Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
11.01.2012 - 01:06
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ernis on 10.01.2012 at 00:55
But I never wrote anywhere that 100% of kids from dysfunctional families end up being homosexual. Instead what I wanted to say was that many (not all) homosexuals have had "family history". It's completely the opposite. It's not that all As become Bs. It's just that many Bs have been As. Neither did I say that all of them deliberately chose to be gay or bi. One person I've known indeed made a choice but it was because of frustration and anger towards the opposite sex. Another example was described by an acquaintance of mine. She knew one guy who decided to have sexual relationships with men only because of anger towards women which stemmed from his past. A friend of mine told me how one friend of his had always had rotten luck with women and later tried it with guys, an experience that scarred him so much that he jumped off a bridge. All stories of gay people have been really sad ones. And, for sure, I bet none of them really chose that kind of life. Out of all those gay/bi people I think I've talked to only one "happy" kind of bloke. And even he actually seemed as if from another planet to me.

Well, with the amount of dysfunctional families that are out there, then it just stands to reason that some gay people will have been reared by those families. There's no firm evidence to suggest that gay people become gay because of family difficulties. I would say those specific cases you are describing are very much in the minority, and the extreme end of the wedge. Most gay people's unhappiness growing up stems from others' attitudes towards homosexuality, more than anything else. People who "choose" to be gay, are not really gay at all, I would argue. And these people will find that out for themselves sooner or later. A lot of people, especially guys, think that women become lesbians because of bad experiences with men, or lack of luck with them. To many such people, I would tick all the boxes required to "be a lesbian", yet I've never been that way inclined.

Like I said, Your true sexuality can be defied, but not chosen. People who choose to be gay are really no different than gay people who are in the closet. They are living a false life to cover up an aspect of themselves, or past life which they cannot get to grips with. However, like I said, people in this category who identify as gay are very much in a minority, and can't be used as a means of saying that all gay people are gay because of bad experiences with the opposite sex.

Written by Angelic Storm on 10.01.2012 at 00:38
For me also, personality is the most important thing about other people. Anyone's sexuality is a non-issue for me as long as that person is a good and kind one and respectful towards others. And if that person is a douche, then my opinion is based on his behaviour, not his sexual preferences. After all, I can't tell another person "Hey, don't do this/Don't do that!" If two blokes decide to be a couple or if two chicks like to have some fun with each other, please. I am not going to verbally julienne them because of that.

That is of course, as it should be. Whilst I may not agree with some of your views regarding gay people, it is pleasing that you can hold those views, but still have that attitude towards them. A person's sexuality should never be an issue when it comes to how their worth as people is judged. Sure some gay people can be idiots, but then, a lot of heteros are also idiots. There's no single negative personality trait that is exclusive to gay people only.
11.01.2012 - 01:24
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
Written by Ernis on 11.01.2012 at 00:39

As I said, homosexuals come from heterosexual families too.

This implies that homosexual people are somehow abnormal or flawed. Meanwhile, no scientific authority supports this statement. The general consensus is that "Despite the persistence of stereotypes that portray lesbian, gay, and bisexual people as disturbed, several decades of research and clinical experience have led all mainstream medical and mental health organizations to conclude that these orientations represent normal forms of human experience."

Some social scientists even believe that the definitions of homosexuality and heterosexuality are actually just constructs prevalent in western culture. Throughout history, there have been many cultures where homosexual behavior was seen as completely normal.

Generally speaking, I think that much of the discrimination that homosexual people face comes from stereotypes that come from religious and political rhetoric prevalent in pan-European cultures. Homosexuality goes against the concept of a nuclear family; however, that concept developed largely due to economical constraints and is not in any way, shape or form, the natural order of how human beings form social groups. Throughout history there are countless other family models that worked just as well under the conditions specific to the time and place.

Nuclear families are experiencing a crisis in developed countries now simply because they are no longer the ideal economic unit. It is no longer necessary to be in a successful nuclear family to be successful in life and therefore people go into relationships because of emotional reasons more than practical ones. This is why about 50% of all marriages currently end in divorce. A lot of people look at nuclear families as the ideal family unit; however, this is an example of a nostalgia trap. There is in fact no evidence that nuclear families were ever particularly successful or beneficial for the people they raised.
11.01.2012 - 01:55
Ernis
狼獾
Written by jupitreas on 11.01.2012 at 01:24

nostalgia trap.

Boo-hoo... you shattered my vision of a beautiful and perfect world. I don't wanna live on this planet any more.

All right, I'm just kidding with you... forget it...

Written by Angelic Storm on 11.01.2012 at 01:06

To many such people, I would tick all the boxes required to "be a lesbian", yet I've never been that way inclined.

Not all As are Bs even though many Bs are As... I will say no more.

That is of course, as it should be. Whilst I may not agree with some of your views regarding gay people, it is pleasing that you can hold those views, but still have that attitude towards them. A person's sexuality should never be an issue when it comes to how their worth as people is judged. Sure some gay people can be idiots, but then, a lot of heteros are also idiots. There's no single negative personality trait that is exclusive to gay people only.

What views? Can't say I'd have a problem with them on a personal level. Nor did I ever state that gay=idiot. Still, given everything, unless I'm 110% supportive, I'm still as good as being 100% against them which I'm not.

I'm gonna retire from this conversation for now. Sorry for everyone who considers what I've written outrageous and offensive but I swear I am not a homophobic person and therefore I don't think I need to consult any psychiatrist to be cured from my pc-deficiency disorder.
11.01.2012 - 01:58
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ernis on 11.01.2012 at 01:55
I'm gonna retire from this conversation for now. Sorry for everyone who considers what I've written outrageous and offensive but I swear I am not a homophobic person and therefore I don't think I need to consult any psychiatrist to be cured from my pc-deficiency disorder.

No need to do that. I mean, I disagree with your views... but whatevs. I think people won't think of you as supportive because you say you're 95% supportive but then say that gays don't make for ideal parents. That... that's like 90% un-supportive, really. No gay person would ever think of you as someone who supports them if you told them to their face that heteros make for better parents.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
11.01.2012 - 02:11
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Ernis on 11.01.2012 at 01:55
Not all As are Bs even though many Bs are As... I will say no more.

I really don't think women like me are in the minority. Statistically, there are far more straight women than those who are lesbian. And I'm sure many of those straight women have had bad experiences with men, but are still straight. Lesbians who only identify as that because of bad experiences with men definitely are in the minority. And I'd argue they are even within lesbianism.

What views? Can't say I'd have a problem with them on a personal level. Nor did I ever state that gay=idiot. Still, given everything, unless I'm 110% supportive, I'm still as good as being 100% against them which I'm not.

Well, seeing as I am 100% supportive, then anything less than that is views that I wouldn't entirely agree with. Now, I'm not saying you have to be 100% supportive, simply that I don't agree with some of your opinions about gay people. That doesn't mean I'm saying you're homophobic, just that I have different views regarding some of your opinions on homosexuality. lol
11.01.2012 - 02:12
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Troy Killjoy on 11.01.2012 at 01:58

That... that's like 90% un-supportive, really. No gay person would ever think of you as someone who supports them if you told them to their face that heteros make for better parents.

All right, 90's fine enough I guess. I couldn't decide between 90 and 95 but mayb 90 suits better. Cheers.

Written by Angelic Storm on 11.01.2012 at 02:11

That doesn't mean I'm saying you're homophobic, just that I have different views regarding some of your opinions on homosexuality. lol

That's grand. I'm glad we finally understand each other.
15.01.2012 - 21:15
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 10.01.2012 at 22:37

That falls on the kids - who, if raised by parents that endorse open-mindedness, tolerance, and acceptance, will not make a big deal out of a situation like that.

The kids who are enduring any kind of bullying or even inadvertent slander are paving the way for future generations to have a safer environment, much like the women of yore made the world we live in today more gender equal. (At least outside of the Middle East and shit.)

What about full-on physical assault? The world is dangerous to any kid out there. Maybe it's just the fact that you're in Canada and I'm in a much less gay-accepting society but I couldn't imagine raising a child in a gay home here. Gay parents would raise children who were open-minded, tolerant and accepting, yes. But the world around them wouldn't. I mean, we had parents here physically abusing other parents on school meetings for having a butterfly tattoo on their wrist. Kids abusing kids who have parents in wheelchairs. ANYTHING out of the ordinary is more or less a cause for physical assault. If I were a gay woman who wanted to raise a child, I certainly wouldn't like to see them injured in order to pave the way for a safer environment.
----
7.0 means the album is good
15.01.2012 - 23:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Milena on 15.01.2012 at 21:15

I don't want to judge your country but it sounds like you guys need to see someone about that...
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.01.2012 - 23:59
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.01.2012 at 23:25

I don't want to judge your country but it sounds like you guys need to see someone about that...

Well I made it sound like Gotham but the truth is that people are so morally retarded that they're lash out on anyone and anything. In my school and town it's mostly just verbal abuse for the kids that don't fit in, though I've witnessed and felt some physical violence as well.

In Belgrade, some schools have it worse - it's a well known fact that kids carry knives to school. I remember a particular case where the nation was "shocked" when some videos of students physically abusing teachers surfaced. I've never seen a case like that in any of my schools though. But in my school we have a teacher who had a brawl with a dead drunk 17-year-old student on a school trip in Greece. It was in self defense because the kid was threatening him and tried (or actually did hit him, all those versions of stories are so different) to assault him.

So yeah, that shit isn't something you see everyday (or for the schools who are better off, in every generation) but they're not unthinkable as they once were. And that's just in "normal" cases. You can imagine what a hard time a kid with gay parents would have. Even if not from his peers - his teachers would discriminate him/her for sure. I've met more than one homophobic teacher in my life, even if they try to hide it.
----
7.0 means the album is good
17.01.2012 - 19:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Something everyone should watch:
----
17.01.2012 - 19:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Troy its coppy wright material you broke a law

Where is Georgy Boy

reletinships - so it means Im gay?
I dont like I cant be together whit anybody nwo it means Im gay?

Blood donate ----- there is aids test

Does it hepens in nowdays .... how many so called nromal , streight ppl are stupid and more idots .....our society can not call them selfs civilazed
Indeed all shood see it
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2012 - 09:29
Vána
I have no problem with gay/trans gender/lesbian, or whatever. I don't know why people make such a big deal about it, everyone has the right to live their own life the way they choose. Gender identification or what sex you are attracted to does not harm anyone. The world needs more love.
18.01.2012 - 16:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Vána on 18.01.2012 at 09:29

I have no problem with gay/trans gender/lesbian, or whatever. I don't know why people make such a big deal about it, everyone has the right to live their own life the way they choose. Gender identification or what sex you are attracted to does not harm anyone. The world needs more love.

same here but if gay will act like ''Im agay c mon respect me, whit lil roster bully attitde'' I ont like him same like I do bar fihers and bully who pusch ppl around and so on, school bully who take away money from other ppl and so on, ppl personality is important to me not his skin color, religius belifes or sexual orentation , he can even be fan football and hockey team what I dislike
----

apos;'
[image]
19.01.2012 - 01:00
Vána
Written by Bad English on 18.01.2012 at 16:13

Written by Vána on 18.01.2012 at 09:29

same here but if gay will act like ''Im agay c mon respect me, whit lil roster bully attitde'' I ont like him same like I do bar fihers and bully who pusch ppl around and so on, school bully who take away money from other ppl and so on, ppl personality is important to me not his skin color, religius belifes or sexual orentation , he can even be fan football and hockey team what I dislike

Yeah I agree with you, I'm just saying if someone is gay it doesn't matter to me. I'm not talking about their personality or the way they treat people, that's has nothing to do with their sexual preference as far as I'm concerned it's unrelated. No one should act like a bully and demand respect. Everyone deserves equal respect. lol, sports suck in general, expect badminton.
19.01.2012 - 01:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Vána on 19.01.2012 at 01:00
I'm not talking about their personality or the way they treat people, that's has nothing to do with their sexual preference as far as I'm concerned it's unrelated.

Exactly. If you're an asshole, it doesn't matter if you're gay or straight or bi-gender or whatever. You're still an asshole.

The same goes for if you're a good-natured person.
----
14.05.2012 - 02:14
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Some discussion was going way offtopic in an otherwise pretty useless thread, so...

Written by [user id=20536] on 14.05.2012 at 01:24

Written by X-Ray Rod on 13.05.2012 at 21:45

Written by [user id=20536] on 13.05.2012 at 21:07
What I mean by the vicious circle is that when Christians makes certain groups angry, those groups do something that makes the Christians angry, then the Christians do something that in turn makes those groups angry again. i.e. the cycle repeats itself.

Sometimes it seems like the only things some groups such as gay people do to make some religious people get angry is getting married in another state or make parades in order to give awareness of their right to get married... Which is something that shouldn't affect them as it's not their business. What is the thing that some religious people do in order to make the gays go angry? They ban marriage... and that DOES affect gays.

You are kind of changing the topic of this discussion. We're talking about Christianity and Satanism here in reference to the vicious cycle.

There you go.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.09.2012 - 21:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is real reason why all WP and far wright activist groops and so called patriotic groops whos' for white europe and white race are aganst homosexuality ... in all praid riots mainly who take part there are wp activsist
why they are aganst homosexuality and what is extreme left side attitude in this case?
----

apos;'
[image]
09.09.2012 - 23:06
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I think apart from a few real fanatics, almost noone really hates homosexuals itself, people just mind how they show up in public...can you imagine "normal" people having "normal people pride" festival? would be taken as a nazi act against homosexuals...but if they have their to proudly show everyone they are different and that it is for good?

so this is for example what my problem is...i am perfectly ok with persons being "different"...i wouldnt mistreat homosexual person in any way, i wont break bonds of friendship because of that, i wont mind working with such person, have him as a teammate, whatever...i am not blocking two gay people having a relationship (who would i be, if i would do that?)...i even think many children will be much better in a family of two dads/mums than in a "normal" family but being hated and beaten by parents or being orphaned...but what i hate is this "wheee! we are gay people! come here and watch us! we are fabulous, better than you!" altitude...and i am pretty sure most people who are proclaimed being "against homosexuality" are like me...

btw. the same thing i said in feminism thread - if you need law support and government regulations, you are not "equal", you are "more favored"...and this is wrong
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

09.09.2012 - 23:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 09.09.2012 at 23:06

I think apart from a few real fanatics, almost noone really hates homosexuals itself, people just mind how they show up in public...can you imagine "normal" people having "normal people pride" festival? would be taken as a nazi act against homosexuals...but if they have their to proudly show everyone they are different and that it is for good?

so this is for example what my problem is...i am perfectly ok with persons being "different"...i wouldnt mistreat homosexual person in any way, i wont break bonds of friendship because of that, i wont mind working with such person, have him as a teammate, whatever...i am not blocking two gay people having a relationship (who would i be, if i would do that?)...i even think many children will be much better in a family of two dads/mums than in a "normal" family but being hated and beaten by parents or being orphaned...but what i hate is this "wheee! we are gay people! come here and watch us! we are fabulous, better than you!" altitude...and i am pretty sure most people who are proclaimed being "against homosexuality" are like me...

btw. the same thing i said in feminism thread - if you need law support and government regulations, you are not "equal", you are "more favored"...and this is wrong

I have nbo problems whit them either I have nothing aganst its ppl desition and I wont tecah them you need be streight I dont care , if person is nice its OK whit me, but neo nazies , other wp groops .... look at Russia, serbia , Poland praids ... Latvian WP organsations also talk about some praids hwo sabotage,s uch ppl shood be exicuted etc .... why wp hates homosexuals
I cant find srtreight ansver and they are to stupid to ansver either
----

apos;'
[image]
10.09.2012 - 06:02
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
Shouldn't this be in the serious forum?
10.09.2012 - 11:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=113163] on 10.09.2012 at 06:02

Shouldn't this be in the serious forum?

send a forum report
IMO such tread + christianity once was there in old days when all wa slocked when rexcah 500 posts
----

apos;'
[image]
28.12.2012 - 13:57
Torelli
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2012 at 21:37

What is real reason why all WP and far wright activist groops and so called patriotic groops whos' for white europe and white race are aganst homosexuality ... in all praid riots mainly who take part there are wp activsist
why they are aganst homosexuality and what is extreme left side attitude in this case?

the reason why white power groups hate homosexuality? well, look at their ideology. They belive in different races and different bloodlines and all that bullshit, so reproduction is in the spotlight. To have a (white) baby, you need a (white) woman and a (white) man whereas babies are necacerry to strenghten "the ayrean race". But the real reason why wp groups hate homosexuality is beacuse they find it "demoralizing". Really, it has to do with the type of masculinity that is represented in those movements. the ideal man in white power movement is to be strong and though and that "protect" (or dominates) women. Something homosexual men challange, espially if presented in a stereotypical way.

Of course "white power" is retardant in everyway, both when it comes to veiws on the nation, "races", gender and sexuality.
28.12.2012 - 14:06
Torelli

how come law support and goverment regulations automaticly mean "being more favored"?

These laws was created for a reason, since the majority of the time the laws works more in favor for (white heterosexual) men. whatever these laws would create a more equal society or generate a backslash, that is up for debate though.
30.12.2012 - 16:06
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Torelli on 28.12.2012 at 13:57

Written by Bad English on 09.09.2012 at 21:37

the reason why white power groups hate homosexuality? well, look at their ideology. They belive in different races and different bloodlines and all that bullshit, so reproduction is in the spotlight. To have a (white) baby, you need a (white) woman and a (white) man whereas babies are necacerry to strenghten "the ayrean race". But the real reason why wp groups hate homosexuality is beacuse they find it "demoralizing". Really, it has to do with the type of masculinity that is represented in those movements. the ideal man in white power movement is to be strong and though and that "protect" (or dominates) women. Something homosexual men challange, espially if presented in a stereotypical way.

Of course "white power" is retardant in everyway, both when it comes to veiws on the nation, "races", gender and sexuality.

I see, never thought about that think and well as far i know and realise new WP is werry christian , we need be ''correct'' and now I hate WP more how I have hated them, total idiots
----

apos;'
[image]
06.01.2013 - 08:20
SilentScream
Blasphemer
Written by Torelli on 28.12.2012 at 14:06

how come law support and goverment regulations automaticly mean "being more favored"?

These laws was created for a reason, since the majority of the time the laws works more in favor for (white heterosexual) men. whatever these laws would create a more equal society or generate a backslash, that is up for debate though.

Good point. If the status quo favors white hetero males, than maybe laws that enable a more equal society are legitimate.

But of course the ''white hetero male'' has a tendency of protecting his privileges, thus arguments such as Ellrohir's.
06.01.2013 - 12:42
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Yep, I always find it strange, and a bit disturbing, when members of a priviledged section of society think that minorities wanting equal rights, are somehow wanting "special rights".
07.01.2013 - 12:36
Gurth Bennas
Homosexuality is a mental manner in which is the nature of some certain ppl. in Iran we had a great poet named Molana who was a gay! they're in the societies and living with us. I hate gay acts as a male, but that doesn't mean to hate the one who loves it. I hate it then I never go about it. that's what we should do. the same for the lesbians.
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
07.01.2013 - 12:43
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Gurth Bennas on 07.01.2013 at 12:36

Homosexuality is a mental manner in which is the nature of some certain ppl. in Iran we had a great poet named Molana who was a gay! they're in the societies and living with us. I hate gay acts as a male, but that doesn't mean to hate the one who loves it. I hate it then I never go about it. that's what we should do.

on which exact evidence you say Rumi is gay ?!!!!
07.01.2013 - 17:47
Gurth Bennas
Written by [user id=130727] on 07.01.2013 at 12:43

Homosexuality is a mental manner in which is the nature of some certain ppl. in Iran we had a great poet named Molana who was a gay! they're in the societies and living with us. I hate gay acts as a male, but that doesn't mean to hate the one who loves it. I hate it then I never go about it. that's what we should do.

just by some rumors about he and shams. nothing else. he had gay feelings but didn't do anything. and I said that just for an example of a gay might be a great person
----
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

(One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them)
07.01.2013 - 20:08
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Gurth Bennas on 07.01.2013 at 17:47

Written by [user id=130727] on 07.01.2013 at 12:43

just by some rumors about he and shams. nothing else. he had gay feelings but didn't do anything. and I said that just for an example of a gay might be a great person

There is no evidence so try another example,pff!