Metal Storm logo
Incantation

23.05.2006 - 01:51
^Necrolust^
Incantation, another amazing US dm band.I love the way they combine the brutal sound,with a dark,satanic feeling.I prefer their album ''Onward To Golgotha'' and their EP ''Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish''.So,what do you think about them?
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
23.05.2006 - 03:12
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Incantation is one of the sickest Metal groups around. I love their early work, 'Onward To Golgotha', the most. I love everything about it. The wicked riffing, the pummeling drums, those sick vocals, and most of all the muddy production. I think it is the production of that album which makes it stand above the rest because I am not really a big fan of much of their later releases. However, their debut album is one of the defining Death Metal albums I think. Truly sick.
----
The force will be with you, always.
23.05.2006 - 03:19
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Definately a great band, love their latest release.
23.05.2006 - 22:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
i love what ive heard from them, i recently bought "Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish" and it was brilliant
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
24.05.2006 - 03:05
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Incantation is definitely awesome. I happen to find their album cover/tshirt designs some of the most interesting out there.
24.05.2006 - 06:47
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
I went some time ago to this place where they were selling some used Metal albums and there I found their "The Infernal Storm" album for only three dollars. I couldn't have done a better bargain than that which I made by buying it. I have heard other songs from them apart from those in this album and I have loved every single one of them. I am seriously thinking in finding their "Decimate Christendom" because of that kick ass single they made: "Dying Divinity".

They were recently here in Puerto Rico, promoting their latest work but, as it happens to me most of the times, I did not get to know that they were here after weeks of their show. It sucks so much, I know.
----
Christless
24.05.2006 - 09:14
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
"I am seriously thinking in finding their "Decimate Christendom" because of that kick ass single they made: "Dying Divinity"."

Definately worth it.
24.06.2006 - 08:11
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Awesome Death Metal, deep, ceremonial and it has a sinister low growling... their best album is "Diabolical Conquest", it makes you feel scared...
01.07.2006 - 12:05
EvilOstrich
Account deleted
The really funny thing about Incantation is they have used like, what seems to be about 200 various members for their live shows. But whatever the problems they have keeping people for live shows, the studio albums are absolutely killer. I have Onward to Golgotha, Under the Throne of Apocalypse, Diabolical Conquest, and Decimate Christendom and they are all excellent. It's really hard for me to pick a favorite out of the 4 of those, so I don't even think I'm going to try. Every time I go to the local record stores, I always look for more stuff from them, and the one I'm really keeping my eye out for right now is Mortal Throne of Nazarene.
04.07.2006 - 22:25
vansoth
Account deleted
One of my favorite Death Metal bands. I have The Infernal Storm and Blasphemy in Brazil, and both are amazing. Great doom/ death metal with lots of feeling and excellent musicianship. Oh, and their live show is absolutely absurdly good.
05.07.2006 - 04:47
Zombie, M.D.
Next to Morbid Angel they are my favorite death metal band. I really enjoy how they incorperate more doomy menacing parts into the typical death metal formula. Onwards to Golgotha is my favorite from them, though all their albums I have heard seem quite good.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
08.09.2006 - 01:35
CianideDeath
Account deleted
Execellent; I like all their stuff. Onwards to Golgotha is set to be re-released as a dvd/cd combo
17.11.2006 - 18:04
Cut-Throat
I've only heard a few songs from this band and i like what i hear. whats the band's best album for me to buy 1st?
17.11.2006 - 18:19
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
ive really been enjoying their 'forsaken mourning of angelic anguish' Ep lately, though its the only release of theirs ive heard. im awaiting oneof there albums in a trade and will probably get the reissue of onward to gologtha next time i order from relapse
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
17.11.2006 - 18:40
Written by Cut-Throat on 17.11.2006 at 18:04

I've only heard a few songs from this band and i like what i hear. whats the band's best album for me to buy 1st?

Onward to Golgotha, Diabolical Conquest, and Mortal Throne of Nazarene...Probably in that order
18.11.2006 - 18:35
Lobotomy
Account deleted
Incantation is nuts. Most metal like this bores me to sleep, but not these guys. Great stuff right here.
18.01.2007 - 22:14
Sunioj
Ive some of their stuff online and I love it, just dont really know where to start, recommendations?
19.01.2007 - 02:37
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
All their albums are pretty similar, so you really can't do any wrong in choosing an album. I say start with their first, but if you're thinking of buying one of their albums, just get the cheapest one.
19.01.2007 - 03:25
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Have 'Onward To Golgotha' album an its good, nothing overly special though. Actually havent listened to it that much or carefully yet so maybe thats why I havent enjoyed it as much as some here. Have to give it another listen as its made me more curious now, only have a vivid memory of it.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
19.01.2007 - 03:59
Invoked
Account deleted
I got my first Incantation CD last week ("Onwards to Golgotha"), and I have to say this is really really good. Quite derivative of fellow South Americans Sepultura, Incantation takes the speed and agression of "Beneath the Remains" and makes it 3x more brutal. As much as I hate to use the word "brutal" in describing any death metal band of quality, "Onwards to Golgotha" really pummels the listener from beggining to end.
21.01.2007 - 17:12
Sunioj
Cool, I will start off with that. ( Onwards to Golgotha )
22.01.2007 - 17:40
There are three things which seem to stick out about this band. One, of course, is there dark sound, which works very well. The other area is their production...which seems to be intentionally fuzzy. This sound works perfectly in their slower periods, although it is difficult to distinguish what the instruments are doing in the faster areas. I do think this has improved a bit in the later albums, which is essential, since they have generally gotten faster over the years.
The third trait that distinguishes these guys is the time changes. I remember reading a review on metal-archives of mortal throne of nazarene, where the title was speed up! slow down! speed up!. I think that title is a pretty good assessment of this band. It seems like whenever I finally get into a section of the song, they completely change the tempo. Many people seem to like that style of death metal, but I think they would overall be better known if they weren't so fucking willy-nilly with their time changes.
22.01.2007 - 19:20
Zombie, M.D.
Written by [user id=2939] on 19.01.2007 at 03:59

Quite derivative of fellow South Americans Sepultura,

Incantation arent from South America.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
22.01.2007 - 19:40
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 22.01.2007 at 19:20

it depends on the point of view... once some asshole asked me where the fuck is Chile and when I said South America he understood that I meant the south of "America", texas or some shit like that...
22.01.2007 - 20:55
Written by [user id=5080] on 22.01.2007 at 19:40

it depends on the point of view... once some asshole asked me where the fuck is Chile and when I said South America he understood that I meant the south of "America", texas or some shit like that...
I thought they were from New Jersey, although that may not be correct.
22.01.2007 - 23:35
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by [user id=5080] on 22.01.2007 at 19:40

hahaha what dumbass doesn't know where Chile is?

Anyways, Incantation is from either New Jersey or New York, but they are known as the innovators of the New York death metal sound.
23.01.2007 - 00:23
Mega-Slayer
Actually I think its Pennsylvania?Anyway I dont hate "Onward To Golgotha" as much as I used,it gets better with every listen,the vocals are really low which is awesome,similar to Immolation.The production definitley could be better,doesn't help that I have the orginal release,probably should get the remaster.The best tracks are,"Deliverance Of Horrific Prophecies","Golgotha" and "Unholy Massacre".
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
22.04.2007 - 18:53
Do you all know of any band that has a similar sound to Incantation?
What really drew me to the band was the slower, but still heavy and dark, parts of the song, as well as the vocals. The faster parts aren't bad, but I don't think that they fit the mood as well.
22.04.2007 - 19:39
Sunioj
I got onwards to Golgotha a month ago, and it didnt really do it for me, some songs sounded good but in general I got bored of it quickly.
22.04.2007 - 22:41
Stigmatized
I have "Onward to Golgotha" and I enjoy it. They remind me of Immolation, which is always a plus. Does anyone else hear the similarities?