Metal Storm logo
Creeping Death vs. Angel of Death

Original post

Posted by Metalmunky17, 07.07.2010 - 08:52
Creeping Death (Metallica) or Angel of Death (Slayer)? Both have similar themes of Judaism and history, even though they are very different. But which one is your favorite? mine would have to be Creeping Death, considering I enjoy the music more and the themes are less dark.

Poll

Which song do you prefer - Creeping Death or Angel of Death?

Angel of Death
Creeping Death

Total votes: 188
14.07.2010 - 22:58
VinciShredder
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Angel of Death! Monarch to the kingdom of the dead!

Slayer kicks a**!
----
When in despair on what to play on your guitar next, just shred the hell out of that bitch.
15.07.2010 - 10:48
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by VinciShredder on 14.07.2010 at 22:58

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh! Angel of Death! Monarch to the kingdom of the dead!

Slayer kicks a**!

...Dammit, what's so great about the scream?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
15.07.2010 - 16:00
Panterica
I prefer Angel of Death. I suppose I feel that way because 2 days ago I came back from Poland. My classmates and I went to Poland to learn about the Holocaust. Auschwitz was the hardest part for me. Auschwitz stayed just the way it was then and the pictures and the stories were absolutely horrifying. It was a tough journey but I believe that every human being on earth should learn about the Holocaust. We must not forget in order to prevent such things in the future.
----
Li'ed - Prog-Metal from Jerusalem
https://open.spotify.com/artist/7aZWDrAAvDSLMaSmDSE8zA
https://www.facebook.com/LiedBandMusic
http://lied-band.bandcamp.com/
15.07.2010 - 16:41
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Panterica on 15.07.2010 at 16:00

I prefer Angel of Death. I suppose I feel that way because 2 days ago I came back from Poland. My classmates and I went to Poland to learn about the Holocaust. Auschwitz was the hardest part for me. Auschwitz stayed just the way it was then and the pictures and the stories were absolutely horrifying. It was a tough journey but I believe that every human being on earth should learn about the Holocaust. We must not forget in order to prevent such things in the future.

Angel of Death is mostly about Josef Mengele's human experiments, which took place in Auschwitz. It's only a fraction of the Holocaust. But I don't get this. It's about the music. Lyrics are great too, but aren't you supposed to focus on the musical quality?
----
15.07.2010 - 17:44
Goricyde
Account deleted
Bolth songs kick ass. But Slayer is not only more popular but also it a shorter song. I think that these two factors dictate the votes. I picked Slayer of corse.
15.07.2010 - 18:05
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by [user id=107022] on 15.07.2010 at 17:44

Bolth songs kick ass. But Slayer is not only more popular but also it a shorter song. I think that these two factors dictate the votes. I picked Slayer of corse.

Are you referring to the song that's more popular or the band? If the latter, hell no, Metallica is more popular.
----
15.07.2010 - 18:10
Goricyde
Account deleted
Band VezzyRattlehead. Here in San Antonio Slayer is much more popular than Slayer.
15.07.2010 - 18:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=107022] on 15.07.2010 at 18:10

Band VezzyRattlehead. Here in San Antonio Slayer is much more popular than Slayer.

I doubt San Antonio Slayer (also known as S.A. Slayer) is much more popular than Slayer.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2010 - 19:31
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2010 at 18:35

I doubt San Antonio Slayer (also known as S.A. Slayer) is much more popular than Slayer.

Yeah, S.A. Slayer was some hair metal/power band (from what I recall, I may be wrong) who have long been disbanded. Apparently they and Slayer had a battle of the bands. Who won, I don't know, but I'm willing to guess it was the latter.

[even though you only mistyped]
----
15.07.2010 - 19:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by vezzy on 15.07.2010 at 19:31

Yeah, S.A. Slayer was some hair metal/power band (from what I recall, I may be wrong) who have long been disbanded. Apparently they and Slayer had a battle of the bands. Who won, I don't know, but I'm willing to guess it was the latter.

Totally NOT hair metal S.A. Slayer more like a heavier US power metal band.
And Ron Jarzombek and Dave McClain were once part of it. And the reason why they changed their name from slayer to S.A. Slayer is like is stated on MA
S.A. Slayer was originally known just as Slayer, but since there was another Slayer (USA) at that time and they had already put out an album, they threatened the San Antonio Slayer with a lawsuit, and so they had to put the S.A. before their name. The band has been long disbanded, and the members have scattered to many different bands (Steve Cooper joined Juggernaut, Ron Jarzombek is in Watchtower and Spastic Ink, Don Van Stavern was in the bands Riot and Pitbull Daycare, and drummer Dave McClain had been in both Machine Head (USA) and Sacred Reich.

The reason I remember them is cause I have both their ep and full leength on vinyl. Bought it back in the day.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.07.2010 - 19:37
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.07.2010 at 19:35

Written by vezzy on 15.07.2010 at 19:31

Totally NOT hair metal S.A. Slayer more like a heavier US power metal band.
And Ron Jarzombek and Dave McClain were once part of it. And the reason why they changed their name from slayer to S.A. Slayer is like is stated on MA
S.A. Slayer was originally known just as Slayer, but since there was another Slayer (USA) at that time and they had already put out an album, they threatened the San Antonio Slayer with a lawsuit, and so they had to put the S.A. before their name. The band has been long disbanded, and the members have scattered to many different bands (Steve Cooper joined Juggernaut, Ron Jarzombek is in Watchtower and Spastic Ink, Don Van Stavern was in the bands Riot and Pitbull Daycare, and drummer Dave McClain had been in both Machine Head (USA) and Sacred Reich.

The reason I remember them is cause I have both their ep and full leength on vinyl. Bought it back in the day.

Yeah, I know about the name controversy.
----
16.07.2010 - 16:37
Goricyde
Account deleted
Just so there is no confusion, most people in SA have no clue that S.A. Slayer ever existed. I do mean Slayer who released GREAT albums like Seasons in the Abyss, South of Heaven and Reign in Blood as well as others.
16.07.2010 - 17:05
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=107022] on 16.07.2010 at 16:37

Just so there is no confusion, most people in SA have no clue that S.A. Slayer ever existed. I do mean Slayer who released GREAT albums like Seasons in the Abyss, South of Heaven and Reign in Blood as well as others.

I got what yyou meant the first time around that the second Slayer in your porst should have read Metallica instead. A simple typo. Because of course people liking Slayer more than Slayer makes no sense whatspever
But it was funny since their used to be a band called San Antonio Slayer. But like you said almost no-one in either San Antonio or anywhere else in the world knows this band existed, unlike like me they own their albums, I think
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.07.2010 - 00:15
I'd have to go with Creeping Death, I just love the verse and the interlude. More a fan of a Metallica then Slayer.
23.07.2010 - 00:54
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by vezzy on 15.07.2010 at 16:41

Written by Panterica on 15.07.2010 at 16:00

Angel of Death is mostly about Josef Mengele's human experiments, which took place in Auschwitz. It's only a fraction of the Holocaust. But I don't get this. It's about the music. Lyrics are great too, but aren't you supposed to focus on the musical quality?

are not the lyrics part of the song? if both songs were roughly equal in sonic quality to him but the lyrics of Angel of Death resonated with him, why shouldn't that be a legitimate determining factor for his vote?
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
25.07.2010 - 05:45
DoommooD
I lvv both songs. if forced to pic one with a gun to my head and hot melted silver dripping on my tongue and mexican kids with sticks using my nuts as a pinata, i would have to pick angel of death.
25.07.2010 - 05:49
DoommooD
In all seriousness also, i must say that angel of death is historical and teaches all of us about some of the horrors that humans do to eachother. we all can learn a bit from the song also.
25.07.2010 - 21:40
selken
Irreligious
The songs are very different, in such way that there are no actual facts to determine which is best, as a Slayer fan, I have to say, Angel of Death is madness, one of the headbanging signature songs, it makes you wanna kill someone, the song assassinates you.
As a Metallica fan, Creepin' is a melodic thrash metal masterpiece, the "die, die" part just makes your blood boil on a live show, the solo is epic as the song's ending (all section after the last chorus).

Cannot choose...
----
26.07.2010 - 04:01
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by vezzy on 15.07.2010 at 10:48

Written by VinciShredder on 14.07.2010 at 22:58

Slayer kicks a**!

...Dammit, what's so great about the scream?

its just great. just great. sure its not the best but its awesome.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.07.2010 - 04:05
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by DoommooD on 25.07.2010 at 05:45

I lvv both songs. if forced to pic one with a gun to my head and hot melted silver dripping on my tongue and mexican kids with sticks using my nuts as a pinata, i would have to pick angel of death.

little graphic there
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
27.07.2010 - 06:40
Creeping Death is a way better song
29.07.2010 - 02:41
WTF!
I Love 'em Both,but I think CREEPING DEATH is better,That riff in part(Die,By My hand...)Is Bloody Gr8:banger:!Also Kirk has Played one of his best guitar solo's ever(That's very rare!)In Live performances aslo,I prefare Creeping death By Metallica...
Angel Of death is also Gr8 song,But i think it's a little TOO THRASH!;D
----
Born we are the same, within the silence, indifference be thy name
Torn we walk alone, we sleep in silent shades
The grandeur fades, the meaning never known
29.07.2010 - 02:49
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
"Angel of Death" is an Anti-Jewish song? always there is a big question mark about it in my head. and Ive heard from a lot of ppl that Kerry King is racist or ... but as I know Jeff Hanneman has written the lyrics for this song anyway, so what was their real mean about this song?

anyone knows about it?
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
29.07.2010 - 12:17
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Elyar S. on 29.07.2010 at 02:49

"Angel of Death" is an Anti-Jewish song? always there is a big question mark about it in my head. and Ive heard from a lot of ppl that Kerry King is racist or ... but as I know Jeff Hanneman has written the lyrics for this song anyway, so what was their real mean about this song?

anyone knows about it?

It's about Josef Mengele who performed human experiments in the Auschwitz concentration camp during WWII. He later fled.
----
31.07.2010 - 01:04
Elyar S.
Gud är Död
Written by vezzy on 29.07.2010 at 12:17

Written by Elyar S. on 29.07.2010 at 02:49

anyone knows about it?

It's about Josef Mengele who performed human experiments in the Auschwitz concentration camp during WWII. He later fled.

I know the whole story, Im talking about the goal of Slayers to making such a song. what they mean? they advertised it? liked it? or what?
----
Kiss my ass if you dont like me, I dont care.
31.07.2010 - 01:28
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Read the lyrics. It's just a factual piece of what happened. A historical account, nthing more nothing less.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.07.2010 - 01:51
RavenKing
I prefer Angel Of Death by far. I really like old Slayer. Never liked Metallica.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
31.07.2010 - 03:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Is shocked and surprised Elyar was not aware of the meaning of the song... as Marcel said, it was an account of something that actually happened. it's not "for it" or anything...

many of their songs simply take the actions of horrible people and their doings (Mengele, Dahmer, Gein) and put them to lyrics/music.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.07.2010 - 03:49
Angelic Storm
Melodious
^^ Yep. Jeff Hanneman has said there's nothing in the lyrics that specifically says Josef Mengele was a bad man, but there doesnt need to be, because that should be obvious to anyone anyway. Jeff is the Slayer member who is really interested in war as a subject, so he writes a lot of lyrics about it. Tom writes a lot of the serial killer lyrics because he has an interest in that subject. I think its stupid that people accuse them of being nazis, just because they write songs about them. Its like saying they go about killing people because they write about serial killers! Stupid.
31.07.2010 - 04:19
RavenKing
Written by Angelic Storm on 31.07.2010 at 03:49
I think its stupid that people accuse them of being nazis, just because they write songs about them. Its like saying they go about killing people because they write about serial killers! Stupid.

I agree but there's another reason to this. The eagle logo Slayer use is a Nazi symbol.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody