Metal Storm logo
Favourite Metal Subgenre

Original post

Posted by Daru Jericho, 17.05.2006 - 23:37
So what's your favourite metal subgenre? Mine is progressive metal; love it's creativity and with lengthy songs it gives the artists enough time to produce a lot of diversity within a track. Most of the time the musicians are highly skilled as well as being able to combine emotion into their music. Additionally, I find that this genre of music can be very experimental at times.

Btw, if your favourite genre is not on the poll it's because I didn't have enough space to put it on. So click other and say what your favourite genre is.

Poll

What is yoir favourite metal subgenre?

Death Metal
Black Metal
Thrash Metal
Power Metal
Other (please specify)
Progressive Metal
Folk/Viking Metal
Heavy Metal
Gothic Metal

Total votes: 535
03.07.2012 - 20:26
Mad Arab666
I like a bit of all genres but black, death and gothic are probably what I listen to the most.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
04.07.2012 - 17:23
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Doom/sludge/stoner right now.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
04.07.2012 - 23:57
Thrashette
It tends to fluctuate. I'm kind of going through a folk metal phase at the moment, but I can never go wrong with thrash regardless of what phase I'm in
05.07.2012 - 01:07
axelx666
Well i voted other,

NWOBHM! (new wave of british heavy metal) i love all genres but i like that one specially.

when you said "heavy metal" i wasn't sure if you meant Black sabbath type or NWOBHM so i picked other.
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
05.07.2012 - 06:54
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by axelx666 on 05.07.2012 at 01:07

when you said "heavy metal" i wasn't sure if you meant Black sabbath type or NWOBHM so i picked other.

Heavy metal = Heavy metal
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.07.2012 - 12:16
Big-Al
Death
----

I drink moosepiss
07.07.2012 - 01:14
Oaken
Hipster
It's difficult as it changes every five seconds... I lean towards black metal since I really like atmospheric black metal but not a lot of other black metal stuff. So I won't vote.
----
In that case, man is only air as well.
07.07.2012 - 16:10
helofloki
This is difficult to choose one. Five years ago I would have said hands down progressive metal, but honestly, the genre has become stagnant. Hell it was stagnent 10 years ago. I still tend to prefer progressive leaning stuff. I picked other because I would have to say Grindcore and grindcore varients are my favorites. I know Grindcore in many ways is an evolution of punk and hardcore, but these days it's just as metal as anything. I also love black metal, was tempted to choose that. Bands are still finding new and interesting ways to make evil noises and I feel the scene is still going strong.
31.07.2012 - 20:45
Jam4Lyfe
Account deleted
I voted other, because i really enjoy slow melodic Norwegian jam metal
04.09.2012 - 06:05
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
While I love many of the genres on here, my favorite metal subgenre overall is Prog definitely. Just take a look at my MS album collection.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
28.09.2021 - 20:23
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Contributor
My favorite is probably either thrash or melodic death metal at the moment.