Metal Storm logo
Judas Priest

Original post

Posted by Demonizer, 17.05.2006 - 17:11
ha! now I've got the opportunity to open a thread for my fav band, I'll certainly take it!!

So who else is curious about the new album?? apparantly the band is hoping to start their next tour in early 2007
23.08.2009 - 23:06
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 23.08.2009 at 21:59

What did make me sad though is that they played their whole British Steel album (which was much better live), and not so many other tracks. Not even Electric Eye! D:

Yeah that's exactly the reason why I haven't seen JP on their last couple of tours. I couldn't tell if they were going to play the entire Nostradamus album live before, and now that they're playing the British Steel album, I just have no interest. I'd love to see them play a normal set though
23.08.2009 - 23:46
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
What a sick idea to play whole one album when they have 30 years of history to choose songs for a set
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

24.08.2009 - 01:26
Nosurper
Stinky Lips

Priest rocked my fucking face off last night. I've never seen Priest live before, but I must say that Rob Halford was fucking awesome for being so old and out of shape. He didn't really move around a lot, but his stage presence is incomparable to any frontman I've seen live before (Even Bruce Dickinson). His presence alone was fucking INTENSE. What did make me sad though is that they played their whole British Steel album (which was much better live), and not so many other tracks. Not even Electric Eye! D: But they did play The Ripper and Victim of Changes, and I went ape-shit rockin' to those tunes! >:[

NICE F&S!, i too was also at the show. It was also my first Priest show and I have got to say that you are so right when it comes to Halfords presence on stage. He is one of the godfathers of all things metal, and he knows it! I thought he was going to crush the mic in his hands on multiple occasions . I'm defintely not a fan of British Steel, however it sure was a HELL of a lot better live. "United" was actually a really fun song live and shed away almost all of its corniness.

And when "Freewheel Burning" started after he brought out the bike I pretty much lost it. Definetly my favorite song of the night. My voice is still recovering from yelling "PRIIIEEESSTTT" all night.
----
24.08.2009 - 09:31
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 23.08.2009 at 23:06

and now that they're playing the British Steel album, I just have no interest. I'd love to see them play a normal set though

I know... It was kinda a drag, but like Stasis said, the album was much, MUCH better live. Even You Don't Have to Be Old to Be Wise.

Written by Nosurper on 24.08.2009 at 01:26

Priest rocked my fucking face off last night. I've never seen Priest live before, but I must say that Rob Halford was fucking awesome for being so old and out of shape. He didn't really move around a lot, but his stage presence is incomparable to any frontman I've seen live before (Even Bruce Dickinson). His presence alone was fucking INTENSE. What did make me sad though is that they played their whole British Steel album (which was much better live), and not so many other tracks. Not even Electric Eye! D: But they did play The Ripper and Victim of Changes, and I went ape-shit rockin' to those tunes! >:[

NICE F&S!, i too was also at the show. It was also my first Priest show and I have got to say that you are so right when it comes to Halfords presence on stage. He is one of the godfathers of all things metal, and he knows it! I thought he was going to crush the mic in his hands on multiple occasions . I'm defintely not a fan of British Steel, however it sure was a HELL of a lot better live. "United" was actually a really fun song live and shed away almost all of its corniness.

And when "Freewheel Burning" started after he brought out the bike I pretty much lost it. Definetly my favorite song of the night. My voice is still recovering from yelling "PRIIIEEESSTTT" all night.

Yeah man, my neck is still sore from rockin' so fucking hard. XP But what was up with that Kix band. They were like a shitty, fruity AC/DC. At first I didn't mind them, because they wer much better than the awful band before them... But my god... They got annoying *real* fast thanks to their overly-queer vocalist babbling on for 20 minutes between songs...
24.08.2009 - 21:55
Warlock84
Quote:

Yeah man, my neck is still sore from rockin' so fucking hard. XP But what was up with that Kix band. They were like a shitty, fruity AC/DC. At first I didn't mind them, because they wer much better than the awful band before them... But my god... They got annoying *real* fast thanks to their overly-queer vocalist babbling on for 20 minutes between songs...

That show was incredible. It was the first time ever seeing Priest and I was blown away. I would've much prefered Whitesnake over Kix, but I had a good laugh over it regardless. And yes... Pop Evil was terrible!!! Overall though it was worth enduring them with a few beers in me and knowing Priest was gonna tear the house down. And they certainly did... when I heard the intro to Hell Patrol I about shit myself.
----
All we are is the passion that burns inside us
24.08.2009 - 22:32
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Warlock84 on 24.08.2009 at 21:55

when I heard the intro to Hell Patrol I about shit myself.

I think my "shit myself moment" was when I heard the opening to The Ripper. Do they usually play that live?
24.08.2009 - 23:55
Warlock84
Quote:

I think my "shit myself moment" was when I heard the opening to The Ripper. Do they usually play that live?

Honestly, I'm not sure man. That was my first time seeing them. I know that on the Rising In The East DVD they play it, as well as a few older DVDs I think as well. Regardless, it was awesome. He's still got that voice. Victims Of Changes was amazing. I noticed he added a lot of double bass in some of the songs too. I can't wait to see them again.
----
25.08.2009 - 00:41
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Happy birthday to 58 years old living legend
----

25.08.2009 - 07:52
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 24.08.2009 at 09:31

Written by Dangerboner on 23.08.2009 at 23:06

and now that they're playing the British Steel album, I just have no interest. I'd love to see them play a normal set though

I know... It was kinda a drag, but like Stasis said, the album was much, MUCH better live. Even You Don't Have to Be Old to Be Wise.

Written by Nosurper on 24.08.2009 at 01:26

Ha, yeah I was talking to an older guy that was talking to me about the Kix band. He told me they were a local band, obviously 80's hair metal. Definetly nothing to get musically excited over, I did get a laugh out of them though. Whitesnakes replacement I guess. Honestly all I could think of when they were playing was that KIX...cereal. I was just waiting for it to rain little corn puffs all over the stage.
----
25.08.2009 - 11:31
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Nosurper on 25.08.2009 at 07:52

Ha, yeah I was talking to an older guy that was talking to me about the Kix band. He told me they were a local band, obviously 80's hair metal. Definetly nothing to get musically excited over, I did get a laugh out of them though. Whitesnakes replacement I guess. Honestly all I could think of when they were playing was that KIX...cereal. I was just waiting for it to rain little corn puffs all over the stage.

Yeah, they have a song called Kix Are for Kids, btw.

Written by Warlock84 on 24.08.2009 at 23:55

Quote:

Honestly, I'm not sure man. That was my first time seeing them. I know that on the Rising In The East DVD they play it, as well as a few older DVDs I think as well. Regardless, it was awesome. He's still got that voice. Victims Of Changes was amazing. I noticed he added a lot of double bass in some of the songs too. I can't wait to see them again.

Yeah, that little double bass touch really rocked some of the songs harder. I liked it.
25.08.2009 - 14:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Kix were never hair metal... just standard fair metal/hard rock in the vein of AC/DC
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.08.2009 - 14:51
Warman
Erotic Stains
For me "Painkiller" is the "shit in my pants"-moment.
----
25.08.2009 - 16:11
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
For me it would be "Breaking The Law"...but the question is, if i would ever hear it live...
----

25.08.2009 - 22:46
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.08.2009 at 14:50

Kix were never hair metal... just standard fair metal/hard rock in the vein of AC/DC

Oh, that's what the dude I was talking to told me. I was quick to believe him since the lead singer was pulling bananas out of his pants...not that all glam bands do that kind of goofy shit, but just seemed to me like it kind of fit the bill.
----
27.08.2009 - 08:33
Warlock84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8M2zFJjnnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSgQosB4kNo

Enjoy!!! Whoever took these- I thank you!!!! It was amazing as hell!!!

I still can't get over the fact they played Hell Patrol....
----
27.08.2009 - 09:23
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Well...i am seriously missing some action on stage - especially in Breaking The Law...dunno, maybe if i were there, i would speak in other way, but now i have to say i am not impressed
----

28.08.2009 - 21:42
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Warman on 25.08.2009 at 14:51

for me it was when they started "Eat Me Alive", i thought they were gonna just slow the track down like they did on their 2005 DVD but HOLY SHIT MONKEYS MASTURBATING ON MY HEAD when the drumbeat started awesomeness ensued!! best sex-song i've ever heard.
28.08.2009 - 22:58
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 28.08.2009 at 21:42

for me it was when they started "Eat Me Alive", i thought they were gonna just slow the track down like they did on their 2005 DVD but HOLY SHIT MONKEYS MASTURBATING ON MY HEAD when the drumbeat started awesomeness ensued!! best sex-song i've ever heard.

Yeah, I wish they would have played more than Free Wheel Burning from the Defenders of the Faith album when I saw them. Eat Me Alive would have been raw as fuck... So would have been The Sentinel. I was really hoping to hear that one.
28.08.2009 - 23:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.08.2009 at 22:58

Yeah, I wish they would have played more than Free Wheel Burning from the Defenders of the Faith album when I saw them. Eat Me Alive would have been raw as fuck... So would have been The Sentinel. I was really hoping to hear that one.

DISAPPOINTMENT is what you get when you fail to check out a band's setlist before you go to their concert
28.08.2009 - 23:34
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 28.08.2009 at 23:29

Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.08.2009 at 22:58

DISAPPOINTMENT is what you get when you fail to check out a band's setlist before you go to their concert

Yeah, I usually don't look up tour setlists, because I like to be surprised. Sometimes though, it's not a good surprise... Like waking up to find poop in your slippers when you put them on. >:[
29.08.2009 - 00:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I am not checking setlists either..knowing exactly what will be played ruins all surprises...yes, it prevents you from being disappointed, like i was on Edguys gig, when they missed Vain Glory Opera, though they played it on previous tour dates, but still the greater feeling is, when the first tones of your favorite song start
----

10.10.2009 - 18:16
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Judas Priest.It has to be them.Iron Maiden were never as fast and rabid as judas Priest.Priest even at the twilight of their lives they are alive and kicking.Judas Priest-my all-time favourite band.
10.10.2009 - 21:51
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Hermann Langke on 10.10.2009 at 18:16

Judas Priest.It has to be them.Iron Maiden were never as fast and rabid as judas Priest.Priest even at the twilight of their lives they are alive and kicking.Judas Priest-my all-time favourite band.

I'd have to say Maiden is a bit more "alive" than Priest these days. Have you seen both of them live recently? :O
10.10.2009 - 22:26
Derwood
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 10.10.2009 at 21:51

I'd have to say Maiden is a bit more "alive" than Priest these days. Have you seen both of them live recently? :O

ROFL

I haven't had the chance to see Maiden, but I've seen Priest twice; on the Painkiller tour and again last year. While Rob can certainly still work the crowd like the old pro that he is, their show is definitely a little less energetic than it was in the early 90's. Still a good show and thoroughly entertaining (especially "Dissident Aggressor" and "Eat Me Alive"), but Priest have lost a step over the years on stage.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
10.10.2009 - 22:47
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Derwood on 10.10.2009 at 22:26

ROFL

I haven't had the chance to see Maiden, but I've seen Priest twice; on the Painkiller tour and again last year. While Rob can certainly still work the crowd like the old pro that he is, their show is definitely a little less energetic than it was in the early 90's. Still a good show and thoroughly entertaining (especially "Dissident Aggressor" and "Eat Me Alive"), but Priest have lost a step over the years on stage.

Yeah, both bands put on a great show, but I'd have to say that it's obvious that Bruce Dickinson has kept himself in better shape than Rob Halford.
11.10.2009 - 04:46
Bruce Dickinson has certainly found the fountain of youth, I can't believe how energetic Maiden is live at their age. Definitely one of the best live bands around to this day.

----
'We entered Winter once again...The sun sets forever over Blackwater park'
11.10.2009 - 18:16
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps

i do not have the privilege and money.and besides Priest are unlikely to tour India.Double horns up to Priest
11.10.2009 - 19:52
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Hermann Langke on 11.10.2009 at 18:16

i do not have the privilege and money.and besides Priest are unlikely to tour India.Double horns up to Priest

Oh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. :/
12.10.2009 - 19:02
Hermann Langke
Brahmastra Corps
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 11.10.2009 at 19:52

Written by Hermann Langke on 11.10.2009 at 18:16

Oh, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. :/

yup buddy that sucks.so which is your fav. judas priest album?.
12.10.2009 - 20:44
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Hermann Langke on 12.10.2009 at 19:02

so which is your fav. judas priest album?.

Sad Wings of Destiny is probably my favorite album by Priest. I love their pre-British Steel era stuff. Defenders of the Faith runs a close second though.