Metal Storm logo
Guitar Pro

Original post

Posted by Lord TJ, 19.11.2007 - 21:30
Guitar Pro

Seeing how many of us have Guitar Pro, I figured it would be nice to have a thread for it.

Questions?
Find something cool?
Tips and tricks?
Post it here!

I recently got Guitar Pro 5, I haven't used it much yet seeing how I need to change my guitar strings.
14.12.2007 - 11:50
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Guitar Pro is the best! It really helps having the tempos so that you can improve at that. And the effects on the guitar. I started to play much better after I discovered guitar pro and it was my cousin that told me about it. And of course you can use to write songs but I dont use it for that purpuse so much, Id rather record it and then listen to it than put it on the tab. Its a matter of taste.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
31.05.2008 - 20:41
Lord TJ
Is it me or does any new guitar pro files not work that I download? Every time I get a new one it says I need to upgrade to the newest version and wont let me view it. I tried reinstalling it too but it gives me the same thing.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
01.06.2008 - 10:55
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 31.05.2008 at 20:41

Is it me or does any new guitar pro files not work that I download? Every time I get a new one it says I need to upgrade to the newest version and wont let me view it. I tried reinstalling it too but it gives me the same thing.

if you download .gp5 files with gp4 on your system then that is the problem

EDIT i see you have GP5, so the problem would be with files that are created in GP5.2 or so and you having GP5.0 or 5.1, you could try and download the update, other than that i don't know(if you have the genuine product )
01.06.2008 - 14:27
Lord TJ
Written by Valentin B on 01.06.2008 at 10:55

EDIT i see you have GP5, so the problem would be with files that are created in GP5.2 or so and you having GP5.0 or 5.1, you could try and download the update, other than that i don't know(if you have the genuine product )

Like the majority, I downloaded mine illegally.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

01.06.2008 - 14:33
Smurfophagist
We all know that GP5 is a gift from the gods. Use it wisely, my friends.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
01.06.2008 - 16:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 01.06.2008 at 14:27

Written by Valentin B on 01.06.2008 at 10:55

Like the majority, I downloaded mine illegally.

ah, the world suddenly doesn't feel like such a lonely place after all

what version do you have? you got the one which has only like 6 effects for overdriven guitar or the one with like 100 effects? if you can, download the one with many effects because the RSE effects in the first one suck big time, while the 'british stack-metal pedal' effect used with les paul distortion guitar works really badass, and the zakk wylde rhythm tone is pretty brutal also.

as for the files not working, all i can say is that you should definetely get the 5.1(or 5.2, i don't remember which one i had), as even though the files might not work still, you've got a whole lot better RSE effects, though the drums still kinda suck(can't use double bass without fucking up the sound and getting the lows too loud)
01.06.2008 - 17:34
Lord TJ
lol, the only thing I know about mine is that I downloaded it off limewire as "Guitaro Pro 5 + Serial".
----

20.09.2008 - 02:20
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hi there i was wondering if someone could help me...i downloaded gp but it's been 15 days and i can't use it, anymore do i have to buy it?? because if i do i dont have any money hehe and wont have for a long long time...does anybody know if i can download the whole prog for free??
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
09.10.2008 - 17:43
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by nana.MD on 20.09.2008 at 02:20

hi there i was wondering if someone could help me...i downloaded gp but it's been 15 days and i can't use it, anymore do i have to buy it?? because if i do i dont have any money hehe and wont have for a long long time...does anybody know if i can download the whole prog for free??

just buy it
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)

09.10.2008 - 19:23
Branzig
I have PowerTab because it is free. I've been playing for about 8 years, so I don't have a hard time picking up rhythms or time signature...but, is Guitar Pro that much better? Just asking because if it has a lot of cool features and it's worth it, I'm more than willing to upgrade. Especially if the song selection is better, sometimes I have a hard time finding PowerTab docs for certain bands.
----
In Grind We Crust
09.10.2008 - 19:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Branzig on 09.10.2008 at 19:23

I have PowerTab because it is free. I've been playing for about 8 years, so I don't have a hard time picking up rhythms or time signature...but, is Guitar Pro that much better? Just asking because if it has a lot of cool features and it's worth it, I'm more than willing to upgrade. Especially if the song selection is better, sometimes I have a hard time finding PowerTab docs for certain bands.

guitar pro tabs are almost as many as text guitar tabs
09.10.2008 - 19:42
Branzig
Quote:
Quote:

About how much does it cost on average? I may consider it.
----
In Grind We Crust
10.10.2008 - 08:11
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Varegan on 09.10.2008 at 17:43

Written by nana.MD on 20.09.2008 at 02:20

just buy it

...lol that's what i didnt wanted hehe but a friend got me one for free
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
10.10.2008 - 14:09
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Quote:
Quote:
Written by Branzig on 09.10.2008 at 19:42

About how much does it cost on average? I may consider it.

it's pretty fucking expensive(100$ or something), so i suggest downloading it
10.10.2008 - 18:25
Branzig
Quote:
It's pretty fucking expensive(100$ or something), so i suggest downloading it

a 100 bucks?! That is a rip off haha. Good thing for the internet lol
----
In Grind We Crust
09.04.2009 - 13:00
Sunioj
Has anyone ever had this problem with GP before? I thought I had the toggle where standard notation is hidden, but that switch is off:

09.04.2009 - 14:00
Smurfophagist
Written by Sunioj on 09.04.2009 at 13:00

Has anyone ever had this problem with GP before? I thought I had the toggle where standard notation is hidden, but that switch is off:

that looks really weird...have you tried re-installing it, or downloading it again?
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
18.04.2009 - 21:47
ANGEL REAPER
Man you got to reinstall it .Same shit hapend to me few weeks ago .......
Reinstalation is only thing that gona help you..
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
27.05.2009 - 13:52
Yooden
Isn´t that the problem with the GP-font missing in the system? Just search for it with google and put it in the font-folder and it should solve it.

Anyway, me and my bandmates use GP all the time, its an awesome songwriting/composition-tool.
----
www.aji-works.net
www.theycalluslegion.com
03.06.2009 - 08:21
Sy-Furr
GP is super useful. I use it every band practice. When ever some ones jams out a badass riff, we will throw it in to GP and save it with the date. We have a lot of song ideas saved.
08.06.2009 - 22:09
terrorist
I support it all the way.Great thing for the begginers and for more proffesionals.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
31.05.2010 - 16:34
Archetype
My use of Guitar Pro slowly faded away these past few months and most of the songs I write these days I just tend to remember rather than sit down and write them down. The fact that Guitar Pro 5 has that annoying memory issue and the tendency to crash might have something to do with it.

Has anybody tried version 6? I've heard that the program was entirely rewritten and the interface itself looks a lot different.
01.06.2010 - 17:09
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am only lacking better samples in my GP 5.2 (with RSE)
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

18.06.2010 - 00:50
Ahmad
Written by Archetype on 31.05.2010 at 16:34

My use of Guitar Pro slowly faded away these past few months and most of the songs I write these days I just tend to remember rather than sit down and write them down. The fact that Guitar Pro 5 has that annoying memory issue and the tendency to crash might have something to do with it.

Has anybody tried version 6? I've heard that the program was entirely rewritten and the interface itself looks a lot different.

use GP4,it doesn't have that memory issue.
about GP6 ,I've tried the demo version, the RSE is much better than the previous version but what i hate in GP6 that you can't write drums with keyboard anymore(like 36=kick, 38=snare...),you have to use the mouse now.
23.06.2010 - 14:40
nialldoran
Well i have never used GP, but thats because i havent downloaded it illegally, i personally use a very handy program known as TUXGuitar, which will open any GP file up to 5 at the moment i think along with power tabs, its completely free to download, its been an endless help for me with people sending me songs to learn etc, and me not havin guitar pro, i dont care about how it sounds, it is compatible with so much, so anyone who doesnt want to buy or download GP check it out,

http://tuxguitar.herac.com.ar/
11.07.2010 - 17:41
JD
Account deleted
Guitar Pro 5 is the best!! helps me alot with my Bass
12.07.2010 - 03:47
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Of course I have Guitar Pro 5! lol Its very useful, I use it a lot. xD
23.08.2010 - 06:33
whatsacow
Just got guitar pro 6. FUCKING AMAZING!!!! so much better than any guitar pro ever. It is infinitely easier to use. Awesome stuff. A must for guitarists, and even drummers. The quality of the instruments is much much better, the guitars actually sounds like guitar etc.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
24.08.2010 - 04:52
warrior_of_ice
Use GuitarPro daily. love it and i have to check out GP 6
24.08.2010 - 06:29
warrior_of_ice
Btw, does anyone have the Guitar Pro 6 Crack and User ID?