I'll allow you to take some time and look through
more lyrics and compare them, because I have a feeling
you honestly don't know many, if any Megadeth lyrics at all.
Same with the guitar riffs.
You're going to say that Megadeth isn't diverse?
Once again, I'm going to give you some time to actually
listen to some Megadeth songs and get back to me on this
instead of just vaguely saying that Megadeth can't compare.
17.11.2008 - 19:21
symphony theater
Account deleted
Maybe strange but i love both.but metallica is heavier in my scale
19.11.2008 - 00:42
Hugoj33
Both are great. But Metallica it's Metallica.
19.11.2008 - 10:51
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by [user id=35718] on 17.11.2008 at 19:21

Maybe strange but i love both.but metallica is heavier in my scale

its not strange when u say metallica is better! it would be strange if u said Megadeth
19.11.2008 - 11:49
Eeric
Account deleted
There's something in Metallica's sound that I don't like.
MEGADETH
19.11.2008 - 17:47
Frankenchrist
Written by [user id=34126] on 17.11.2008 at 19:17

i just think that metallica is just better overall. James's voice is just basically "fuck you" while dave's is kinda boring... also metallica's lyrics compared to megadeth's lyrics? c'mon you can't compare. Metallica are also really diverse with their riffs. some of them are simple, some fairly easy, and others uber hard. theyre riffs have to be the best to play on guitar. i like megadeth, but i gotta give it up for the kings of thrash,metallica.

Also,

uh, holy wars compared to battery? you gotta be shitting me, and just by me preferring metallica you can state that i don't know any megadeth lyrics? if you want to play the "this song vs. that song card".fine. megadeth's "wake up dead" shit lyrics. not that it matters, i happen to love megadeth, i just prefer metallica.

that's it.
----
Blat Blat
20.11.2008 - 03:00
Demonmayonnaise
I thought wake up deads lyrics were pretty bad ass.
20.11.2008 - 09:50
Eeric
Account deleted
No, not really. Wake up dead's lyrics are lame
20.11.2008 - 10:16
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=35853] on 20.11.2008 at 09:50

No, not really. Wake up dead's lyrics are lame

You actually got any ideas what is about?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.11.2008 - 10:16
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Wow. so is this the first poll to reach the 500 posts mark?

And as far as wake up dead lyrics, they are kinda lame, but he just tells sort of a story; the music is awesome though.

EDIT. yeah, right. I also wonder if the guy knows what the lyrics are about...
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

20.11.2008 - 10:34
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
I can't tell, both are great, but Metallica got me into metal, I really like Megadeth, Mustaine seems to have still 20 or 30 years in stage (hey, he still have his trademark long blond hair!). My vote was for Metallica but, IMO both have their places in my little world (along with Slayer of course!).

By the way: ST. Anger VS Risk (even if your answer is quite obvious).
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
22.11.2008 - 13:02
Agaatho
Both are very good and both have achieved a lot in their careers. But to ask which one is better- the answer that will never be answered.
This is of course only my personal opinion but i think a lot of people agree with me.
1. Guitar solos - definitely Megadeth (Mustain & Friedman know a lot more about guitar then Hetfield & Hammet).
2. Vocals - this one goes to Metallica (Hetfield is much talented vocalist then Mustaine).
3. Rhythm guitar- this is very hard to say, but overall Metallica is better.
4. Best album- Megadeth "Rust in Peace" hands down.
5. Which do you listen more (honestly)- I would have to say Metallica.

So i listen to Metallica a little bit more.

For a person who learns/ plays guitar Megadeth is much more interesting. Megadeth is way more powerful and a lot harder then Metallica ever will. Metallica on the other hand is more melodic and concentrates more on the lyrics.
For a person who knows nothing about the meaning of metal and rock n' roll Metallica is their choice. But when they evolve a little they begin to appreciate Megadeth as well if not even more.
I think both bands are great but as a guitarist i respect Megadeth a lot more then Metallica.
22.11.2008 - 20:17
AICJunkie
Account deleted
Written by Frankenchrist on 19.11.2008 at 17:47

Also,

uh, holy wars compared to battery? you gotta be shitting me, and just by me preferring metallica you can state that i don't know any megadeth lyrics? if you want to play the "this song vs. that song card".fine. megadeth's "wake up dead" shit lyrics. not that it matters, i happen to love megadeth, i just prefer metallica.

that's it.

Do you care to commnet on the rest of what I called you out on.
See you were very vague in your original post.
It sounded as you hadn't even really heard Megadeth.
You know how you said instrumentally Metallica was really varied,
it seemed as if you were trying to imply Megadeth was not.
A statement like that would lead me to believe that you were
just a biased Metallica fan and I still believe you are
because once again
instead of giving an example
you just said: "uh, holy wars compared to battery? you gotta be shitting me, and just by me preferring metallica you can state that i don't know any megadeth lyrics?"
oh
and pay attention
I'll say it yet again, I didn't think you didn't know any Megadeth just because you prefer Metallica,
I didn't think you knew any Megadeth because your posts so far lead me to believe you're
just a biased Metallica fan.
But, if you've truly heard both bands
and prefer Metallica then great, I just don't believe that right now.
23.11.2008 - 15:10
Frankenchrist
Written by [user id=34126] on 22.11.2008 at 20:17

Written by Frankenchrist on 19.11.2008 at 17:47

Also,

that's it.

Do you care to commnet on the rest of what I called you out on.
See you were very vague in your original post.
It sounded as you hadn't even really heard Megadeth.
You know how you said instrumentally Metallica was really varied,
it seemed as if you were trying to imply Megadeth was not.
A statement like that would lead me to believe that you were
just a biased Metallica fan and I still believe you are
because once again
instead of giving an example
you just said: "uh, holy wars compared to battery? you gotta be shitting me, and just by me preferring metallica you can state that i don't know any megadeth lyrics?"
oh
and pay attention
I'll say it yet again, I didn't think you didn't know any Megadeth just because you prefer Metallica,
I didn't think you knew any Megadeth because your posts so far lead me to believe you're
just a biased Metallica fan.
But, if you've truly heard both bands
and prefer Metallica then great, I just don't believe that right now.

uhh......well i mean...i'll just leave it at this. i mean...i think i can live my life without you believing i've heard both bands. i like metallica more than i like megadeth.

fucking deal with it.
----
Blat Blat
24.11.2008 - 16:37
Puppets
Account deleted
MEtallica ofcourse without them Megadeth would be nothing. They started 82 and Megadeth 85.
24.11.2008 - 16:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=36073] on 24.11.2008 at 16:37

MEtallica ofcourse without them Megadeth would be nothing. They started 82 and Megadeth 85.

So?
Slayer, Dark Angel, Holy Terror,Wargasm all started after Metallica and I would choose those four over Metallica any time of the day.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.11.2008 - 17:44
Puppets
Account deleted
Slayer is same as Metallica they are both g best, Dark Angel has no big song.
24.11.2008 - 18:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=36073] on 24.11.2008 at 16:37

Ex cuse me but Dave Mustaine was at Metallica in 82 so year dont counts at all, even Metalllica realsied 2 good albums bewetween
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.11.2008 - 20:38
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by [user id=36073] on 24.11.2008 at 17:44

Slayer is same as Metallica they are both g best, Dark Angel has no big song.

Agreed. Dark Angel had never created anything as big as Metallica. Their last two albums were pretty good though.
----
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner