07. Illuminated//Power Strikes The
08. Meaning Of Light (Reprise)
09. Athena
10. Don't Tell No Lies
11. Power Strikes The Earth
12. Goddess Of Love And Pain
13. As One (Finale)

Metalium are back. Damn.
I'm not a big fan of these Germans, because I always thought that they were a completely unoriginal band, and I still regret the day that I bought "Hero Nation -Chapter Two-" because is an album that simply don't get any playtime in my record player, or Discman, depending on the occasion.

Now I have the fourth record of the band, and I'm a little worried because I don't want to hear it, but I have to review it, is my job, so I need to listen it at least a couple of times to make an unbiased opinion.

So I sat down and listened to it. One time. Twice. Up to three times. But one didn't count because it was late, I was tired and I fell sleep.
So analyzing the album, lets' start by the looks, because it's one thing that has improved, because the cover art is way better to anything that they have done before, that's a good point. Also, last time I checked, Metaluim were a five piece band, now they're a quartet, and thanks to God, They stopped painting themselves with silver paint!!! Because that just simply looked ridiculous.

So, and the music? I must say that Metalium also polished their writing skills and managed to improved the bore fest that was their chapter 2, and for me is sweeter, because I never heard Chapter 3, so the change was more brutal, and not gradual like the rest of you mortal beings.

Even though there's been an overall improvement -esthetic and musical- I still don't like this band, but that's good, because before I hated them, who knows maybe next record they'll be neutral to me, and by Chapter 15 approximately I will love them!

I won't lie to all of you, is a solid Power Metal album, but is neither ground-breaking nor genre changing, just another Power Metal album with catchy tunes double bass pedals, high pitched vocals and fast riffs, just your regular dose of Metalium without the silver facepaint.

Written by Undercraft | 13.03.2005

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 32 users
05.01.2008 - 09:01
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Nice review, it actually made me buy this album and set the appropriate expectations for it. I had chapter one, really liked it as a pure straight-forward power metal album, but after buying chapter two and selling it back I was unsure if I was ever going to check out the other chapters.

"...and by Chapter 15 approximately I will love them!" Hilarious, but also the truth! Many songs just fall in the middle-of-the-road, generic category. If you like power metal- you will probably enjoy this album as I have.

Hits total: 3740 | This month: 11