06. Segne deinen Schmerz
07. Amok
08. Dein Weg
09. Supermodel
10. Der Hauch des Lebens
11. Kein Wunder [bonus]
12. Amok [Renegade remix] [bonus]
13. Schwarze Witwe [remix] [bonus]

The industrial metal act Eisbrecher (ice breaker) managed to return during 2010 with its 4th full-length up to date, Eiszeit (ice age), a tiny bit more "commercial" step dare I say and in my humble opinion it will appeal to a wider audience than their already big fanbase. Of course fans of Unheilig, Rammstein, Oomph!, Die Krupps and KMFDM if they don't know them already, which I doubt, should proceed, or even start from their previous releases.

Eiszeit keeps a heavy character but in its overall duration a melodic and more "danceable" feeling take control. Although they never were that heavy during their discography, the compositions are a bit more listener-friendly, thankfully Eisbrecher are professionals enough and quite inspired to support this move with actions. Throughout the album you'll find, for one more time, what I call deutsch lyricism. The one and only responsible for this is Alexx Wesselsky whose vocals are quite expressive and whether he sings with his deep german accent or in a more melodic/emotive way, he fits in perfectly. Electronics play a 50/50 role, either more apparent and dynamic or lending more melodic passages, according to the song, with the rest of the band flowing in the same mood.

All in all, Eiszeit is the natural successor of Sünde, henceforth I don't think that people who enjoyed them before will be disappointed now, on the contrary, the opener "Böse Mädchen" will welcome you in an ideal way, offering its place to the title track, the beautiful and melodic "Die Engel"/"Dein Weg", the dancefloor friendly "Gothkiller" etc. Whether they break the ice or not, the choice is yours.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 6
Production: 9

Written on 15.09.2010 by "It is myself I have never met, whose face is pasted on the underside of my mind."

Comments

Comments: 11   Visited by: 140 users
15.09.2010 - 11:31
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I've been lacking good industrial releases this year so I'll have to check this out.
15.09.2010 - 16:18
Rating: 8
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Written by Guest on 15.09.2010 at 11:31

I've been lacking good industrial releases this year so I'll have to check this out.

Although don't expect something experimental or innovative in terms of industrial, guitar driven industrial in the deutsch vein.
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
15.09.2010 - 16:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by KwonVerge on 15.09.2010 at 16:18

Although don't expect something experimental or innovative in terms of industrial, guitar driven industrial in the deutsch vein.

When it comes to industrial from the Fatherland I rarely expect huge change, just good old efficient pounding beats, heavy metallic guitars and hopefully some typically German sounding vocals
15.09.2010 - 16:35
Rating: 8
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Written by Guest on 15.09.2010 at 16:34

Written by KwonVerge on 15.09.2010 at 16:18

When it comes to industrial from the Fatherland I rarely expect huge change, just good old efficient pounding beats, heavy metallic guitars and hopefully some typically German sounding vocals

Hehe, indeed, not everyone is Neubauten
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
15.09.2010 - 16:44
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by KwonVerge on 15.09.2010 at 16:35

Hehe, indeed, not everyone is Neubauten

Exactly! ^.~
15.09.2010 - 17:10
Rating: 7
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Guest on 15.09.2010 at 11:31

check out Noctiferia - Death Culture. My favourite industrial release this year.
----
loves 小巫
15.09.2010 - 17:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ag Fox on 15.09.2010 at 17:10

check out Noctiferia - Death Culture. My favourite industrial release this year.

Think I saw that mentioned on here already (probably by you actually), I think I assumed they were DSBM and discarded them straight away =P I'll check them out, thanks.
15.09.2010 - 17:23
Rating: 7
Ag Fox
Angel No More
Written by Guest on 15.09.2010 at 17:15

Written by Ag Fox on 15.09.2010 at 17:10

Think I saw that mentioned on here already (probably by you actually), I think I assumed they were DSBM and discarded them straight away =P I'll check them out, thanks.
it was Momo who mentioned it first in your best of 2010 so far thread, I just echoed his thoughts on it after checking it out. Hope you find it good too
----
loves 小巫
15.09.2010 - 19:37
GT
Coffee!!
Think I'll have to check this out. I liked some of their previous works
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.09.2010 - 06:18
Rating: 5
hadriel

Not a huge fan of this style, but Eisbrecher's releases always have a few songs I get hooked on. Same deal here. Good review
22.05.2015 - 23:00
Metalsoul

I really like them, though I heard some people said the way the band sounds, come very close to Rammstein.
To me it doesn't matter as I really like their style in this album too.

Hits total: 6390 | This month: 6