Metal Storm logo
Daniel Landa

10.10.2010 - 23:01
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Today i would like to present you another singer and songwriter from my country, who is among my most favorite.

He started his carrier in late 80ties in Oi! band Orlík. This band for some reason became one of the symbols of early neo-nazism in newborn Czech Republic (Czechoslovakia those days), although I can assure you - disgracefully we have many more "better" and much more radical RAC, skinhead and NSBM bands. Only because of Landa's later popularity mass media never miss any chance to remind this.

Anyway Orlík was disbanded in 1991 and since then there is no real connection between Landa and NS ideology. However, obviously he didnt suddenly become left-wing anarchist. He started solo carrier of "patriotic rock". Haters gonna hate, but i see nothing band in being proud about own country (without some stupid calls for "racial purity"). His songs are easy to get into, appealing on many people, because they are simple, yet forcing you to think about. He sings about history, army, misery of "street life", criminals, society...

He also writes a couple of musicals, made a "rock version" of Mozart's Requiem and covered number of songs of famous czech protest singer from communist era Karel Kryl, which was quite controversial act, but i like it and the truth is, it helped young generation re-discovering Kryl. In his free time he is car racer - autocross, rallye, also trucks for a while.

Some songs - i have hardly selected three for now, because there are so many awesome songs by him...

"Farewells From The Front" - Soldier writes a last goodbye from front to his former fiancée.

"Father" - Father speaks to his daughter on turning point of her childhood. Sounds plain harsh but the text is incredibly deep when one understands it and thinks about it.

"Morituri Te Salutant" - The most famous song remastered from Karel Kryl's original
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

15.10.2010 - 01:57
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Maybe the most beautiful song by him (at least i like it most atm)

----

16.10.2010 - 01:28
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
Good patriotism is dead patriotism, the song you like the most is cute though, i still enjoy quite enough neofolk acts with "obscure" ideology myself, i'm glad most of them sing in german and i don't understand much.

Oi! punk is the street working class punk (i love the angelic upstarts!), i don't know why it became associated with the ideology of hate, probably because such dildos put their nose everywhere so as to propagandize their shit.
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
22.10.2010 - 09:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Written by KwonVerge on 16.10.2010 at 01:28

Good patriotism is dead patriotism

go and say that loudly in Texas or anywhere in America...250 years old country is proud of itself, while European countries with thousand or more years of history are now willing to throw it all away...but that is becoming off-topic and i know i dont have much chances here, where all are so "open-minded"
----

22.10.2010 - 15:45
KwonVerge
Odysseus
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 22.10.2010 at 09:50

Written by KwonVerge on 16.10.2010 at 01:28

Good patriotism is dead patriotism

go and say that loudly in Texas or anywhere in America...250 years old country is proud of itself, while European countries with thousand or more years of history are now willing to throw it all away...but that is becoming off-topic and i know i dont have much chances here, where all are so "open-minded"

Yeah and they drown in blood any place on earth when their patriotism desires more wealth. It's not forgetting about history, it's about being taught by it and history has shown that patriotism no matter where it comes from has caused the greatest amounts of deaths and biggest bloodshed. Patriotism is nothing more but a line of corpses. Nothing to be proud of. And it's not about being"open-minded". It's actually about humanity that has only to share rather than separate one from another. The land belongs to the people, not to the borders that have been built with blood, useless bloodshed in the papers of a monarchy, goverment or more preferably, "democracy". Peace sells, but who's buying. Patriotism is an injection by every goverment, when they shit their pants they feed people with patriotism whereas the only thing the goverment desires is more power, more money and shit and the people are left over believing in their.. patriotism!
----
Dec. 30, 1334.

...And the whiskey and wine entered our veins when blood was too weak to carry on.
04.09.2012 - 22:12
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Found another great song

and about 21 August 1968...

----