Metal Storm logo
Welcome Newcomers!

Original post

Posted by White Winter Sun, 07.05.2008 - 23:48
Written by Ilham on 07.05.2008 at 12:57

I'm not new here, but I wanted to say I am back, for those who recognized me. After a little while, and some change, it feels good to come back.

Welcome back Ilham
24.02.2011 - 19:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by AssHole74 on 24.02.2011 at 15:23

Hy, I'm new here. I'm from Hungary and I am 15 year old.
My favourites: Road (Hun) Hammerfall, Dream Theater, Alice Cooper, Salvus (Hun), Lost Horizon, etc.

You can find me here: http://www.last.fm/user/AssHole74

Wellcome and I like your name
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.03.2011 - 07:47
Enigmatick
Hey guys and gals. Found out about this forum through a thread on metal-archives, and was surprised at the amount of decent discussion on here. Figured I'd sign up for an account, since I do quite enjoy posting on metal forums. I'm known as RapeTheDead at M-A and Enigmatick at spirit-of-metal forums, just in case by staggering coincidence people have browsed those forums and know me prior to the time of this post.

Anyways, I'm a raging elitist to the very end. The two genres that I listen to the most often are traditional 80's metal (be it heavy, prog, doom or NWOBHM) and black metal of all sorts, though I'm actually a huge fan of this whole post-black metal movement, some great shit's coming out of it. Top two favorite bands are Agalloch and Katatonia respectively, but some other favorites of mine in no particular order are: Blind Guardian, Alcest, Beherit, Gris, Forgotten Woods, Insomnium, Burzum, Sepultura (their old stuff, obviously), Lifelover, Drudkh, Cirith Ungol, The Lord Weird Slough Feg, Gallhammer, and, of course, Judas Fucking Priest. Just to namedrop a bit.

I DON'T like most modern forms of metal, such as brutal death/slam, death/metalcore, Gothenburg/American melodeath, and sludge. There may be a few select bands from each of those genres I don't mind, but as a general rule I try to stay away from those genres.

I'm generally easy to get along with if you're not a fuckwit, though I will admit in musical discussions I tend to get douchey more often than not if somebody praises shitty bands. I'll try and restrain myself. Most of the time.

I look forward to shootin' the shit with the lot of ya. Y'all seem like a moderately friendly bunch. Whether the feelings will be mutual is a different story.
----
Only the dead have seen the end of the war.
02.03.2011 - 08:25
Vikcen
Metálico
Written by Enigmatick on 02.03.2011 at 07:47

Hey guys and gals. Found out about this forum through a thread on metal-archives, and was surprised at the amount of decent discussion on here. Figured I'd sign up for an account, since I do quite enjoy posting on metal forums. I'm known as RapeTheDead at M-A and Enigmatick at spirit-of-metal forums, just in case by staggering coincidence people have browsed those forums and know me prior to the time of this post.

Anyways, I'm a raging elitist to the very end. The two genres that I listen to the most often are traditional 80's metal (be it heavy, prog, doom or NWOBHM) and black metal of all sorts, though I'm actually a huge fan of this whole post-black metal movement, some great shit's coming out of it. Top two favorite bands are Agalloch and Katatonia respectively, but some other favorites of mine in no particular order are: Blind Guardian, Alcest, Beherit, Gris, Forgotten Woods, Insomnium, Burzum, Sepultura (their old stuff, obviously), Lifelover, Drudkh, Cirith Ungol, The Lord Weird Slough Feg, Gallhammer, and, of course, Judas Fucking Priest. Just to namedrop a bit.

I DON'T like most modern forms of metal, such as brutal death/slam, death/metalcore, Gothenburg/American melodeath, and sludge. There may be a few select bands from each of those genres I don't mind, but as a general rule I try to stay away from those genres.

I'm generally easy to get along with if you're not a fuckwit, though I will admit in musical discussions I tend to get douchey more often than not if somebody praises shitty bands. I'll try and restrain myself. Most of the time.

I look forward to shootin' the shit with the lot of ya. Y'all seem like a moderately friendly bunch. Whether the feelings will be mutual is a different story.

Welcome mate =) .
06.03.2011 - 13:33
whatsacow
Written by Enigmatick on 02.03.2011 at 07:47

Well its good that you mention that, because among my favourite bands are such amazing talents (ahem) as slipknot, disturbed, Job For A Cowboy, Bullet for my valentine and cradle of filth. They just don't make metal like that these days.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.03.2011 - 16:10
HAAAI.

Nice to be here. I need friends.
----
and all the children are insane
09.03.2011 - 20:17
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Wellcome dude
----

14.03.2011 - 10:16
Kennoth
Written by whatsacow on 06.03.2011 at 13:33

Well its good that you mention that, because among my favourite bands are such amazing talents (ahem) as slipknot, disturbed, Job For A Cowboy, Bullet for my valentine and cradle of filth. They just don't make metal like that these days.

You forgot RATM.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
14.03.2011 - 22:10
whatsacow
Written by Kennoth on 14.03.2011 at 10:16

You forgot RATM.

But I actuall like RATM lol
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
15.03.2011 - 16:40
Kennoth
Written by whatsacow on 14.03.2011 at 22:10

You forgot RATM.

I know, that's why I said it...
----
15.03.2011 - 22:11
whatsacow
Written by Kennoth on 15.03.2011 at 16:40

Written by whatsacow on 14.03.2011 at 22:10

You forgot RATM.

I know, that's why I said it...

Oh, and hush hush, but I have Slipknot and Disturbed on my Ipod. They're great work music.
----
17.03.2011 - 02:05
Kennoth
Don't worry, your secret's safe with me.
----
19.03.2011 - 18:48
Yasmine
Hello Everyone, I'm a current Newb. Hmmm, I'll say, I'm pretty easy to talk to, so questions are welcomed. I'm 25 and originally from Detroit (Making me a huge Red Wings fan). 1 things I hope I get here is maybe a few new bands I've yet to hear.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
19.03.2011 - 18:51
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Yasmine on 19.03.2011 at 18:48

Hello Everyone, I'm a current Newb. Hmmm, I'll say, I'm pretty easy to talk to, so questions are welcomed. I'm 25 and originally from Detroit (Making me a huge Red Wings fan). 1 things I hope I get here is maybe a few new bands I've yet to hear.

Wellcome
Niklas Lidström, Henrik Zetterberg , Johnatan Eriksson, Johan Franzen, Niklas Kronwall, THOMAS HOLMSTRÖM 6 swedes
----

19.03.2011 - 23:36
Yasmine
Yes, I love our Swedes, Hank Zetterberg the most, but maybe just because I want to do VERY VERY awful things to him. lol
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
20.03.2011 - 00:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Yasmine on 19.03.2011 at 23:36

Yes, I love our Swedes, Hank Zetterberg the most, but maybe just because I want to do VERY VERY awful things to him. lol

shave his beard?
I like days when Dino Cicarelli played, but Modano, Bertuzzi is good to also Pavel
----

20.03.2011 - 00:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Yasmine on 19.03.2011 at 23:36

shave his beard?
I like days when Dino Cicarelli played, but Modano, Bertuzzi is good to also Pavel
----

20.03.2011 - 00:46
Yasmine
Bert's having a good year! Cleary too!

And no I like Hank's beard, and the rest of him too!
----
26.03.2011 - 23:44
Kokayne
Hey, I've been using Metal Storm for probably over a year to learn of new album releases and such but never really thought of signing up till last night. So now I'm officially here. My name is Tony and I'm from Texas. I love all Metal of every kind. My favorites are mostly Death/Thrash/Doom, but I listen to everything.
27.03.2011 - 00:11
Yasmine
Heya Tony, obviously I'm Yasmine. I also enjoy most forms of metal, I split evenly between power and death.
----
29.03.2011 - 09:35
Andre
Greetings folks,

Been a stormer since the days of Follow the Storm. I tried to be consistent with the community, but never actually managed to (this might possibly be a re-entry, but since I devoting a much more deeper enthusiasm to the site).
This time around, I hope I can be a small part of the awesome place that is MS.

Anyways, friends call me Andre. I'm from Mongolia
I like old heavy metal and also into black, thrash. First ever heard band was MetallicA. Brothers were lot into them.
After that Maiden, GNR, Ac Dc came along...

Hope to contribute as much I learn and interact with you guys.

\m/
29.03.2011 - 09:38
Yasmine
Written by Andre on 29.03.2011 at 09:35

Greetings folks,

Been a stormer since the days of Follow the Storm. I tried to be consistent with the community, but never actually managed to (this might possibly be a re-entry, but since I devoting a much more deeper enthusiasm to the site).
This time around, I hope I can be a small part of the awesome place that is MS.

Anyways, friends call me Andre. I'm from Mongolia
I like old heavy metal and also into black, thrash. First ever heard band was MetallicA. Brothers were lot into them.
After that Maiden, GNR, Ac Dc came along...

Hope to contribute as much I learn and interact with you guys.

\m/

Welcome back then!
----
29.03.2011 - 09:41
Andre
Thanks Yasmine.
Like I said, this time around - much more serious and committed!
11.04.2011 - 12:47
Kennoth
Written by Yasmine on 19.03.2011 at 18:48

Yeah, welcome. Seen you plenty around.
----
11.04.2011 - 21:37
XV535Virago
Hey guys & girls, i'm Anca from Romania. 30 years old, married, step-mother of one girl. Working as a consultant for a real estate agency. My hobbies are : rock/metal music, motorcycles ( owner of a Yamaha XV 535 Virago) , cats ( got 12..), reading, drawing & nature. My favorite bands ever are : Fields of The Nephilim, Arcturus, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir & Motorhead. As a person i'm shy and not very friendly - obviously not a party animal. Not interested by religion or politics. The thing i hate the most is nationality-based discrimination , talking about people asking me if im gipsy. Nope, im not ). Nice to meet you all , hopefully i won't get banned too soon .
----
True norwegian Dimmu Burger : zero tolerance to pickles must be issued!
12.04.2011 - 18:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by XV535Virago on 11.04.2011 at 21:37

Hey guys & girls, i'm Anca from Romania. 30 years old, married, step-mother of one girl. Working as a consultant for a real estate agency. My hobbies are : rock/metal music, motorcycles ( owner of a Yamaha XV 535 Virago) , cats ( got 12..), reading, drawing & nature. My favorite bands ever are : Fields of The Nephilim, Arcturus, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir & Motorhead. As a person i'm shy and not very friendly - obviously not a party animal. Not interested by religion or politics. The thing i hate the most is nationality-based discrimination , talking about people asking me if im gipsy. Nope, im not ). Nice to meet you all , hopefully i won't get banned too soon .

Wellcome heheh bike shug 1%
I also like cats , wellcome
----

12.04.2011 - 19:08
Oshunai
Hey all. I wouldn't call myself new, having followed this site for almost a year. Instead I have decided to start using the forum element more often.

Currently a student taking a degree of history (specifically medieval aspects of said subject).

Favourite bands? Equilibrium, Amorphis, Katatonia, Kamelot, Elvenking, 3 Inches of Blood and Moonsorrow. To name but a few.

Interests include, metal (Obviously), cello, video games among others.
12.04.2011 - 19:14
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Oshunai on 12.04.2011 at 19:08

Currently a student taking a degree of history (specifically medieval aspects of said subject).

same here , wellcome bro
----

20.04.2011 - 06:54
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted

Hey all. I wouldn't call myself new, having followed this site for almost a year. Instead I have decided to start using the forum element more often.

Favourite bands? Equilibrium, Amorphis, Katatonia, Kamelot, Elvenking, 3 Inches of Blood and Moonsorrow. To name but a few.

What part of the UK do you hail from?
20.04.2011 - 14:09
Oshunai
Written by [user id=113163] on 20.04.2011 at 06:54

What part of the UK do you hail from?

Born and raised in North-London, but studying in York.
29.04.2011 - 22:23
Timm O)))
Hi all!
I just registered here via Facebook. I'm just looking for a nice new forum to hang around since a previous forum i visited died a horrible slow, painful death...
Anyway, my name is Tim, i'm a 19-year old dude from the Netherlands who loves mostly doom and black metal and who is really pissed off that he missed the Roadburn Festival for the third year in a row.
Cheers!