Metal Storm logo
Alter Bridge

07.12.2010 - 05:15
MetalSpider
Has anyone heard of this band?

They formed in 2004 by the former guitarist, bassist and drummer of Creed (although they are now back in Creed as well). They have 3 albums out, their latest album was just released in November of this year. Some people say they sound like Creed, with a much better singer. I don't know Creed very well but Alter Bridge's singer/guitarist, Myles Kennedy, is one hell of a singer. He's got quite the vocal range and is quite powerful. He also plays guitar on their albums and live as well. I'd say they even have a bit of a metal feel on some songs. Mark Tremonti, the main guitarist, is quite talented thats for sure.

Anyways...check them out whether you like Creed or not.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
07.12.2010 - 15:45
JD
Account deleted
Yeah i know this band they are good, i like one album forgot the name xD anyway i don't agree that Myles Kennedy is better than the Creed vocalist, i like them both, BTW i just saw on youtube the new song by Slash & Myles Kennedy - Back to cali.
07.12.2010 - 19:03
MetalSpider
I personally prefer Myles over Scott (Creed singer)...but thats just me. Scott has a deeper voice when it comes to singing.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
20.01.2011 - 04:49
JCJen7
Just been getting in to this band for sure. If you don't like Creed, I do NOT suggest checkout out Their 2004 debut One Day Remains. It still is very Creed-esque. However, if you are a rock fan at all, check out 2007's Blackbird. Fucking modern masterpiece if you ask me. Their newest album, 2010's AB III was very strong as well, and even got in to prog metal a bit, but is still very much mainstream aggressive rock. Yes, Myles can sing incredibly well, and the guitar work is quality.
----
This is my sig, respect it. Please.

CHECK THESE OUT
20.01.2011 - 19:10
Man, Alter Bridge is way better than Creed. It's like Scott Stapp was holding back Mark and the rest of the band from really playing. They're all excellent musicians and they're even better with a fantastic singer like Myles.

It pisses me off that people think he's gonna join Velvet Revolver. That's simply not true, since he's busy with Alter Bridge all year and working with Slash's solo band. Besides, wouldn't it be redundant for Myles to be in Slash's solo band AND Slash's other band?
13.02.2011 - 20:31
Icarus
!PROSLACKER!
Well i must say creed's earlier albums were grungy delicious (even if some fail to see it) and since then i was hooked up with stapp's voice. now this last creed album wasnt that good except for a couple songs (a thousand faces being one of them) and the first alterbridge was alright but i really want to get the new one since i heard theyre last single.
----
-At live's eve our flames will cease-
06.07.2011 - 18:03
SPNkitkat
I don't like Creed so much (aside from maybe a couple of song) but Alter Bridge RULES. One of my favourite bands -and definitely my favourite non-metal band.
Blackbird is their best album, hands down. Although they've yet to produce a song I don't like.

Written by MordecaiHexagram on 20.01.2011 at 19:10

It pisses me off that people think he's gonna join Velvet Revolver. That's simply not true, since he's busy with Alter Bridge all year and working with Slash's solo band. Besides, wouldn't it be redundant for Myles to be in Slash's solo band AND Slash's other band?

Just to put this straight, Myles has actually declined invites to be in Velvet Revolver twice! So, yeh, that's not happening.
From what I've heard though, on Slash's next solo album he's gonna be the only singer. -A whole album of Slash & Myles!! I really can't wait for that one
06.10.2011 - 00:49
Frost Beast
Account deleted
The song "Metalingus" by them is just destructive.
07.10.2011 - 23:28
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
This band is fucking awesome. And Myles is one of today's finest rock singers.
----
7.0 means the album is good
19.10.2011 - 09:58
livemusic
I love their debut album, and digging their third studio album AB III even more..

They are also hitting the road soon in Europe -

Oct 21, 2011 - Bulach, Switzerland
Oct 22, 2011 - Milan, Italy
Oct 24, 2011 - Bologna, Italy
Oct 25, 2011 - Rome, Italy
Oct 26, 2011 - Pedenone, Italy
Oct 28, 2011 - Stuttgart, Germany
Oct 29, 2011 - Dortmund, Germany
Oct 31, 2011 - Lyon, France
Nov 1, 2011 - Fribourg, Switzerland
Nov 2, 2011 - Strasbourg, France
Nov 4, 2011 - Paris, France
Nov 5, 2011 - Brussels, Belgium
Nov 6, 2011 - Eindhoven, Holland
Nov 8, 2011 - Gothenburg, Sweden
Nov 9, 2011 - Oslo, Germany
Nov 10, 2011 - Copenhagen, Denmark
Nov 12, 2011 - Kolding, Denmark
Nov 13, 2011 - Berlin, Germany
Nov 14, 2011 - Hamburg, Germany
Nov 16, 2011 - Munich, Germany
Nov 17, 2011 - Vienna, Austria
Nov 22, 2011 - Birmingham, UK
Nov 23, 2011 - Cardiff, UK
Nov 24, 2011 - Manchester, UK
Nov 26, 2011 - Newcastle, UK
Nov 27, 2011 - Glasgow, Scotland
Nov 29, 2011 - London, UK
19.10.2011 - 11:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I didn't think anyone older than 14 listened to post-grunge. :s
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
19.10.2011 - 12:48
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Well you like 'Throwing Copper' and you're older than 14 ;] Ignore silly Troy though, he's a hipster who was born far too late to even be aware of the loveliness of post-grunge (so I doubt many 14 year olds would even know what post-grunge is m'boy, its popularity died out half a decade ago if not more). Great band this, unfortunately still a little bit in the shadow of Creed, another great band in their own right. Myles Kennedy is a wicked vocalist and he looks like Kevin Bacon. Everything you could ever need.

I once saw them live at Download Festival, it was totally empty because everyone else had run off to see Metallica and Myles was pretty delighted to see the people that actually turned up. They kicked ass too, perfect sound.
19.10.2011 - 13:56
Yavanna
I like Alter Bridge and Creed too, is not my favorite thing but they have nice songs
----
Carry me to the shoreline
Bury me in the sand
Walk me across the water
And maybe you'll understand
19.10.2011 - 16:27
livemusic
Personally much bigger fan of Alter Bridge than Creed.

Alter Bridge, too like Smashing Pumpkins & tons other bands are releasing LIVE USB's of their gigs. I have found this concept super cool since I first heard about this last year. Who would mind taking the official professional bootleg home for $15-30 if the show kicked ass, especially if it looked like Mark Tremonti's guitar. Check it out - http://www.alterbridge.com/news/2011-09/pre-sale-starts-friday-for-upcoming-ukeurope-tour-live-recordings.aspx

I love the look. Surely a collector's item for Fan. Already ordered mine for their last gig on Nov 29 at Wembley Arena. Now all i can hope for is that they don't fuck up the gig.. lol
23.10.2011 - 07:59
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.10.2011 at 11:07

I would have thought that nobody younger than 14 listens to post-grunge. It seems perfect for adults who "feel young on the inside", or backround music to some trailer park party.
23.10.2011 - 11:42
JCJen7
Written by Troy Killjoy on 19.10.2011 at 11:07

I might agree with you, but Alter Bridge is straight up hard rock
----

CHECK THESE OUT
23.10.2011 - 21:09
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Post-grunge = commercial grunge, basically. Alter Bridge embody that description, although some of their songs do generally veer towards a more hard rock style.

Not that I care or anything, just felt like pointing it out.

Also, I'm not a post-grunge hater. I just don't enjoy anything by this band.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.10.2011 - 22:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Like JCJen7 said Alter Bridge are not post grunge, they are straight up hard rock. Creed however was post grunge and that's most probably the reason people label Alter Bridge post grunge even though it is the wrong label for their music since there is no grunge in their music. Also not live. Seen them a couple of times and it was highly enjoyable hard rock which is extremely well executed.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.10.2011 - 09:14
livemusic
Anyone from Italy who made it to their last 2 shows?
25.10.2011 - 06:54
JCJen7
Written by livemusic on 24.10.2011 at 09:14

Well, I wasn't...obviously. But if the set list is what you're after one is here and the other is here (No songs have been added to the second one yet, but they will probably be added soon). And, sorry for wasting your time if this is not at all related to why you wanted to know if anyone had been at those shows...
----

CHECK THESE OUT
28.10.2011 - 20:26
livemusic
Written by JCJen7 on 25.10.2011 at 06:54

Written by livemusic on 24.10.2011 at 09:14

Well, I wasn't...obviously. But if the set list is what you're after one is here and the other is here (No songs have been added to the second one yet, but they will probably be added soon). And, sorry for wasting your time if this is not at all related to why you wanted to know if anyone had been at those shows...

No thats cool, though saw the setlist myself. I was wondering if they are firing in all cylinders, or taking it easy..
02.11.2011 - 09:37
livemusic
Ok, anyone going for London gig here? A friend has an extra which he is trying to sell..
14.11.2011 - 07:41
livemusic
Still got the ticket. Anyone out there?
21.11.2011 - 08:39
livemusic
Did anyone pick up live USB's from any of their gigs?

Hows the quality?
29.11.2011 - 13:20
livemusic
Super fuckin' stoked on the gig tonight!

And really really looking forward to the USB too!
29.12.2012 - 11:32
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by MordecaiHexagram on 20.01.2011 at 19:10

Man, Alter Bridge is way better than Creed. It's like Scott Stapp was holding back Mark and the rest of the band from really playing. They're all excellent musicians and they're even better with a fantastic singer like Myles.

I feel the same way. I used to love Creed as a kid, but I've realized that what they put out under that name wasn't quite as amazing as I thought it was. Alter Bridge has FAR superior releases. It feels like Scott was holding them all back. Tremonti especially; he seems to have had a lot more creative freedom without Stapp around, and it's DEFINITELY improved the overall quality of the music.

Which, by the way, have you heard of Tremonti's self-titled solo project? His first album came out earlier this year, "All I Was." Much more metal than Alter Bridge, and it turns out Mark is probably a better vocalist than both Scott AND Myles. I know this is an old post, so you may have already heard of it, but if you haven't already checked it out, I suggest you do. While you're at it, you should also give him a vote in the band suggestions to be added on Metal Storm.
----
23.01.2013 - 02:17
stupid noob
Account deleted
I think these guys are really boring, and nowhere near as good as Creed! Just my two cents, but I think they try to sound heavy but fail to hit the mark. And they don't have the same level of emotion as Creed either. For sure a band I don't care much about.
04.02.2013 - 17:08
R Lewis
Written by [user id=138012] on 23.01.2013 at 02:17

I think these guys are really boring, and nowhere near as good as Creed! Just my two cents, but I think they try to sound heavy but fail to hit the mark. And they don't have the same level of emotion as Creed either. For sure a band I don't care much about.

I have to deny you. In my personal view, Alter Bridge are technically and lyrically better, concerning interesting and often moving topic. They move easily from hard-rock anthems to amazing ballads without sounding sickening, and Myles shown how you don't have to be a drug addict or an alcoholic to sing in a rock/metal band. Oh, and they're great live (it was my birthday when I first saw them ). Creed seem to me more mainstream, in the worst meaning of the term. This said, everything is subjective, and no one will ever come, point his forefinger and shout "You are right!" or "GTFO you Belieber". So, let's enjoy great hard rock.

P.S.: AB & Creed's guitarist's Mark Tremonti solo album rulez!
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
13.03.2013 - 18:32
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Alter Bridge to drop new album in 2013.

Interested fans can further check the information out here and here.
23.03.2013 - 18:34
R Lewis
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 13.03.2013 at 18:32

Alter Bridge to drop new album in 2013.

Interested fans can further check the information out here and here.

Already heard 'bout it, and I'm freakin' excited. Can't wait!
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.