Disc II [DVD]
01. Hunger [video]
02. Amaranthine [video]
03. 2011 European Tour Documentary
04. Album Recording Studio Diaries

Additional info
Spinefarm/Universal
Produced by Jacob Hansen.

Special Edition release date: 12.10.2011 with additional DVD.
The Japanese version also has the bonus DVD

Guest review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
There are numerous aspects of Amaranthe's approach that constantly threaten to go horribly, horribly wrong. For starters, there are three singers in this band. I realize that this is nothing profound, but it is not like System Of A Down, in which there are three guys who sing - there are three people in this band whose main purpose is to do nothing but sing. That is a tad excessive, but, on top of that, one of them is a screamer. This could, in theory, make any band instantly sound metalcore (and false) as all hell, but in the case of Amaranthe, it adds some surprisingly tasteful heaviness at appropriate times. Of course, another one of the vocalists is female. Not to knock female metal singers, but let's face it; female-fronted metal bands are a dime a dozen these days, and for every respectable Nightwish or The SLoT there are a hundred generic power-pop bands just trying to draw attention with eye candy. Not so with Amaranthe; Elize Ryd has a captivating voice that perfectly complements the screams of Andreas Solveström and clean vocals of Jake E. Berg. Honestly, if the band had chosen any one or even two of these singers, I probably would have written them off fairly immediately. Yet the combination of the three makes for a unique and magnetizing sound.

Read more ››
published 06.02.2012 | Comments (8)

Found in 21 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 30   Visited by: 809 users
12.04.2011 - 14:54
Rating: 8
rasto

This album is amazing. vote:10 this is urban melodeath metal with best note.
13.04.2011 - 01:50
Rating: 10
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
10/10

I heard Leave Everything Behind on youtube 3 years ago, when they were stil called Avalanche. I've been expecting album since than. I had high hopes. They outdid it. Perfect modern melodeath/melodic metal. Yeah it's a bit popish and comercial, get over it, it's awesome.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
13.04.2011 - 22:02
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Becomes boring really quickly ... I feel like all the songs sound the same. I will give it a couple more listens before I rate it.
14.04.2011 - 19:55
AljanahLyra

I love this album. I think this band has a good chance to become popular, they're very talented.
I'm looking forward to seeing them on the concert with Kamelot. Hopefully they have a good live quality.
----
"I'm not going to fuck you Carmilla, I'm too pissed off."
~Godbrand, Castlevania~
16.04.2011 - 16:14
arwestromen

Sounds like sonic syndicate but with a female vocal.....Boring
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
16.04.2011 - 22:49
Rating: 9
Enissa

Really great album, techno beats with extreme power metal...!! I must say this is very unique...
21.04.2011 - 09:29
bluegreengod
Account deleted
I heard nothing positive about this album whatsoever, but then listened to it and kinda like it. A lot of the songs are really catchy.
26.04.2011 - 06:05
Lachy
Account deleted
I really like this, yeah a little poppy but is really fresh and different. I'm not a fan of techno or pop but the way they incorporated it into metal is really amazing
02.05.2011 - 05:51
Labyrinth

All of the songs are awesome and catchy; the vocal talent, and the screaming, all fits in so perfectly together, I can easily call this one of my favorite bands! I highly, highly, HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who likes -good- music!
02.05.2011 - 07:00
atkmetal123

These guys remind me of Blood Stain Child, but this album is definitely amazing! A little bit poppy...but that's what I call a new taste
14.05.2011 - 20:34
Rating: 7
CyberSymphony
Ollie
From the first listen I didn't enjoy it, but not bad. Maybe a second listen...?
17.05.2011 - 13:04
neonxaos

Amaranthe DO sound a little Eurovision-ish at times, but they make up for it with relentless energy and top-notch production. They're also great live. As far as pop metal goes, this is classy stuff.
18.05.2011 - 22:02
SteTech

Written by neonxaos on 17.05.2011 at 13:04

Amaranthe DO sound a little Eurovision-ish at times, but they make up for it with relentless energy and top-notch production. They're also great live. As far as pop metal goes, this is classy stuff.

Haha! I too thought Amaranthe wouldn't sound out of place in Eurovision. Still, they''re a good band, can't get enough of their album
06.06.2011 - 10:03
Enemy of Reality
Account deleted
I can't understand how someone is able to enjoy this, but ok...
06.06.2011 - 23:35
beyondtehdarksun

Totally not "metal" in the narrow-minded way, but these guys really knows how to write some great melodies - something 90% of the similar sounding bands will never manage. Wow!
----
"We are blind to the world within us, waiting to be born"
20.06.2011 - 22:05
Therapy?

"Cheesy" is the only word I could think of. I enjoyed listening to it the first time though. I always like something different and new. Though I don't reckon this will have much replay value. I find the eurovision songfestival classification a good match.
26.06.2011 - 23:10
Yugosaki

Very very good stuff
----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEBpRWr2IA
27.06.2011 - 00:09
Susan
Smeghead
Interesting sound. There is definitely melodeath, definitely some pop, some disco, and it all fits together. The really harsh metal fits perfectly with the cheesier side. Go figure

I've only given it a few spins but so far it's been generally a positive experience.
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
20.08.2011 - 07:58
Swamphell

I give it 10 cuz they trying to do something new and they did it well ,the new genre is called "Pop Metal"
11.09.2011 - 22:15
opeth771

This album is surprinsingly good! So what if it is cheezy or sounds pop? Just appreciate the music ffs! And Elize is so freaking sexy!
29.09.2011 - 18:12
kaspair

Reminds me of Deadlock...
----
Last FM
22.02.2012 - 11:48
Zender 1.8
Indestructible
Adorable \\m//
30.03.2012 - 23:33
BlindToNegotiate

I didn't know ABBA went metal!

...in all seriousness though, this is a damn fine album. Very catchy.
13.12.2012 - 10:22
Italics

Wow, this album is INFINITELY better than I expected. This might be one of the most upbeat, memorable, and catchy metal albums I've heard in years. Really really blown away by this... and I wasn't expecting much going into it.
----
But I Justify My Desire to No One
06.04.2013 - 20:08
Shmyt

It's catchy as all hell and if its just a regular spin you don't even notice there are 12 songs, it all kinda blends together, I fucking love it (guilty pleasure metal) but it is really similar, it feels like they got a format or two down and they don't want to stray from it for fear of screwing up royally but I feel once the band has had some more success and time to experiment they'll really become amazing.
30.08.2013 - 11:52
Lethrokai

Eurovision style metal!?
AND I LIKE IT!?

Ok, this album is something special. Even though it is incredibly poppy... they actually made pop sound good! Incredibly energising, catchy, and definitely an album worth listening to.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
14.12.2013 - 15:00
R Lewis

I LOVE Elyze Ryd and her voice, but the overall album... meh
----
We could be so much more than we are. Stop.
10.01.2014 - 17:29
MetalAce
The Eternal
Hmmm. . . sounds good. But I know I give them a rating which is more than what they are. . . Pop metal ha?
10.01.2014 - 17:33
MetalAce
The Eternal
Written by Lethrokai on 30.08.2013 at 11:52

Eurovision style metal!?
AND I LIKE IT!?

Ok, this album is something special. Even though it is incredibly poppy... they actually made pop sound good! Incredibly energising, catchy, and definitely an album worth listening to.

Yeah, you're right. If that solo and harsh vocal weren't there, I could give 5
11.06.2021 - 19:49
Rating: 4
Redel

In the genre tags it says "Heavy Metal"....

Hits total: 15914 | This month: 31