Metal Storm logo
Monstrosity

03.11.2006 - 23:51
Mega-Slayer
Monstrosity,definitley needs a thread,I cant say enough about them.Brilliant old school death with a considerable amount of technicality.I instantly was hooked to them,or at least their debut "Imperial Doom" when I downloaded "Final Creamation",it has made me appreciate Corpsegrinder more,he is better on this album,than with Cannibal Corpse.His range is actually quite amazing he has alot of high pitched shrieks and then real deep growls.Lets move onto the guitars,the solos are executed perfectly along with the riffs,alot of melody.Now the bass is a major highlight being very easy to hear,and all bass lines are excellent.Last but not least,probably the best thing about "Imperial Doom" is the insane blasting,holy fuck its is killer,Lee Harrison is a monster and every time I hear "Immense Malignancy" I am inspired to learn and it also pumps me up majorly.So I should probably get into their other material now,but I just wish they would fucking re-release "Imperial Doom",it is an absolute classic with out a doubt,but I should just start saving up for a copy,its fucking worth any amount.Well what are your thoughts?
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
04.11.2006 - 03:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
yeah...these guys were really good and deserved much more attention than they received. I actually haven't heard much from them, but I liked what I did hear.
04.11.2006 - 18:07
Richard
Elite
Monstrosity is a great band - my favourite album of theirs is definitely In Dark Purity, an album I wholeheartedly recommend to any fan of Death Metal. It has brutality, a bit of technicality, catchiness, well written songs and a range of tempos, and some excellent riffs and well constructed vocal patterns. The lyrics are pretty decent too. The album ends with a cover of Slayer's 'Angel Of Death' which IMO is actually better than the original version.
----
05.11.2006 - 14:13
Necronomicon
Account deleted
Nice! i am a big Corpsegrinder fan / cannibal corpse fan! but i havent heard anything off them!? do you know ny places where you can download some?
05.11.2006 - 18:56
Mega-Slayer
Written by Guest on 05.11.2006 at 14:13

Nice! i am a big Corpsegrinder fan / cannibal corpse fan! but i havent heard anything off them!? do you know ny places where you can download some?
Unfortunatley I all I know is Limewire,or you might just want to buy a copy of the album if you can find one.Its spendy,but well worth it,i'm going to buy the official album soon.
----

05.11.2006 - 18:59
spirit_inblack
harshhead
Really underrated DM band. Corpsegrinder fit in a lot better with Monstrosity rather than Cannibal Corpse. I love the logo too.
@Necromicon try Myspace for a few songs
15.11.2006 - 20:12
Written by Guest on 05.11.2006 at 14:13

iTunes has four albums, although I don't know if In Dark Purity is one of them
15.11.2006 - 23:21
Gormur
Account deleted
I have the "In Dark Purity" album with them and that's pretty good shit but it hasn't like you've said gotten enough attention at all! Too bad.:cry:
16.11.2006 - 00:16
Necronomicon
Account deleted
when i get money i might look at it hehe...

i dont have itunes...
20.11.2006 - 00:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Richard on 04.11.2006 at 18:07

Monstrosity is a great band - my favourite album of theirs is definitely In Dark Purity, an album I wholeheartedly recommend to any fan of Death Metal. It has brutality, a bit of technicality, catchiness, well written songs and a range of tempos, and some excellent riffs and well constructed vocal patterns. The lyrics are pretty decent too. The album ends with a cover of Slayer's 'Angel Of Death' which IMO is actually better than the original version.

I agree whit you about this band, it was IMO 1997 when I read in newspaper about this band and then hear tape whit name Monstrocity after it it gone for some years out of my mind, but whne I came here thank's to you I recovere(hope I spell corect) this band for new :bager2: Its DM clasic but pll in some reasons forgot about them

I agree about Slayers song cover its better
I like only ''Seasons In The Abyss'' Best album of them lyricaly
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.02.2007 - 22:23
I bought Millenium a few weeks ago...It reminds me somewhat of a heavier Malevolent Creation, although the music doesn't grow old after a couple of listens the way that Malevolent Creation's does.
Now, Millenium is the only album I've heard from these guys, but from what I've heard, I'm completely shocked that they aren't better known...I mean, they can all play their instruments well, and do well in coordinating the sound. And while the songs are somewhat technical, they are memorable and not annoying like some of the tech-death bands out there. So, I can only think of three possible reasons why they are not at the top of death metal...
a) Millenium is the only good album (although I am the first person on this thread to mention this album, so not likely)
b) They have failed to come up with a gimmick like Nile's Egyptian theme, while their music probably wouldn't appeal to those who get bored easily with straight-up death metal.
c) I have a bad taste in music.

btw...How is Rise to Power?
23.02.2007 - 23:57
Mega-Slayer
I haven't heard that album,but I have heard material from their latest offering,Spiritual Apocalypse,pretty good,nice to see bands that are still releasing quality material these days.Had to edit,i've reached post #666,I dont know if I can ever post again,.
----

24.02.2007 - 02:23
Richard
Elite
Written by theflyingmachine on 23.02.2007 at 22:23

Kind of similar in sound and approach to In Dark Purity, though I prefer In Dark Purity overall. Both these albums are rather more straight to the point and have more of the band's own identity than Millennium, IMO (although Millennium is also a good album).

BTW, the last track on Rise To Power is about 12 minutes long - but the final several minutes are just feedback and noise, which is a bit pointless - so bear in mind that although the duration of the album is about 47 minutes, there's only really 40 or 41 minutes of proper music on there.

To hear the first track on Rise To Power, (the song's called 'The Exordium'), go here:
http://musica.mustdie.ru/en/band/monstrosity/8119/
----
25.02.2007 - 21:32
Written by Richard on 24.02.2007 at 02:23

Written by theflyingmachine on 23.02.2007 at 22:23

Kind of similar in sound and approach to In Dark Purity, though I prefer In Dark Purity overall. Both these albums are rather more straight to the point and have more of the band's own identity than Millennium, IMO (although Millennium is also a good album).

BTW, the last track on Rise To Power is about 12 minutes long - but the final several minutes are just feedback and noise, which is a bit pointless - so bear in mind that although the duration of the album is about 47 minutes, there's only really 40 or 41 minutes of proper music on there.

To hear the first track on Rise To Power, (the song's called 'The Exordium'), go here:
http://musica.mustdie.ru/en/band/monstrosity/8119/

Hmm...its ok. It makes me think that I may like In Dark Purity or Imperial Doom better though. Is that album (imperial doom) out of print?
26.02.2007 - 02:06
Mega-Slayer
^^^ Yeah "Imperial Doom" is hard to come by,dont pass it up if you find it.Cost me a little over $40,and was well worth it,a great collectors item as well.Their debut had such a good line-up,Jason of Cynic,Jon Rubin of Malevolent Creation,Mark Van Erp of Malevolent Creation and Solstice,and "Corpsegrinder" of CC.
----

26.02.2007 - 16:51
Written by Mega-Slayer on 26.02.2007 at 02:06

^^^ Yeah "Imperial Doom" is hard to come by,dont pass it up if you find it.Cost me a little over $40,and was well worth it,a great collectors item as well.Their debut had such a good line-up,Jason of Cynic,Jon Rubin of Malevolent Creation,Mark Van Erp of Malevolent Creation and Solstice,and "Corpsegrinder" of CC.
lol, I said that they sound like an improved MC, and now I know why.
I checked ebay for imperial doom, and they are bidding at about $13 right now, although the ebay stores and on amazon.com are charging about what you paid.
24.08.2007 - 06:37
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Anyone got Enslaving the Masses and can tell me if it's worth the dosh? I saw it at my record store several months ago for a seemingly reasonable price...

In Dark Purity is definitely a great album, why am I the only one who's rated it?! But I suppose it's equally odd the earlier albums also have just one vote
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
22.05.2009 - 10:26
Rattlehead.cz
I know the compilation "Enslaving the masses" and I can say, that Monstrosity is really great death metal band and it deserves more attention. Technically and musically brilliant, fine melodies.
This group I can recommend to all metal fans.
30.10.2011 - 05:47
king_matt
Holy fucking shit. I just listened to them for the first time. My god that is a beautiful sound.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt
22.03.2019 - 18:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Florida Death Metallers Monstrosity announces European tour in support of their new album 'The Passage Of Existence'!

Comments MONSTROSITY´s Lee Harrison: "Another announcement for MONSTROSITY supporting the new album 'The Passage of Existence'. This time a tour of Europe with our favorite agency, Massive Music. Looking forward to getting back to Europe to unveil the new material as well as dusting off the classics and getting out to see the fans once more. Be ready this will be a good one!!"

Vain productions and Massive Music presents:
MONSTROSITY
+ The Devil
+ SUPPORT
23/05/19 DE - Weinheim - Café Central
24/05/19 BE - Roeselare - Verlichte Geest
25/05/19 FR - Paris - Glazart
26/05/19 FR - Nantes - Le Scene Michelet
28/05/19 PT - Porto - Metal Point
29/05/19 PT - Lisboa - RCA Club
30/05/19 ES - Madrid - Nazca
31/05/19 ES - Barcelona - Bódevo
01/06/19 FR - Montpellier - Sectret Place
02/06/19 FR - Lyon - Eat And Rock
04/06/19 DE - Stuttgart - Keller Club
05/06/19 DE - Osnabrück - Bastard Club
06/06/19 DE - München - Backstage
07/06/19 AT - Wien - Szene
08/06/19 SI - Ljubljana - Orto Bart *
09/06/19 IT - Verona - Pika Future *
11/06/19 IT - Roma - Traffic *
12/06/19 IT - Paderno Dugano - Slaughterclub *
13/06/19 CH - Siebnen - District 28 *
14/06/19 DE - Essen - Turock *
15/06/19 NL - Rotterdam - Baroeg *
16/06/19 NL - Amstelveen - P60 *
+ Dehumanize *

Support comes from THE DEVIL and on the last eight shows from French Death Metallers DEHUMANIZE.

Surf over to metalblade.com/monstrosity to check out music from 'The Passage Of Existence'. At the same location you can order CDs, vinyls and merchandise from MONSTROSITY!
----

apos;'
[image]
02.04.2019 - 13:40
gavdann
Where are the UK dates? Fucking Brexit!!
04.04.2019 - 09:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by gavdann on 02.04.2019 at 13:40

Where are the UK dates? Fucking Brexit!!

It dont affect american, more EU bands
----

apos;'
[image]
16.06.2023 - 06:49
Awesome band. It’s just unfortunate that they won't reissue Imperial Doom.