Metal Storm logo
Stolen songs (NOT covers)

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 28.06.2006 - 14:02
hey.post here the songs(metal or not)which have stolen riffs,keyboards,vocals,etc. from another band without mentioning them in their booklet...
i'll start:Limp Bizkit-behind blue eyes=same as intro of angels fall first(nightwish)
madonna-hung up=abba-gimme gimme gimme(same stupid rhythm)
children of bodom-hatebreeder=nightwish-nemo("nemo sailing home...")
of course i don't know if any one of these have the original song listed in the booklet,so i'm not quite sure...
but anyway a lot of people say that nu metal bands like linkin park and others copy all sorts of riffs and stuff from pantera and sepultura,so fire away and please no posts such as "OMFG THOSE X BAND IDIOTS COPIED THOSE UNBELIEVABLY COOL AND TALENTED GUYS FROM Y BAND'S RIFFS,VOCALS,ETC. IN Z ALBUM WHICH WENT MULTI-PLATINUM!!!WTF HOW CAN SOMEONE IN THEIR FULL CONTROL OF THE BRAIN DO THIS??!?!!?THOSE CHEAP POSER BASTARDS IMITATORS MOTHERFUCKERS!!!"
28.11.2007 - 07:33
Torture Killer
Account deleted
i over heard my brother listening to a rap song that uses the opening riff of raining blood total B.S.
28.11.2007 - 07:41
Oracle
Orcinus
Written by Guest on 28.11.2007 at 07:33

i over heard my brother listening to a rap song that uses the opening riff of raining blood total B.S.

OMG why would some rap song do that. raining blood is one of the best songs of all time. damn rappers.. i hate them
28.11.2007 - 10:24
Dian Cécht
Account deleted
Is it stolen or just inspiration :
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=adukrwHY09s
06.12.2007 - 01:51
ArcanaHereticae
Written by Guest on 28.11.2007 at 07:33

Yeah, I've heard that. That shit was ridiculous. That same fucking Rap artist did a song with Ozzy's Crazy Train in it... wtf
----
The nectar ov Thy rage,
I taste from the cup ov fornication.
And woman by my side,
And scarlet is her skin.
She's eager to rise,
And so eager to please.
06.12.2007 - 23:00
Oracle
Orcinus
GGGrrrr i hate Rap artists stealing from good metal songs it is sooooooo annoying because they are ruining a good song
06.12.2007 - 23:23
Deadsoulman
Elite
Do you people realize that basically when a metal band does it with a non metal song, you find it very cool while people who don't like metal actually think that song is ruined? When metalheads realize they're not the only people on earth who can appreciate music, it's gonna be a great day for humanity.
07.12.2007 - 00:12
Moeror
Written by Deadsoulman on 06.12.2007 at 23:23

Do you people realize that basically when a metal band does it with a non metal song, you find it very cool while people who don't like metal actually think that song is ruined? When metalheads realize they're not the only people on earth who can appreciate music, it's gonna be a great day for humanity.

Ummm gd point
----
On the plain lies an angel, dead
07.12.2007 - 15:17
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Arakain - Dívka S Perlami Ve Vlasech (orginal Scorpions - White Dove)
Ale? Brichta (formerly Arakain) - Noc Kouzel (original Alice Cooper - Poison)

i am not sure if i can name these songs covers, while the lyrics and meaning was completely changed... most propably not...

and Brichta does it with a lot of songs - e.g. his Hattrick is "redone" Kids Arent All Right by The Offspring...

his signing is good but damn, he is taking good ideas and only changing lyrics... :?
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

07.12.2007 - 15:39
Sleep In Sorrow
Ghost Of The Sun
There's a riff in the intro of Dream Theater's song "As I Am" (before the singing begins) that sounds exactly like the main riff of Corrosion of Conformity's "These Shrouded Temples". Must've been a coincidence, I dunno... there's a 12 year gap between "Train of Thought" and "Blind" and I find it difficult to see the DT guys listening to C.O.C....
----
"It's not funny, my ass is on fire..."
09.12.2007 - 20:46
RockeRoy
Dream theater's intro on "In The Name Of God" from train of thought album and "michael jacsons" Give in to me from black or white album and also eminems song that goes " you can suck my dick if you don't like my shit"
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
23.07.2009 - 22:50
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Now i am not sure, if my accuse will be correct here, but i have noticed Arkona's "Brate Slavyane" from "Vozrozhdenie" uses exactly the same music as Nokturnal Mortum's "Perun's Celestial Silver"...i know one cover of this NM's song by czech band ?rec, but there is proclaimed it is cover...but i dont see any connection between it and Arkona's song...so correct me, if i am wrong, but i would say, this is a stolen song (very nice though )
----

24.07.2009 - 01:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Ellrohir on 23.07.2009 at 22:50

Now i am not sure, if my accuse will be correct here, but i have noticed Arkona's "Brate Slavyane" from "Vozrozhdenie" uses exactly the same music as Nokturnal Mortum's "Perun's Celestial Silver"...i know one cover of this NM's song by czech band ?rec, but there is proclaimed it is cover...but i dont see any connection between it and Arkona's song...so correct me, if i am wrong, but i would say, this is a stolen song (very nice though )

Maybe it is an original folk song of which the author is not know (just like whisky In A Jar) o covered all over the place.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.07.2009 - 03:30
tulkas
el parcero
I can think of rap artists stealing songs. First one would be the classic example of Vanilla Ice's song Ice Ice Baby, which is practically the same as Queen's Under Pressure. Then it would be a song from P. Diddy (I don't know the name) which had the same melody of Zeppelin's Kashmir.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
24.07.2009 - 09:28
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Maybe this is not stealing but what do you think about the intro of this songs, IMO, they are very similar.

Rhapsody Of Fire - Dawn Of Victory (2000): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJVDzvJu870

Alestorm - The Quest (2009): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE4h-YTNX7I
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
24.07.2009 - 10:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I'll bet Alestorm members dont even know...

it reminds me myself and my friend when we recently trying to create some atmospheric bm "summoning style" song and when the theme was done, we have discovered the main idea has nearly the same notes as Fear Of The Dark's intro...with absolutely no intention to do so...
----

25.07.2009 - 18:27
Throne Dweller
A friend just realized that Morbid Angel's Summoning Redemption sounds very similar to Behemoth's As Above So Below.

It really does sound extremely similar.
25.08.2009 - 15:47
metal2323
Caliban - Love Song --> the riff which introduces the chorus is stolen from After the Tragedy: "Stained Glass Expectations"
25.08.2009 - 16:58
Smurfophagist
Written by Ellrohir on 23.07.2009 at 22:50

yup, Arkona stole this song...disgusting
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
25.08.2009 - 17:15
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Are you sure of it? or just blaming them because "it must be so"...
----

01.03.2010 - 04:04
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Does anyone know Neil Young the rock musician or his band Crazy Horse here? I have found a song by Astarte (yes... Astarte again...) where the intro sounds like one of his songs. At first i thought it was 'Words', but its not. There is definitely a song though, i only have the album Harvest on my computer though. Any help?
The Astarte song is 'Oblivious Darkness' off the Quod Superius Sicut Inferius album
09.03.2010 - 01:25
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Irritable Ted on 03.03.2010 at 13:10

Pretty much anything off the last few Gamma Ray albums have been nicked from Iron Maiden or Judas Priest. On the new album there are even some Rainbow riffs and solos re-used. You are a talented guy Kai, stop stealing ideas.

But all three bands you mentioned are influential. Their ideas have been used by many bands, it is quite normal. Gamma Ray have slightly turned more Heavy than Power, which probably makes them sound more alike Maiden and Priest.
09.03.2010 - 01:27
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Elite
Written by Deadsoulman on 06.12.2007 at 23:23

Never thought about it like than Collin, good point!
09.03.2010 - 06:50
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
I came across this a couple of years ago, but the intro riff of "K.I.N.G." by satyricon sounds very similar to dimmu borgir's "blood hunger doctrine"
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
28.03.2010 - 01:43
Wow you guys missed all the really obvious ones. i dont listen to any metal past the 90s but even in the 80s/90s many of the classic bands of the genre borrowed riffs and ideas from eachother. whether these were done out of coincidence, accident, or tribute, who knows. but the proof is in the pudding

Sepultura - Desperate Cry (slow riff / drums around middle of song)/ Death - Secret Face (riff / drums underneath the solo)

Morbid Angel - Damnation (riff near end of song) / Atheist - Mother Man (riff near end of song)/ Death - Nothing is Everything (main riff)

Black Sabbath - Under the Sun (opening riff) / Atheist - I Deny (riff used during slow section) / Autopsy - Service for a Vacant Coffin (riff used during slow section)

Atheist - I Deny (fast riff used throughout song - different from above example) / Exhorder - Homicide (fast riff used throughout song)

Dissection - Where Dead Angels Lie (guitar leads) / Children of Bodom - The Nail (portion of guitar solo)
29.03.2010 - 12:11
ruffio
Not really an exact copy. But listen to Flames- Biosphere and tell me it doesn't remind you a lot of Iron Maiden's Afraid to Shoot Strangers.
10.04.2010 - 14:55
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Are we allowed to mention Metallica's early stuff that was all written by Mustaine or would that just turn into a "Megadeth vs. Metallica" bloodbath ?
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
10.04.2010 - 15:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Zombie on 10.04.2010 at 14:55

Are we allowed to mention Metallica's early stuff that was all written by Mustaine...

Sigh, Mustaine co-wrote SOME of the early songs.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.04.2010 - 08:06
Archetype
Anybody else noticed the similarity between Evergrey's Blinded and Solution .45's Through Night-Kingdomed Gates?

22.04.2010 - 10:04
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 10.04.2010 at 15:13

Written by Zombie on 10.04.2010 at 14:55

Are we allowed to mention Metallica's early stuff that was all written by Mustaine...

Sigh, Mustaine co-wrote SOME of the early songs.

Yup. I hate it when people go on about Dave Mustaine ''writing all Metallica's early stuff''. Its obvious that people who say stuff like that just like to hate on Metallica, and cant even attack them in a subjective way. Dave CO-WROTE 4 songs in Kill Em All, and 2 on Ride The Lightning, and thats it. Where these people are getting that Dave wrote ''all'' of Metallica's early stuff from, I have no idea! He didnt even write most of it! lol
20.05.2010 - 02:28
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
The dropkick murphys "im shipping out to boston" sounds quite similar to Bathory's Nordland, riff starting at 3:55), what do you guys think?
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains