Who was there?

nikarg 100%

All dates of this tour

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 7 users
24.03.2024 - 10:15
nikarg
Staff
First time for me seeing Green Lung, with support from Saturday Night Satan, instead of Spirit Adrift. I have already mentioned Saturday Night Satan in the new album recommendations thread, they are a new band featuring Black Soul Horde's Jim Kotsis with catchy songs in the vein of Lucifer; check out "Devil In Disguise", and you'll be hooked. Performance-wise, the band was solid, but there is room for improvement in the vocals.

Green Lung, on the other hand, were a revelation. Fantastic performances, great energy, and superb setlist. They played tracks from all three albums, with emphasis on This Heathen Land, of course, which is their best, in my opinion. The performance of "Song Of The Stones" was breathtaking, and it was followed by "Hunters In The Sky" and "One For Sorrow", making this my favourite part of the concert. Other highlights were "Maxine", "Leaders Of The Blind", and "Let The Devil In" which blew the place up in the encore. I will quote what musclassia said in a previous Roadburn article, because it sums up my experience in the exact same way:

Quote:
Green Lung’s main strengths here were the clarity of the mix, which allowed Scott Black’s guitar leads to come through very clearly, and their on-stage energy, with Tom Templar regularly rallying the troops in the audience.

If you have a chance to see them, do not miss them. This is a band that has everything needed to become big.

Hits total: 85 | This month: 44