Metal Storm logo
"Heavy" Power Metal

Original post

Posted by thesabbathfan, 23.11.2008 - 08:33
I'm craving power metal... like, heavy power metal. Not heavy power metal like a band such as manowar (cross between heavy-power), I mean a band that is still straightup power metal but still REALLY heavy.

anybody know any bands? and yes I already know about nevermore but I cant find any seeded torrents D:
26.11.2008 - 01:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
WINTER'S BANE - Where I can hear Tim Owen voice when he sings at this band? Or I mix something, its same band where was Owens or you meant oyter band?

I also can edd bands like Risk(some Faitfull Breth albums), Greek band Aryan Path (moustly one song ''Road To Macedonia'' )greek band Ragenhearth, Wizard(boath Finsih or German) , last 2 80's Cloven Cloof, thet german band who souns like Blind Guardian whit swedish vocalist (Baz knows about what I talk), Vanadium from Italy , Fire Trails , polsih band Cryatal Viper, Tvisted Tower Dire, Holy Dragons from kazahstan, its all what I can name now

Eddit: Mayheron, Claymore, King'o'War, Mesmerize, Royal Quest, Overload, Sorcerer ... those bands who ''tribute'' to Manowar in one polish bootleg, since you probobly dont understand polish its no need give you linlk
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.11.2008 - 13:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hrothdane on 25.11.2008 at 22:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.11.2008 at 22:29

@Valetin B, but those two are NOT heavy power imo, especially not Hammerfall.

Thesabbathfan liked them, so I don't think that matters.

what are you doing here, shouldn't you be screaming "I WANT OUUUT" in a forest dressed like an elf or playing Strip Dungeons and Dragons with Luca Turilli and Nanowar??
26.11.2008 - 22:33
Hrothdane

Written by Valentin B on 26.11.2008 at 13:27

Written by Hrothdane on 25.11.2008 at 22:32

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.11.2008 at 22:29

@Valetin B, but those two are NOT heavy power imo, especially not Hammerfall.

Thesabbathfan liked them, so I don't think that matters.

what are you doing here, shouldn't you be screaming "I WANT OUUUT" in a forest dressed like an elf or playing Strip Dungeons and Dragons with Luca Turilli and Nanowar??

I would, but I'm currently stuck at home with a bad virus. Also, Luca always wants to dungeon master, and the guy can't tell the difference between a swift and free action.
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
30.11.2008 - 22:43
Metalbound7

I think Rebellion is the band for you some songs: Free, Sweden, Taste of Steel

you can also try

Primal Fear - is like Judas Priest (in Painkiller album) getting Power Metal. Heavy, Melodic, Fast and very fucking Metal!
Songs: All for One, Red Rain, Metal is Forever, In Metal, Armageddon

3 Inches of Blood - This is one of the bands that you love or you hate, i love them so you can give them a chance.
Songs: Deadly Sinners, Revenge is a Vulture, Premonition of Pain, Axes of Evil, Lord of the Storm, Night Marauders, Crazy Nights.

Dream Evil - try songs like: Chasing the Dragon, Evilized, The Mirror, Blind Evil, Children of the Night, The Prophecy and The Kingdom of the
Damned.

Firewind - Songs: Im the Anger, Head up High, Into the Fire, Insanity

Demons & Wizards - Jon Schaffer at the Guitar and Hansi Kursch at the vocals
23.12.2008 - 23:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Swedish band Steel who's more project of other famose band member slike dan Swano this time on voals, realised 2 song EP in 1997 and in band myspace are 4 songs, its raly fast, heavy 80's style US power metal
----

apos;'
[image]
19.02.2020 - 12:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Luv Hunter and 80's US PM band whit only self titteled album from 1990.

----

apos;'
[image]
19.02.2020 - 21:50
Metal Rasputin

Written by thesabbathfan on 23.11.2008 at 08:33

I'm craving power metal... like, heavy power metal. Not heavy power metal like a band such as manowar (cross between heavy-power), I mean a band that is still straightup power metal but still REALLY heavy.

anybody know any bands? and yes I already know about nevermore but I cant find any seeded torrents D:

My friend. Clearly what you need in your life is a band called Hibria. Defying The Rules is one of the ballsiest, most badass power metal albums to date.

Another great one is a band called Noble Beast and their self-titled debut. The only bad thing about that album is the amusingly stupid cover. I mean, the title suggests some sort of mythical beast, like griffin or chimaira, but all they got was some laughable dinosaur.

Or how about Condition Red by Iron Savior? That kicks some ass.

And last year there was this band called Paladin who released an album called Ascension. Great stuff.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!
19.02.2020 - 22:03
JoHn Doe

Morgana Lefay
Lethal
Helstar
Jag Panzer
Vicious Rumors
Heir Apparent
Crimson Glory
Warlord
Chastain
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
23.04.2022 - 18:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
According to their Facebook post in this years february Forever Storm, are recording vocals in new EP, album.
----

apos;'
[image]
29.08.2022 - 02:22
UPDIRNS

I second Primal Fear they have some brutal riffs and great vocals, They can be somewhat formulaic and predictable at times, but overall they have been around decades and have some elite power metal songs. Old school Iced Earth needs a listen without question as does Powerwolf.