Metal Storm logo
Dark Funeral vs. Korn (Read first post)

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 19.01.2008 - 03:51
I've said in the Dark Funeral thread that i'd chose Korn over Dark Funeral any day, and since pyro suggested it would be a great idea to see how many people share my opinion, i created this poll.

so, vote. and try to comment your decision.

My vote goes for Korn, simply because unlike Dark Funeral they actually made music, pioneered a genre, and stayed original for all those years.

READ THIS FIRST

i'm not asking which of these bands you like. personally i don't like neither, i don't listen nor to Korn nor to Dark Funeral. i don't care what you like. i made this thread to see how many people PREFER Dark funeral over Korn or vice-versa. if you had (and you have if you visit this thread) to pick one over the other, which one would you pick? the gay option meant to be a joke, so far a lot of you fell for it.

if it's confusing then don't vote and most definitely don't post.

Poll

Well?

Dark Funeral
Korn
I'm gay.

Total votes: 159
27.08.2008 - 00:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Mosquiller on 27.08.2008 at 00:07

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.08.2008 at 23:48

Written by Mosquiller on 26.08.2008 at 23:46

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.08.2008 at 15:42

Written by Mosquiller on 25.08.2008 at 22:55

Shit Versus Shit

The deal with Hardcore is that it is all terrible music made by some angsty emo kiddies, well modern Hardcore anyways, I have not heard any of the older Hardcore which is apparently a lot different.

Dark Funeralol, those fucks suck as hell.

Why do you mention hardcore? Neither of the bands has anything to do with hardcore, or modern hardcore, at all.

So can you please tell me what the style/genre of Korn is ?

Nu-metal.

the person who creates the music would know alot more about the aim and background of the music then us.

Not really... Slipknot called themselves Death Metal, Children of Bodom called themselves death metal, and as we all know those bands have nothing to do with death metal at all/
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

27.08.2008 - 01:35
VPeter
I'm gay....
Just because I don't like both bands. I did not like Korn when I started to listen to more rock and metal and when I still listend Black Metal I allready knew far better black metal bands then Dark Funeral.
27.08.2008 - 01:51
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by LeChron James on 26.08.2008 at 22:09

when did i even say that? theres no mention of dark funeral ANYWHERE in that last post.

well you did vote for them. i'm just asking.

the person who creates the music would know alot more about the aim and background of the music then us.

it's actually the other way around. most of the times the musician doesn't know what does his band play. unless of course they play something really generic and there's no doubt to it, but in other cases, musicians are a bit off.

that is why bands claim they play "anglo-saxon metal" or "vaudevilian black metal" or "intelligent black metal" etcetera.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

27.08.2008 - 01:58
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by VPeter on 27.08.2008 at 01:35

I'm gay....
Just because I don't like both bands. I did not like Korn when I started to listen to more rock and metal and when I still listend Black Metal I allready knew far better black metal bands then Dark Funeral.

i'm not just saying this to you, but to everyone who's in this dilemma.

i'm not asking which of these bands you like. personally i don't like neither, i don't listen nor to Korn nor to Dark Funeral. i don't care what you like. i made this thread to see how many people PREFER Dark funeral over Korn or vice-versa. if you had (and you have if you visit this thread) to pick one over the other, which one would you pick?

if it's confusing then don't vote and most definitely don't post. i'll edit this into the first post too.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.

27.08.2008 - 02:18
ß
Problem?
Dark Funeral for me. I prefer them over Korn just because I find Korn less interesting and i prefer Black Metal over Nu Metal
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
27.08.2008 - 05:34
MortalTheory
Account deleted
korn sort of annoys me, but i think they can write good songs, if you're into nu metal.
27.08.2008 - 15:29
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Valentin B on 26.08.2008 at 22:13

Written by Elio on 25.08.2008 at 22:58

I vote I'm gay because I want it to win over this 2 bands, since I don't like'em.

hahaha, i almost voted I'm Gay too

And then what have u voted?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.08.2008 - 15:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 27.08.2008 at 15:29

Written by Valentin B on 26.08.2008 at 22:13

Written by Elio on 25.08.2008 at 22:58

I vote I'm gay because I want it to win over this 2 bands, since I don't like'em.

hahaha, i almost voted I'm Gay too

And then what have u voted?

haven't voted yet, i haven't really heard either band so i can't actually vote.
27.08.2008 - 17:02
VPeter
Written by Damnated on 27.08.2008 at 01:58

Written by VPeter on 27.08.2008 at 01:35

I'm gay....

i'm not just saying this to you, but to everyone who's in this dilemma.

i'm not asking which of these bands you like. personally i don't like neither, i don't listen nor to Korn nor to Dark Funeral. i don't care what you like. i made this thread to see how many people PREFER Dark funeral over Korn or vice-versa. if you had (and you have if you visit this thread) to pick one over the other, which one would you pick?

if it's confusing then don't vote and most definitely don't post. i'll edit this into the first post too.

well what I meant was that I don't prefer either I listend some songs of them in the past but they both fell in the same place for me.
let's just say that the I'm gay option was to temptating when you are melllow and bored combined with some alcohol.
16.09.2008 - 23:56
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
you know i might get hated for this but i think that korn have some really crazy songs.im not into the whole nu metal stuff but i got to give credit to korn and also like someone said earlier korn or sorta like pioneers and you might call me ignorant but i dont know at all who the fuck dark funeral is so yea lol
17.09.2008 - 21:06
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by [user id=34145] on 16.09.2008 at 23:56

i dont know at all who the fuck dark funeral is

good for you. and please, don't even bother looking them up.
----

18.09.2008 - 14:53
TheBigRossowski
Written by Damnated on 17.09.2008 at 21:06

Written by [user id=34145] on 16.09.2008 at 23:56

i dont know at all who the fuck dark funeral is

good for you. and please, don't even bother looking them up.

Haha! Reminds me of Semi-Pro with Will Ferrell! 'WHO THE FUCK IS BAMBI!'

Voted for Dark Funeral. They're not awesome...but some how well known in black metal. Secrets of the Black Arts is a pretty good album. Weird ass thread, but I see what your aim is.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
23.09.2008 - 22:05
Dragonforce89
Account deleted
Dark Funeral easy choice. Korn i really deslike that arenät good anywhere. They in Dark Funeral probably would like them in a Funeral. Im like the SATAN!!!
23.09.2008 - 22:28
-Soulreaper-
Went with Dark Funeral because I would much rather prefer listening to their music any day of the week over Korn's. Even though I can't stomach Dark Funeral for too long. Just way better black metal bands out there.
23.09.2008 - 22:39
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Dark Funeral. they're black at least!!
but i won't say i like 'em since it's emphasized on the first post not to say so...
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
14.11.2008 - 21:30
Demigodc
Korn is a nu metal piece of crap, and Dark Funeral is an awesome and talented black metal band, I prefer voting for I'm gay instead of voting for Korn.
14.11.2008 - 23:29
Stigmatized
Written by Demigodc on 14.11.2008 at 21:30

Korn is a nu metal piece of crap, and Dark Funeral is an awesome and talented black metal band, I prefer voting for I'm gay instead of voting for Korn.

lol.
15.11.2008 - 01:31
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Demigodc on 14.11.2008 at 21:30

Ahaha Amen to that!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
15.11.2008 - 08:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff

No, man. they're not.
Korn just influenced the nu-metal genre since they were one of the pioneers to sing and play that way.
Im not saying that they their music doesnt have nu-metal elements.
I asked a guy who is a fan of both numetal and hardcore, he said that he has saw an interview with them (on satellite) that their vocalist (I don know his name) said that we are not nu-metal.

Id really like to know how they aren't nu metal?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
04.01.2009 - 21:30
Slayer666
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 27.08.2008 at 00:18

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.08.2008 at 23:48

Written by Mosquiller on 26.08.2008 at 23:46

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 26.08.2008 at 15:42

Written by Mosquiller on 25.08.2008 at 22:55

Shit Versus Shit

The deal with Hardcore is that it is all terrible music made by some angsty emo kiddies, well modern Hardcore anyways, I have not heard any of the older Hardcore which is apparently a lot different.

Dark Funeralol, those fucks suck as hell.

Why do you mention hardcore? Neither of the bands has anything to do with hardcore, or modern hardcore, at all.

So can you please tell me what the style/genre of Korn is ?

Nu-metal.

Not really... Slipknot called themselves Death Metal, Children of Bodom called themselves death metal, and as we all know those bands have nothing to do with death metal at all/

Well,not realy,Slipknot do have a few Death Metal elements.Children of Bodom (CoB from now on) have much less of those elements.
Anyways,back to the topic.I voted for Dark Funeral.They rule.Korn's music is good,but I just can't stand their image.I don't mean looks,I mean everything they make of themselves.Besides,Dark Funeral plays a genre I love more.
And it's a little dumb to compare these bands,they are a completely different genre.The only thing they have in common are the instruments.
P.S.Damn it,check out how many "I'm gay" votes are there.....
04.01.2009 - 21:34
I'd rather be gay.
Both are horrendous shit.
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
04.01.2009 - 22:30
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Slayer666 on 04.01.2009 at 21:30

Well,not realy,Slipknot do have a few Death Metal elements.Children of Bodom (CoB from now on) have much less of those elements.

But people laugh at you if you say Slipknot are Death Metal. It's true that they have a few Death Metal elements sometimes, but it doesn't mean that they are Death Metal.. As you cannot name Mayhem an Electronic band because of that they used some Electronic elements on Grand Declaration of War..
04.01.2009 - 22:53
Written by Hamird on 04.01.2009 at 22:30

But people laugh at you if you say Slipknot are Death Metal. It's true that they have a few Death Metal elements sometimes, but it doesn't mean that they are Death Metal.. As you cannot name Mayhem an Electronic band because of that they used some Electronic elements on Grand Declaration of War..

If any of Slipknot's albums had any slight Death Metal elements to their sound, it would be only their first. Iowa turned slightly Deathcore elements, and after that Metalcore elements.

Though I might just be completely wrong in this aspect.
----
04.01.2009 - 23:35
tulkas
el parcero
I prefer korn, simply because i like at least one song from them and none from dark funeral. sure, i've listened to more Df songs than korn songs, but i just like korn more, or at least dislike them the least..
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
04.01.2009 - 23:37
Slayer666
Written by Hamird on 04.01.2009 at 22:30

Yeah, well I never said that they ARE DM,just that they have some elements.Take my favourite song of theirs,Heretic Anthem for example.Heard it?Damn good.
04.01.2009 - 23:46
Slayer666
Written by I, The Quatropus on 04.01.2009 at 21:34

I'd rather be gay.

I wonder why you are always against everything.............
05.01.2009 - 00:18
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I voted for "I'm Gay", since I don't like either band and since I'm gay for Merlin.
05.01.2009 - 00:19
Written by Slayer666 on 04.01.2009 at 23:46

Written by I, The Quatropus on 04.01.2009 at 21:34

I'd rather be gay.

I wonder why you are always against everything.............

I'm not, actually. I just enjoy debating sometimes.
But in all honesty, I don't really like either or. I don't know how many time I was told "But Korn's earlier stuff was good!" and I probably wouldn't disagree for I haven't heard it, but in all aspects, Korn just doesn't appeal me. Dark Funeral is just horrendous, period, almost if not as bad as Marduk. This is all opinionated, of course.
----
02.11.2009 - 03:44
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Both are horrendous to my ears. Given the choice, it's silence for me. Or pop (I don't like pop).
Therefore I'm gay.
Written by Damnated on 27.08.2008 at 01:58

I totally understood, and it would be neither anyway. Or, if you prefer, the one which bothers less people around me.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
02.11.2009 - 18:10
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 02.11.2009 at 03:44

Or, if you prefer, the one which bothers less people around me.

Wait... Why do you care about the people around you?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.