Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Unknown user, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
10.09.2008 - 17:31
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by ~Starchild~ on 10.09.2008 at 17:05

But there are so many things already "inside" of us, before we're even born. Some children are born with a sun allergy without having seen the sun. Or look at one's character; a big part of it is predestined by our genes, why not also our sexuality?

O well... Then we're stuck on this matter then since I don't believe in anything related to the word destiny.
I believe that we can control almost everything around us.
Well, except the sun thingy and other diseases.... THEN you're screwed!
One day can mean a lot for a person. Tomorrow I can be the guy who killed 10 guys because I decided so.
It's just a metaphor... I know that we don't change that fast.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.09.2008 - 17:35
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by ~Starchild~ on 10.09.2008 at 17:05

Sorry dude, but I don't really get what you want to say^^ I wasn't talking about humans braking the laws of nature, instead I said I don't believe that homosexuality has more than one reason.
The fact that cannibalism exists, has nothing to do with it

The "cannibalism" was also a metaphor... Anyways my point is the brain creates things to force us to believe some specific stuff.. in this case, in homosexuality. But enough of that.. I know people who witnessed several of cases like this: people who become homosexual, each one by different reasons.
I didn't want to bring up this subject but fuck it. My mother told me that, one of the reasons she divorced my father, was because he was questioning his sexuality...
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
10.09.2008 - 17:46
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by ~Starchild~ on 10.09.2008 at 14:56

That's exactly what I don't believe. I have never seen a phenomena in nature that had two different reasons.

Nope, this is quite common. You can have a genetic disposition to developing schizophrenia, for example, but whether it actually develops depends on factors outside of the body. I'm not sure if it's correct but I'd imagine it's the same for homosexuality.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
10.09.2008 - 17:54
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by -tom- on 10.09.2008 at 17:46

Nope, this is quite common. You can have a genetic disposition to developing schizophrenia, for example, but whether it actually develops depends on factors outside of the body. I'm not sure if it's correct but I'd imagine it's the same for homosexuality.

If Homosexuality is a gen thing... Then I second what you said.
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.09.2008 - 11:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.09.2008 at 17:26

Written by Dark Blood on 10.09.2008 at 16:33

Written by ~Starchild~ on 10.09.2008 at 14:56

Written by Dark Blood on 10.09.2008 at 03:21

I quess it can't be either on case or another.. there's certainly the 2 cases of homosexuality: The ones who are influenced in some way; and the others who were born with it.

That's exactly what I don't believe. I have never seen a phenomena in nature that had two different reasons.

I've never seen animals of the same species eating each other... We're talking about humans, don't you think we've broken the rules of nature many times? Besides the human brain is a very complex thing.. it can easily makes you see things that are not there (I'm using a metaphor).

There is homosexuality in the animal world as well. Some dogs, cats, etc. are also homosexual.

A saw a documentary about it once, monkeys and lionesses. The argument that animals can't do it is dead.
----

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
11.09.2008 - 14:52
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by ~Starchild~ on 10.09.2008 at 19:59

No, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that everything is predetermined. I don't believe in destiny neither.
I just think that there some things inside us (e.g. parts of our character) that we cannot change.
I'll give you an example to explain what I mean: I would describe me as an introvert, quiet and in general a quite contemplative person. Even though I agree with you that we can control a lot, I will always be like that. No matter how hard I tried, it would be useless, I will never be an extrovert and loud person who likes to be the centre of attention.
I think the same way about my sexuality.

Like Jackson being a black even if he looks white ...
Getting serious now. Yeah, I undertand what you mean [But some persons can change their way to live if they just want to. for example the introvert thingy...]

About sexuality... ermmm, Let's say that I don't either agree or disagree with you. I'm open for every theory that sounds correct in a way,.
----
Rod, let me love you.
11.09.2008 - 15:01
Ernis
狼獾
Written by BloodTears on 11.09.2008 at 11:02

A saw a documentary about it once, monkeys and lionesses. The argument that animals can't do it is dead.

If to think now, if an animal has a phase which requires it to go through "humping movements" then the animal is willing to hump anything not just the specimen of the same species and of opposite sex but also all others....It's quite common for cows to hump each other...if there's no bull around but humping-feeling invades their minds....
Dogs, both male and female shag each other regardless of their sex....the hell...they sometimes attempt to copulate even with the legs of people and furniture details....
And of course animals will also enjoy humping other animals of same sex for the pleasure of it...
Plus there was a family living in the neighbourhood who had some very fashionable doggies...all pf pure breed...one dog was mother and the others were her children....of course not only did the doggies occasionally hump each other...they also liked to lick the under-the-tail region of their mother and made copulation movements as well which caused the mother dog to enjoy it a lot....

Fo shoar....if the animals engage in homosexualism, incest and other similar activities then why are people STILL restrained from doing the same....these are the ways of the nature...which means these are completely normal and given to every living being with DNA.....these are too NATURAL.....
11.09.2008 - 15:26
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Cows don't hump each other. All cows are female.

I see what you're saying though. I don't think that whether other animals have been known to exhibit homosexual behaviour has any relevance to humans. What matters is whether there's anything morally wrong with humans doing these things if they want. Incest is illegal because the children born from these relationships usually have serious health problems and there would be endless problems with child abuse and sexual harassment if incest was legal.

I don't see the moral dilemma with homosexuality.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
11.09.2008 - 17:40
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
Written by -tom- on 11.09.2008 at 15:26

Cows don't hump each other. All cows are female.

I see what you're saying though. I don't think that whether other animals have been known to exhibit homosexual behaviour has any relevance to humans. What matters is whether there's anything morally wrong with humans doing these things if they want. Incest is illegal because the children born from these relationships usually have serious health problems and there would be endless problems with child abuse and sexual harassment if incest was legal.

I don't see the moral dilemma with homosexuality.

Animals exhibiting homosexual behavior gives a clue to the evolutionary importance of homosexuality... and provides evidence for a genetic basis, because animals don't obviously "choose" to be gay. I don't see the moral dilemma either, consenting adults are completely different than children being taken advantage of.
11.09.2008 - 19:43
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Homosexuality can't have any evolutionary advantage. It can either be a disadvantage (as homosexuals are less likely to reproduce) or remain constant. If the gene for homosexuality is on the recessive allele it won't become less common. Hardy Weinberg principle explains this but I don't entirely understand it because surely homosexuality means non-random mating - read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardy-Weinberg_principle

(I've had this explained to me before and it made sense but if someone can explain the Hardy Weinberg principle in layman's terms I'd appreciate it.)
----

Read Watchmen.
16.11.2008 - 19:46
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
I was inspired to bring back this thrad after reading a thread on the myspace forums. Here's an interesting post.

Quote:
I, for one, am glad that Proposition 8 passed in California, even though I do not live there.

I am against gay marriage, and most points of this 'gay civil rights' movement that is being pushed by the Left.

Homosexuals already have the same amount of 'rights' as any heterosexual. Why should they be allowed to do whatever they want?
I mean, the basic argument for gay marriage is they want to be able to marry whoever they want; for tax benefits, or in a way to express their love for each other, (the correct word escapes me now) or for whatever reason.

I don't get why they should be given the 'right' to marry whoever they want. If they should be able to do whatever they would like, that would give them MORE 'rights' than heterosexual people.
I'm sure there are heterosexual people out there that would LIKE to have more than one spouse, but they are not given that right, it's a federal offense.
So why should homosexual people get to marry whoever they want, because they would LIKE to marry another man/woman?

Good stuff?
----

Read Watchmen.
16.11.2008 - 22:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by -tom- on 16.11.2008 at 19:46

I was inspired to bring back this thrad after reading a thread on the myspace forums. Here's an interesting post.

Quote:
I, for one, am glad that Proposition 8 passed in California, even though I do not live there.

I am against gay marriage, and most points of this 'gay civil rights' movement that is being pushed by the Left.

Homosexuals already have the same amount of 'rights' as any heterosexual. Why should they be allowed to do whatever they want?
I mean, the basic argument for gay marriage is they want to be able to marry whoever they want; for tax benefits, or in a way to express their love for each other, (the correct word escapes me now) or for whatever reason.

I don't get why they should be given the 'right' to marry whoever they want. If they should be able to do whatever they would like, that would give them MORE 'rights' than heterosexual people.
I'm sure there are heterosexual people out there that would LIKE to have more than one spouse, but they are not given that right, it's a federal offense.
So why should homosexual people get to marry whoever they want, because they would LIKE to marry another man/woman?

Good stuff?

well, if we're talking about gay people having no problems marrying both a member of the opposite sex and of the same sex, i can see why he'd be annoyed. of course this is a completely absurd case so it's not even worth discussing.

so gay people can marry whoever they want regardless of sex... well so can the guy who wrote that.. guess that didn't cross his mind.
01.12.2008 - 22:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
On the topic of homosexuality i have only one thing to say. those of you who do the "coming out" thing, PLEASE dont spring it on whoever you're going to tell while they're very stoned. one of my best friends told me he was gay the other day while we were really stoned. i mean im accepting of him and everything, i just didnt want that sprung on me in that mindset. you know? so please, spare your friends or family trauma and tell them while theyre sober. thank you.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
03.12.2008 - 05:14
Written by LeChron James on 01.12.2008 at 22:39

On the topic of homosexuality i have only one thing to say. those of you who do the "coming out" thing, PLEASE dont spring it on whoever you're going to tell while they're very stoned. one of my best friends told me he was gay the other day while we were really stoned. i mean im accepting of him and everything, i just didnt want that sprung on me in that mindset. you know? so please, spare your friends or family trauma and tell them while theyre sober. thank you.

lol
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
14.01.2009 - 21:50
Slayer666
Ugh, I know many of you people are going to hate me for this, but..... I think homosexuality sucks! It's just not natural! Think about it! If that was ever supposed to be like that, there would be only one sex, not two! I thank you for your understanding, if you have any.
14.01.2009 - 21:50
Slayer666

Stoned, as in, druged?
14.01.2009 - 21:55
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Slayer666 on 14.01.2009 at 21:50

Stoned, as in, druged?

stoned as in we smoked a blunt in the parking lot on thet side of a liquor store in his car maybe 10 mins before then promptly popped some skeletal muscle relaxants. the pills were right starting to take hold when he hit me with it. i was not amused in the fuckin least.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
14.01.2009 - 22:11
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have a few friends that liked to discuss erotic thoughts while we were smoking pot and for some reason it always included homo-erotic shit and I'd have to agree that it's not something you like to adopt into your conversation while stoned...I had to take a short trip away from the group while they started in on that...
15.01.2009 - 05:41
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I couldn't agree more with that statement man...being gay is fine with me...there are so many gays out there that probably aren't really gay...those people just want attention all the time and use the whole gay culture to get attention...I've known a few of my friends who came out and then after a long period of time BECAME SICK OF BEING GAY!?...just because didn't pay attention to him anymore...but then there are homosexuals who are quiet and generally down-to-earth good people...they live a normal live just like you and me...however, they're gay and like guys...I could've sworn these people were straight...I only get out of them if they're straight or not if I ask them their sexual orientation...the only thing they say in response is 'oh...well...I'm a bit different from you I guess....'
15.01.2009 - 06:54
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
No offense intended but I think you could some that up in one phrase. that being, "Gay people are cool but fagots are gay". It makes sense to me
----
Coldgrits
15.01.2009 - 06:56
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Homosexuality is like listening to Trivium - I don't care if you do it but don't play it around me.
15.01.2009 - 11:48
Slayer666
Written by LeChron James on 14.01.2009 at 21:55

Written by Slayer666 on 14.01.2009 at 21:50

Stoned, as in, druged?

stoned as in we smoked a blunt in the parking lot on thet side of a liquor store in his car maybe 10 mins before then promptly popped some skeletal muscle relaxants. the pills were right starting to take hold when he hit me with it. i was not amused in the fuckin least.

Dude, you HAVE to stop doing that shit!
15.01.2009 - 11:51
Slayer666
Written by Blood Red Moon on 15.01.2009 at 08:08

That "Hey Girlfriend" act is just another way for them to be out in the open and let people know that they are gay, and you're amongst gay people. All of that gay pride stuff I think is what makes most people "homo haters." As far as I know most people don't give a shit and just don't want to hear or know about it.

They could easily just blend in with everybody else and nobody would care or discriminate against them, it's mostly because they have to stand out all the time. They have to walk the gay guy walk, talk the gay guy talk, and wear their gay clothes.

Again, my brother didn't start dressing like a gay guy until he came out, it's a fucking show! He started dying his hair blond or black, and making some really gay hair-do, just part of the show.

Nobody is telling you to be a straight person, or look like a "straight person." I'm saying look like a NORMAL person. Sure they can make the arguement of "who are you to say what's normal?" I mean anything but this stupid gay man movement. The 80's had the 80's look, the 90's had the 90's look, the 00's have the 00's look. The whole fag movement is just to be different and be "accepted" when normal people usually hate what's different.

That's not really just an attitude for some people. There are really some "Hey. girlfriend" people, you know, feminent.
BTW, whatever possesed your brother to be gay?
15.01.2009 - 14:34
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Blood Red Moon on 15.01.2009 at 03:03

My brother is gay, and I often don't think of him as a real person. There is no reason for him to have to be all "Hey girlfriend," if you know what I mean. Over the years it has just annoyed the hell out of me. If he wants to fuck guys in his closet then that's fine, but I don't want to have to know about. Whenever he's all "Hey girlfriend" it just reminds me that he's into guys and I hate having that at the front of my head. He never was all girly like that before he came out, just when he came out he STARTED acting like that, so seriously it's all just a show, a really gross show that I don't want to see. Maybe some people are like this but I don't walk around all day saying,

Just keep it to yourself. And quit trying to be different.

First of all, the majority of gay guys (maybe 80-90%) are fairly typical people from my experience. The camp queens which you seem to be referring to are laughed at by the majority of people. It does seem to be the case that some people put it on to try and conform to some stereotype but isn't this true of any group of people? Surely your same logic could be applied to metal, right? "I don't care if people listen to metal as long as they don't feel the need to show everyone by wearing band shirts and having long hair".

As far as I'm concerned people can dress and act however they want. It makes no difference to me. By the way, the chances are that your brother always felt like that but couldn't be himself when he was in the closet rather than he consciously decided to act gay.

Quote:
"hey I'm straight, just supporting hetero-rights here! By the way I fucked my girlfriend a few minutes ago, it was awesome, and i'm proud of that, see my sticker in my window."

No gay person has ever acted like this. Let's keep this thread sensible or don't bother posting.

Written by Blood Red Moon on 15.01.2009 at 08:08

That "Hey Girlfriend" act is just another way for them to be out in the open and let people know that they are gay, and you're amongst gay people. All of that gay pride stuff I think is what makes most people "homo haters." As far as I know most people don't give a shit and just don't want to hear or know about it.

They could easily just blend in with everybody else and nobody would care or discriminate against them, it's mostly because they have to stand out all the time. They have to walk the gay guy walk, talk the gay guy talk, and wear their gay clothes.

This is a fairly small proportion of the gay community from what I've seen. I don't understand why you're so keen to generalise an exagerrated stereotype to a huge group of people. What is your experience of gay people apart from your brother? Stereotypes on TV? I go to gay clubs all the time and meet loads of different people. Most gay guys are just typical, normal guys.
----

Read Watchmen.
15.01.2009 - 14:40
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by Dangerboner on 15.01.2009 at 06:56

Homosexuality is like listening to Trivium - I don't care if you do it but don't play it around me.

Why are straight people exempt from this rule? I don't think it's whether you're gay, straight or bi that's the issue here. If I was in a restuarant and the people on the next table were graphically talking about sex I would feel uncomfortable regardless of whether they were straight or gay.
----

Read Watchmen.
15.01.2009 - 16:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by [user id=2084] on 15.01.2009 at 05:41

there are so many gays out there that probably aren't really gay...those people just want attention

like the vocalist of a well-known black metal band?
15.01.2009 - 17:05
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I think I should start a Straight Pride Parade

@Valentin B: Yeah I was told that a few weeks ago...it meant nothing to me at the time because I didn't know who he was but then I went and listened to his music afterwards...does he make it very obvious on stage though?
15.01.2009 - 17:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

...there are so many gays out there that probably aren't really gay...

There are way more heterosexuals (even married to women ones) out there that aren't really heterosexual
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.01.2009 - 18:30
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 15.01.2009 at 16:52

there are so many gays out there that probably aren't really gay...those people just want attention

like the vocalist of a well-known black metal band?

Hey leave Gaahl alone. The dude really just needs to be loved.
----
(space for rent)
15.01.2009 - 19:23
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Slayer666 on 15.01.2009 at 11:48

Dude, you HAVE to stop doing that shit!

stop doing what? poppin pills, smoking weed or listening to my friend tell me he's gay after engaging in the previous 2 acts or all of the above?
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor