Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
21.01.2009 - 10:04
Slayer666
Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 23:38

Written by Slayer666 on 20.01.2009 at 23:02

Playing the victim? Hardly. That's how you, and probably 95% of the Metal Storm commutnity sees me. The thing is, I really don't care. My interest in this disscusion has just dropped from "low" to "about as low as it can possibly get".
I wouldn't mind. I think being gay isn't cool because it's not natural, but who am I to judge? That's the short version.
BTW : Playing the good guy (girl) now?

Yeah then it doesn't differ too much from the jokes. Nevermind.

Yes I'm playing the nice girl, or guy as you said, I think it's good for my image, and well, I like taking breaks from being a real bitch. It's a hard work you know.

If you wanted me to "nevermind" it, you wouldn't have wrote it in the first place, would you? This way, you get to totally trash my opinion, mark me as a "stupid 14 year old macho idiot" and still get to play nice. Clever, I must say.
Anyway, back to the topic. I'm not going around butchering gay people, or insulting them, am I? I'm just saying I don't like them, and why should I? It's my opinion. Let them do whatever they want, as long as they stay away from me.
21.01.2009 - 12:50
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Grrrrr, are you now derailing this thread?

Please keep in mind that for personal messages, funny but completely irrelevant jokes and spammy posts there also is the PERSONAL MESSAGE system, a wonderful system really.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.01.2009 - 19:04
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 23:31

I've just thought about something, a difficult (or not, depends) situation if it happened to any of us, and I'd like to have your opinions. What if your girlfriend, or boyfriend, just broke up with you because they think they no longer feel good with being with the opposite sex? How would you take it?

Wow... that's indeed a bit unsual and complicated problem IMO.
But I think that's not something I would get mad at. Because it doesn't mean it was my fault or her fault. It was just something that she discovered suddenly and like I said... I just can't get angry/deppresed or something like that for a thought that came out of nowhere.

I still would be sad thought... no-one wants the gf/bf to broke up with you in any cases.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.01.2009 - 14:31
Freezer
This topic has had a long life indeed, I'll just state my opinion about the main subject.

Obviously, there is nothing wrong in liking whatever we like, so long as it hurts no one. Therefore, I think that everyone should have the same rights and I find quite ridiculous the hate towards persons who like people of their same sex (just as I find ridiculous any kind of hate...)
----
We fly through this godless endeavor, we try to explain the black forever
25.01.2009 - 23:44
Fat & Sassy!
Elite
Written by Ilham on 20.01.2009 at 21:43

- or, worst scenario : grow up with the same mentality, which would naturally, with the time passing on, make it even more rigid. And this scares me a lot for yourself, and the people you will meet and live with.

Understood. This is, systematically, how ignorant prejudices grow. I find it quite depressing. When you meet someone who is like this, it's just so sad. I mean, you can't really do anything for them. They will never change. At the same time, though... why would you want to help them to see that they are being so fucking stupid if they are pissing you off with their ignorance? It a just a big batch of clusterfuck.
07.01.2012 - 21:39
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Wow.....fuck The Bahamas.....

in this morning's paper, the headline speaks of this one pastor who talks down to the US and Canada for being tolerant of gays, apparently they have an "agenda" to combat god : He speaks of The Bahamas' christian principles and how they will not "bow" to the "liberal agendas" of other nations.

Somebody......please hurt him.....
07.01.2012 - 22:46
Zealot644
Religion is the largest cause for the resistance against gays. I also find that as a straight guy there is this sense of disgust when I see gay men(I'm not religious either), but I know fully well that other than a preference, that there nothing truly different between them and I.

I for one support acceptance of them. My only issue is the overabundance of groups and organizations pushing around this whole "ACCEPT GAYS" thing. We do, but stop pushing it down our throats please.
07.01.2012 - 23:03
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Zealot644 on 07.01.2012 at 22:46
We do, but stop pushing it down our throats please.

There's actually a heap of gay people in the community who protest other gays being so blatant about their sexual orientation, because they believe sexual equality will become a laughable matter like feminism.

"We want to be treated just like men. So give us everything and give them nothing!"
"We're here, we're queer, get used to it. But don't promote heterosexuality in the media because that's oppressive."

Hypocrisy makes the world go 'round...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
07.01.2012 - 23:53
Zealot644
Whether you view it as wrong or not, and whether you tell people your opinion or not, I appreciate people who realize that it doesnt suddenly justify some sort of retribution for something they are born with. Like I mentioned, as a male I feel that homosexual men are in a sense 'weird' and I find accepting them comes down to a problem of instinct and conscience - One in which instinct tells me no, but my conscience tells me yes, and for this case I listen to the latter because it is more politically correct.

Gays can raise children. I just hope that they never try and force their children into homosexuality as it is ultimately up to the child to decide their preference in the matter. The child should be taught that heterosexuality is the 'norm' and the way that nature intended things to work, but homosexuality is an exception to the norm and should be accepted too because at the end of the day - they are people too.

I could literally go on and on about this topic but I think it's a 'slippery slope' in a sense. Debates like this are near impossible to end and even in the future where I am sure gay's will be better accepted and recognized there will still be those against it, as is the human condition.
08.01.2012 - 00:07
Void Eater
Account deleted
Homosexuality? No fucks given, do whatever sexual acts you want. What I can't stand however, are straight people, typically upper middle class college aged white people, who feel that they are superior to others because they act like stuck up pricks to anybody who jokingly uses the word gay in a derogatory manner. Just because I say to my friend that some song is gay doesn't mean that I'm supporting some sort of systematic oppression against homosexuals.
08.01.2012 - 00:12
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=111774] on 08.01.2012 at 00:07
Homosexuality? No fucks given, do whatever sexual acts you want. What I can't stand however, are straight people, typically upper middle class college aged white people, who feel that they are superior to others because they act like stuck up pricks to anybody who jokingly uses the word gay in a derogatory manner. Just because I say to my friend that some song is gay doesn't mean that I'm supporting some sort of systematic oppression against homosexuals.

Dude don't be gay, we're trying to be mature here.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
08.01.2012 - 00:21
Zealot644
Written by [user id=111774] on 08.01.2012 at 00:07

My school has been pushing this campaign to stop the use of 'gay' as a negative term towards things you dont like. I myself have used it without really thinking and with it's current slang usage the word almost has a double meaning. I dont know how many times I've had to tell some overreacting goof that, despite the way it was used, I was not being derogative towards those with different preferences.
08.01.2012 - 00:24
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.01.2012 at 00:12

I am appalled by your ongoing support of the systematic oppression of those who happen to lead a different lifestyle than the one which you choose to live.
08.01.2012 - 00:27
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by [user id=111774] on 08.01.2012 at 00:24
I am appalled by your ongoing support of the systematic oppression of those who happen to lead a different lifestyle than the one which you choose to live.

It's drug week on the Discovery Channel, and I was watching this documentary about gays in the San Francisco meth scene. It's amazing how many gays are against that (^) kind of crap. I think there are probably as many gay people against the pro-gay parades and shit as there are heteros.
----
08.01.2012 - 00:35
Ernis
狼獾
Written by [user id=111774] on 08.01.2012 at 00:24

Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.01.2012 at 00:12

I fear this thread turning to a trollhaven soon...

Actually I doubt anyone deliberately chooses to become gay. While I do not support the idea that it's something people are born with, I tend to think it's a psychological condition that develops because of problems in the environment where a kid grows up and many other outside factors. Inherited mental particularities may also play the part. I don't know many gays nor bisexuals but those I've known all had either a more or less problematic childhood or a broken family or parents who themselves were not your everyday average people. It's rather clear that childhood does leave a mark on a developing personality. At the same time, yes, there are also people who turn it into a fashion statement.
08.01.2012 - 01:17
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ernis on 08.01.2012 at 00:35
I don't know many gays nor bisexuals but those I've known all had either a more or less problematic childhood or a broken family or parents who themselves were not your everyday average people.

Not the case with my friends. I know two guys (both in university now, one for music study and the other for psychology) who both had - for all intents and purposes - a "normal" childhood.

One of them is Muslim and his family took a while to accept it, but at the end of the day they came to accept him for who he is.
----
08.01.2012 - 01:26
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Troy Killjoy on 08.01.2012 at 01:17

I don't know many gays nor bisexuals but those I've known all had either a more or less problematic childhood or a broken family or parents who themselves were not your everyday average people.

Not the case with my friends. I know two guys (both in university now, one for music study and the other for psychology) who both had - for all intents and purposes - a "normal" childhood.

One of them is Muslim and his family took a while to accept it, but at the end of the day they came to accept him for who he is.

Yep, I also heard of a dude from a Muslim country who was a normal bloke and dated hot chicks. He later changed and switched to the other side but as I heard, it was because he met some new friends who introduced this culture to him and he grew to like it.
08.01.2012 - 01:28
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff

...but those I've known all had either a more or less problematic childhood or a broken family or parents who themselves were not your everyday average people. It's rather clear that childhood does leave a mark on a developing personality.

Well, for that matter, out of all the people I know from my own generation only 10% have parents with a functioning marriage, at least have of kids have at least one family member with an addiction to, well, whatever and God knows what not. And those who have been fortunate to have a solid family were stirred by other issues because the only people in this country who have had it easy during the 90's were criminals and people who profited from war. Frankly, I have no idea how our parents got by. Maybe my example is a bit extreme but look around you and see how many people have grew up with parents in a gender-equal, loving marriage/relationship. It's no wonder a lot of gays come from those families, a lot of people come from those families too.
----
7.0 means the album is good
08.01.2012 - 02:33
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Milena on 08.01.2012 at 01:28

Maybe my example is a bit extreme but look around you and see how many people have grew up with parents in a gender-equal, loving marriage/relationship. It's no wonder a lot of gays come from those families, a lot of people come from those families too.

Sorry, but I didn't get your message very well. Yep, many families are unhappy and have problems. Of course, not all of them produce homosexual kids. However, unhappy families do leave marks on kids. It's inevitable.
Anyways, it's just that most homosexual people have those roots in family. It's all very complicated and it's hard to draw definitive conclusions. However, one thing is sure, one ain't born this way. No matter what Lady Gaga sings. You could then say that people are born kleptomaniacs/claustrophobics/agoraphobics or whatnot... you could also say that people are born rapists or paedophiles or zoophiles. Why do people say that homosexuality is something that one is "born with" when it hasn't been even proven.
08.01.2012 - 02:38
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Ernis on 08.01.2012 at 02:33

Well, my point was that, if a lot of families in the world aren't happy, that means that naturally a lot of gays will come from troubled families. And about being born with it... we obviously can't reach a conclusion but a lot of gay people say that, in retrospective, they could say that they've always felt "queer" and "inappropriate".
----
08.01.2012 - 02:41
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Milena on 08.01.2012 at 02:38

Well, my point was that, if a lot of families in the world aren't happy, that means that naturally a lot of gays will come from troubled families. And about being born with it... we obviously can't reach a conclusion but a lot of gay people say that, in retrospective, they could say that they've always felt "queer" and "inappropriate".

Maybe yes. We'll probably never know.
08.01.2012 - 02:44
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Milena on 08.01.2012 at 02:38
they could say that they've always felt "queer" and "inappropriate".

Lols, I did not think of any deep shit until I was like 7 and I'm probably overreacting. Kids can barely locate their genitals at that age.
The thing is that I have a hard time thinking that they felt that way when they were little kids XP. But oh well... I'm down with homosexuals and bisexuals... Don't really care about it. I will never believe that you are born that way thought, unless until it's totally proven.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.01.2012 - 02:51
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.01.2012 at 02:44

Lols, I did not think of any deep shit until I was like 7 and I'm probably overreacting. Kids can barely locate their genitals at that age.
The thing is that I have a hard time thinking that they felt that way when they were little kids XP. But oh well... I'm down with homosexuals and bisexuals... Don't really care about it. I will never believe that you are born that way thought, unless until it's totally proven.

I'm not saying sexually, I'm just saying... I've meant that, when they were kids, they've always felt a bit "off" about themselves. When you were a kid, when something important was going around you, could you feel the atmosphere? Could you feel that something is strange about people? Something similar went on with them.

And just so before anyone judges these comments, I'm a straight person who is pro-gay rights. But I think that, in an almost straight world, their sexual orientation, while it is not a sickness or deviation or anything like that, is certainly a peculiar thing and could be discussed as such.
----
08.01.2012 - 02:55
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Milena on 08.01.2012 at 02:51
Could you feel that something is strange about people?

Of course, I felt they were all fucking idiots
But yeah, I'm hetereo, one of my best pals in Chile is gay (AND cheerleader)... yeah, I'm cool with them.
I just like to poke around the subject when I hear someone say that it's totally natural. That's when I say "...no".
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.01.2012 - 02:57
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.01.2012 at 02:55

...it's totally natural. That's when I say "...no".

Well, actually, animals are gay in the same percentage as people, if we're gonna be butthurt (no pun intended!) about it
----
08.01.2012 - 02:59
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Milena on 08.01.2012 at 02:57
Well, actually, animals are gay in the same percentage as people, if we're gonna be butthurt (no pun intended!) about it

I don't see it as natural either in the most scientifically correct sense of the word... It's an anomaly, an error in the matrix It goes against biology because it doesn't produce any offspring. That's why it's not natural to me on a biologic basis, being acceptable is one hell of another subject though I'm still surprised with the amount of shit I got in some other forums for stating that and how few actually got my point and didn't think I was just some random homophobic.

People have this really shitty thought that natural = right. We do a lot of shit that is not natural, doesn't make it wrong just because of that.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.01.2012 - 03:08
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.01.2012 at 02:59

I don't see it as natural either in the most scientifically correct sense of the word... It's an anomaly, an error in the matrix It goes against biology because it doesn't produce any offspring. That's why it's not natural to me on a biologic basis, being acceptable is one hell of another subject though I'm still surprised with the amount of shit I got in some other forums for stating that and how few actually got my point and didn't think I was just some random homophobic.

People have this really shitty thought that natural = right. We do a lot of shit that is not natural, doesn't make it wrong just because of that.

I usually don't use words such as "anomaly", because they tend to be thought of in a negative context. Nature has many ways of limiting offspring in one species, so perhaps this is a universal one and I'd consider it natural.

Yeah, in this day and age a lot of people think that accepting means you should be a part of the LGBT street team and totally mention something positive about being gay every couple of seconds. I've been mistaken for a homophobe once just because I said that kids adopted in gay marriages might be bullied by their peers for that and that it's best for a kid not to go through it. And the other people were all over me because "GAYS HAVE THE RIGHT TO RAISE KIDS". In a perfect world, sure. They might make great parents and make a child very happy. But how would the others perceive them. Kids bully other kids over everything, imagine this/
----
08.01.2012 - 03:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Milena on 08.01.2012 at 03:08
I usually don't use words such as "anomaly", because they tend to be thought of in a negative context. Nature has many ways of limiting offspring in one species, so perhaps this is a universal one and I'd consider it natural.

Hhahhahah yeah, I get that sometimes but fuck it, words don't have any feelings unless you put them there, amiright fucktard? I think that people that get offended by words like that are pretty dense... Except fucktard, that is offensive.

To me, homosexuality is as much as an anomaly as oral sex, biologically speaking it doesn't do anything to the human race... It's just wrong because it doesn't help the goal that we have that is to create more offspring... Unless I'm proven wrong and they actually contribute to something but I doubt it.
----
Rod, let me love you.
08.01.2012 - 03:17
Ernis
狼獾
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.01.2012 at 03:12

Hhahhahah yeah, I get that sometimes but fuck it, words don't have any feelings unless you put them there, amiright fucktard?
To me homosexuality is as much as an anomaly as oral sex, biologically speaking it doesn't do anything to the human race... It's just wrong because it doesn't help the goal that we have that is to create more offspring.. Unless I'm proven wrong and they actually contribute to something but I doubt it.

I agree with you here. Nevertheless, I think some people will bring forth the aspect that human beings don't associate sex with having kids any more and thus anomalies are treated as normalities.

I have to admit tho... oral sex with a woman I have feelings for makes me feel a bit bad. It's unnatural and unpleasant and has nothing beautiful about it. Oral sex with a whore or a one-night-chick is another thing because there's no feelings, just the dirty "fun".
08.01.2012 - 03:22
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Ernis on 08.01.2012 at 03:17
Nevertheless, I think some people will bring forth the aspect that human beings don't associate sex with having kids any more and thus anomalies are treated as normalities.

You know what I say to those who bring that argument?
Biology doesn't change for you and anybody.... It doesn't offend you, it doesn't benefit you, it does nothing to you. It just IS. Stuff like that doesn't change just because our mentality did.
----
Rod, let me love you.