Metal Storm logo
Greatest Metal Guitar Album Of All Time?

Original post

Posted by Metal_Militia, 15.03.2009 - 01:47
From start to finish, what is the one Metal record that has the best guitar work on it? There are many factors to consider when making this decision. Do you like brutal riffs throughout the entire album? The guitar solo? Or do you like an album that has an absolute crushing track with heavy riffs, fast guitar solos, and unreal time breakdowns, then the next track has an acoustic intro? Be sure to explain the your pick as to why its the best metal guitar album of all time.

Anyways, mine would be Unquestionable Presence by Atheist because of the technical feel with amazing solo work. Everything synchronizes together so well. It might not be the fastest or heaviest, but its just mind blowing with everything going on as far as the guitars are concerned on that album.
19.12.2010 - 23:29
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Adam on 19.12.2010 at 23:01

Written by K✞ulu on 19.12.2010 at 22:56

Written by Adam on 19.12.2010 at 21:20

I say, pretty much everything from Cacophony.
Speed Metal Symphony (1987)
Go Off! (1988)
Jason Becker and Friedman managed to create ultra fast, ultra complex, and super difficult to play best shred/metal guitar album ever. Those two albums have one of the most perfect guitar work of all times.
If looking just at the guitar work, it simply overwhelming how much these guys made out of 6 strings.
Absolutely a must listen. Great combination of neo classical, shred and heavy.
A true example of great Metal guitar and playing far more than just power chords and its variations : )

What do you think of Jason Becker's Perpetual Burn? I think that might quite possibly be the best guitar album ever.

Absolutely. I have very similar feelings, it very well might be ( in case of heavy metal/ electric guitar of course ). I believe, that in his field Jason is a true Master. My idol, simply love his music. Unfortunately, he is still not as popular as he deserves to be, don't you agree?

Yeah, I don't hear a lot of discussions of his music on this website. But I guess when people hear his music, they can't stay indifferent. I also think he is a more original and maybe even skillful guitar player than Marty Friedman, who I love as well, but mostly for his work in Megadeth. I've never really checked his solo career a lot. Well, I listened to Dragon Kiss, but I didn't strike me as something amazing.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
12.12.2021 - 03:54
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Best guitar-work for solos and riffs is definitely Rust in Peace, followed by Painkiller
There's a reason those albums have legendary status!
14.12.2021 - 18:43
Roman Doez
Hallucigenia
Anything that has Ron Jarzombek on it is a contender for this list, I'd have to go with Blotted Science's "The Machinations Of Dementia"
16.12.2021 - 02:13
Metal Rasputin

Coroner have lots of interesting riffs and incredible guitarwork in general, but No More Color as a whole is the best. Tommy Vetterli is such an underrated virtuoso, he's not just fast and technical, but the man clearly has a genuine style and personality of his own.

Edit. Oh yeah, and then there's Think This by Toxik. That album has some sick guitarwork, it's awesome.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!