Metal Storm logo
Faith No more

Original post

Posted by EddieGunner, 23.05.2006 - 17:05
best band in alternative rock genr,
well i must opend this topic to see is here any FNM fans a none metal band that have band INFO here at metalstorm so what do u think about them fav albums etc....
16.07.2006 - 00:54
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well i think it was in RockZone show at MTV Germany it was late show and im 100% sure i saw FNM there few times
and yeah old MTV and this MTV we have now is huge diference too manny fuckin relaty shows who they fuck watch that
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
19.07.2006 - 09:42
Joey Jo Jo
Piece of shit
I know no band is truely the best, but if Faith No More isn't the top candidate, noone else should be. Everything about this band is great, even thier bad stuff is good. The musicians are cartainly all master of thier instruments. Probably what makes thier 2 worst (and earliest) albums seem so damn enjoyable. Angel Dust is one of the best albums ever made by anyone, and is such a great achievement they should have gotten a lot more recognition. Mike Patton is one of the greatest vocalists around, even if some of his work is annoying.
----
"If there hadn't been women we'd still be squatting in a cave eating raw meat, because we made civilization in order to impress our girl friends. And they tolerated it and let us go ahead and play with our toys."
- Orson Welles
03.08.2006 - 23:19
Freyya
This band has something special in the way they sound, it's a good reunion of musicians..and I personally admire Mike Patton so much!!
----
"Music was invented to confirm human loneliness"
15.03.2007 - 16:31
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Patton is something that is very rare to see at music scene, so many bands hes in and all of them r good and very known and hes acting
----
Erno Paasilinna
16.03.2007 - 15:12
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
This should be in the alt. metal category...
17.03.2007 - 17:49
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@jupitreas
they r not alt metal, they r Alternative Rock band
----
Erno Paasilinna
17.03.2007 - 18:55
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
They are definitely alt metal... Actually they are one of the defining bands of the genre
18.03.2007 - 05:51
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I just purchased what many people believe to be their best album...Angel Dust...I'm going to go listen to it then come back here with an opinion about it...
19.03.2007 - 05:34
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
i'm eager to hear your thoughts. the album title was based on the concept of the two words, which the band viewed as 'beautiful' when taken on their own merging into something 'ugly' when combined. The music is chaotic at times, especially for a band coming off a really commercially successful album.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
19.03.2007 - 08:40
Sonic MrSumo
Written by [user id=2084] on 18.03.2007 at 05:51

I just purchased what many people believe to be their best album...Angel Dust...I'm going to go listen to it then come back here with an opinion about it...

Yes, I feel this is their best work; and one of the best albums of all time.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and have done since it's release.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
19.03.2007 - 18:59
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Well, this is quite the album I'll tell you that...it's really different...I love the keyboard work...it sounds very experimental...it sounds kinda progressive...the bass work is indeed at the forefront...I can see where bands like Tub Ring got their sound from...I can see the stark contrasts between beauty and ugliness on this album...a lot of the atmospheric keyboard compositions contrast great with Mosley's gritty vocal delivery and lyrical content...great combination...the album is really solid...I can see why it's celebrated as their strongest release...
19.03.2007 - 20:21
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Patton was the vocalist for this one... Mosely was dumped for Patton prior to the recording of "the Real Thing."
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.04.2007 - 22:12
Mockingbird622
Account deleted
Angel dust is probably the most orignal album of the 90s...well 2nd hahaha Mr.Bungle's Disco Volante was probalby the most orignal album of hte 90s(of all time for that matter) hahaha
30.04.2007 - 18:42
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
i only heard Angel Dust till now, seen that it's considered generally their best album i got it first,
imo it's a great cd, i especially like the track Be Agressive, definitely my favourite track from the cd

what album do you guys recommend me to get next?
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
30.04.2007 - 19:00
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Bas on 30.04.2007 at 18:42

i only heard Angel Dust till now, seen that it's considered generally their best album i got it first,
imo it's a great cd, i especially like the track Be Agressive, definitely my favourite track from the cd

The Real Thing (the one before Angel Dust and also with Mike Patton) and Introduce Yourself (different vocalist though)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.04.2007 - 19:09
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've been listening to Faith No More a lot these days as I have obtained their albums...I love the keyboard work and the epic vast nature of their music...they're so different and for that I applaud them...
10.05.2007 - 08:50
Meuterei
Account deleted
Written by Bas on 30.04.2007 at 18:42

Honestly, get them all, except maybe Introduce Yourself. That one was good but Patton isn't on it.

The Real Thing, King for a Day, and Album of The Year are all fantastic.
16.05.2007 - 08:42
Asat0r
This has got to be one of the most overlooked bands. When you hear about Faith No More, all you hear is "Epic" but this band has SO much more to offerr than that song. It really is a shame that that was the only "hit" song they had.
16.05.2007 - 09:47
RealCynic
Account deleted
This band is soooooo big influence for many other band worldwide. Excellent musicians and very creative way of thinking.
Also i like and the other bands of Mike Patton(Peeping Tom, Mr Bungle FAntomas etc)
Music Diamonds
27.12.2007 - 03:25
Sonic MrSumo
Written by Asat0r on 16.05.2007 at 08:42

This has got to be one of the most overlooked bands. When you hear about Faith No More, all you hear is "Epic" but this band has SO much more to offerr than that song. It really is a shame that that was the only "hit" song they had.

All their albums did very well downunder (i.e. Australia);

# 1989: The Real Thing - Australia #2
# 1992: Angel Dust - Australia #4
# 1995: King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime - Australia #2
# 1997: Album of the Year - Australia #1
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.
09.03.2008 - 22:40
Evil Chip
I like this band, is so original and fun to listen. Angel Dust its one of the best records of alternate music.
10.03.2008 - 20:22
Hellish Star
"The Real Thing" was a masterpiece, the others didn't to anything to me...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
17.03.2008 - 16:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Only song what I realy LOVe are digging To Grave, others are good, but not so and still werry firts albums are good
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.04.2008 - 06:12
PetSat
FNM is an incredible band. Like Metal Blade posted above, most people only know "Epic" but there is so much more to these guys. Shame they broke up...

If you're looking for albums to go with just pick up anything and you'll be happy but if we're going to name some then grab Angel Dust first and then The Real Thing.
02.04.2008 - 17:32
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
i knew that FNM is great and very popular band around the globe, but didn't know they r so popular in aussie

cool FNM is still one of mne fav bands i love to listen them every day... so great band
----
Erno Paasilinna
29.04.2008 - 01:33
Tairn
Account deleted
<3 FnM. ^_^
23.05.2008 - 22:39
Gordon Freeman
The alternative metal forum would be pretty much empty without this band, considering their influence on the genre.

A lot of bands probably wouldn't exist as we know them.

Personal Favorite album is King for a Day...
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
23.09.2008 - 04:40
DevilBabi
Faith No More =

First song i ever heard was Mid Life Crisis, and remains to this day, my fav of all time.
I also love Last Cup of Sorrow.
Perfect 10/10 every time
28.09.2008 - 03:36
Cocacolacowboy
Account deleted
Mr Bungle > Faith no More

i don't really listen to FNM anymore..but still see Angel dust as a essential album of the 90's..
05.11.2008 - 22:52
benvolent
I, myself, like King for a day the most - IMO more solid and congruent than angel dust. But truely they are great!!
----
The struggle to free myself of restraints, becomes my very shackles