Metal Storm logo
Another US metal thread...

Original post

Posted by , 17.05.2006 - 16:01
I've started this thread as the old thread got deleted with the new site.

This is a thread about bands like: Manilla Road, Agent Steel, Jag Panzer, Cirith Ungol, Circle II Circle, Whilplash, Forbidden, Attacker, Deadly Blessing, Catch 22, Imagika, Hammers of Misfortune, Liege Lord, Apollo Ra, Pharoh, Q5, Crimson Glory, etc.

I've got the Beyond Fear album and I can say it's one hell of an album, if you into old school heavy metal, but with an up to date sound you've got to deffenetly get it.

What do you thing of Midnight's return to Crimson Glory? Any expectations?

Any news from the Agent Steel camp?
19.11.2009 - 03:57
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by MétalNoir on 19.11.2009 at 02:30

Written by BitterCOld on 19.11.2009 at 02:24

Written by MétalNoir on 17.11.2009 at 15:41

US METAL SUCKS!!!

Written by MétalNoir on 19.11.2009 at 02:11

. Since I'm "Canadian" (I don't think of myself as a Canadian, since I'm a French Quebecer but anyway), it would be much easier to attend good shows if I was into US metal... How very unfortunate...

lol. just sad. although the follow-up quote explains a lot, i guess.

What does that mean, exactly?

I'm pretty sure he's saying your snobbery is a bit pathetic and flat-out laughable.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
19.11.2009 - 12:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 18.11.2009 at 23:16

-Hard Rock (Whitesnake, White Lion, Twisted Sister, Dokken,...)

I would call Whitesnake english band since Davod Coverdaile is english , its no metetrs if they based in USA still its not true USA band, even Ozzy is living in USA he alawys be english guy
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.11.2009 - 21:02
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by Doc G. on 19.11.2009 at 03:57

Written by MétalNoir on 19.11.2009 at 02:30

Written by BitterCOld on 19.11.2009 at 02:24

Written by MétalNoir on 17.11.2009 at 15:41

US METAL SUCKS!!!

Written by MétalNoir on 19.11.2009 at 02:11

. Since I'm "Canadian" (I don't think of myself as a Canadian, since I'm a French Quebecer but anyway), it would be much easier to attend good shows if I was into US metal... How very unfortunate...

lol. just sad. although the follow-up quote explains a lot, i guess.

What does that mean, exactly?

I'm pretty sure he's saying your snobbery is a bit pathetic and flat-out laughable.

Maybe you should read more carefully, I wasn't snubbing anything... And to me it sounds more like a racist comment, but I might be wrong. Anyway, I don't give a shit, let's discuss the thread.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....
19.11.2009 - 21:41
DayFly

Metalomorphis, why do you even real that ugly head of yours in this thread? It's not like you can contribute in any way.
20.11.2009 - 00:59
Hexenmeister

Have any of you listened to the new Ignitor album, 'The Spider Queen?'

I am loving this album! (The artwork is hilariously awesome as well.)

www.myspace.com/ignitor
24.02.2010 - 14:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
So who likes Chastain? They're a US power/speed/heavy metal band that started in the 80's. I just ordered the re-released and remastered two album compilation, The Voice of the Cult and The 7th of Never, on one disc, but I heard that some songs were shortened so that they'd fit on one disc. Hopefully it's good!
24.02.2010 - 15:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Dangerboner on 24.02.2010 at 14:41

So who likes Chastain? They're a US power/speed/heavy metal band that started in the 80's. I just ordered the re-released and remastered two album compilation, The Voice of the Cult and The 7th of Never, on one disc, but I heard that some songs were shortened so that they'd fit on one disc. Hopefully it's good!

Chastain is a really good band. Also try to get hold of Ruler Of The Wasteland which feature really powerful female vocals by Leather Leone
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.02.2010 - 15:43
MeTalRea|istiK

Chastain is awesome.ruler of the wasteland is the best!!
24.02.2010 - 16:22
DayFly

If you like Chastain you might also want to try out Leather's solo album, it's the same thing.
24.02.2010 - 16:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by DayFly on 24.02.2010 at 16:22

If you like Chastain you might also want to try out Leather's solo album, it's the same thing.

Yeah, it actually sounds like a Chastain album.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.04.2010 - 00:01
Hellish Star

A few bands to pay your attention on:

MORBID SIN - with Bobby Lucas (Overlorde, Seven Witches). It's a mixture between traditional metal, doom, US Power, Thrash...

Check http://www.myspace.com/morbidsin

-------

MILITIA - technical US Thrash Metal in vein of Helstar, Flotsam & Jetsam, Heathen, Watchtower, Hades, ....

Check http://www.myspace.com/militia89

-------

RELENTLESS - Old school US Power/Thrash for fans of especially MEGADETH and MELIAH RAGE. You'll witness screaming fast fingered guitars, razor sharp riffs, clean and aggressive vocals.... Their demo is FANTASTIC

Check http://www.myspace.com/relentless13
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
14.04.2010 - 20:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Hellish Star on 14.04.2010 at 00:01

A few bands to pay your attention on:

Now IM looking in MA about USA bands I have saved many band sto check out but Morbid Sin I alredsay know , in this year I will discovere many new bands from USA and journey true MA country by country ends .... + 1 more year to hear alls aved myspace bands and vib of doom :shit7:
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.06.2010 - 05:28
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I recently discovered Invicta a pretty unknown USPM act and they kick major ass. I would recommend anyone into Power/Thrash to check them out. You can find their songs on youtube or myspace; though I've only heard songs from their debut We Live For Heavy Metal I would imagine their newer stuff is good too.
----
The force will be with you, always.