Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom

Original post

Posted by Warman, 02.09.2007 - 15:49
New thread for CoB.

Last discussion was about the new song, "Tie My Rope", and the upcoming album of course.

Continue the discussion!
29.03.2008 - 10:54
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Doc G. on 29.03.2008 at 03:04

Of course not. But I can appreciate change more than stagnation.

Very well said. I haven't heard the new album yet so I can't really say anything about it, but the two songs I have heard weren't to good, but I've heard worse
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
02.04.2008 - 05:03
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I've like what I've heard on MySpace... I admit it.
I liked the cheesy video.
And I love the artwork.

So far I think it's gonna be better than Are You Dead Yet?; although I don't think AYDY is a bad album. It's good, but not as amazing as the previous ones.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.04.2008 - 22:28
Colony
Account deleted
The new album is definitely better then AYDY but it's still nothing special. I'm not that big of a Bodom fan and haven't heard every CD but can say I like Hatecrew Deathroll the most from all the albums with Follow The Reaper being a VERY close second.
05.04.2008 - 19:04
Fitness2k
I've heard the new album and yes, it's better than AYDY. No doubt about that. And "Blooddrunk" is not a bad album, i think is great! Got to let it sink in a bit, listen to it a few times and bam it hits you! I think it's awesome!
----
Whiskey woman don't you know that you are drivin' me insane!
27.04.2008 - 19:27
VPeter
Written by owl on 27.03.2008 at 12:06

, what's there not to like?

the horrible vocals, the childish lyrics, the trash can drums and the corny guitars.

Bloodrunk is an disaster of an album, I couldn't even listen to it in full, I had to stop halfway trough because it was such an pain to listen to.
28.04.2008 - 01:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Fitness2k on 05.04.2008 at 19:04

I've heard the new album and yes, it's better than AYDY. No doubt about that. And "Blooddrunk" is not a bad album, i think is great! Got to let it sink in a bit, listen to it a few times and bam it hits you! I think it's awesome!

Looks like were alone on that one buddy. I loved it, its not as catchy or chorus-filled as the past 3 albums, which is why I think it takes a few more listens to get into. But you know, hating COB is the new coolest thing.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
28.04.2008 - 13:03
owl
Written by VPeter on 27.04.2008 at 19:27

the horrible vocals, the childish lyrics, the trash can drums and the corny guitars.

Bloodrunk is an disaster of an album, I couldn't even listen to it in full, I had to stop halfway trough because it was such an pain to listen to.
Well, I was referring to the people who already liked CoB before. I take it it's not your case, right? If you didn't like them before, it's obvious you wouldn't start liking them with this album.
----
28.04.2008 - 14:40
VPeter
Written by owl on 28.04.2008 at 13:03

Well, I was referring to the people who already liked CoB before. I take it it's not your case, right? If you didn't like them before, it's obvious you wouldn't start liking them with this album.

I liked Follow The Reaper and Hatebreeder for their guitarwork but still they aren't perfect albums as many people said they are.
29.04.2008 - 23:30
Haightredy
Written by VPeter on 28.04.2008 at 14:40

I liked Follow The Reaper and Hatebreeder for their guitarwork but still they aren't perfect albums as many people said they are.

I say it's good, only if you pretend you're listening to a completely different band other than Bodom. "Hellhounds On My Tail" and "Banned From Heaven" are both pretty good, but the rest... well.... at least it's better than "Are You Dead Yet". I could understand liking it if it's the first Bodom album you listened to.
30.04.2008 - 18:41
Vunts
I like the cover "Ghostriders in the Sky" quite much. Overall, my opinion of the album hasn't changed all that much. The main change is that the album doesn't annoy me anymore, but I still wouldn't say I enjoy the album. Might get a change of heart when I have listened to the album enough to memorize the songs and actually have something to think back to.
02.05.2008 - 02:14
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Haightredy on 29.04.2008 at 23:30

Written by VPeter on 28.04.2008 at 14:40

I say it's good, only if you pretend you're listening to a completely different band other than Bodom. "Hellhounds On My Tail" and "Banned From Heaven" are both pretty good, but the rest... well.... at least it's better than "Are You Dead Yet". I could understand liking it if it's the first Bodom album you listened to.

I like it quite a bit actually. This is coming from a person who owns the discography and listened to each one quite thoroughly (Im sooo untr00!), maybe Im just insane or something.

@Headbang vol.99
Yeah there definitely isn't as much catchiness to this album I find, which is why its a little bit of a harder listen then the previous albums.
----
- George Carlin
02.05.2008 - 08:16
Judas
The Amputator
Still haven't bothered getting the new album. Hell, I haven't even downloaded it. I'm not even sure if I'll bother going to see them when they come here next month, but if I do, and their performance of the new material is decent, I'll consider it. Though, if it's along the same lines as 'Are You Dead Yet'...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
02.05.2008 - 08:59
Eternal Flames
Written by Judas on 02.05.2008 at 08:16

Still haven't bothered getting the new album. Hell, I haven't even downloaded it. I'm not even sure if I'll bother going to see them when they come here next month, but if I do, and their performance of the new material is decent, I'll consider it. Though, if it's along the same lines as 'Are You Dead Yet'...

Sadly, it is along the lines of "Are You Dead Yet". I got it the other day and quite frankly found it uninspiring, repetitive and there seems to be quite a few recycled riffs. It's not exactly a 'horrible' album, but I just found that it's nothing special. It's basically what I expected it to be, no surprises whatsoever.

Nevertheless, I am going to see them live when they come down here only because my brother bought me a ticket since he's a huge fan and had no one to go with, and since I did enjoy some of their earlier work and I have heard they're pretty good live, I figured it might be interesting seeing them.
02.05.2008 - 13:34
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
they are the worst band ever.period.

By:someone who liked CoB
02.05.2008 - 17:09
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@Metalhead2: oh you have me convinced. I hate CoB too now. Your arguments are just so brilliant
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
02.05.2008 - 20:57
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Worst band ever? Where does all that hate come from?
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
02.05.2008 - 22:51
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
the only good song is touch like angel of death exerything else is bad copy of that song
03.05.2008 - 03:36
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Metalhead2 on 02.05.2008 at 22:51

the only good song is touch like angel of death exerything else is bad copy of that song

LOL.period.
----
- George Carlin
03.05.2008 - 04:27
owl
Metalhead2, one question: howcome you say you've liked them before, and now you say "Touch..." is the only good song they ever had?
Were you a fan of just that one song, or have you changed your mind about all the others you (might have) liked?
I didn't quite get that.
----
03.05.2008 - 04:33
ß
Problem?
Written by Metalhead2 on 02.05.2008 at 13:34

they are the worst band ever.period.

By:someone who liked CoB

That sure is a good reason
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
03.05.2008 - 09:37
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
i liked their 4 albums... listened to all of them yesterday and realized that the only song worth staying on computer is touch like angel of death .... i want my GBs for another things

quote:
or have you changed your mind about all the others you (might have) liked?

yes
03.05.2008 - 10:03
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Eternal Flames on 02.05.2008 at 08:59

Sadly, it is along the lines of "Are You Dead Yet". I got it the other day and quite frankly found it uninspiring, repetitive and there seems to be quite a few recycled riffs. It's not exactly a 'horrible' album, but I just found that it's nothing special. It's basically what I expected it to be, no surprises whatsoever.

Nevertheless, I am going to see them live when they come down here only because my brother bought me a ticket since he's a huge fan and had no one to go with, and since I did enjoy some of their earlier work and I have heard they're pretty good live, I figured it might be interesting seeing them.

I got the album and have to agree with you, though I'd add it's really not a horrible, it's cool, really cool at times but it sure is no Hatebreeder.
As for seeing them live, the first time I was very surprised and loved it, the next I felt utterly bored by Alexi's lexical disease that makes him say "fuck" every now and then...
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
12.05.2008 - 03:10
carlithrashinmad
Account deleted
I'm sad for them, I saw them on the Gigantour, and the setlist really sucked, and this was actually the only time I've seen them, the only good ones they played were "Hate me!" and "Downfall", the other 6 songs were the ones from their later albums. What happened to them? kind of seelling out (what I mean they just seem to be recording whatever and then releasing it)...what a shame.
12.05.2008 - 10:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=32012] on 12.05.2008 at 03:10

I'm sad for them, I saw them on the Gigantour, and the setlist really sucked, and this was actually the only time I've seen them, the only good ones they played were "Hate me!" and "Downfall", the other 6 songs were the ones from their later albums. What happened to them? kind of seelling out (what I mean they just seem to be recording whatever and then releasing it)...what a shame.

This band sucks after 3th album, so dont worry thats metal problem generaly in nowdays
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.05.2008 - 10:27
Eternal Flames
Written by [user id=26446] on 14.05.2008 at 11:22

Written by Eternal Flames on 02.05.2008 at 08:59

Written by Judas on 02.05.2008 at 08:16

Blooddrunk is nothing like Are You Dead Yet? at all really, the sound is a lot heavier, the keys are way way cooler and are 90% of what keeps Blooddrunk as strong as it is and you can hear the Slayer influence especially in parts like the guitar solo of Hellhounds On My Trail, plus Alexi sounds way better than on the last album. I actually like this album a lot, and am looking forward to hearing how the material from it sounds live. Last time the 2 songs they played off Are You Dead Yet? - the title track and In Your Face sounded way better live and more intense so I am hoping that will be the case again.

I do agree that Blooddrunk does seem a bit heavier, but it's still more along the lines of Are You Dead Yet than any of the previous work. I missed them live last time, but nevertheless despite that I'm a huge fan of their last few albums, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the newer songs live.
16.05.2008 - 19:15
Dagorwen
Well, I won't feed the lynching about their last album, but I just love Hatebreeder, with gorgeaous lyrics and fuckin' good musical references!
17.05.2008 - 21:56
mortjoyeux
Saw them last night, they did an amazing job. Wish they played more stuff from their older albums though.

Written by Dagorwen on 16.05.2008 at 19:15

Well, I won't feed the lynching about their last album, but I just love Hatebreeder, with gorgeaous lyrics and fuckin' good musical references!

Agreed. Hatebreeder was a solid album for me.
21.05.2008 - 02:38
Ferret
Account deleted
My favorite band.
Follow The Reaper is my favorite album by them. The new stuff isn't all that great when stacked up next to their first four albums, but I still love them.
Saw them this year at Gigantour, amazing show.
21.05.2008 - 17:18
vatro
Account deleted
Alexi is my favourite guitar player
he has amazing playing skills
my favourite songs are downfall and lake bodom
24.05.2008 - 20:23
Rozz
he is also a favorite of me aswell, but cobs new album was so disapointing for me, lack of melodic riffs, i just wish for old school bodom to come back to there former glory