Metal Storm logo
Bon Jovi

Original post

Posted by Anathemani@c, 26.03.2007 - 22:11
Bon Jovi are my favourite rock band right now and for more than two years now. I admire him and Ritchie Sambora(who is a great guitarist imo), because they are artists that tribute their roots, that have to be Animal, John Lennon and others in acoustic concerts that are released as bootlegs.. Anyway! My favourite alboum is Keep the faith. What do you have to say about them?
24.12.2007 - 01:46
Ascalon
A really good band to enjoy simple and powerful music ... really good anthems to start in the long way of rock n' roll ...
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
24.12.2007 - 02:47
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
My aunt has tickets to see him live in a few monthes time, and her husband doesn't want to go because he thinks Bon Jovi is a damn sissy
26.12.2007 - 03:52
Opium
Account deleted
Damn I'm enjoying his material now, the perfect day for it, sunny and calm

I only have Slippery When Wet in mp3 format atm, getting his other albums now.

Also, I remember hating his songs when I was 7 Yet I seem to enjoy it now...

EDIT: Starting to think I should buy SWW, too
26.12.2007 - 03:57
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 31.03.2007 at 05:43

Written by Anathemani@c on 30.03.2007 at 11:44

Written by Doc G. on 30.03.2007 at 03:28

I like alot of Bon Jovi songs from the 80s but frankly I dispise his new material, its turned into soccer mom music.

I dont think I ll agree with you. Have a nice day was a big success and a really good alboum, where Jon Bon Jovi and his company have returned - in some way- back to their roots... This alboum contains good compositions. Just give it a try by downloading it firstly...

It lacks the sleazy glam rock feel that the 80s material had. That album was total light rock.

Totally agreed here. Even though I've only heard Slippery When Wet so far from his 80's material, I still believe my opinion is valid enough

In fact, it's funny how the mighty have fallen. See here.
26.12.2007 - 04:44
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by [user id=12867] on 26.12.2007 at 03:57

I like alot of Bon Jovi songs from the 80s but frankly I dispise his new material, its turned into soccer mom music.

I dont think I ll agree with you. Have a nice day was a big success and a really good alboum, where Jon Bon Jovi and his company have returned - in some way- back to their roots... This alboum contains good compositions. Just give it a try by downloading it firstly...

It lacks the sleazy glam rock feel that the 80s material had. That album was total light rock.

Totally agreed here. Even though I've only heard Slippery When Wet so far from his 80's material, I still believe my opinion is valid enough

Thats hilarious, its almost a completely linear drop in sales through time. I hope he notices that and stops making soccer mom music, he should just t entirely, since it'll be impossible to recreate his old material.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
26.12.2007 - 05:00
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 26.12.2007 at 04:44

Written by [user id=12867] on 26.12.2007 at 03:57

Thats hilarious, its almost a completely linear drop in sales through time. I hope he notices that and stops making soccer mom music, he should just t entirely, since it'll be impossible to recreate his old material.

Haha, damn right, you'd think he would have learned by now that he's failing all too much
20.04.2008 - 16:24
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
its a shame to listen to bon jovi for a metalhead
21.04.2008 - 07:54
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by [user id=31891] on 20.04.2008 at 16:24

such a cliche answer; have we established rules/statements/opinions/classifications on what a "metalhead" should/ought to do/listen? then count me out...
21.04.2008 - 08:50
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by [user id=17278] on 21.04.2008 at 07:54

such a cliche answer; have we established rules/statements/opinions/classifications on what a "metalhead" should/ought to do/listen? then count me out...

lol - i cant caount everyone has him/her opinion. there is no rule in a metalhead's life for me. but i cant say that a metalhead can love Madonna ! bon jovi is cheap rock i think. we speak about metal at least good rock. i think bon jovi is a really cheap pop-rock . how can i listen to bon jovi then listen to for example slayer ? i dont think bon jovi's fans r slayer's fans too,( pay attention bon jovi's FAN's)
21.04.2008 - 09:03
Opium
Account deleted
Written by [user id=31891] on 21.04.2008 at 08:50

lol - i cant caount everyone has him/her opinion. there is no rule in a metalhead's life for me. but i cant say that a metalhead can love Madonna ! bon jovi is cheap rock i think. we speak about metal at least good rock. i think bon jovi is a really cheap pop-rock . how can i listen to bon jovi then listen to for example slayer ? i dont think bon jovi's fans r slayer's fans too,( pay attention bon jovi's FAN's)

And yet I'm living proof. There. Where's your argument going anyway?
21.04.2008 - 09:30
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by [user id=12867] on 21.04.2008 at 09:03

And yet I'm living proof. There. Where's your argument going anyway?

do what u want. but i can say my opinion
21.04.2008 - 17:23
marillionfan
Account deleted

Who says you have to listen to Bon Jovi and Slayer the same day? Their styles are way too different; it's like saying you listen to Death or Sepultura after some Pink Floyd or Yes, it doesn't work like that, at least not for me. And I like both Slayer and Bon Jovi. Both bands require, for me at least, a special mood - Bon Jovi can be fun, as an easy listening; Slayer works great as a listen to calm/chill after an annoying day or if I am in the mood for some thrash metal exclusively.
21.04.2008 - 17:27
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by [user id=17278] on 21.04.2008 at 17:23

Who says you have to listen to Bon Jovi and Slayer the same day? Their styles are way too different; it's like saying you listen to Death or Sepultura after some Pink Floyd or Yes, it doesn't work like that, at least not for me. And I like both Slayer and Bon Jovi. Both bands require, for me at least, a special mood - Bon Jovi can be fun, as an easy listening; Slayer works great as a listen to calm/chill after an annoying day or if I am in the mood for some thrash metal exclusively.

Do you really care about the lyrics of bands or ... ?!
21.04.2008 - 17:36
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by [user id=31891] on 21.04.2008 at 17:27

Written by [user id=17278] on 21.04.2008 at 17:23

Do you really care about the lyrics of bands or ... ?!

I've heard far worse lyrics than Bon Jovi's.
11.05.2008 - 01:37
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
My aunt saw the band live and I haven't asked ehr about it yet, but on the news I ehar that at that same show was like a shooting threat so it took hours to start.
24.05.2008 - 01:03
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
they are pretty good In These Arms is my fav..one of rare mainstreams that i like
31.05.2008 - 23:02
metalhead3
they are good,these days is my favourite song
02.06.2008 - 02:06
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Bon Jovi hasn't put out anything good in ages...he's an adult contemporary has been now sitting on MuchMoreMusic with half-cock romantically-charged soft rock songs...
11.06.2008 - 01:05
Gordon Freeman
The only thing I like about Bon Jovi is that video of Triumph the Insult Comedy Dog going to a Bon Jovi concert.

...mullets for everyone!
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
11.06.2008 - 20:37
marillionfan
Account deleted

I also like Have a Nice Day a lot. Crush and Bounce were pretty good, too. Their last album Lost Highway was the first album of theirs to disappoint me. It lacks energy even for a light rock band, honestly, and the ballads on these one are unbearable for me to listen - there are a lot better ways to create a love song
28.09.2008 - 00:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
my roommate plays Bon Jovi whenever he feels like annoying me, that and Journey. i cant stand either band.

anyone see the Mad TV skit with Bon Jovi in it? fucking FUNNY.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
15.10.2008 - 07:08
DevilBabi
I really like them
Always have, but that may have somethign to do with the fact the Bon Jovi himself, is freaking hot hot hot
29.09.2009 - 21:21
JohnDoe
Account deleted
Bon Jovi are to release their new album soon - The Circle - I've listened to their new song We Weren't Born to Follow, a nice, catchy tune, in the manner of the Have a Nice Day album (which I like, and it's nice to drive listening to it). Thank God they stopped with the country-rock style of their previous album Lost Highway.
20.12.2011 - 00:15
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.12.2011 - 00:38
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.12.2011 - 01:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Troy Killjoy on 20.12.2011 at 00:38

Written by Bad English on 20.12.2011 at 00:15
Is it fucking true ? Bon Jovi died? http://dailynewbloginternational.wordpress.com/2011/12/19/international-rockstar-legend-jon-bon-jovi-dead-at-49/

No.

Good because non CCN, BBC, Skynews, Al jazera En and France24 did not talk about it
----

apos;'
[image]
20.12.2011 - 08:06
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=35732] on 20.12.2011 at 01:16
You can breathe again.

Great response.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
20.12.2011 - 16:48
vezzy
Stallmanite
Goddammit. Who fucked up the assassination attempt again?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.12.2011 - 23:08
Roro
Bad english, stop spamming rumors
16.01.2020 - 17:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
BON JOVI Announces Spring/Summer 2020 Tour With BRYAN ADAMS

Tour dates:

June 10 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
June 11 - Portland, OR - Moda Center
June 13 - Sacramento, CA - Golden 1 Center
June 16 - San Jose, CA - SAP Center at San Jose
June 18 - Los Angeles, CA - The Forum
June 20 - Las Vegas, NV - T-Mobile Arena *
June 23 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
June 25 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
June 26 - Tulsa, OK - BOK Center
July 10 - Toronto, ON - Scotiabank Arena *
July 14 - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
July 16 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
July 19 - Detroit, MI - Little Caesars Arena
July 21 - Chicago, IL - United Center
July 23 - St. Louis, MO - Enterprise Center
July 25 - Washington, DC - Capital One Arena
July 27 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
July 28 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
----

apos;'
[image]