Metal Storm logo
Agua de Annique (Anneke van Giersbergen's project)

04.08.2007 - 12:18
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Agua de Annique is:

Anneke van Giersbergen; vocals/piano
Joris Dirks; guitars/vocals
Jacques de Haard; bass
Rob Snijders; drums

Anneke van Giersbergen comment:
"Over the last 10 years I have turned many dreams and experiences into songs. I started recording a selection of the very personal ones during the past 6 months.

We've laid down the basic tracks at the Waterfront Studio's in Rotterdam and recorded overdubs at The Void in Eindhoven, as well as in the comfort of my own home studio. I'm excited to send these songs off into the world and share them with you all!

I have formed a band called Agua de Annique to help me voice these songs. We will release an album called "Air" in the fall of 2007. Besides the wonderfully talented people in the band, a few of my friends will make appearances on this album.

The lovely Kristin Fjellseth will sing additional vocals, Jeffrey Fayman has made a string arrangement for a song called "Ice Water." Heleen de Witte plays the flute and Timothy Conroy provided some killer trumpet work. The album is mixed by Jon Anders Narum."

Also an official website is now online.
This site was created by Wilf, who is also working on a beautiful animated music video for the song 'Day After Yesterday'.
To be complete, 3 songs 'Day After Yesterday', 'Beautiful One' and 'Trail of Grief' have been added on their MySpace page.

Links:
Official website
Official MySpace page
05.08.2007 - 02:57
APOHAKC
The Bard
Awesome!

I am big fan of her, and what I heard so far.. it will be very good.

And web page is awesome, lol
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
02.10.2007 - 12:28
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Van Giersbergen and her band played new tracks from the band's upcoming debut album "Air",
out October 30th, 2007 on The End Records. To see partial clips of songs from the show, go here:

'Witnesses'
'Trail of Grief'

Also, a teaser movie trailer for the album can be viewed at the band's official MySpace page.
Teaser was filmed by Mark Uyl.

The song 'Witnesses' from "Air" has been posted online at The End Records' official MySpace.com page at this location.

To finish the following dates are confirmed:

11/02/07 Fri @ Doornroosje - Nijmegen, NETH
11/03/07 Sat @ [to be announced] - Amsterdam, NETH
11/09/07 Fri @ Mezz - Breda, NETH
11/10/07 Sat @ W2 - Den Bosch, NETH
11/16/07 Fri @ de Boerderij - Zoetermeer, NETH
11/18/07 Sun @ Nieuwe Nor - Heerlen, NETH
11/25/07 Sun @ Tivoli (de Helling) - Utrecht, NETH
11/30/07 Fri @ Atlantis - Alkmaar, NETH
12/01/07 Sat @ Metropool - Hengelo, NETH
02.10.2007 - 13:31
Soliloquy
so..anyone know what will happen to the gathering?
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
12.10.2007 - 21:02
Torelli
I must say this project exite me far more then the gathering has ever done. Don't get me wrong, the gathering is a good band, but I like them more since Anette joined them and had her share of thoughts regarding music and lyrics, not to mention her voice.

So therefor when I head that she was going to focus more on her project, I couldn't be more happier. After I listened to the songs on myspace, I'm more convinced then ever that focusing more on "Agua De Anneque" was the right thing to do, as all the songs are simply brilliant. She is able to write very good music and lyrics that reach directly to the heart/soul. I espacially like "Day After Yesterday", simply a masterpiece! It's also good that she has find compitent musicians as a band, no matter how low influence they have, is still a band.
13.10.2007 - 05:14
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
Wow, Im just amazed by her voice... I did listen to The Gathering before and really enjoyed. However, Anneke's voice is just flawless in this project, and it by far impressed me more than The Gathering itself
----
15.10.2007 - 14:21
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
The first official video of Agua De Annique's song "Day After Yesturday" was posted online and can be viewed at this location. Enjoy.
23.10.2007 - 15:29
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
A new audio interview with Anneke van Giersbergen, who now fronts her newly formed band Agua De Annique, has been posted at Metalhead.ro at this location.
23.10.2007 - 16:07
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Don't want to bitch about this, but this should really be in the rock forum or other music, because Agua De Annique is far from being metal

I gotta say I was thrilled when found out Anneke didn't quit music and moved on. She is an amazing musician and composer and so far I really love all the songs she did for ADA.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
23.10.2007 - 17:08
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Written by AnGina-- on 23.10.2007 at 16:07

Don't want to bitch about this, but this should really be in the rock forum or other music, because Agua De Annique is far from being metal .....

Done .
07.11.2007 - 01:16
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Anneke van Giersbergen performed acoustically on the Dutch radio show "Desmet Live" (airing on Radio 5) on October 29, 2007. You can watch video footage of the performance at this location.
16.12.2007 - 23:26
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Heard something, OK, isnt The Gathering, but doesnt seem bad... Ill check it out better when i find some time, though.
----
27.12.2007 - 13:33
IronAngel
I got Air for Christmas. And boy, it's awesome. It's no Souvenirs or Home, granted, but it's still a very pleasant listen. If you're a fan of soft and simple alternative rock, you should check it out. The album's quite minimalistic, compared to the production and layers of, for example, the aforementioned Souvenirs. But it works.
27.12.2007 - 19:40
Graveheart
I also got the album recently and I like it even though I can't avoid comparisons to the later Gathering. I'd say Agua de Annique is musically maybe a little less versatile but vocally not at all different.
28.12.2007 - 14:15
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
I find this project both musically and vocally more interesting than the latest The Gathering efforts. She tries some new singing styles and pulls it off very well. The music is even pretty heavy at times.

But what the hell was she thinking when she decided to use that photo as an album cover???
19.03.2008 - 17:07
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
I'm melting with Air. Totally. One of the best albums in 2007, I just love it. Anneke & co. are amazing. I love the way that in some songs you can hear the ''The Gatheriningish'' influence, but in other the music they have done has its own, very intimate, personal touch.

I am soooo happy that Anneke is still out there and going as she has for years been one of my favourite musicians world wide.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
24.03.2008 - 22:55
Ernis
狼獾
Finally hearing all the "Air" album.....I am completely in love with Anneke's voice....she's indeed the best female singer ever for me....And I do sense the touch of The Gathering in her music as well....well, obvious...back then she also cooperated in creation of the music of the group...I do love her style a lot...awesome! w00t!
26.03.2008 - 18:50
marillionfan
Account deleted
I love her solo album, great work.

I think Anneke left a huge void when she quitted the Gathering - who could fill in? i hope the Gathering will come back again with some great music.
20.11.2008 - 19:37
I love her. She has the most stunning voice I've ever heard. I like ADA, and I like Air.
But I'll never forgive her for leaving The Gathering... nothing will achieve Sleepy Buildings.
----
¸.?**?.¸*·I am following my fishie... because my fish knows where to go·*¸.?**?.¸
09.04.2009 - 22:11
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
So, I just recently got my hands and ears on Anneke's latest album, Pure Air, and again, I am amazed just how wonderful she is. On this album she made a couple of covers and some Ague De Anniqe's songs in a different way, it also features (Within Temptation's) Somewhere with Sahron Den Adel. This album is just great, I totally love her verion of Damien's Rice The Blower's Daughter.
----
23.09.2009 - 00:06
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Dutch rockers Agua De Annique have posted online an EPK (Electronic Press Kit) for their forthcoming album, "In Your Room", which can be viewed at this location.

Also the band has released a new video clip, which features footage from the studio, and the band's new track, "Hey Okay!". You can find the video clip at this location.

"In Your Room" will be released October 30th while the first single, "Hey Okay!", will be out on October 6th.
23.09.2009 - 22:57
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Such great news! I'm sure it'll be great, anything Anneke does seems to be
----
24.09.2009 - 12:07
Hamird
Lieutenant
I listened to her Air some weeks ago, I liked the music.. Air somehow sounded to me like Gathering's Home.. Not exactly the same, but had many similar sounds.. And since Home was my favourite Gathering album, so I liked Air as well.. What I found nice is her vocals which are excellent in my opinion.. But same as Jupitreas I really don't understand the point of her cover art for Air, haha.. By the way, Pure Air cover art is much better..