Metal Storm logo
Misfits

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 17.07.2006 - 19:12
well i was searching in this part of the forum and i get really sad because nobody made a topic of this legendary punk band "Misfits"... well i'm a fan of this band since i was 11 years old and i love all they're music , but well now they have change a little... well it's no the same "Misfits"...for me the best era of "Misfits" was when Glenn Danzig was the vocalist.. they were the best
So what is you opinion about this band'?
13.08.2008 - 06:54
Demonmayonnaise
Walk among us is one of my favorite albums ever. I love Devils Whorehouse. Awesome band.
27.08.2008 - 16:05
Frankenchrist
there's only 2 posts here? you gotta be kidding me! the misfits are legend. they've influenced tons of bands that dont even necessarily sound like them now. and yeah "Walk among us" is an amazing album.
----
Blat Blat
18.09.2008 - 00:02
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by Alfonso on 24.07.2006 at 05:23

Untouchable with Glenn Danzig. Unlistenable without.

one of the truest statements EvvvVVEeer
16.10.2008 - 10:03
Murder
I love this band... when I introduced into metal, this band was there too!

They're simply amazing... I enjoy a lot the Danzig and Graves eras....
17.10.2008 - 00:08
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Murder on 16.10.2008 at 10:03

I love this band... when I introduced into metal, this band was there too!

Yeah I've noticed this back in high school, the punkers and the metalheads usually mixed groups, and the two bands the two groups could always agree on at parties was Motorhead and The Misfits.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.10.2008 - 19:05
Branzig
The Misfits were a very crucial band for me. Not to mention one of my all time favorite bands. They were one of the first band to really bring in that fun-filled-gore content that I learned to love in metal. I am pretty sure that if I didn't have Walk Among Us and Earth A.D. I probably would of never gotten into extreme metal. Total crossover band for me.

Plus, if you haven't noticed, my screen name is a knock off of my name and Danzig's...haha, I love the man! I think you can put him in just about any genre and he can sing it. One of the best vocalists of our time, be it punk, hardcore, heavy metal, blues, whatever
----
In Grind We Crust
23.02.2011 - 04:30
.Nemesis.
The Misfits are awesome. When I first discovered the Misfits, I told my friend about it and he was like "Oh my god, did you really" which came as a surprise to me because he didn't like alot of the music that I listened to at the time (Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Megadeth)
----
You try to awaken me, the flesh dripping with blood
My body is there, but my soul a perilous void
Aethereal existence coming off in ambient waves
I am nothing. I AM N1H1L.
10.04.2011 - 16:20
Slayer666
I've been pretty high on "Walk Among Us" and "Famous Monsters" lately. Catchy as fuck, punk usually annoys the hell out of me, but these two albums are just too addictive.
10.04.2011 - 16:38
Thrashette
Definitely one of the best punk bands. Their classic stuff was the best, but they were still pretty decent even without Danzig.

As far as them being popular among metalheads only because of Metallica covering them, I definitely disagree. They're darker and heavier than a lot of punk bands I've heard, which is what I've always thought was the reason they were so popular among metalheads. I liked Misfits before I even knew Metallica covered them, and I know a some people who like them but hate Metallica. There's probably just a little more than a few punk bands I regularly listen to unless you're willing to count goth bands as punk...
03.05.2012 - 02:17
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Freakin' amazing stuff.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.06.2012 - 19:21
I hate most punk as im into metal but i LOVED the misfits saw them a few times live as well they put on one hell of a show.
----
No Mosh, No Core, No trends, No Fun
11.05.2023 - 13:23
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
If we ever come down to choose a Metal Storm website's anthem/opening song, "We are 138" undoubtedly be that one anthem...