Metal Storm logo
Welcome Newcomers!

Original post

Posted by White Winter Sun, 07.05.2008 - 23:48
Written by Ilham on 07.05.2008 at 12:57

I'm not new here, but I wanted to say I am back, for those who recognized me. After a little while, and some change, it feels good to come back.

Welcome back Ilham
12.09.2011 - 18:55
Skorcher
Greetings, my name is Nick. Im into old school metal, particularly speed and thrash. Some mentionable names that I like would be stuff like Riot, Attacker, Helloween, Blind Guardian, Vicious Rumors, etc. Im not one of those metalheads who refuses to get into newer bands, I just happen to enjoy more classic stuff. More modern bands that I enjoy are stuff like Vektor, Abysmal Dawn, Holy Grail, White Wizzard, etc. Looking forward to good discussion!
21.09.2011 - 05:45
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by The_Warcult on 08.09.2011 at 14:10

Hello, my pseudonym as you can tell is Ares. You may call me Sam if you wish. I've been lurking on MetalStorm for a while now (about a couple years now) and created a profile a few months ago. I am literally the only guy at my high school who listens to heavy metal. So with nobody to talk metal stuff with, I guess this site should be sufficient enough.

My interests include military history/science, philosophy, working out, and music. I have enlisted into the United States Marine Corps and plan to ship out 20120625.

My favorite bands include Behemoth, Bolt Thrower, Death, God Dethroned & Holy Terror.

Fav albums-

Behemoth- Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic)
Bolt Thrower- The IVth Crusade
Death- The Sound Of Perseverance
God Dethroned- Into The Lungs Of Hell
Holy Terror- Terror And Submission

good call with Bolt Thrower and Holy Terror.

welcome aboard, future Devil Dog. my advice to you is to NOT watch Full Metal Jacket prior to Boot Camp. Every time your DI/CC (ex-Navy here) spouts a line that Gunnery Sergeant Hartman uses in the movie, you'll have to suppress the urge to laugh ... they don't seem to like it when you laugh.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
21.09.2011 - 09:26
JCJen7
Written by BitterCOld on 21.09.2011 at 05:45

My interests include military history/science, philosophy, working out, and music. I have enlisted into the United States Marine Corps and plan to ship out 20120625.

welcome aboard, future Devil Dog. my advice to you is to NOT watch Full Metal Jacket prior to Boot Camp. Every time your DI/CC (ex-Navy here) spouts a line that Gunnery Sergeant Hartman uses in the movie, you'll have to suppress the urge to laugh ... they don't seem to like it when you laugh.

LOL, but now he will not only have the movie, but your post warning him not to laugh to laugh about.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
28.09.2011 - 23:04
The_Warcult
Written by BitterCOld on 21.09.2011 at 05:45

Hello, my pseudonym as you can tell is Ares. You may call me Sam if you wish. I've been lurking on MetalStorm for a while now (about a couple years now) and created a profile a few months ago. I am literally the only guy at my high school who listens to heavy metal. So with nobody to talk metal stuff with, I guess this site should be sufficient enough.

My favorite bands include Behemoth, Bolt Thrower, Death, God Dethroned & Holy Terror.

Fav albums-

Behemoth- Sventevith (Storming Near The Baltic)
Bolt Thrower- The IVth Crusade
Death- The Sound Of Perseverance
God Dethroned- Into The Lungs Of Hell
Holy Terror- Terror And Submission

I have Full Metal Jacket so I'll be laughing my ass off and the DI will probably pt me till I die. Or if they somehow find out my dad was a former DI. According to my recruiter, they don't like that either.
07.10.2011 - 01:00
Hey guys I joined 2 days ago but I never got around to introducing myself, so here goes!
My real name is Perry and i live in a small island near England and France called Jersey. Tiny island but about 100,000 people live here and there's a metal scene that we also share with Guernsey, which has it's on metal festival called Chaos fest.

I'm a bass player in a death metal band called Desolation, got an EP to be recorded soon but we only have one song recorded at the moment and the production is pretty crap. Anyway! Thrash rules!

A few of my favorite bands are:
Motörhead, Testament, Venom, Exhorder, Sabbat, Slayer, Exodus, Cannibal Corpse, Just to name a few, many different kinds of bands and styles i'm in to. Here's my last.fm if anyone is interested! http://www.last.fm/user/Perryos11

so yeah, hope to contribute and get involved here, seems like a great place.
----
THRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
07.10.2011 - 01:05
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by DesolationJersey on 07.10.2011 at 01:00
so yeah, hope to contribute and get involved here, seems like a great place.

Welcome aboard! Nice to have another old-school fan around to help stink up the joint.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.10.2011 - 14:07
Gothroman
Account deleted
Hello.

My real name is Nedim (which mean-friend-on Arabian) and I am from small city in Bosnia called Gorazde.
I am professional solidier and ,just like BitterCold, my interests including military science,politics, history of Bosnians and Germans and history of islam and christianity .I like football and my favourite club is Bayern Munich...and...at the end I like metal especially heavy metal...that is it...zbla zblaaaa... Cheers
12.10.2011 - 19:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=122857] on 12.10.2011 at 14:07
Hello.

Oh, we haven't officially been introduced but we crossed each other's path when you suggested some band edits.

Anyway, welcome to the site.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
12.10.2011 - 21:57
Gothroman
Account deleted
Yeah maybe it is stupid from me but what can I do now.

Thank you.
23.10.2011 - 12:09
cptortega
Hey there, my name is Richard, I live in the northern part Netherlands called Groningen.

I am a promoter for a local venue and I do vocals & guitar in Ortega and Suffering Quota

My favorite bands:
Neurosis, Thou, Unearthly Trance, Cult of Luna, Swans, Sunn O))), Electric Wizard and alot of Mike Patton stuff!
----
Only Vunter Slaush is Real
23.10.2011 - 13:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by cptortega on 23.10.2011 at 12:09

Hey there, my name is Richard, I live in the northern part Netherlands called Groningen.

I am a promoter for a local venue and I do vocals & guitar in Ortega and Suffering Quota

My favorite bands:
Neurosis, Thou, Unearthly Trance, Cult of Luna, Swans, Sunn O))), Electric Wizard and alot of Mike Patton stuff!

Wellcome man
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.10.2011 - 14:41
Good afternoon (here ]
Just to say "hell-o" to all Metalstormers.
----
http://www.facebook.com/ATROPOSofficial | http://myspace.com/atropospl
--
Χάος be with you.
26.10.2011 - 22:01
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by hvr | Atropos on 26.10.2011 at 14:41
Good afternoon (here ]

Oy!
----
27.10.2011 - 09:19
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by cptortega on 23.10.2011 at 12:09

My favorite bands:

welcome to MS. love 1634... haven't had a chance to listen to the new material yet. stressful month for me, waiting until there is nothing tugging at my attention to listen to it.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
31.10.2011 - 21:00
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Written by hvr | Atropos on 26.10.2011 at 14:41

Good afternoon (here ]

Welcome. Enjoy.
10.12.2011 - 06:17
Hails from the midwest, brothers. I'm Matt and I'm obsessed with old-school thrash and death metal.
12.12.2011 - 00:19
ArchKnight
Greetings fellow Metalheads, my name is ArchKnight and I hope to fit in well here. I am 17 and live as a marine nomad aboard a schooner in B.C.

I enjoy many different kinds of metal and favorite subgenre's are Power, doom and death. Non metal interests include[but are not limited to] Anime, Video games, Weapons\Armour and working out.

I am also a regular poster over at The Metal Archives and look forward to contributing here as well.

Cheers.
12.12.2011 - 02:09
ß
Problem?
Written by ArchKnight on 12.12.2011 at 00:19

Greetings fellow Metalheads, my name is ArchKnight and I hope to fit in well here. I am 17 and live as a marine nomad aboard a schooner in B.C.

I enjoy many different kinds of metal and favorite subgenre's are Power, doom and death. Non metal interests include[but are not limited to] Anime, Video games, Weapons\Armour and working out.

I am also a regular poster over at The Metal Archives and look forward to contributing here as well.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
13.01.2012 - 00:15
Leodrak
Hello people! I'm Leo,
Yesterday i found this page on google and I'm so glad. I can see many of my favs groups here.
I find this page very organizated and i love the Top 200 albums section.
Im trying to write some comments, posts, rating albums to enrich the page =)
I'm very enthusiastic when i write or talk about music in general or better about rock & metal music.
So if you need a hand in the page, you can always count on me. I'm spanish / english speaker, and i love Prog / Gothic / Symph / Power Metal music.

My fav bands are: Therion, Opeth, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Symphony X, Sonata Arctica. And i personally admire to Steven Wilson, a genius of contemporary music.

We will see around =D
15.01.2012 - 01:03
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Leodrak on 13.01.2012 at 00:15

Hello people! I'm Leo,
Yesterday i found this page on google and I'm so glad. I can see many of my favs groups here.
I'm very enthusiastic when i write or talk about music in general or better about rock & metal music.
So if you need a hand in the page, you can always count on me. I'm spanish / english speaker, and i love Prog / Gothic / Symph / Power Metal music.

My fav bands are: Therion, Opeth, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree, Symphony X, Sonata Arctica. And i personally admire to Steven Wilson, a genius of contemporary music.

We will see around =D

Welcome! Sounds like you understood the beauty of our site, you seem like a promising user
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
15.01.2012 - 01:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Leodrak on 13.01.2012 at 00:15

Hello people! I'm Leo,

We will see around =D

Wellcome dude
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.02.2012 - 06:50
Apatheria
Hey there, folks. I stumbled upon this forum and website, and you seem like a pretty friendly lot, so I decided to join the crew.

To give a brief synopsis of myself, I'm an aspiring voice actor from Portland, Oregon. Agalloch has been my favorite band since about '03 and I don't see that changing anytime, ever. A few other metal bands I count amongst my favorites would be Katatonia, Drudkh, Strapping Young Lad, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and The Austrasian Goat. Got a big 'ole long list in my profile if anybody's curious, though. If I had to pick one umbrella genre as a favorite, it'd have to be doom metal.

I'm a seasoned metalhead but like to mix it up plenty with gothic rock, post-punk, industrial, neo-folk, and a liiiiittle bit of new wave and synthpop.

That should do it for now. Lookin' forward to hanging out here.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
03.02.2012 - 14:18
Slayer666
Written by Apatheria on 03.02.2012 at 06:50

Hey there, folks. I stumbled upon this forum and website, and you seem like a pretty friendly lot, so I decided to join the crew.

To give a brief synopsis of myself, I'm an aspiring voice actor from Portland, Oregon. Agalloch has been my favorite band since about '03 and I don't see that changing anytime, ever. A few other metal band I count amongst my favorites would be Katatonia, Drudkh, Strapping Young Lad, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and The Austrasian Goat. Got a big 'ole long list in my profile if anybody's curious, though. Though, if I had to pick one umbrella genre as a favorite, it'd have to be doom metal.

I'm a seasoned metalhead but like to mix it up plenty with gothic rock, post-punk, industrial, neo-folk, and a liiiiittle bit of new wave and synthpop.

Judging by your tastes (metal and otherwise), I'd say we're going to be good palls.
Welcome aboard.
04.02.2012 - 11:25
vezzy
Stallmanite
Amerifag rambling

+1 for Animaniacs avatar
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
05.02.2012 - 22:24
Apatheria
Written by Slayer666 on 03.02.2012 at 14:18

To give a brief synopsis of myself, I'm an aspiring voice actor from Portland, Oregon. Agalloch has been my favorite band since about '03 and I don't see that changing anytime, ever. A few other metal band I count amongst my favorites would be Katatonia, Drudkh, Strapping Young Lad, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, and The Austrasian Goat. Got a big 'ole long list in my profile if anybody's curious, though. Though, if I had to pick one umbrella genre as a favorite, it'd have to be doom metal.

Judging by your tastes (metal and otherwise), I'd say we're going to be good palls.
Welcome aboard.

Cheers, man! :v

Written by vezzy on 04.02.2012 at 11:25

Amerifag rambling

+1 for Animaniacs avatar

Best show.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
12.02.2012 - 15:00
Centuriona
Hello! Not many girls around here, as far as I can tell... Hope you guys don't mind me! I've been listening to metal since my teenage years and having now reached the ripe old age of 28, have stumbled upon many different bands. Some of them I still like and actively follow (such as my forever-crush, Finnish black metal band Barathrum) and some I don't listen to so often anymore. On my current Top 10 list are bands such as Entombed, Amon Amarth and Amorphis, but pretty much anything goes from doom to viking metal to melodeath to death to black... Not so big of a fan of industrial or nu-metal though. Obviously the classics are also on my playlist a lot, such as Rainbow (specially the ones with Dio still in) and Black Sabbath. Variety is the spice of life!

Anyhow, best not to ramble on too long. I try to go to gigs and festivals the best I can, this summer I'll be starting with Steelfest @ Hyvinkää in Finland (Entombed there!!!) and Sonisphere @ Kalasatama in Helsinki, but might even see some of you lot @ Sweden Rock!
----
"Of One who has Confessed to Heresy, is Relapsed, and is also Impenitent" - Heinrich Kramer, 1486
12.02.2012 - 22:39
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Centuriona on 12.02.2012 at 15:00

Hello! Not many girls around here, as far as I can tell... Hope you guys don't mind me!

I'd say something I find clever and witty, but I'll just welcome you aboard instead.

I mean with Mora having pretty much suddenly taken over MS by storm [department of redundancy department] on a post binge, it's kind of hard to notice the female-to-male ratio being low, also with that weeaboo Flower Metal roaming around.

Enjoy your stay!
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
16.02.2012 - 15:08
Pandore
Hi there,

I've been a lurker on MS for 3-4 years now, but I finally decided to join. I'm 25 years, and I listen to almost everything in metal, except for nu-metal, metalcore and drone, my favorite genres being avant-garde, folk/pagan/viking, gothic (preferably with growls), doom, and symphonic stuff, whatever the core genre is (Emperor, Septic Flesh, Epica, Fleshgod Apocalypse to name a few bands but I usually don't find much interest in all those Rhapsody/Nightwish clones).

Favorite bands : Moonsorrow, After Forever, Therion, Diablo Swing Orchestra. I'd like to name a fifth one, but there are too many other great bands and none stands on top except for those four ones.

And Some my favorite albums :
Moonsorrow - Kivenkataja
Tristania - Beyond the Veil
Kalisia - Cybion
Judas Priest - Painkiller
Therion - Lemuria/Sirius B
Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk
After Forever - After Forever

I try to go to gigs and festivals whenever I can, but unfortunately I don't have so many metalhead friends (it sucks to go to a show alone), or not the time. But I'll be at the Hellfest for sure! (I finally have time to go back there again this year.)

Cheers!
25.02.2012 - 22:08
Hello! Another newstormer here. I'm Gnomyst but some people call me David. I actually like a wide range of music genres, from ambient and folk to jazz and blues. But I'd say I'm always in love with metal I began listening nu-metal almost six years ago as a teenager... yeah, those were my first steps into this "world". Now I enjoy post, prog, death and more recently, black metal. I prefer bands who aren't afraid of going experimental, though.
Some of my favourite bands are Tool, Mastodon, Opeth, Ulver, Arcturus and Isis. All of them among many others have influenced my style on the guitar and even my piano playing.

Hope to get involved in this community, cheers!
26.02.2012 - 03:08
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by gnomyst@gmail.com on 25.02.2012 at 22:08

Hello! Another newstormer here. I'm Gnomyst but some people call me David. I actually like a wide range of music genres, from ambient and folk to jazz and blues. But I'd say I'm always in love with metal I began listening nu-metal almost six years ago as a teenager... yeah, those were my first steps into this "world". Now I enjoy post, prog, death and more recently, black metal. I prefer bands who aren't afraid of going experimental, though.
Some of my favourite bands are Tool, Mastodon, Opeth, Ulver, Arcturus and Isis. All of them among many others have influenced my style on the guitar and even my piano playing.

Hope to get involved in this community, cheers!

Welcome!
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS