Metal Storm logo
The Anti-Christian Extreme Metal band you respect the most, and why?

Original post

Posted by Darth Satanious, 12.05.2012 - 21:21
As the thread title states, which Anti-Christian band you respect the most and why? Reasons may range from the way they convey the message or even by reasons that do not have anything to do with Anti-Christianity at all and just simply because you respect them as musicians, people, or whatever reason may be.

If you agree with their stance, mention the band you respect the most. If you do not agree with Anti-Christianity but still there is a band you respect that has the message, mention them and the reason why you respect them.

Be understood as Anti-Christian those bands whose lyrics portray a message against Christianity (Satanic bands count) or a band whose members have voiced their rejection against Christianity in one way or another.
20.08.2012 - 00:27
theFIST
Written by Clintagräm on 13.05.2012 at 23:29

the cycle of poverty is made worse by poor policy decisions (no contraception, no abortion, no welfare)

a good case can be made for welfare being one of the causes of intergenerational poverty

Anyways, i don"t think anti christian bands have that much of a problem nowadays despite the large amount of people who are still christians, doing anti islamic black metal in the middle east seems to be quite a different story
So, my respect goes to Seeds of Iblis
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
22.08.2012 - 06:32
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Philosophically, I prefer bands that are anti-christian without falling into the whole satanism thing.

We need post-christian bands (in the sense that they have gone BEYOND christianity), not satanists who are still stuck with christianity. Anti-Christianity should be about that post-christianity. To me, that is the ultimate manifestation of anti-christianity.

In other words, the ultimate anti-christianity is the one that entirely negates christianity. To whom christianity does not even exist.
22.08.2012 - 06:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by theFIST on 20.08.2012 at 00:27

Anyways, i don"t think anti christian bands have that much of a problem nowadays despite the large amount of people who are still christians, doing anti islamic black metal in the middle east seems to be quite a different story

it is one thing to assail a religion that teaches "turn the other cheek" and might respond with whining. it is another to assail a system of beliefs that responds to negativity with bombs and beheadings.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.08.2012 - 07:53
theFIST
Written by BitterCOld on 22.08.2012 at 06:41

Written by theFIST on 20.08.2012 at 00:27

it is one thing to assail a religion that teaches "turn the other cheek" and might respond with whining. it is another to assail a system of beliefs that responds to negativity with bombs and beheadings.

Christianity isn"t just a "turn the other cheek" religion, thanks to the quote attributed to that jesus stating he didn"t come to remove any part of the law (old testament) but also to some parts of the new testament it can easily be a religion of "kill witches, people with different beliefs and homosexuals"
It"s a religion of multiple choice that can easily be chosen from for marketing and using it in almost every way possible
Also, according to the ancient text the same guy wanting his people to turn the other cheek also didn"t allow them to have money and private property, so he was a communist. That"s not a common christian position nowadays
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
22.08.2012 - 10:57
Daniell
_爱情_
Elite
Written by [user id=111774] on 13.05.2012 at 02:15

If we're speaking strictly Anti Christian, then Behemoth simply because anybody who manages to piss off an entire country for doing nothing wrong is worthy of my respect.

The whole country? Are you from Mars or anywhere else far enough to have no clue? There was a small group of fanatics who sued him, and they obviously lost.
Poland isn't more catholic than other countries. The stupid stereotype that it is comes from the fact that the pope John Paul II was Polish and so everyone in the world thought that Poles must be so religious.

A German dude is the pope now. Will you say that Germans are so religious now?
And by the way, I'm an atheist.

Written by [user id=4365] on 13.05.2012 at 01:20

Unquestionably The Meads Of Asphodel have some of the most thought provoking and thought out lyrics on the subject.

This. If only more bands had the brains to speak like this. Sadly, most are like the cretins from Deicide, writing kindergarten level lyrics.
23.08.2012 - 00:16
pisymbol
Clearly the answer to this question is Megadeth. Oh wait...
25.08.2012 - 10:01
fatman88
Account deleted
Burzum, not because of the music particularly but because Varg's message is basically the same as my personal philosophy. Christianity and any Jewish or Muslim religion has no place in our European society, he embraces traditional European values but with a sensible modern scientific worldview. No bullshit, none of that satanism, black magic garbage, just common sense
25.08.2012 - 18:51
pisymbol
Written by [user id=134756] on 25.08.2012 at 10:01

Burzum, not because of the music particularly but because Varg's message is basically the same as my personal philosophy. Christianity and any Jewish or Muslim religion has no place in our European society, he embraces traditional European values but with a sensible modern scientific worldview. No bullshit, none of that satanism, black magic garbage, just common sense

I agree. I think most of European society actually has been corrupted by Christianity and its elk.

Same goes for Paganism too. Tree hugging hippies.

We started civilization in between the Euphrates and Tigris rivers.

Let's reset there and see what happens...

I am not an extremist like Troy Killjoy who clearly advocates in his reviews a more hunter/gatherer society. Wacko.

On a more serious note, I am absolutely positive that if Paganistic societies were the norm, Varg's message would be talking about Christian values and how it got lost due to the violent Pagan uprising.
07.09.2012 - 04:41
Angry Chair
Im pretty sure Kreator are athiests so I would choose them.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
28.01.2013 - 06:54
squidrick420

I totally agree with you on this. I may not completely agree with his racist views, but i respect how he approaches this from a non-satinist prospective and i gotta say the music is a bonus.
25.07.2013 - 11:07
The Demonblade
Account deleted
Rotting Christ. They are anti-religion in general, actually. When born again christian Dave Mustaine declined to play in a festival in Greece because RC were on the bill, the guys faced this calmly and they didn't play instead. They didn't even insult Mustaine! A lot.... ΧΞΣ
25.07.2013 - 14:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=144176] on 25.07.2013 at 11:07

Rotting Christ. They are anti-religion in general, actually. When born again christian Dave Mustaine declined to play in a festival in Greece because RC were on the bill, the guys faced this calmly and they didn't play instead. They didn't even insult Mustaine! A lot.... ΧΞΣ

what didnt play megadeth?
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.07.2013 - 15:13
The Demonblade
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 25.07.2013 at 14:53

Written by [user id=144176] on 25.07.2013 at 11:07

what didnt play megadeth?

Megadeth played, Rotting Christ didn't play.
25.07.2013 - 15:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I see
----

apos;'
[image]
26.07.2013 - 09:50
no one
Account deleted

27.07.2013 - 01:52
Lady GaGa
Account deleted
Deathspell Omega.

Sophisticated, original material both lyrically and musically. One of the best BM out there today.
21.01.2014 - 20:01
Rotting Christ. They cancelled their apperaance alongside Megadeth because Mustaine remembered he was Christian. The guys reacted in a mature way, while a metal "superstar" like Mustaine used to be, reacted just like a clergyman.
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
21.01.2014 - 20:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Infernal Eternal on 21.01.2014 at 20:01

Rotting Christ. They cancelled their apperaance alongside Megadeth because Nustaine remembered he was Christian. The guys reacted in a mature way, which a metal "superstar" like Mustaine used to be, reacted just like a clergyman.

someone already told it , but its greek band whjat I dislike
bTW nice awatar
----

apos;'
[image]
22.01.2014 - 02:00
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by deadone on 22.01.2014 at 01:35

I think the scarier thing is fundamentalist Islam which is on the same level Christianity was in the Middle Ages in terms of societal control and expansionist notions.

Why don't bands sing against that?

I think like that too. Singing against what Christians did thousands of years ago is a very of an old fashioned thing to do.
I cannot say much about Islam because there's about none trace of it in my country so I don't know very much, but judging by some documentaries it is indeed terrible. Treating women like junk, marrying people without their consent and stuff like that. If a band is against those repressive actions of religious traditions then I can actually support.

Also not all of those bands that say they are anti-christian have lyrics just against the dark ages practices, they often have lyrics like "God is evil" and "Satan is good", which is a thing I can't respect at all. Why would they want to mock other peoples beliefs "just for fun", not based on truly society threatening religious practices?
I do not respect any anti-christian band of nowadays. (But if they sound good I hear anyway =P)
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
22.01.2014 - 12:07
Vombatus
Potorro
Written by deadone on 22.01.2014 at 01:35

Why don't bands sing against that?

Probably coz 90% of so called anti-christian bands do it for the sake of provoking and it's both trendy and easy to criticize christianity. Also, as you said, christianity had a large impact on western society, unlike islam (or much less). So the possible negative impact of such religion is still not palpable in westerns world everyday life... for now at least. This probably makes a lot of people not see islam as a threat.
But anti-islam is starting to spread in metal, thinking of Taake's lastest album or all those eastern bands that somehow mirror the 90' bm bands, but against islam.

On topic, I don't respect any band for the sake of being anti-christian, only basis is music. I find pathetic all those bands that only use it for shock value, or all those that at the same time glorify satanism or paganism. On the other hand, stuff like The Meads should be praised, with an interesting approach and very smart developpment. Same can be applied to some of the so called orthodox bm, even if too cheesy for it's own good.
22.01.2014 - 20:06
Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 20:23

Rotting Christ. They cancelled their apperaance alongside Megadeth because Nustaine remembered he was Christian. The guys reacted in a mature way, which a metal "superstar" like Mustaine used to be, reacted just like a clergyman.

bTW nice awatar

You don't like Greek bands?
Thanks!
----
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
22.01.2014 - 20:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Infernal Eternal on 22.01.2014 at 20:06

Written by Bad English on 21.01.2014 at 20:23

bTW nice awatar

You don't like Greek bands?
Thanks!

I didnt say so, I dont like just that one
----

apos;'
[image]
22.01.2014 - 20:19
Written by Bad English on 22.01.2014 at 20:11

Me neither. But the old stuff (early '90s) is really good.
----
22.01.2014 - 20:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Quote:
Written by Infernal Eternal on 22.01.2014 at 20:19

Me neither. But the old stuff (early '90s) is really good.

I agree, but after it it becaim overated,
----

apos;'
[image]
25.01.2014 - 08:12
Desert Father
I respect bands that put a new take on the whole anti-Christian thing, as it's been pretty much covered. Immolation's Close to a World Below has some really interesting lyrics, which conclude that Jesus was not enough to save us from ourselves, etc. It's a cool idea which grabs me a lot more than other bands.

DSO has very deep lyrics, but they are written in such a way that they are hard to grasp. Concepts like Kenosis, the Apokatastasis Panton and the like are certainly unique, so I love and respect the band for even just having a go at tackling them.
----
"Truly, my child, if I were allowed to see my sins, three or four men would not be enough to weep
for them." - Abba Dioscorus
31.01.2014 - 23:12
A.Ghosheh
Vital Remains, the angriest anti-christian dudes out there.
----
Kem Khefa Kheshef
01.03.2014 - 08:32
metalfan98
Deicide, because they are fucking awesome
----
No emotion thrash is all I need
02.03.2014 - 07:23
Rasputin
This Anti-Christian thing has being going on for too long, who gives a shit anyway? Like I said before, attacking or singing against Christianity and Christ is as edgy, cool and daring as kicking a sick kitten. For me these days, this is a badge of complete lack of inspiration and conformity in a sense. The other side is of course the "Satanic" cope out, where it is supposed to be that much better, scarier and smarter, and is as equally as stupid, and silly. Pentagrams, reverse crosses and other garbage are the thing of the past, and I laugh my ass off when these bands try to pose as threatening, evil and tough. You made an Anti-Christian song, wooow, you are so tough and cool. Barf.
08.05.2014 - 06:22
Schizoid6.6
Nearly all metal comes off as anti-Christian/religion to me just because its rowdy attitude is meant to defy much of the dogmatic principles of religion and society that surpresses man's natural animal behaviors. Satanic/anti-Christian lyrics need not be present, you can already feel the 'sinister' and rebellious vibes through you.

Anyway, I am partial to Behemoth and Marilyn Manson (not metal, whatever...anti-Christian enough).
08.05.2014 - 08:35
toxx
Supreme being
Most of the Norwegian BM bands that had this anti-christian, satanic theme going before, has changed a bit over the years. Still anti religion, but less "Kill the christian, burn the church" in their lyrics. There is a significant change of mentality as most of the bands that were started in the eighties/nineties now consist of grown ups But I have to respect them for growing up though. When I was 16-17 I thought it was pretty badass to memorize all these extremely hostile anti-christian lyrics, but now I prefer more reflected and well-written lyrics that are still anti-religious.

I would have to say Behemoth.