10. The Passing Light Of Day

Found in 41 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 40   Visited by: 992 users
25.02.2017 - 16:50
Rating: 9
Illwill

Took many spins to better get it, didn't like it much in the beginning, absolutely love it now and still discovering new things with each listening. Saddens me to see low rating from people don't like the genre, myself I abstain to rate music I don't understand, probably not even Justin Bieber deserves 1 star rating nevertheless some "metal" fans give it to this album, really sad and pathetic. Anyway, be patient, this album is a grower, one of the finest Pain Of Salvation work.
15.03.2017 - 13:05
Rating: 8
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Finally listened to it for the first time. I liked a lot of things but also disliked others. I need to listen to it a lot more though.

For now, "On A Tuesday", "Angels Of Broken Things" and the title track seemed to stand out.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.03.2017 - 13:13
MichaelAngeloT

Truly Magical..!!
01.04.2017 - 20:11
Rating: 7
musclassia

Written by BloodTears on 15.03.2017 at 13:05

Finally listened to it for the first time. I liked a lot of things but also disliked others. I need to listen to it a lot more though.

For now, "On A Tuesday", "Angels Of Broken Things" and the title track seemed to stand out.

Revisited it again today for the first time since release, those three definitely were the obvious highlights to me
03.04.2017 - 14:31
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by musclassia on 01.04.2017 at 20:11

Written by BloodTears on 15.03.2017 at 13:05

Revisited it again today for the first time since release, those three definitely were the obvious highlights to me

After a few listens, I'd like to add "Full Throttle Tribe" and "If This Is The End" to that list Overall, very good album indeed.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
24.06.2017 - 06:38
Nicko's Nose

I hope this stays in the top 20. It's not THAT great, but it's better than most other albums in the top 20 imo.
10.10.2017 - 13:25
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I've been a huge fan of their early discography, and I was saddened for long when they kinda broke their track record with Scarsick. Much like the commenters above, I didn't like the record very much on the first few listens but now I do. Their best since BE.
----
16.12.2017 - 22:50
Rating: 9
Laze

Definately, not the easiest album to get into. First time I listened to this, I got hooked on the first notes of opening track, but lost interest somewhere around the middle of the album.

Revisited the album a few months back and it grew on me. Absolutely my favorite album of 2017.

Written by Guest on 19.01.2017 at 07:14

Wow, someone needs to deconstruct this shit that everyone seems to be high on.

"I'm bored, let's make an artsy-fartsy pseudo-nu-metal and everyone will love it thinking they are deep..."

Had to comment on this... The album actually has a very strong and actually deep concept behind it. Go ahead and Google it
----
Always looking for some new tones between the black and the white.
29.05.2018 - 10:49
Rating: 10
rashaverak

This is the album which made me fan of POS, not that I would not like previous work, I did not know them at all. Here it all started with the Meaningless and Silent Gold which were quickest to get into, continued with If this is the end and finished with the ending epic song The Passing Light Of Day which brought me some of the strongest moments while listening to music. As non native english speaker I usually ignore lyrics but here it was really worth to spend the time and try to understand them. I wish I could give this album 10 but there are too many songs I dont like next to the songs which are now my most favorite.
01.09.2018 - 12:43
Rating: 7
ylside

Hits total: 18832 | This month: 51