Metal Storm logo
Post punk/new wave

03.10.2021 - 16:20
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It seems there isn't a thread yet for this genre.
You know, post punk. Like... Joy Division, The Cure, all that stuff? This is the place to discuss this kind of thing.

Anyway, just found out this, it's probably the truest thing I ever listened to. The vocalist is a 12 yo, believe it or not.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
03.10.2021 - 18:15
JoHn Doe

I don't listen much to this genre, but I do like Joy Division, New Order, Simple Minds (their early work is quite experimental), enjoy The Cure, have seen them live, it was awesome, early Ultravox. I'm sure I forgot a few.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
26.11.2021 - 21:03
IronAngel

I don't care for most of the post-punk revival bands these days, but I had my Joy Division phase like everyone. Lately I've come to appreciate New Order more. Not as angsty or iconic, but usually just better. Dead Can Dance and Cocteau Twins also had good post-punk beginnings, although as with the Cure, they did their best work elsewhere.

But I spotted this thread looking for a place to talk about Television. They were on my 70s list for years now, but I only just now gave Marquee Moon a proper listen. I never realized how good it is. It's hard to say whether they're "really" post-punk, they seem to predate it slightly (1977), but they seem to encapsulate most of the best things about post-punk: the perverse combination of danceable grooves and bleakness, the focus on musicianship instead of pure energy, and they have the perfect guitar tone. The title track and Torn Curtain are amazing songs.
10.12.2021 - 22:14
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Updated the thread title to New Wave.

grew up on this stuff, love it. Have repeatedly said on this site that The Cure's Disintegration is the best album ever.

The Cure, Joy Division/New Order (took the reverse route from IA. Grew up with NO, later switched preferences to JD) ... The Bauhaus family tree including Love & Rockets, Peter Murphy and Tones on Tail are great.

The Mission, The Church more good ones.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
01.02.2023 - 14:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Listen to the new track 'Damocles' of the UK post punk band NAUT. The song is taken from their new album "Hunt" which will be released on February 24, 2023.

----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.06.2023 - 13:10
BOBAH1

"KnyaZz - Pierro":