Style: Avantgarde metal, Progressive metal, Experimental rock
Release date: October 2014

01. The Mortality Of Doves
02. Offramp Cycle, Pattern 22
03. Longtime Disturbance On The Miracle Mile
04. Library Subterranean
05. The Assassination Of Adam
06. Spirit Photography

"Leaving the world behind is the best experience most feeble minds fear to try." - ― Michael Bassey Johnson

Ebb:
A yellowish horizon boasts numerous volcanic eruptions painting subtle shades of yellow, red, white, black, and green on the surface.
The sulfuric stench gives way to the pleasing aroma of a Korean karaoke bar; kimchi tonight.
An essence of soju, haunting, fills the ambient air. A sodium compliment helps with the musical absorption.
Greased with jun and soondae, we accept the harmony and melody as familiars.
A squid signs its name in ink.
We see a singer, can faintly make out "Toby" on his stickered name-tag, shrouded in darkness.
A dole of doves emerges from behind him, cascading shadows on the neon walls.
The lull of dissonant bass and staccato guitar picking comforts you. Happy memories come forth. Calm sets in.
Praying that I'm dreaming.
A steady drum beat signals the melatonin darkness away from our star's light.
Flying on a highway,
Push the needle.
A syringe scrapes against vinyl, your darkened companion resets its position and we journey on.
Just a little further. Faster, further. It seeps through. The record melts into the table.
The atmosphere of the room dissolves.
Fear tickles my amigdala.
I want to disconnect but my body feigns paralysis.
A headless figure stands over me.
There is no logic or reason in this encounter.
This entity wants to communicate.
I resist, numb and death to all. The message is lost.
Submit radio jack. The figure questions my consciousness in this plane of existence.
I am tranquillized and submerge further into the depths of my own cerebral electricity.
Spirit separated and body bound.
Tied to societal sorrow.
My search is betrayed by my own anxiety.
Flickering, suffering, suffocating.
I put on my stinking astral mask.
A fire of orgasmic shame lights my way.
I am powerless over this demonic carnal urge.
Shameful suffering shadows this sexual deviation.

Flow:
I tried in vain.
Looking at these lyrical pictures of dreams.
My mind can only piece them together in a way that makes sense to me.
There is no logic or reason in this encounter.
The liquid groove washes over me in synthetic overtones.
Multiple syncopated layers give way to a starless sky.
Bible black and cold.
Dissonance and anxiety return.
Frantic percussive skins crawl over my body.
An ominous sax condemns my trespassing of the subterranean library of forbidden knowledge.

Rapid movements and familiar metallurgy.
Spatial disorientation.
Saccule and utricle estrangement.
Metapods crack and my butters free against the gravity of guilt.
Woodwind breaths flutter.
Adam is assassinated, and our beginnings become clear.
I take a photograph.
I shiver and try to shake off the negativity.
Transitioning into a contemplative mood.
Sorrowful overblows from conicul tubes read volumes to me.
Bass plods guide me back.
I remember this house.
I listen to this demon as it watches me and rolls across the floor.
Centuries come rushing back, innate.

Waking up, I peel the hard-wired stimulant from my crawling skin.

I had too much to dream last night.

Written on 26.10.2014 by Intermittent reviewer, full-time listener.

Comments

Comments: 15   Visited by: 160 users
26.10.2014 - 19:34
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Cool review. Album is ok but its far from metal.
26.10.2014 - 19:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Wow, probably the best "review" I've seen on here since Jup's Fear Factory one. And a great album at that. More people should adopt creative and esoteric ways to convey messages about music, such as this. I might actually start reading reviews again if they did.
26.10.2014 - 20:03
Rating: 9
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by Guest on 26.10.2014 at 19:51

Wow, probably the best "review" I've seen on here since Jup's Fear Factory one. And a great album at that. More people should adopt creative and esoteric ways to convey messages about music, such as this. I might actually start reading reviews again if they did.

That review was the main reason I joined this site. Really cool style.
For this, I was really getting to the whole surreal, astral projection vibe and wanted to showcase a dream journal entry format for artistic effect. Glad you liked it as it was a fun experience for me.
26.10.2014 - 20:07
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Introspekrieg on 26.10.2014 at 20:03

That review was the main reason I joined this site. Really cool style.
For this, I was really getting to the whole surreal, astral projection vibe and wanted to showcase a dream journal entry format for artistic effect. Glad you liked it as it was a fun experience for me.

It works really well, especially considering what the album is like. I'm sure a few people will take exception to the nature of the review but I think whenever someone goes out of their way to do something different in the format then that's a strong message in itself, and also highlights how reviews can be more than just critiques of music.
26.10.2014 - 23:03
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
First time when I saw this rather unusual review, I looked in the calendar to see if it's not the 1st of April and when I saw that it ain't I realized it was the real thing. Unique way of making a review... I'm impressed!
26.10.2014 - 23:36
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
These guys are gonna be at Roadburn next year, from what I've heard about them they're pretty out there, so I might wanna check them out, but I'd rather get into their discog a good deal first. Where would you suggest I start?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
27.10.2014 - 01:26
mz

Written by Auntie Sahar on 26.10.2014 at 23:36

These guys are gonna be at Roadburn next year, from what I've heard about them they're pretty out there, so I might wanna check them out, but I'd rather get into their discog a good deal first. Where would you suggest I start?

start with their debut. Many consider it to be their best.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
27.10.2014 - 03:33
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by mz on 27.10.2014 at 01:26

start with their debut. Many consider it to be their best.

Word, I'll get right on it then
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
27.10.2014 - 05:38
Diverge

Amazing review! An album I need to check out!
27.10.2014 - 06:59
whatsacow

Written by Auntie Sahar on 26.10.2014 at 23:36

If you want a heavier experience, check out Hubardo. I'd say it's their most metal release to date, and possibly better than Choirs of the Eyes, but that's, like, all subjective man. I like their last band Maudlin of the Well better though.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
27.10.2014 - 16:21
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Toby Driver HAS to be on some serious shit...
----
rekt
27.10.2014 - 23:28
moonflash

This review makes me wana start doing drugs.
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
09.11.2014 - 16:47
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I feel like such a moron for asking this but it's only because I wanna learn and I haven't fully listened to this album yet so..... Anyway, what is the main inspiration of this review? Should I call it a poem? Is it related to the lyrics? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to different kinds of texts, prose and stuff so that's why I was curious since I loved the review and I love the band.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.11.2014 - 20:14
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Written by X-Ray Rod on 09.11.2014 at 16:47

I feel like such a moron for asking this but it's only because I wanna learn and I haven't fully listened to this album yet so..... Anyway, what is the main inspiration of this review? Should I call it a poem? Is it related to the lyrics? I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to different kinds of texts, prose and stuff so that's why I was curious since I loved the review and I love the band.

A mix of the album's lyrics and my own interpretations of the music.
21.12.2014 - 01:29
Olives

I enjoyed the album, though nothing is metal about it.

Hits total: 4329 | This month: 3