Metal Storm logo
Lordi!

Original post

Posted by Ernis, 21.05.2006 - 01:47
This has been done now. The temperature of minus 300 degrees has been finally achieved and the Hell has frozen.....for a while at least....the thing that everyone thought to be impossible is fulfilled.....Finland won the Eurosong competition....thanks to a band that enchanted our hearts with their lovely rough attitude and merry and powerful music....

Lordi, we should all thank them that they have been so good, that they have dared to make history, that they have dared to stay themselves and I really hope they shall always be as they have always been....full of positive energy and kindness.....

Let us open this thread in honour of their great victory which is also a great for their country.....

PRAISE THEM!!!!

HONOUR THEM!!!!

For you are worth it, Lordi!
May your dark and merciless light always lead our lives towards victories and bring us hope and good luck......
24.05.2006 - 20:22
deathmor
Account deleted
The poor guys
24.05.2006 - 21:04
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
Today there was a pic of Lordi without mask in the cover of the Finnish crap magazine "7päivää". The fans have been furious about it and now there´s a petiton in the internet that wants people to boycott that magazine. Already 15000 people have signed it and I´m gonna sign it as soon as I find it...
----
You'll never walk alone.
24.05.2006 - 23:41
Ernis
狼獾
That is so pathetic that the journalists are ready to sell their souls to find out what Lordi looks like. Today I saw some really blurry pictures in the paper which depicted(at least they said so) the members of Lordi withuout masks....there was even a so-called picture of Awa....she was blonde there so it could have been Enary instead but who knows.....

A friend of mine lived two years in Finland and he has actually met Mr Lordi. And he said that he is really a modest and ordinary person who normally isn't a monster at all as he is on stage.....why there are people who just cannot understand that a man wants to live his life quietly and needs his privacy....some of us don't want to be superstars in the middle of attention......
25.05.2006 - 13:51
heresiarch
Forever Dead
At this moment number is close to 100000 in united we are strong

@Ernotar I found the boycott adress in www.adressit.com/ansku69
there you can sing the adress
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
25.05.2006 - 15:36
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ heresiarch Thanks, I´ll do it! I heard that some people quit subscribing "7päivää" and also that the feedback section of their webpage collapsed because of the amount of angry posts. Hope seiska loses big money because of that stupid pic.
----
You'll never walk alone.
25.05.2006 - 19:25
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@Thryce
well it is, i just saw two pics of lead singer Mr Lordi and that girl a keyboard payer pics were in germans BILD magazine and they said they real anmes , female study music, and singer is goin to get married and hes 31 year old lol
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
25.05.2006 - 20:40
heresiarch
Forever Dead
At this moment number is over 130000 united we are strong
----

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

25.05.2006 - 20:56
SteTech
In the Daily Mail, a newspaper here, apparently they printed a promo picture of Lordi without the masks, turned out it was Children of Bodom a few years ago!
25.05.2006 - 23:07
Ernis
狼獾
We know....it was mistaken because Lordi's ex-keyboard player Enary is in CoB at the moment.....
26.05.2006 - 03:46
Falcon
Written by SteTech on 25.05.2006 at 20:56

In the Daily Mail, a newspaper here, apparently they printed a promo picture of Lordi without the masks, turned out it was Children of Bodom a few years ago!

yap idd, look at the first page of this thread... A ridiculous story that is! It was in many European papers I think, also here hehe
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
26.05.2006 - 11:23
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by EddieGunner on 25.05.2006 at 19:25

@Thryce
well it is, i just saw two pics of lead singer Mr Lordi and that girl a keyboard payer pics were in germans BILD magazine and they said they real anmes , female study music, and singer is goin to get married and hes 31 year old lol

You're right, these pictures of his real face seems to pop up nowadays now Lordi has been getting more popular after their victory...
Also, on May 24 2006, 7 Päivää magazine published a picture of Lordi's face on the front page. The magazine was heavily criticised for it.

I've managed to find these pictures in the meantime. You can check a picture of how Leena Peisa (27)[keyboards] looks in real life here,
and a picture of Tomi Putansuu (Mr. Lordi) can be found here.

/!\ WARNING /!\ :
Only look at these pictures if you are sure you want to. And don't blame me for anything, I didn't took those pictures and I didn't published them. I just found them on the internet and made a link to them
----
Your favorite band sucks.
26.05.2006 - 12:02
Bankler
Account deleted
Lordi! I just have to say: Yyeeeyie! They truly kicked ass in the Eurovison!
26.05.2006 - 15:22
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
The following report is courtesy of http://www.bloomberg.com :

Tens of thousands of Finns will gather in the capital Helsinki this evening to celebrate monster rock band Lordi, which brought the Nordic country its first Eurovision Song Contest win in more than four decades of trying.

The televised event at the main market square will feature head banging, monsters, pyrotechnics and loud music including the winning song 'Hard Rock Hallelujah'.'

First held in 1956, the Eurovision contest is best known for launching the careers of performers such as Abba and Celine Dion. Before this year's victory, Finland participated a record 39 times in the contest without winning, picked up eight last places and scored the dreaded "nul point'' on three occasions.

"There has been some frustration,'' Finnish Prime Minister Matti Vanhanen, a fan or heavy rock music, said in an interview. "The timing of this victory was just right.''

At this year's contest in Athens on May 20, Lordi's hard rock and monster outfits eclipsed traditional miniskirts and euro-pop.

Finns have a penchant for hard rock and gigs of global stars of the genre, like Iron Maiden and Metallica, are sold out within minutes. H.I.M., The Rasmus and Nightwish are the top local hard rock bands in a country better known for Nokia Oyj phones and motor racers such as Mika Hakkinen.

"For sure the victory will have an impact,'' Paulina Ahokas, director at Music Export Finland, said in an interview. "There has been exceptional media interest. Popular culture is the most efficient way in promoting a country.''

Prime Minister Vanhanen has been called a rocker in a Finnish newspaper after he raised his hand into a traditional heavy metal salute known as "the goat'' when posing with Lordi at a press conference in Helsinki on May 22.

The band participated in the Finnish Eurovision qualification this year to promote its third album rather than seriously trying to win and represent the country at the contest.

So far 18 countries in Europe have agreed to release the new record titled Arockalypse.' Lordi released its first album in 2002. It reached platinum sales in Finland. Lordi's front man and lead vocalist, Mr. Lordi, was born as Tomi Putaansuu in Rovaniemi, a town of 57,000 habitants on the Arctic Circle. The town plans to name a square after Lordi.

----
And here's another story about Lordi :

The following report is courtesy of David Browne from eTN Europe:

The extraordinary success of a wild rock band in the annual Eurovision Song Contest has turned a little-known group from Finland into a tourist attraction. The Finnish Tourist Board has capitalized on the win by the heavy metal monsters, Lordi, by promoting a special concert and cut-price tours for Eurovision aficionados.

The band's success is being haled as a major boost for tourism to their home country. The budget airline, Ryanair, has also joined in the fun and is offering 10,000 tickets for payment only of taxes and service charges on its route to Tampere in Finland. On the back of their runaway Eurovision Song Contest success in Athens, Lordi are to perform a triumphant home-coming concert in Helsinki's market square on Friday evening. There will also be an opportunity to hear them play at next month's Sauna Open Air Metal festival in Tampere from June 8-10.

"Lordi and their song, 'Hard Rock Hallelujah', have certainly helped strengthen Finland's position on the rock music map. They join an array of top-caliber bands such as H.I.M., The Rasmus and Nightwish whose music enjoys world-wide acclaim," said Anne Lind, director of the Finnish Tourist Board.

She added that it was a particularly proud moment to witness the United Kingdom viewers awarding maximum 12 points to the Finnish monster rock band. "Now we want to welcome as many visitors as possible to Finland, to sample our music for themselves," she says.

The Eurovision Song Contest is usually known for its display of bland Euro-pop music but last weekend Lordi broke the mould and went on to break all records in the votes they got from millions of television viewers using SMS text and phone voting. Several pubs and clubs in London held Eurovision parties on the night of the contest, with fans assembled to watch the show on big TV screens. Many people turned out in fancy dress and sported national flags, but in a spirit more of humorous cynicism than appreciation of fine new music. The show is usually an extravagant cheesy spectacle with predictable voting patterns. This year's contest did not disappoint, with Cyprus giving maximum votes to Greece and vice versa, and all the Balkan countries voting for each other's songs. There have been some serious successes in previous Eurovision contests - ABBA first made their name internationally through Eurovision.
But the emergence of Finland's entry as a possible winner this year was a surprise and the possibility that Lordi might run away with the top score became clear early on in the voting process as one country after another awarded them top marks.

The unexpected success means that Helsinki will host the Eurovision Song Contest in 2007, and the Finnish Tourist Board have made it known that they will take full advantage of it in promoting Finland's tourist offer, especially to the British.

"Whether they want the heavy sounds of rock or the more intimate strains of a string quartet, they will not be disappointed. After all, we have nearly 80 mainstream music festivals taking place through the summer, and a whole host of other events which combine to celebrate summer in Finland," said Anne Lind.

"At the other extreme, of course, is the silence of the Finnish countryside and the wonderful opportunity to be at one with nature. A summer break in Finland offers time and space to relax and rejuvenate amid the lakes, forests and fells which provide some of Europe's most stunning scenery. "We are also looking forward to hosting a fabulous Eurovision Song Contest event in Finland in 2007. This is sure to be a big lure for visitors to the city."
----
Your favorite band sucks.
26.05.2006 - 16:01
deathmor
Account deleted
Thryce: the texts are qite interesting.
26.05.2006 - 17:00
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
The Rasmus is hard rock... Since when... And Matti Vanhanen, a fan of heavy rock.. A man, who also posed with the Finnish rap artist Pikku G... He just wants to get publicity, nothing else.

Anyway, today there was a demonstration in front of seiska´s office and now there are over 180000 names in the petition. And Lordi has a big party in Kauppatori. I´m not going there, as I´m not so big fan of them, but I´m surely gonna watch it on tv, as the whole party comes live on a digital-channel.

I don´t know about that square named after Mr. Putaansuu in Rovaniemi, but at least there´s already a road named after him, Putaankatu.
----
You'll never walk alone.
01.06.2006 - 13:35
Warman
Erotic Stains
I like Lordi and I gave my vote to them in Eurovision.
----
04.06.2006 - 13:11
Liisi
god damn. i hate that everybody noticed Lordi when they won this stupid thing. i was a fan of Lordi like 3 years ago already and NOW OMG they won this and everybody likes them. brrrr. stupid contests they .............
----
i may be small, i may be cute, but baby, i know how to move my feet!
07.06.2006 - 01:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I can't understand that people actually think that Lordi is a good band they are a disgrace to metal IMO, stupid shock pop rock songs they play. It is a watered down cross between kiss and gwar, but with crappier songs.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.06.2006 - 11:33
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.06.2006 at 01:25

I can't understand that people actually think that Lordi is a good band they are a disgrace to metal IMO, stupid shock pop rock songs they play. It is a watered down cross between kiss and gwar, but with crappier songs.

I agree with you - but I still think it's good that they won the Eurovision.
It shows that even bad metal is better than pop
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
16.06.2006 - 11:12
scorus
Account deleted
honestly I don't eaven understand why thei even signed up for that stupid contest? I think lordi was good enought wihtout having won that contest, it doesn't make them any better in my oppinion. they don't need that shit!
16.06.2006 - 21:48
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ scorus I think Lordi just wanted to show how stupid consept ESC is. They took that as a joke and great opportunity to promote their album. In fact not all Lordi members even wanted to take part in ESC, but perhaps Mr. Lordi had the last word...
----
You'll never walk alone.
17.06.2006 - 14:07
marinBG
LORDI is a fucking awesome band. I really really love thier stuff. I was so happy to see one of my favourite bands win Eurovision on national TV. It was great.

and the pictures of Lordi without maskes and actually old pictures of Children Of Bodom with Erany (Erna) standing in for Janne Wirman, who couldn't make it to one of their first European tours because of exams and school. For more info on that misunderstanding check out www.cobhc.com for the official Children Of Bodom rejection of this news.
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
17.06.2006 - 14:15
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I agree with Ozman here, they suck. But still, we owe them one for prooving that they should annihilate Eurovision.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
26.06.2006 - 02:53
Dam3k
Is a shame this band have been several times tagged as metal... anyway they rule!!
----

17.07.2006 - 14:59
Shadegrown
Why wouldn't they sign up for Eurovision?
Maybe song isn't so good as other their songs but on the end they won. I don't know about you, but I'm sure I wouldn't watch Eurovision if they wouldn't play
17.07.2006 - 22:06
heresiarch
Forever Dead
If Finland wants to stay at top of the song contest they got send something cool like Apocalyptica or Korpiklaani
----

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

21.07.2006 - 14:09
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by heresiarch on 17.07.2006 at 22:06

If Finland wants to stay at top of the song contest they got send something cool like Apocalyptica or Korpiklaani

Finland have a hard task in next years contest - how can they get better than Lordi ?
I don't think Apocalyptica would do it - unfortunately .
It's only cool to do the Eurovision if you win - or if you get "nil points"
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
21.07.2006 - 14:20
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I have to say I knew Lordi before their winage on Eurovision, but never really listened to them... But they kicked ass and I was totally cheering for them! I kinda give them a listen every once in a while, they sound a bit too glammish for me, so I get bored of them.... but I absolutely love the song ''Would You Love A Monsterman''. It's just so.... awwwww .... especially the chorus

''Would you love a monsterman
Could you understand beauty of the beast
I would do it all for you, would you do it all
Do it all for me''

It's just.... Monstrous and romantic.... awwww my heart sings every time I listen to this song Maybe because I am some kind of monster.....
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
21.07.2006 - 16:02
Basso
Account deleted
Lordi is utter crap. And by joining the ESC and winnings proves that they are nothing more that the other popmusic going nonstop on the radio. Boring as f**k. I cant stand this band and I really hope theese guys doesnt draw 100s of "metal"wannabe bands into the upcomming Eurovisions. But ofcourse that is exactly what will happen. *sigh*
21.07.2006 - 22:00
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by hanna of steel on 21.07.2006 at 14:09

Written by heresiarch on 17.07.2006 at 22:06

Finland have a hard task in next years contest - how can they get better than Lordi ?
I don't think Apocalyptica would do it - unfortunately .
It's only cool to do the Eurovision if you win - or if you get "nil points"
I disagree on that . Apocalyptica is very well known throughout europe especially young people recognize the band and will cheer heavily Cello heavy is so extraordinary that it will prevail

Some of the people in Finland wants to send former ski-jumper Matti Nykaenen to the contest how dumb is that ?
----

No reason to live for
One reason to die for