Metal Storm logo
Megadeth vs Metallica

Original post

Posted by -Valhalla-, 07.06.2006 - 03:18
Megadeth and Metallica have been trying to out do eachother for years. Dave Mustaine was an Ex-Metallica guitarist, and made Megadeth to show that he doesn't need metallica. Metallica the more popular of the two, cut thier hair, and sold out, touring with bands like Linkin Park, Limp Bizcuit. Meanwhile, Megadeth's still going strong. Who's better? Would you rather go to see live?

In my opinion Megadeth is the better of the two. Metallica is a bunch of fatheads who have sucked balls since Ride The Lightning. Megadeth still sounds great, and has the Gigantour going, while Metallica is busy filming their next documentary about, whiney disagreements, and how the band is falling apart.

Poll

Megadeth vs. Metallica

Megadeth
Metallica

Total votes: 971
07.05.2007 - 02:20
Megadeth_Matt
Depends on the mood for me. Megadeth all the way when i wanna headbang and fucking rock out. metallica when i feel sorry for myself and want to depress myself further by listening to fade to black and shit.

overall vote,
hell ya for Megadeth. nothing can beat rust in peace or peace sells
----
THE MAN
14.05.2007 - 16:31
High and Mighty
Account deleted
Absolutely METALLICA.

Father Mustaine has his points but Megadeth doesn't stand a chance to Metallica. Every band has three or four great songs but talking about Metallica we're in the order of entire albums, not songs.
19.05.2007 - 03:28
Mela Muke
Account deleted
the poll is so close, but megadeth for me
the new album is amazing, they just go from strenght to strenght
21.05.2007 - 11:01
VicRattlehead1
Account deleted
Megadeth all the way... man. we are talking about here Mustaine alone vs. James, Lars and Kirk. 1 guy .. he does most of the stuff in megadeth...

Old megadeth is good.... i would say.. till 1986 ..Metallica was untouchable..

Now credits go for Megadeth \m/ ^.^ \m/
21.05.2007 - 13:17
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Mela Muke
I also voted for Megadeth, but before I heard new album, now I am not sure lol Seriously, it is worst than risk... ok, nothin is worst than risk
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
23.05.2007 - 10:59
ToCSiN
Account deleted
108/111 well that's a close one, but in the same time i have a point here and i think this topic is the best place to talk about it.
We all know that Metallica and Megadeth are half of the Thrash founders, but i noticed something and i touched this point in every album for Megadeth.
I think Dave is a pretty awesome rocker, but he has a problem that he is still trying to be "Better" than Metallica which is fair enough, but his reason is hate not more because he was kicked out.
The reason should be passion and am pretty sure that if Dave.M work harder and forget the past between him and Metallica he will rock even harder and better than what is he doing right now.
Anyone agree?
23.05.2007 - 17:28
Lord TJ
Written by [user id=4766] on 23.05.2007 at 10:59

108/111 well that's a close one, but in the same time i have a point here and i think this topic is the best place to talk about it.
We all know that Metallica and Megadeth are half of the Thrash founders, but i noticed something and i touched this point in every album for Megadeth.
I think Dave is a pretty awesome rocker, but he has a problem that he is still trying to be "Better" than Metallica which is fair enough, but his reason is hate not more because he was kicked out.
The reason should be passion and am pretty sure that if Dave.M work harder and forget the past between him and Metallica he will rock even harder and better than what is he doing right now.
Anyone agree?

I kinda agree.

I was amazed how close the votes are, I voted Megadeth. I listened to them more and I admire his work more than Metallica's. I also think its funny Dave beat the hell out of Hetfeild!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
23.05.2007 - 20:22
ToCSiN
Account deleted
@TJ D: Hell yeah man, that was funny, well Dave rules i freakin' love him man, he is good, but i only hate that thing in him
23.05.2007 - 23:01
-°Mon!-
Account deleted
I read all the comments, some of them i agree some i just hate them!
Im with megadeth all the time!, i liked metallica but i didnt know the biography of both like three years ago, so idecided to get info of this bands.

I started to get more interested about megadeth, so i started to get a fan of megadeth. I like too much Metallica, but i just like only three albums of them, and megadeth... I JUST LOVE ALL THE ALBUMS!!, yeah risk was a crap but taking in mind the other works tah they have. when i listened the first time, i didnt finish to listen the album, but little ny little i strated like it and appreciate it, it have a lot of new ideas tha can be good, but in megadeth NO!

Metallica have a lot of what appreciate them, but megadeth have better musicians, and im not talking about friedman or menza, im talking about the present, i love james lomenzo since Black Label Society, shawn drover have a especial sound i love his way, and glen is just perfect for megadeth, and Metallica, today, is not a crap, but they will never can be back to the style of 80's, and that is so sad =(.

So my conclusion is that megadeth grown up while metallica was breaking down passing the time!
24.05.2007 - 05:59
R@tt!eH3@d
Account deleted
For all of you out there who say Metallica is better than Megadeth, you need to get yourself educated. I started listening to Metallica when I first started listening to metal, but all of the music just got old.
I am also assuming that many of you who voted metallica havent taken the time to listen to megadeth.

Metallica has not made an exceptional album since AJFA. They're music is going to the shitter more and more. Even Megadeth's Risk is better than load and ReLoad.

Megadeth beats Metallica live. I have seen Metallica twice and Megadeth six times. Dave Mustaine plays what the fans want to hear, even if it is their most difficult shit. For instance, they always play Holy Wars and Hanger 18, and Usually Tornado of souls, all from their most difficult album. Metallica, on the other hand, will occasionally play One, but thats it. They tried to play AJFA at my first show. And they fucked it up. Lars kept speeding up like always, and kirk played some weird wah wah shit that you can hear on Reload. An interview with James said they will never play it live again.

When it comes down to it, Megadeth beats Metallica easily. If you still arent convinced, think to yourself
1. Dave Mustaine wrote a large portion of Early Metallica Work
2. Metallica will most likely never make anything new that is worthwhile again (quit fooling yourself)
3. Megadeth is still keeping to its roots and making great music (United Abominations kicks ass)
4. Metallica should not be considered metal, because since Black Album, it has been rock
5. Lars is a Dick
24.05.2007 - 06:18
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=23762] on 14.05.2007 at 16:31

Absolutely METALLICA.

Father Mustaine has his points but Megadeth doesn't stand a chance to Metallica. Every band has three or four great songs but talking about Metallica we're in the order of entire albums, not songs.

But, Metallica havnt released a decent album since '...and justice for all' (unless you consider that over-produced, poppified excuse for an album that was dropped from there sphincters in 1991 a decent album). Whereas Megadeth have released solid after solid album, with the exception of Risk, after which Mustaine was able to get his crap back together, and it doesnt even compare in shittieness to St Anger (comparing both bands shittiest albums here). Metallica had there good moments, but are now a sinking ship, whereas Megadeths lows have been improved on.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.05.2007 - 06:28
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Doc G. on 24.05.2007 at 06:18

Absolutely METALLICA.

But, Metallica havnt released a decent album since '...and justice for all' (unless you consider that over-produced, poppified excuse for an album that was dropped from there sphincters in 1991 a decent album).

And Justice For All was even more overproduced than their self titled album, both of which sucked IMO.
24.05.2007 - 06:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 24.05.2007 at 06:28

Absolutely METALLICA.

But, Metallica havnt released a decent album since '...and justice for all' (unless you consider that over-produced, poppified excuse for an album that was dropped from there sphincters in 1991 a decent album).

And Justice For All was even more overproduced than their self titled album, both of which sucked IMO.

Ive only heard like 3 songs off of AJFA, they didnt seem too bad, at least next to everything that followed in there career.
----
- George Carlin
24.05.2007 - 09:31
-°Mon!-
Account deleted
Its simple:

1) Metallica 80's
2)Megadeth 90's and 00's

THATS ALL!
24.05.2007 - 10:55
High and Mighty
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 24.05.2007 at 06:34

Absolutely METALLICA.

Ive only heard like 3 songs off of AJFA, they didnt seem too bad, at least next to everything that followed in there career.

AJFA is a great album and not overrated at all.
Most of you seem to think that a band should stick to a direction forever and ever

Megadeth may be on politics or whatever but actually I don't like that kind of things, I agree with what Metallica say about their music: politics is up to people and musicians don't have to make their fans follow their idealogies but only appreciate their skills.
Metallica sings better and plays better. Having seen both of the bands live I have no doubt on that.

You could say a lot on Marty F and I'm ok with that but taken as a whole Tallica owns Megadeth.
24.05.2007 - 19:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=23762] on 24.05.2007 at 10:55

Absolutely METALLICA.

Most of you seem to think that a band should stick to a direction forever and ever

Megadeth may be on politics or whatever but actually I don't like that kind of things, I agree with what Metallica say about their music: politics is up to people and musicians don't have to make their fans follow their idealogies but only appreciate their skills.
Metallica sings better and plays better. Having seen both of the bands live I have no doubt on that.

You could say a lot on Marty F and I'm ok with that but taken as a whole Tallica owns Megadeth.

Lyrical content aside, look at the score:

Megadeth:
Terrible Albums: 1
Good albums: 10

Metallica:
Terrible Albums: 6
Good Albums: 4

So as a whole, no, Metallica dont even touch Megadeth.
----
- George Carlin
25.05.2007 - 03:27
Nixx
Account deleted
for me, everything Megadeth made except the songs "Kick the Chair" and "Symphony of Destruction" sounds mediocre, nothing stands out..
But then again, to justify that, I only have like 2 albums or so, and all of Metallica's.

I guess it all comes up to the "mainstream", "sellout" "personal taste" "I like mustaine better than the rest of metallica cos he got kicked and then metallica died" "megadeth only wants to be metallica" side of it all.

in other words, personal taste and opinions
25.05.2007 - 12:31
High and Mighty
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 24.05.2007 at 19:30

Absolutely METALLICA.

Megadeth:

Metallica:

I beg your pardon but what's so good with Megadeth albums?!?!? I don't really find anything so outstanding except for some isolated episodes. Anyway, it's your opinion. What lives of the two bands have you seen so far? Not dvd-s or vhs but real lives, how many?
25.05.2007 - 12:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=23762] on 25.05.2007 at 12:31

Absolutely METALLICA.

Megadeth:

Metallica:

I beg your pardon but what's so good with Megadeth albums?!?!? I don't really find anything so outstanding except for some isolated episodes. Anyway, it's your opinion. What lives of the two bands have you seen so far? Not dvd-s or vhs but real lives, how many?

Okay asde from which band I prefer. I would say it is 50-50 for me there. True Megadeth never released an album where ALL songs were great whereas Metallica did. And about lyrical contents it is not for nothing that Megadeth were called state of the art thinking man's thrash.

But live well no doubt Metallica wins there hands down.
I have seen metallica live at least 25 times in ALL their incarnations so ALSO with Cliff on bass, and Metallica have never ever disappointed in those 25 times, always giving it their best no matter how crappy the album was they were touring on the back off. Whereas of the 14 times I have seen Megadeth (in their earliest to their later incarnations) I think only about 7 concerts could be described as avreage to good, and only 1 as brilliant. Megadeth live is far too fickle entirely depending on what mood Mustaine is/was in and whether or not he was/is drunk or stoned out of his mind. Megdath live are nowehere near a professional outfit wehereas Metallica is.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.05.2007 - 14:26
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yes, Metallica is so much better live than Megadeth! Much more energy and better performance.
----
25.05.2007 - 16:42
Lord TJ
omg its a tie!

Metallica is more mainstream than Megadeth from what I see. I think Megadeth has more depth.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
25.05.2007 - 19:10
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=23762] on 25.05.2007 at 12:31

Absolutely METALLICA.

Megadeth:

Metallica:

Metallica a few years ago in 2004 i believe...gotta check the ticket again. Before I even knew who Megadeth was. Then Ive seen Megadeth opening for Heaven & Hell. Both shows were about even to be honest.
----
- George Carlin
26.05.2007 - 01:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
THAT'S FUCKING RIGHT, BITCHES!!! Megadeth finally is in the lead \m/

Sorry about that, but they were down by about 30 votes not too long ago...

But I did notice one thing. In threads like these, people tend to vote for bands right after releasing their new album.
28.05.2007 - 04:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Dangerboner on 26.05.2007 at 01:22

Yeah it was a tie before I finally voted, I completely forgot I had my voting rights back. lol.

But about people voting for the band that most recently released an album, by the looks of it, when Metallica releases there upcoming album its also going to result in more votes for 'Deth.

By the looks of it, Metallica goes Greenday, with sad sloppy solo courtesy of Kirk Hammett
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snPAOzp2YOA&mode=related&search=
----
- George Carlin
28.05.2007 - 05:08
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
lmao that is such an annoying song.
28.05.2007 - 08:02
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dangerboner on 26.05.2007 at 01:22

Sorry about that, but they were down by about 30 votes not too long ago...

But I did notice one thing. In threads like these, people tend to vote for bands right after releasing their new album.

Ah man, you spoke my mind, the second I came to this thread I was outraged at how many votes ahead metalica was. It's simple, Megadeth is better, more real, and just great all around. I definitly love them more than 'tallica, even though no one can deny their greatness too back in the day.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
29.05.2007 - 16:33
Nixx
Account deleted
By the looks of it, this should be renamed the "Metallica vs Dave Mustaine" Thread, or "<Mainstream> vs tr00", or hell, why not "I'm right, you're an a-hole vs. No I'm right you b****" thread. (thinking about everyone making this thread into a personal battle).

Can the people discussing Mustaine vs Metallica bla bla, please just focus on the music?
Forget all that alcohol/struggle/beat up/mainstream/tr00 shit, it's the music that matters (or atleast I used to believe so, appearently I'm wrong).

I'm pretty sure that if Megadeth had a random frontman besides Mustaine (though they sound the same), Metallica would beat their asses anyday in a vote-off. (well atleast their 4 first albums).

And yes, I'm an Metallica fan, but guess what? I'm also a Megadeth fan, and I'm sick of people that can't mention Megadeth or Metallica without mentioning the "Dave vs Metallica" feud (even though I do it myself at the moment, though it's just to "air my frustration").
And I'm not saying that everyone in here does this.

*Frustrated Norwegian "brat"*
29.05.2007 - 23:18
Hamird
Lieutenant
look, this is the fact, if you are the fan of metallica or you are not ... should accept that now MEGADETH is better than METALLICA ... why? coz Metallica started a good career in 80's ... then after CLIFF's death the band had nothing too say ... after cliff's death they just released a good album and that was "METALLICA91" ...
but Megadeth keep going the same way in all it's career. and album by album become better ... what do you think about "ST. ANGER"? is this good the THRASH METAL MASTER follows SLIPKNOT ?
29.05.2007 - 23:31
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 29.05.2007 at 23:18

look, this is the fact, if you are the fan of metallica or you are not ... should accept that now MEGADETH is better than METALLICA ... why? coz Metallica started a good career in 80's ... then after CLIFF's death the band had nothing too say ... after cliff's death they just released a good album and that was "METALLICA91" ...
but Megadeth keep going the same way in all it's career. and album by album become better ... what do you think about "ST. ANGER"? is this good the THRASH METAL MASTER follows SLIPKNOT ?

1. In which ways are Megadeth SUPPOSEDLY better than Metallica?
Megadeth (imo) keeps making mediocre albums, while Metallica has 5 that've gone into Metal History. (Black Album 'cos of it's sales numbers).

2. How the hell can you possibly compare St.Anger with ANYTHING that Sipknot has done? shame on you! (not saying this 'cos I don't like Slipknot, but because there are no similarities between that album or any of Slipknots work).
29.05.2007 - 23:36
Nixx
Account deleted
Written by [user id=24000] on 24.05.2007 at 05:59

When it comes down to it, Megadeth beats Metallica easily. If you still arent convinced, think to yourself
1. Dave Mustaine wrote a large portion of Early Metallica Work
2. Metallica will most likely never make anything new that is worthwhile again (quit fooling yourself)
3. Megadeth is still keeping to its roots and making great music (United Abominations kicks ass)
4. Metallica should not be considered metal, because since Black Album, it has been rock
5. Lars is a Dick

1. So did Lars, James and Cliff.
2. So? They've made 4-5albums that are way better than anything Megadeth made.
3. In other words, creativity = bad?
4. Have anyone claimed anything else? or is this a part of the "tr00" thinghy?
5. And Dave Mustaine's a saint?