Metal Storm logo
Temnozor

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 01.06.2007 - 01:57
Temnozor, one of eastern europes more "popular" acts when it comes down to the Pagan or Folk metal area. So basicly I just wanted to know what people think of this band? I am very fond of them myself and for thoose that dont know of them here is a describtion from last.fm:

"Temnozor. NS Black Pagan Metal with powerful vocals. Russia. According to the band, "TEMNOZOR' is an archaic Russian word nowadays used only in some rural dialects, which means deep dark twilights before the dawn and could be understood as manifestation to the Spirit of sunrise."

Doesnt really describe the band to well but basicly its Pagan / folk metal with powerfull vocals, some black metal influences and great melodies.

To get a discussion going I would like to ask if anyone is going to the Frey Faxi Festival this year, with bands such as Absurd and Temnozor it looks awesome:
http://www.gebeleizis.org/freyfaxifestival/afisfff2.jpg

Well anyway discuss!

Link to their official myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/temnozor
14.01.2010 - 00:37
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
At first - i would never wish death to anybody...not even to my sworn enemy, unless he will fight directly me in mortal combat...

second - i tolerate anyone who is not using force against someone...words are just words...not even their meaning is clear - if you go to rainforest in Africa, you should shout any rasistic shit you want - those natives wont be understanding you and wont be feeling offended...unless you not taking action, you are free to speak...and only violent use of force connected to Temnozor i know, is last year, when czech Antifa members arrived at their concert and destroyed their tour van...

third - "curing by banning" never worked in mankind's history...already in fairytales you should be sure, that if hero "must never ever enter 13th chamber", he will surely enter it...this is the same, banning "wrong and evil ideas" by law only leads to fact, that more and more people are turning to them...i see it in my country - the more government are trying to "cure" extremism, the worse the situation is...few more years like this and our society is about to collapse...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.01.2010 - 01:11
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Ellrohir on 14.01.2010 at 00:37

At first - i would never wish death to anybody...not even to my sworn enemy, unless he will fight directly me in mortal combat...

second - i tolerate anyone who is not using force against someone...words are just words...not even their meaning is clear - if you go to rainforest in Africa, you should shout any rasistic shit you want - those natives wont be understanding you and wont be feeling offended...unless you not taking action, you are free to speak...and only violent use of force connected to Temnozor i know, is last year, when czech Antifa members arrived at their concert and destroyed their tour van...

third - "curing by banning" never worked in mankind's history...already in fairytales you should be sure, that if hero "must never ever enter 13th chamber", he will surely enter it...this is the same, banning "wrong and evil ideas" by law only leads to fact, that more and more people are turning to them...i see it in my country - the more government are trying to "cure" extremism, the worse the situation is...few more years like this and our society is about to collapse...

first - lol. lay off the larping.

second - "words are words" - however some words are more than just words. some words are a call to action. try yelling "FIRE!" in a crowded theater some time. Amongst other things, NS ideology through "just words" (The Turner Diaries) is linked to death of over 200 people in the bombing of the Federal Building in Oklahoma. Not to mention various other actions over the years. those forces that printed the Turner Diaries also push musical with the similar ideology. Now, maybe Temnozor are like a lot of the "Christian Killing" black metalers - just a bunch of fucking pussies who talk the talk, but don't have the balls to actually walk the walk, but that doesn't mean some moron listening to their album won't go out and actually act on the ideologies they just sing about.

third - banning might not work, but i am pretty sure accepting and tolerating an ideology responsible for millions upon millions of deaths won't lead to good things either.

my thoughts on "tolerance" - treat the tolerant with tolerance, treat the intolerant with intolerance.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.01.2010 - 01:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by BitterCOld on 14.01.2010 at 01:11

just a bunch of fucking pussies who talk the talk, but don't have the balls to actually walk the walk, but that doesn't mean some moron listening to their album won't go out and actually act on the ideologies they just sing about.

then any band singing about any violence should be accused for helping doing crimes...because WHAT IF JUST SOMEONE...?

but it is like GTA series responsible for children violence - total bullshit...i played all GTAs many many many hours and never felt like taking knife and go out stabbing people or hijacking...

about tolerance or intolerance - i know it will sound like from those hollywood cliche movies, but what is the difference between "us" and "them", if we are willing to use power to stop them speaking?

and we are PRESSUMING THEY WILL DO SOMETHING BAD - how this goes together with democracy and presumption of innocence? ... punishing people for what they SHOULD DO one day? that was here so many times in the past...but it never served for good...
----

14.01.2010 - 01:40
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Ummm.... I thought this was about the music of Temnozor, the only thing that really counts. Unless you're Slovakian of course.
14.01.2010 - 07:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by spirit_inblack on 14.01.2010 at 01:40

I thought this was about the music of Temnozor, the only thing that really counts.

Such a shame that that's even worse than their ideology.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2010 - 07:22
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Well, now that you say so, yeah, I agree. Their songs that focus on acoustic pieces really annoy me. But Folkstorm of the Azure Nights (the song) is pretty cool.
14.01.2010 - 11:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
No matter how is their music according to someone...they were banned because of what they are (or more likely were - in last interviews they claimed they are ridding off many of their past opinions) SAYING and THINKING...

we (Czechs) have this here already...i understand people from USA can hardly imagine how it was...well, i also didnt experienced this era personally, but i also didnt experienced WWII and still can talk about it...
----

14.01.2010 - 11:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 14.01.2010 at 11:23

...or more likely were - in last interviews they claimed they are ridding off many of their past opinions...

That's what they say... but if that's the case then why are they still a member of the Pagan Front?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2010 - 11:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well, you would have to ask them about that...i was just repeating what i have heard...

but membership in some organization, which afaik isnt internationally banned and members pursued as criminals, doesnt change my point of view about banning concerts...
----

14.01.2010 - 11:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 14.01.2010 at 11:43

Well, you would have to ask them about that...i was just repeating what i have heard...

but membership in some organization, which afaik isnt internationally banned and members pursued as criminals, doesnt change my point of view about banning concerts...

I don't agree with banning concerts either. I am just saying that the band still has a lot of dodgy ideas.
Let those bands play if they want to. If you can't stand the message those bands bring across just don't attend the gig.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.01.2010 - 11:59
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I heard brief reports from their recent concert in Czech (in Brno, the day before banned Slovakian one)...there were number of people who attended to enjoy the music and they all were literally pissed off with band of dickheads who came in to "show support" by doing "sigh heil"...also the band itself didnt finished one song to protest those people...
----

23.01.2010 - 00:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Another their gig forced to be canceled, this time in Netherlands...at least according to the MA forums...
----

23.01.2010 - 00:18
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 23.01.2010 at 00:11

Another their gig forced to be canceled, this time in Netherlands...at least according to the MA forums...

Yep. My dad pointed it out to me and asked me if I new the band.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
23.01.2010 - 00:39
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
And you was like "have heard about them, dad, those are the evil neonazies from Russia who came to spread their black poison hate across our beautiful land"
----

23.01.2010 - 12:51
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

That happened a couple of weeks ago. And what do they do? They go play at a Blood & Honour gathering in Belgium on the date of the cancelled show. And still they insist they aren't neo-nazis. Sorry, but if you play at a political gathering it is clear yyou support that shit or else you won't play there.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.01.2010 - 13:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Ok, i didnt knew that
----

29.01.2010 - 17:38
VPeter
AFA already threated with murder and carnage, so it was quite logical to cancel.
29.01.2010 - 22:40
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ellrohir on 10.01.2010 at 19:19

Temnozor banned in Slovakia by their police minister...

another epic win of democracy in its holy crusade for better world

Wow, I haven't heard about this until now... Did they do anything prior to banning, or just because of the NS stuff??

Anyway, I must disagree with some of the posts above. I think Temnozor has some really great songs, especially musically speaking. Concerning the lyrics, they have some beautiful nature-oriented themes and songs, and it is very well done. About this "other side" of the story - well, I simply ignore it. I never wanted to waste my time with crap, and if the lyrics suck, I could still listen to the music, if the music sucks too, well farewell my dear. Its the same shit as in black metal bands, I can listen to Dissection for instance, because the music is amazing, but I never gave a crap about Jon's satanic shit nor I paid any attention to such lyrics, not to mention the rest of the cliche that goes with more "pop" black bands.

Concerning the music, as I said already, I think Temnozor is pretty good (for those into folk), apart from maybe those first few albums with sound "quality" that will make your ears bleed. Anyway, although the music is very simple, it is beautiful, and the atmosphere is really good. The vocalist isnt bad either, I like his clean voice the best. And their "underground" sound is way better for such bands than Arkona's new Nuclear Blast crap... You cant compare the impressions when you hear the flute player taking breath between the two tones, and that hi tech recording with 99 instruments and keyboards and all the crap in the one song... The primary meaning and value of the song gets washed away...

Anyhow, those "sieg-heil" guys are the ONLY reason why I would not go to Temnozor's concert, I really cant stand such crap, and Ive already seen that happen even on concerts of bands that dont share such ideology. It really sucks.

But on the other hand, I dont see the reason for making such a big deal out of this, less than a few decades we had Black Metal bands who murdered people, burned churches and so on, and they still play today, they are more popular than ever and everyone is like "well, whatever...", and I dont see Black Metal banned anywhere. Today its just a cliche, a cliche which sells records. I think thats the same with NS bands and all that crap, try to look mean and bad ass, and whoa, you have find yourself an audience. Let them play and sing whatever they want, but if they start burning stuff and killing people around, then lock them up and thats it.
----
30.01.2010 - 11:51
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Stalker on 29.01.2010 at 22:40

Did they do anything prior to banning, or just because of the NS stuff??

i cant be 100% sure, but i would say there was nothing...they made a gig a day before in Brno, Czech, where they even stopped playing when bunch of morons started making inappropriate things
----

30.01.2010 - 15:14
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Ellrohir on 30.01.2010 at 11:51

Written by Stalker on 29.01.2010 at 22:40

Did they do anything prior to banning, or just because of the NS stuff??

i cant be 100% sure, but i would say there was nothing...they made a gig a day before in Brno, Czech, where they even stopped playing when bunch of morons started making inappropriate things

Well that is reasonable Id say... Good to see if they support NOT making problems...
----
01.02.2010 - 12:21
Elfeder
Great band from my Fatherland =)
The new album is great but there is no better album of temnozor then Horizons
02.02.2010 - 01:44
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Elfeder on 01.02.2010 at 12:21

True. Chto Shepchut Kurgany, Werewolf, Gorizont Vesny, great songs. Especially the first one, I think it is my favorite of all Temnozor's songs. Havent heard the new album though
----
02.02.2010 - 22:07
Elfeder
Written by Stalker on 02.02.2010 at 01:44

True. Chto Shepchut Kurgany, Werewolf, Gorizont Vesny, great songs. Especially the first one, I think it is my favorite of all Temnozor's songs. Havent hear the new album though

:O how it came to this!! I got it on my computer
03.02.2010 - 14:41
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Elfeder on 02.02.2010 at 22:07

Written by Stalker on 02.02.2010 at 01:44

True. Chto Shepchut Kurgany, Werewolf, Gorizont Vesny, great songs. Especially the first one, I think it is my favorite of all Temnozor's songs. Havent hear the new album though

:O how it came to this!! I got it on my computer

Wait, your talking about the album that was released last month?? Wow, I didnt even know about that one. Than I dont know 2 last albums lol
----
03.02.2010 - 17:10
Elfeder
Haha XD do you listen to Nokturnal mortum as well fuck tjeir NS stupid themes but their music is just amazing, you should listen to the last album "the Voice of steel" besides there is no 1 lyric that talks about NS I think they are tired of hating
03.02.2010 - 19:55
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
According to me, their best song and most powerful song is "Vranakrik"...and whole "Folkstorm of the Azure Nights" album is great
----

04.02.2010 - 05:52
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
Written by NOИ on 22.02.2008 at 18:31

Like Nokturnal Mortum, good music but I dont agree with their opinions and stuff. nazism and paganism are not the correct ideology for black metal.

First of all I don't think there is such thing as a RIGHT ideology for any genre or band. Secondly... what the hell is wrong with paganism as an ideology or theme? I think it would be better to say that Nazism and Paganism are NOT the same thing and that those who associate the two are highly misled. At any rate this band is pretty good. Not as good as Arkona or Drudkh but still good.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
08.02.2010 - 10:02
Elfeder
Written by ItalktotheWind on 04.02.2010 at 05:52

Written by NOИ on 22.02.2008 at 18:31

Like Nokturnal Mortum, good music but I dont agree with their opinions and stuff. nazism and paganism are not the correct ideology for black metal.

First of all I don't think there is such thing as a RIGHT ideology for any genre or band. Secondly... what the hell is wrong with paganism as an ideology or theme? I think it would be better to say that Nazism and Paganism are NOT the same thing and that those who associate the two are highly misled. At any rate this band is pretty good. Not as good as Arkona or Drudkh but still good.

Wanna hear funny story....I am Asatru and I live in Israel and because of that people here are misled and call me Nazi...now tell me the conection.
Arkona, and Drudkh are so great if you could understand their lyrics it could be better =) unfourtunatly I know Russian and Ukrainian XD.
Nokturnal Mortum, Kroda, Dub buk, Temnozor are NS (although Kroda Doesn't sing about it) they got great music and some of their songs are about nature or just historybattles.
08.02.2010 - 12:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by Elfeder on 08.02.2010 at 10:02

I am Asatru and I live in Israel and because of that people here are misled and call me Nazi...

now you uncovered the problem of many of those so-called NSBM bands...
----

08.02.2010 - 15:13
Lord Neithan

Well, I can say a bit more about the Netherlands-thing since it was my best friend who organized it all. First of all, Temnozor quit being a political band, so my friend Marcel booked them, also because he knew Ilya from concerts in Russia (Taake).
The AFA or Antifa did put on a witch hunt, that's true. When I posted the new date (in Niederkrüchten) it was immediately picked up by the AFA internet warriors and cancelled once more. The reason it was all cancelled in the Netherlands was not because Temnozor nowadays is active in forbidden political movements: the police had them checked and found no illegal moves in the current days. It should not be said (gheghe) but the only reason it was cancelled in Roermond was because the authorities were afraid of political riots between left wing and right wing extremists.

So in the end Temnozor got stuck with 900 euros to cover for flying tickets and stuff. And so, even if it was stupid, they ended up on some Blood & Honour nazi fest in Belgium,after the regular gigs. The band did not make any political gestures, and in the end the nazi organisation fucked them up by paying only 100 out of 850 euros, also because fewer extra people showed up (including me, as I don't want to be linked to either extremist side). The band deeply regrets it, also because they now realize that it is even gonna be more difficult to get rid off the political label...

So now you got the short story clear ;-)
----
staring at tits is like staring at the sun: if it is more than just a glimpse look it will get you into trouble!