Metal Storm logo
Branikald

23.11.2006 - 18:08
Ruines
Account deleted
Great band hailing from Russia with many albums. Song structures are based on repetitions of cool riffing and production is usually poor but fit the genre very well. For fans of Burzum and the likes, without sounding anything like Burzum.

The album Triumph of the will features some clean vocals that add a cool atmosphere to the band.

Recommended albums :

Stormheit re-issue
Triumph des Willens
Winterkald
23.11.2006 - 18:24
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
i only have winterkald but its pretty good hypnotic, repetitive black metal.

the first 2 Raven Dark albums (another BBH project) are essential. i haven't been able to find any of the other raven dark albums apart from the rulers age tape which is a compilation of stuff that was previously unreleased for a reason (or, at least the 'wotansjolv' tracks on there were previously unreleased because the creator didn't like the production value)
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
23.11.2006 - 18:26
Damnated
Churchburner
I recently got their entire discography, but never had the time to listen. I'll try to make time now, as they sound interesting.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
23.11.2006 - 18:28
Ruines
Account deleted
Raven Dark didn't do much for me. I thought their track on "The Night and the Fog II" was pretty average. But it's all I've heard from them. Branikald is my fav from BBH.
23.11.2006 - 19:01
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
http://www.metal-archives.com/release.php?id=134194

get this. 2 great albums for the price of one. if you like branikald, you're pretty much guarenteed to love this. i don't know what track you're referring to so i can't comment but it may be off the rulers age compilation tape (which is mediocre at best). RD's work is really something that is best appreciated as a whole album anyway so one trakcon a VA compialtion is unlikely to impress.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
23.11.2006 - 19:18
Ruines
Account deleted
I will check it out when i get time to do so.

Forest is also worth mentionning as far as russian bm goes.
23.11.2006 - 23:36
Basso
Account deleted
Forest is indeed good. Have only heard a little though.
24.11.2006 - 08:19
Vakshay
Account deleted
More interested in Raven Dark more than anything else, in particular I'm looking for 'Berustett av Kriegsdronnet". Branikald look pretty good too, shall check them out.
25.11.2006 - 14:29
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Indeed, not much variation there but that is how it is all meant to be. Enjoyable nonetheless.
----
Christless
27.11.2006 - 14:22
Angel Deformity
Azathoth
Isnt branikald a NS band?
I got the song raven fierce, decent stuff... good ol' russian bm