Metal Storm logo
Warmen - Part Ways With Drummer, Replacement Confirmed

While preparing for the release of their long-awaited new album later this year, Warmen announce changes within the ranks. After more than 20 years, the band have parted ways with drummer Mirka Rantanen. At the same time, they introduce Seppo Tarvainen as a full-time replacement.

Statement from the band as follows: "After 24 years of Warmen we have decided to go on our separate ways with our drummer Mirka Rantanen. We are nothing but grateful to have had such an amazing trip with Mirka. We will be friends forever and wish Mirka the best of luck with all of his projects and career. Please help us welcome our new drummer Seppo Tarvainen. Due to our new material being slightly more aggressive, we needed some young blood behind the drum kit!"

Mirka comments on departure: "Janne asked me to join somewhere around 1999 and I was sure to come aboard. All in all we made five albums together and always had a great time. It feels great that the album which will be my final one with Warmen has finally been released thru a proper label. I am currently busy with my own band Circus Of Rock and many other bands and projects. After 24 years I am happy to have Seppo as my successor, and I think he is definitely the right man for the job. Good luck Seppo and Warmen!"

Seppo on joining Warmen: "I was really blown away when Antti called me about the drummer position for Warmen. Did NOT see that coming. Of course I didn’t hesitate at all (well maybe a little) because everybody knows that these guys are top notch players, but most important, great dudes to hang with! When I first heard their demo tracks it was more obvious why they reached out to me, it was HEAVY. I like it heavy. Drum tracking at the legendary Finnvox studios was something else, something to remember. Great times! The new songs rip! It wasn’t easy to step in after Mirka Rantanen, there was a lot of pressure to say at the least. Mirka is such a legend and a really great drummer! Definitely not small boots to fill, but I’m gonna put all in and shed some sweat to make it tight and heavy. I have to give huge thanks to the guys for giving me the opportunity and the best seat in metal."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Warmen
Posted: 27.03.2023 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 17 users
28.03.2023 - 12:09
Duck Dodgers
"Trigger warning: This article contains a photo of a Child of Bodom with shaved head."

Please put a warning/disclaimer next time!

Hits total: 1527 | This month: 8