Metal Storm logo
Windir

Original post

Posted by Surtur, 29.05.2006 - 06:28
I know that Windir have split-up since Valfar's death and I searched this topic around and it seems that it wasn't created till now and I think that it's missing here, the one's who have heared them should be agree with me; Windir gave us masterpieces like Sóknardarl, Arntor, 1184 and Likferd; in my opinion this band is really amazing the perfect mixture between Black and Viking metal , the riffs, the drums, the synth but specially the accordion and the voices are awesome, the first album that I heared was Arntor the best album they have done and maybe one of the best I've ever heared I think; Windir fans enjoy this forum...Heidra Valfar...
03.02.2009 - 06:55
ItalktotheWind
Wood Troll
RIP, Valfar was a gem in the black metal community. Arntor is still one of my all time favorite albums. The mixture of the lead guitars and synths with his vocals will never be matched, it is completely unique.
----
"A witty saying proves nothing."
-Voltaire
03.02.2009 - 16:14
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by W-Lash on 08.01.2008 at 01:31

It sucks that there are no official Arntor shirt... Likferd shirt looks crappy, 1184 is a bit better but i don't like them as much as i like Arntor...
it realy sucks balls!

Thats a pity, Ive got the Likferd shirt and its not that bad....just HUGE bought it at backstreetmerch.com and they obviously think all metalheads are fatasses and not in pristine shape like I am
03.02.2009 - 17:20
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Shirts!? I have trouble enough getting the albums I had 1184 but it was stolen...
----
Coldgrits
03.02.2009 - 18:21
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by [user id=1909] on 03.02.2009 at 16:14

[..] they obviously think all metalheads are fatasses and not in pristine shape like I am

They always had thought like that. That's why I'm not even looking at shirts, 'cause even their "women" sizes are huge - if lucky I can use that kind of shirt as a nightie.

Funny, but I haven't said anything here about Windir. I'm not an old fan of Windir, actually I discovered them recently, but it still doesn't mean I can't enjoy the music they have made. Windir was a great band some time ago. They have left fantastic albums, which remind us the good old times when they were still around. Still, life goes on.
06.02.2009 - 14:39
Sigyn
miaregine.com
I have 2 Windir-girlies, and I am very skinny.. Never had a problem with that. My only problem is that the shirts are kinda "square".. Not fitted. For example my Burzum and Vreid-girlies are more fit, and has a better shape.

I also use Mens-shirts.. Small and Medium. With skinny pants its ok.. and some of the mens-shirts have a better design.. It's like they are afraid of making a "masculine" print on the shirts for girls.

You could also cut (read "ruin") them like this (or similar):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtEoqwS5urc for example with this shirt http://www.heavymetalonline.co.uk/acatalog/ST462.jpg
----
www.miaregine.com

Delirium and Delight
07.02.2009 - 02:20
Glen_Doom
Windir were a top band. Probably along with Thyrfing and Falkenbach they are my favourite Viking Metal band. Resurrection of the Wild has to be their best track. RIP Valfar
----
Spitting in the face of mainstream music !!!
10.02.2009 - 17:47
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Windir is one of the few heavily black metal influenced Viking bands I really love. Valfar was a god and 1184 is an incredible album. The compilation Valfar, Ein Windir is great, too. I'd kill for 1184 shirt, since it's the album that has the best cover art AND because it is my favourite one from Windir.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
16.02.2009 - 01:50
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
IM SO HAPPY! my windir dvd finally works. i watched it all the way through for the first time in months.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.02.2009 - 01:57
Daniel
Windir are the besy viking black metal band on the planet, seriously.
----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
22.02.2009 - 01:24
Nei
Excellent band. Sadly I only own one album by them at the moment - Sóknardalr, it is really beautiful. Any recommendations about which album to get next?
22.02.2009 - 02:52
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Nei on 22.02.2009 at 01:24

Excellent band. Sadly I only own one album by them at the moment - Sóknardalr, it is really beautiful. Any recommendations about which album to get next?

If I were you I would get Arntor next, then 1184 and finally Likferd. Might as well go in order, so you can fully appreciate how much Windir progressed in the later years.
----
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID, SUCK A DICK
22.02.2009 - 02:54
Nei
Written by Galar on 22.02.2009 at 02:52

If I were you I would get Arntor next, then 1184 and finally Likferd. Might as well go in order, so you can fully appreciate how much Windir progressed in the later years.

Ok, thanks for the reply. I Will look after those albums next time I'm in the city.
22.02.2009 - 02:57
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Nei on 22.02.2009 at 02:54

Ok, thanks for the reply. I Will look after those albums next time I'm in the city.

Enjoy them . For me, Windir is more than just music...it's art. Just listen and appreciate, because it is trully one of a kind
----
22.02.2009 - 02:59
Nei
Written by Galar on 22.02.2009 at 02:57

Written by Nei on 22.02.2009 at 02:54

Enjoy them . For me, Windir is more than just music...it's art. Just listen and appreciate, because it is trully one of a kind

I understand. love every track on Sóknardalr, it really is art. Likbør is my favourite track, I can listen to it for hours.
23.02.2009 - 13:31
W-Lash
Metal Master

Exactly.
Of course, we can discuss about the value of later albums (in my point of view they can't stand even close to Arntor) but I agree that's the right sequence.
After Sóknardalr you may dislike Likferd.
24.02.2009 - 21:08
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
I bought Arntor, but to me 1184 is Valfar's masterpiece. Destroy is my favorite song from that album.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
24.02.2009 - 23:30
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by MétalNoir on 24.02.2009 at 21:08

I bought Arntor, but to me 1184 is Valfar's masterpiece. Destroy is my favorite song from that album.

Destroy is an all time great. Everytime im in a shitty mood I just listen to that and instantly feel better.
----
27.02.2009 - 20:34
Nei
I got Arntor a few days ago, and I really love it. Looking forward to get the rest of the albums.
27.02.2009 - 20:59
Galar
Wicked Mung
I got the Sogneriket demo yesturday. Just completly blows me away. He was so young, and you can just hear his vision. A true master.
----
01.03.2009 - 16:47
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
OK.... Martyrium may be one of my favorite songs ever. Damn that song. Its indescribably cool
----
Coldgrits
01.03.2009 - 21:20
For those still aching to get some copies of Windir's albums... The Omega Order distro (run by the End records) in US still has some copies of 1184 left in stock, and shipping is free for us Yanks
21.04.2009 - 09:28
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The Profound Power is incredible. ridiculous drumming.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
19.08.2009 - 15:53
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think i fell in love with another band Journey To The End destroys my actual "top songs" charts
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

23.09.2009 - 02:02
Just heard Windir for the first time, 1184 is an incredible album. Looking forward to getting their whole discography. Sad that their greatness was cut short.
----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
23.09.2009 - 02:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Ellrohir on 19.08.2009 at 15:53

I think i fell in love with another band Journey To The End destroys my actual "top songs" charts

Journey to the End is fantastic. would definitely be my suicide not hahaha.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

11.11.2009 - 15:45
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I expected this band to be good... but not THAT GOD!

I've listen their first album (Sóknardalr) some minutes ago, my first check out in Windir's works, and I got fucking addicted. Its simply an exellent album, and the subsequents receives even better reviews and ratings.

Huge chance of another band to figure among my favorites
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
12.11.2009 - 14:30
Ginnung
"the perfect mixture between Black and Viking metal".

I do really agree with that. The folk-influences are obvious, still the musik is dark and mystic as black metal should be.
05.06.2010 - 15:53
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I just discovered Windir recently and picked up a copy of 1184. It didn't take long for it to become one of my favorite albums.
19.06.2010 - 17:34
Froztken
Hi guys, I bought a copy of 1184 from someone but I believe it's a counterfeit copy. I would like to know if someone who own this album could post come picture of the booklet to help me identify if it's a fake or a real copy.
19.06.2010 - 20:50
Galar
Wicked Mung
Written by Froztken on 19.06.2010 at 17:34

Hi guys, I bought a copy of this wonderful album from someone but I believe it's a counterfeit copy. I would like to know if someone who own this album could post come picture of the booklet to help me identify if it's a fake or a real copy.

Which album?
----