Metal Storm logo
Do you know about my country?

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 17.05.2006 - 17:39
SO, the idea of this tread would be something similar to the late 'The Rest Of The World' s,: say something about your country, where it is, some history, and something you find important saying. I'm going to post about my country, but not right now.
26.08.2008 - 05:53
PsychoNerd
Oi, i live in Australia, our icons are the kangaroo and emu and we all love our beer and pies and everything taste's better with tomato sauce, ( this is so stereotypical im scaring myself) we are true blue. Crocodile Dundee is cool though. I don't know about you but im going to the pub.
----
The computer Nerd
26.08.2008 - 08:08
Oracle
Orcinus
haha What he said ^^
Every one here wears hats with corks hanging off them. I even wear one. Oh and flannelet shirts are definitely the fashion here. everyone wears if their Aussie. And we all talk like Crocodile Dundee. Everyone loves laminations and Pavlovas here and pies... You cant go wrong with a good pie. I might just head down to the pub too.

Haha nah thats all just stereotypical.

Where i live we always get kangaroos In the backyard. Living in the bush is lovely because of the wildlife in there and its just peaceful listening to all the birds singing. It shits on living in the city any day. I dont know what else to say about Australia... Ill think of something later.
26.08.2008 - 22:48
Black Winter
Well,first some historic details about my country
As far as I can remember,it's the amusing myth about Elissa(Queen Dido) creating Carthage starting from a piece of land in the size of a goat leather,this country growing and rising against Rome,waging three long wars(the punic wars) that ended in favour of the romans and there they spread their control over Tunisia,until the arab invasion,Tunisia was occupied by France from 1881 to 1956,then the recent republic was formed.
Tunisia is a country that you would not hear of a lot on the news mainly because of the socially peaceful regime and because of its neutral positions on many issues,because,since the second world war,tunisian activists and then tunisian governments decided not to pledge allegence to any camp.
Tunisia is a country with quasi-absent natural resources,a small size,and a small population of 10 millions
It is located on north Africa on the mediterranean,to the south of sicily,it's climate is diverse,from the desert in the south to the forests in the north.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
26.08.2008 - 23:48
Insects Of Death
Account deleted
Written by [user id=26446] on 26.08.2008 at 13:50

Written by [user id=34145] on 26.08.2008 at 05:19

i live here in the states
and to cut out all the small talk were known world wide as assholes and bullys and we have a high percentage of fat asses

Can you see why...? Look at who runs your country, one of the biggest wankers who ever lived. All he cares about is his own filthy interests and the oil supply not how many innocents are slaughtered for the cause willingly. Nothing against you lot as people, but your president thinks he rules the world and has the right to tell every leader how to act and govern thier nations, the USA is NOT the king of the world and has NO right to tell anyone how to live and that's what I hate most about this country how much influence your country has over us and England then again with a prime minister who had his head so far up Bush's ass it's hardly surprising is it...?

dude totally no offense taken hell i agree with like everything you said
27.08.2008 - 01:11
Ernis
狼獾
Written by [user id=26446] on 26.08.2008 at 13:50

Written by [user id=34145] on 26.08.2008 at 05:19

i live here in the states
and to cut out all the small talk were known world wide as assholes and bullys and we have a high percentage of fat asses

Can you see why...? Look at who runs your country, one of the biggest wankers who ever lived. All he cares about is his own filthy interests and the oil supply not how many innocents are slaughtered for the cause willingly. Nothing against you lot as people, but your president thinks he rules the world and has the right to tell every leader how to act and govern thier nations, the USA is NOT the king of the world and has NO right to tell anyone how to live and that's what I hate most about this country how much influence your country has over us and England then again with a prime minister who had his head so far up Bush's ass it's hardly surprising is it...?

The other such dude's Putin, the prime minister and ex-president of Muva Russia....
At least he's got some more brains than Georgie but somehow whenever Bush does something wrong, it's all covered-up and justified and said "Well, at least he does all of it to bring world democracy!" and when Putin COPIES the actions of Bush then everyone (including Bush) say "Oh, no, you're a selfish bastard!"

So weird that there are two very much similar forces on earth...but somehow one's sins are justified and the other can't do absolutely anything without being cursed....
27.08.2008 - 15:05
Macedonia
Account deleted
I will write something about modern history of Macedonia.

8 sep 1991 Macedonians have declared for "independence and sovereign Republic of Mecedonia". The reference "republic" is a clear distance to the north greek province whch Athens occupated with the bucurest deal on 10 aug 1913.

92-95 Greece put economic embargo to our young and weak country and blocked our enter in UN. We enter in Un on 8 apr 1993 with the reference the former yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia and we change our historical flag.

2001 Albanians in Macedonia started war conflict because they werent satisfated with their rights (2 years before that we gave shelter to over 400000 Albanians from Kosovo when Milovesevic expel them from Serbia)This war was "thank you" I supose

Now we expect to be a member of NATO and EU but I dont think that will be in near future.
01.09.2008 - 11:26
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by PsychoNerd on 26.08.2008 at 05:53

Oi, i live in Australia, our icons are the kangaroo and emu and we all love our beer and pies and everything taste's better with tomato sauce, ( this is so stereotypical im scaring myself) we are true blue. Crocodile Dundee is cool though. I don't know about you but im going to the pub.

Oh hi, I live in a small backward Latin American country called Spain, which is located somewhere near Mexico. Here, it is every child's dream to become a bullfighter, as bullfighters are national heroes and there are only three possible jobs in this country - farming, killing bulls or playing for Real Madrid. All of us are dark-skinned, religious, short, loud and smell like olive oil. The Catholic Church is still the main power ruling the country, each major city has a beach, Antonio Banderas and Penélope Cruz star in all of our movies, and the Army recently invaded some Moroccan areas. brb inquisition
01.09.2008 - 11:58
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Oracle on 26.08.2008 at 08:08

haha What he said ^^
Every one here wears hats with corks hanging off them. I even wear one. Oh and flannelet shirts are definitely the fashion here. everyone wears if their Aussie. And we all talk like Crocodile Dundee. Everyone loves laminations and Pavlovas here and pies... You cant go wrong with a good pie. I might just head down to the pub too.

Haha nah thats all just stereotypical.

Where i live we always get kangaroos In the backyard. Living in the bush is lovely because of the wildlife in there and its just peaceful listening to all the birds singing. It shits on living in the city any day. I dont know what else to say about Australia... Ill think of something later.

wow, i can't imagine the number of tourists going there, and when they get out of the airport they ask the first man they can see, "i thought you were all tall, healthy, tanned people who love the outdoors, have a pet koala and talk like Steve Irwin!!"

on a side note though, i'd love to visit Australia once, or New Zealand, the nature is pretty stunning. this might sound cliche but do New-Zealanders have accents too?(sometimes i find it hard to understand people with aussie accent )
01.09.2008 - 17:06
Black Winter
Written by Taktsekte on 01.09.2008 at 11:26

Oh hi, I live in a small backward Latin American country called Spain, which is located somewhere near Mexico. Here, it is every child's dream to become a bullfighter, as bullfighters are national heroes and there are only three possible jobs in this country - farming, killing bulls or playing for Real Madrid. All of us are dark-skinned, religious, short, loud and smell like olive oil. The Catholic Church is still the main power ruling the country, each major city has a beach, Antonio Banderas and Penélope Cruz star in all of our movies, and the Army recently invaded some Moroccan areas. brb inquisition

and Tango is in every person's blood
and no one gets to bed before 1 A.M
and you all dress in red
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
01.09.2008 - 19:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Black Winter on 01.09.2008 at 17:06

and you all dress in red

Tango's from Argentine....even though lots of people think it's a Finnish dance....
02.09.2008 - 00:56
Black Winter
Written by Ernis on 01.09.2008 at 19:33

Written by Black Winter on 01.09.2008 at 17:06

and you all dress in red

Tango's from Argentine....even though lots of people think it's a Finnish dance....

okay,all I know is that it's from latin america,and spain is a backward latin amrican country.
----

T u n i s i a F r e e !
02.09.2008 - 02:18
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
well Bosnia and Herzegovina small country in fuckin balkans
if u were watching CNN in 90's im sure u heard for Bosnia, if u r little older and u like olympics you should know for Sarajevo Olympic game in 1984
if anyone wants to know more just ask
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
02.09.2008 - 02:21
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Nexus on 17.05.2008 at 21:47

We slaughtered a bunch of Amerindians; and so here we are.

I didn't.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
02.09.2008 - 02:35
Fhuesc
15% of the species that are consumed in the world, came originally from Mexico.

Mexico was an empire one that extended from half USA till Panama, it only lasted one year.

Our full and official name it's Mexican United States.

The real name of Pancho Villa it's Doroteo Arango
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
02.09.2008 - 12:20
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Fhuesc on 02.09.2008 at 02:35

15% of the species that are consumed in the world, came originally from Mexico.

Mexico was an empire one that extended from half USA till Panama, it only lasted one year.

Our full and official name it's Mexican United States.

The real name of Pancho Villa it's Doroteo Arango

and USA like always stole someones land, damn
----
Erno Paasilinna
02.09.2008 - 12:28
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
The USA did NOT steal half of Mexico, they bought it after they won the war! Even if the causes that lead to the war between Mexico and USA/Texas were the Texan colonists' desire for continued slavery.
02.09.2008 - 13:35
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Doc G. on 02.09.2008 at 02:21

I didn't.

By we, I meant our collective forefathers, of course.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
02.09.2008 - 16:52
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Taktsekte on 02.09.2008 at 12:28

The USA did NOT steal half of Mexico, they bought it after they won the war! Even if the causes that lead to the war between Mexico and USA/Texas were the Texan colonists' desire for continued slavery.

like always, for what price? 1buck
----
Erno Paasilinna
03.09.2008 - 02:02
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Nexus on 02.09.2008 at 13:35

I didn't.

Well, I'm part Metis (of french descent, not enough to qualify for indian status though), and my othe half is of Irish descent which came over during potato famines and were poor as dirt when we got here, which was well after the destruction of the native culture began, so I'm happy knowing my forefathers had very little hand in the slaughtering of the amerindians, if any at all.
----
- George Carlin
03.09.2008 - 04:01
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Doc G. on 03.09.2008 at 02:02

Written by Nexus on 02.09.2008 at 13:35

I didn't.

Well, I'm part Metis (of french descent, not enough to qualify for indian status though), and my othe half is of Irish descent which came over during potato famines and were poor as dirt when we got here, which was well after the destruction of the native culture began, so I'm happy knowing my forefathers had very little hand in the slaughtering of the amerindians, if any at all.

My mistake. I should edit that to the French and English.
----
03.09.2008 - 04:32
Ernis
狼獾

How well do you know French and Irish language? : )
03.09.2008 - 04:39
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Ernis on 03.09.2008 at 04:32

I used to be somewhat fluent in french growing up in Ontario (right across a river from Quebec) so naturally it was a requirement in my schools, but when I moved to alberta about 7 years ago I gradually lost it, now I only have a vague grasp on it, I can understand some people and sometimes get the jist of a conversation, but I can no longer speak or write in french. As far as Irish goes, I've been told by many people that its easy to tell I'm from Irish descent because apparently there is a slight irish sound to my voice (so Ive been told), but as far as any type of Gaelic language goes I'm completely knowledgeless....I created a new word.
----
- George Carlin
03.09.2008 - 13:46
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Doc G. on 03.09.2008 at 04:39

I used to be somewhat fluent in french growing up in Ontario (right across a river from Quebec) so naturally it was a requirement in my schools, but when I moved to alberta about 7 years ago I gradually lost it, now I only have a vague grasp on it, I can understand some people and sometimes get the jist of a conversation, but I can no longer speak or write in french. As far as Irish goes, I've been told by many people that its easy to tell I'm from Irish descent because apparently there is a slight irish sound to my voice (so Ive been told), but as far as any type of Gaelic language goes I'm completely knowledgeless....I created a new word.

Hm... I thought that french was mandatory in school all over Canada, but I guess not ... It must just be Quebec's neighbouring countries. We're such bullies, haha.
----
03.09.2008 - 16:10
Abattoir
Staff
Slovenian bastard here Well, shortly said, our country is quite small (2 milion of people lives in)...it is kinda very heterogeneous...so, very different countrysides on such a small area as is Slovenia. Basicly living here is quite normal, calm and very safe. I pretty much like our little country
06.09.2008 - 02:23
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Nexus on 03.09.2008 at 13:46

Written by Doc G. on 03.09.2008 at 04:39

Hm... I thought that french was mandatory in school all over Canada, but I guess not ... It must just be Quebec's neighbouring countries. We're such bullies, haha.

In Alberta its mandatory until like grade 6 or something. Even then, the french program was terrible I failed it because I found myself correcting the teacher on a lot of things, and I barely have a grasp on the language.
----
- George Carlin
06.09.2008 - 17:59
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Abattoir on 03.09.2008 at 16:10

Slovenian bastard here Well, shortly said, our country is quite small (2 milion of people lives in)...it is kinda very heterogeneous...so, very different countrysides on such a small area as is Slovenia. Basicly living here is quite normal, calm and very safe. I pretty much like our little country

and mostly known by "Velikanka" the Planica ski flying hill, greatest one in whole world
----
Erno Paasilinna
06.09.2008 - 20:40
Abattoir
Staff
Written by EddieGunner on 06.09.2008 at 17:59

and mostly known by "Velikanka" the Planica ski flying hill, greatest one in whole world

Definitely When there are ski flying jumps in Planica, I could say easily that this is more like ''getting drunk weekend'' and not watching of ski jumps ...but still, it is the best party weekend in the whole year.
06.09.2008 - 20:45
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by Abattoir on 06.09.2008 at 20:40

Definitely When there are ski flying jumps in Planica, I could say easily that this is more like ''getting drunk weekend'' and not watching of ski jumps ...but still, it is the best party weekend in the whole year.

he hee
thats reason why some jumper just jump first day of weekend he hee, hangover don't allow second and 3rd day jump

btw Metal Camp weekend is also what promotes slovenia in world
----
Erno Paasilinna
06.09.2008 - 21:02
Abattoir
Staff
Written by EddieGunner on 06.09.2008 at 20:45

Written by Abattoir on 06.09.2008 at 20:40

he hee
thats reason why some jumper just jump first day of weekend he hee, hangover don't allow second and 3rd day jump

btw Metal Camp weekend is also what promotes slovenia in world

Definitely...I think it's getting every year bigger and bigger attention and support of metalheads from everywhere. Which is positive of course.
15.09.2008 - 12:34
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Well, mAD_lINe said everyone knows about China, USA, Spain, Portugal and their partners, but there are some facts about my country that you might not know:

- Spain is partly responsible for European drunkenness. Before the arrival of Muslims, alcoholic beverages (like Gothic beer or Roman wine) were produced by natural fermentation, it was the Arabs who introduced distillation to Europe via Al-Andalus and Christian Spain. Alembics and pot stills reached the rest of Christian Europe, giving birth to North European vodka, Irish whisky and various spirits. It's funny that a civilization which prohibited the consumption of alcohol (the Arabs) contributed to alcoholism -albeit among European Christians- in such a decisive way.

- The Spanish deck of cards, called "baraja española" in Spanish, exists since the Middle Ages and is much more popular in the Iberian peninsula and Latin America than Anglo-American or French decks. Spain (Vitoria, Basque Country) hosts the biggest playing card producer in the world, Naipes de Heraclio Fournier SA, printing 16 million decks a year for all casinos on Earth. In addition, the most popular Spanish card game among university students and professional players, mus, was invented by Basques in the Basque Country and Navarre.

- The first modern novel in European literature is Tirant Lo Blanch, written in Medieval Catalan by Valencian author Joanot Martorell, published in 1490 in Valencia.

- Napoleon's first military defeat ever took place in the Battle of Bailén (July 1808) against Spanish soldiers and insurgents. It was during the Peninsular War (i.e. Spanish resistance against Napoleonic occupation) that the concept "guerrilla" started, and this word penetrated other languages later, like English.

- The Spanish Navy has the oldest Marine Corps in the world, created in 1537.