Metal Storm logo
Toxik - Drummer Jason Bittner Leaves, Joins Flotsam & Jetsam

American thrashers Toxik have announced the departure of their drummer Jason Bittner. He just joined fellow Americans Flotsam & Jetsam. Bittner joins the veteran Arizona metallers as the replacement for Kelly Smith, who recently left the band to focus on family matters.

Here is what Jason Bittner had to say about his exit: "Well as they say when one door closes another opens - today I announce my departure from Toxik in order to focus on some new projects I will be involved in in 2015 that will require my full attention and commitment - that will be announced soon. In the meantime I'd like to thank Josh, Mikey, and Bill for an amazing year of playing together- these guys are some of the best players I've been lucky to jam with. So if you're a drummer and are looking for a crazy prog thrash band, contact Josh - love you guys and I wish you the best."

After it was announced that he would join Flotsam & Jetsam, Bittner offered: "I have been a Flotsam & Jetsam fan for decades, following the band around the East Coast in the eighties and nineties. I've been lucky enough to be in the background of the Flotsam & Jetsam camp as a fan, supporter, and gear leader to my dear friend, Kelly David Smith. I am hard at work relearning all the classic FLOTZ material and can't wait to record and tour with the band in 2015. This will become my focus after the completion of the 2015 U.S. Shadows Fall hiatus tour, which will happen spring/summer 2015. As they say... 'Flotz 'till death!' See you in Europe, in April."

Photo courtesy of Dryad Media

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Toxik
Posted: 21.12.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 50 users
21.12.2014 - 11:47
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Maybe Bittner's leave was kind "bitter" hahahahah I suck
----
Christless
21.12.2014 - 11:53
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Darth Satanious on 21.12.2014 at 11:47

21.12.2014 - 12:12
Joppe
Steelemeister
Damn, not to take anything away from F & J, but Toxik seems way more interesting band right now with the new album on the works and all. Can't wait to hear the new material [from Toxik].
----
My vision is augmented
21.12.2014 - 15:11
BlueMobius
Account deleted
I have a feeling that new Toxik album isn't coming along so well.
21.12.2014 - 20:10
Lit.
Account deleted
That's like jumping back onto the Titanic after it sunk.
22.12.2014 - 04:34
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.12.2014 at 20:10

That's like jumping back onto the Titanic after it sunk.

More like jumping from the Carpathia onto the Titanic.
22.12.2014 - 10:25
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Ilham on 21.12.2014 at 11:53

Written by Darth Satanious on 21.12.2014 at 11:47

Fuck crickets! Underhanded little shits always waiting for the silence of night to start their shit to annoy everyone, little attention whores. Fuck them, fuck them all, right in the fucking pussy.
----
Christless

Hits total: 2392 | This month: 9