02. Deformed Creatures Pavilion
03. Skinned A Crazy Fat
04. Crushed Prophecy
05. Psychiatrist's Depraved Games
06. Nurse In Cannibal´S Orgy
07. Dancing With My Son's Corpse
08. Interns With Broken Pussy
09. Apocalyptic Crucifixion

This was a great year for the Colombian Brutal Death Metal scene, Ancient Necropsy Released "Apocalyptic Empire", Goretrade delivered great songs in "Perception Of Hate" and Carnivore Diprosopus shocked many people with their second full length album called "Madhouse's Macabre Acts.

These extreme musicians delivered a true brain crusher this time, the brutality shown in every tune surrounding this CD is magnificent; they truly surpassed themselves with this "Filled My Stomach With A Pregnant\'s Corpse" follow up. While in their past productions the music was a little muddy and unorganized, "Madhouse's? shows a more experienced band with better ideas and a lot of chronological sequences all along the album. The best example would come in the songwriting; most songs (maybe all) are characterized with demanding structures and a lot of catchy scales which make the music more accurate and complex at the same time.

This is their second full length, so there are some flaws here and there obviously?mostly in the execution segment; there are a couple of songs (for example "Skinned A Crazy Fat") showing untied lines and rigid riffs, though this can be fixed with more practice and flexible execution so it's not that important. The truth is Carnivore Diprosopus is developing a great brutal force, and I'm sure the band will accomplish overwhelming things in a not so distant future.

This album is a MUST if you dig the brutal genre; you'll find super-catchy riffs, versatility in the vocal-work, great songwriting, astonishing brutality, and more things I won't say because I don't want to spoil the surprise (for example the intro of "Dancing with My Son's Corpse", shocking and really creepy). Madhouse's Macabre Acts is a great album for the metal-heads thirsty for brutal music, gore, structured music and one of the sickest vocals I've heard in years (with no effects whatsoever).

Best Tracks: "Dancing with my Son's Corpse", "Electrotherapy", "Interns with Broken Pussy"

Written by Herzebeth | 21.04.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 10 users
31.07.2010 - 17:08
theflyingmachine

Just heard this album for the first time yesterday. Great stuff. Kind of reminds me of a chaotic version of Effigy for some reason.
31.07.2010 - 17:24
vezzy
Stallmanite
I'll try it out, thanks.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.

Hits total: 3561 | This month: 5