Metal Storm logo
Within Temptation

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 02.08.2006 - 19:20
There was no topic about this great Dutch band, so, here it is.

I love this band, I have the 3 albums and love them, specially "Mother Earth" and "The Silent Force" , the lyrical content, the music itself and the beautiful Sharon's voice make this band unique. Now I'm looking forward to get last DVD.

So, welcome to the thread!
28.05.2008 - 19:13
Elodie Artour
Slania
"Ind And Out Of Love" is a wonderful song which I absolutely adore!
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
01.06.2008 - 14:59
gothmetal
Account deleted
You can see Within Temptation live!! with a special performance and lots of fireworks on 21 June in the netherlands.
Together with many other great gothicmetal bands.
festival: Gothic Metal Palace
line-up: Within Temptation, Epica, Delain, Sirenia, Krypteria, Novembre, Autumn, Ian parry, Eyes of Eden, Nemesea, Elexorien, Sephyros, A new Dawn, Valkyre, Gaia Nostra, Good Things End, Rattlesnakeshake.

From Krypteria, "the night all angels cry" will also be performed with a special pyroshow!
01.06.2008 - 16:11
VPeter

A Gothic metal fest, without any actual Gothic metal bands.
01.06.2008 - 16:29
Elodie Artour
Slania
Haha,right.

Well,I do count some of them as Gothic metal but not as the true one.
----
01.06.2008 - 19:44
Neccy60
Account deleted
Within Temptation is pretty good, but they bore me every now and then...
12.06.2008 - 08:54
senzafine

Written by =maD.Doc:. on 13.04.2008 at 17:34

Everyone has their opinion on what is what. There are actually no strict rules on how to define a band in certain genres.

@Tir na nog, I second what Reconciler said.
show me a dictionary or trustworthy source which defines gothic metal (any kind of metal!) which hundreds of thousands of people agree upon because otherwise, the term "gothic metal" really has very little meaning.

I used to think Heart of Everything wasn't that great, like other people have mentioned. Granted, it's not "heavy" sometimes, but there is some excellent material. For example, "The Truth Beneath the Rose." I love "Final Destination" and "Frozen" as well. The songs aren't as one dimensional as they may appear. Each one is quite different in theme and style.
12.06.2008 - 15:29
Elodie Artour
Slania
@senzafine: I have to agree with you about both of the things- there are no real 'definitions' of metal genres.

I also think that "The Heart Of Everything" is (actually), quite a good album, which presents many sides of WT-both new and old ones. This album does sound adorable.
----
15.06.2008 - 15:27
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
I saw them before few months and It was just amazing live performance. Sharon sounds live beautiful. Beter than on a album.
And The Heart Of Everything IS VERY GOOD album. And Mother Earth ofc.
17.06.2008 - 15:18
albatros

Written by Guest on 01.06.2008 at 14:59

You can see Within Temptation live!! with a special performance and lots of fireworks on 21 June in the netherlands.
Together with many other great gothicmetal bands.
festival: Gothic Metal Palace
line-up: Within Temptation, Epica, Delain, Sirenia, Krypteria, Novembre, Autumn, Ian parry, Eyes of Eden, Nemesea, Elexorien, Sephyros, A new Dawn, Valkyre, Gaia Nostra, Good Things End, Rattlesnakeshake.

From Krypteria, "the night all angels cry" will also be performed with a special pyroshow!

yeah, sure I think you guys gave up too early.
17.06.2008 - 22:32
Elodie Artour
Slania
@gothmetal: I say: 'Lucky you' to everybody who will join that festival!
----
17.06.2008 - 23:09
albatros

Written by Elodie Artour on 17.06.2008 at 22:32

@gothmetal: I say: 'Lucky you' to everybody who will join that festival!

One should never be envious, mylady !

They just cancelled the festival. I guess Gothmetal is the organizer. They were desperately trying to raise advance ticket sales and finally decided to give up. I bought tickets in advance and have been looking forward to this for a while.

This would have been two days of world class entertainment. But people rather go and pay twice the amount for some utterly overrated pop clown. I'm bitter.
18.06.2008 - 01:00
Elodie Artour
Slania
@albatros: Actually, I'm not an envious person at all.

I was only trying to explain that the news was good good for those of you who would have participated in.
----
17.07.2008 - 00:47
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
A five-minute trailer for new double-DVD, entitled "Black Symphony", can be viewed at this location.

(More information and cover on www.within-temptation.fr)

EDIT (17/07): Link updated, thanks to Elodie Artour
17.07.2008 - 21:26
Elodie Artour
Slania
The video is no longer available. :
----
03.11.2008 - 03:33
Land Of Doom

Do you Know I loke Within Temptation Very Much But Now Its A Normal Band Because They Dont Sing Gothic or Symphonic
They Are Similer With Hard Rock
----
We Only Fear What Comes
And Smell Death Every Day
Search For The Answers That Lie Beyond
03.11.2008 - 05:37
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Land Of Doom on 03.11.2008 at 03:33

They Dont Sing Gothic or Symphonic
They Are Similer With Hard Rock

Yeah I stopped listening to them after the Mother Earth album...that was their last good album...
05.11.2008 - 01:33
Elodie Artour
Slania
On Saturday, I bought the special edition of "Black Symphony" (the one containing 2 DVDs and 2 CDs) and I must admit, it is awesome! Both concerts are great, especially the one in Ahoy, Rotterdam. I am very keen on documentaries and all kinds of footage which are a lot of on the DVDs. I'm very glad I've got "Black Symphony"!
----
24.11.2008 - 02:52
PrincessOfSecret
Account deleted
If I can say that I have a favorite, I must say that this band it is. I have known them for more than 3 years and I have collected all of their works. They enchanted me at first time. I really like their songs because they are about thinkable things. I also enjoy their older and new albums although there aren't in the same style. And I like them because of this, for example. They haven't made a lot of similar albums but a few really different ones. I always very excited before a release because I never know how it will like. I think that there is no similar band for them and not just because of their music, but also the members' personality. For me they are real artists and good people. They don't want glorious fame but just to create something they really want to - if others will love or not. I call this spirit art and the love of music. People always argue on if they are gothic metal or not. I must say they don't have a specific genre. And they also say this. They always use as much from gothic and metal elements as it is enough for their imagination. They have never wanted to fit any genres. People say that they are this or that, not they do this. And I also believe them, because they are honest and there isn't any hypocrisy in them just for "making money". I respect them, their skills, their work, they own a special part of my heart. I have already been on two of their concerts in Hungary and I've never been disappointed about their performance. I like them as they are and I'll like them till they exist. There are many other bands I like but they are the only ones I can love.

And yes, the Black Symphony is amazing and not only the live part but its whole material.
And I'm waiting for the new album, of course!

For Hungarians and Hungarian speakers I have a WT fan magazine on http://hotdog.hu.
There is the link: http://www.hotdog.hu/magazin/magazin.hot?m_id=25706
15.12.2010 - 12:50
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
The new song (Where Is The Edge) sounds crap. Although it's not a wonder, after hearing Utopia last year.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
20.12.2010 - 01:11
Cyroth

Utopia was kind of nice, although I miss their "Enter" sound
----
30.12.2010 - 21:31
Ménade

This was my favorite band few years ago, but I don't know how it's going to be their new album, they have changed a lot, all their albums are different... Maybe the Silent Force and The Heart of Everything are similar between each other... Any way, it's just a matter of time to discover what they are doing.
08.01.2011 - 17:32
Susan
Smeghead
After they changed their sound years ago and released The Silent Force and The Heart of Everything it took me a long time to get back into them. Well now I finally have and it seems they're changing their sound yet again. Naturally I'll try to just roll with it this time but I am a bit worried of course. I haven't heard the new song... I'll just wait for the album and cross my fingers!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
10.01.2011 - 22:21
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 03.11.2008 at 05:37

Yeah I stopped listening to them after the Mother Earth album...that was their last good album...

Agreed, but even on Mother Earth it was the atmosphere, not strong songwriting that made it an album to have. There was a lot of raw power, but the melodies where a bit too simplistic and predictable. Plus, I didn't enjoy Sharon's Kate Bush impersonation at all, it was awful. On the positive side: Mother Earth remains my favorite album to listen to on warm summer nights, when I go to take a walk in the woods, hugging trees and dancing around in the darkness like a retarded woodelf
11.01.2011 - 00:01
Susan
Smeghead
Totally agree about Mother Earth. The songwriting is very simplistic and that works in its favor. Great atmosphere and performances making the songs so easy to love. Your description of listening to Mother Earth in the summertime is perfect

I used to be one of those people who hated everything after Mother Earth. I thought Enter, The Dance and Mother Earth were the only worthwhile albums and that the band had "sold out" afterwards. I've since come to realize that the next two albums are quite wonderful and I'm kicking myself for being a snob for so long and missing out on this music. The only person who suffered was me Now I can't get enough of this band's excellent and interesting evolution from Enter all the way up to The Heart of Everything. It's not groundbreaking music, they're just a very enjoyable band so...... enjoy it!
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
31.01.2011 - 01:12
Elodie Artour
Slania
My personal favourite WT album is "The Silent Force," although it has been like a glimpse of commercial things to come for the band. So far, the only record that has been extremely hard for me to get into is for sure "The Heart Of Everything" being soo "untrue," commercial and different in comparison with their previous ones. I definitely miss their old sound but I do like their last release, as well. Can't say the same about the new songs, though (such as "Utopia" and "Where Is The Edge" which are all pretty disturbing... : )
----
28.09.2022 - 16:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Within Temptation has extra show eded in their US tour whit special support from and Plague Of Stars
04.10.2022 Skyway theatre in Minneapolis in Minnesota

Plague Of Stars comments
Good Morning Everyone!
Huge Last Minute Show Announcement. Plague of Stars has been selected as direct support for Within Temptation this Tuesday October 4th at the Skyway Theatre Mainstage. This is an act that inspired us to start this band, so that to say this is a huge full circle moment, is an understatement!

Please share with your friends. We are honored to also share the stage with our friends in Aftertime opening the show. Mark your Calendars for Tuesday!

Plague of Stars

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=496232015846706&set=a.434549952014913
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing