Metal Storm logo
"Fuck, I wish they'd disband before it gets even worse"

Original post

Posted by MétalNoir, 05.02.2011 - 17:45
Some metal bands get very bad with time, wether because they lack inspiration or just know how to make money with the same formula, except we're not stupid and we can realize that (this is called "sellout", for those of you who didn't know).

Then, for your mental health or simply because you dont want the band's grand legacy corrupted any further, you wish it would split apart and leave a good memory...

If you had the power to disband ONE band in the world (known it's not ours to decide that...), which one would it be?
27.02.2011 - 19:42
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Thor26 on 27.02.2011 at 18:44

You two should really consider laying off that ganja. Maybe that way you'll increase your chances to learn discerning some musical quality?

So we have a person who has a musical education background here? I don't know if you've studied in a music school nor taken any courses about solfège or music theory and history but I, for instance, have...

And I cannot say by no means that Nightwish's music has had any significant damage in quality...

Now define what musical quality means for you and mayb everyone will understand you better. So far, please quit asking people to "learn about musical quality" unless you've explained what you mean by saying this anyway...

Thank you.
27.02.2011 - 19:52
ANGEL REAPER
@ Hobbit Viggo : Hail the last post you wrote !
@ Thor 26 : that thing what you wrote "quality"is relative thing in common perspective....For common listener it is good or bad for musicians is very good,but quality of something should not depend of tastes....Although I agree with you ,I must say this :
#1Nightwish did created quality music over the years
#2But that was not the sound that I like anymore...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
28.02.2011 - 21:08
helmutap
It is sad to say so, but Manowar should really disband now!
03.03.2011 - 19:32
virulent
Sonic Syndicate for sure... Eden Fire was and still is a great album but everything after has just progrssively gotten worse. Burn this city is a total disgrace and a perfect example of a sell out
03.03.2011 - 23:14
VPeter
Iron Maiden.

At least don't make any new albums any more. Touring is still fine. Let's be honest do you really want any of their latest songs over their classics? Every recent album is getting less and less. They should stop now to save themselves the embarrassment.

Wintersun.

This band is getting more and more a joke. They're basically the "Duke Nukem Forever" of metal. Not to mention the most obnoxious obsessive fans ever. When this band dies they finally can do something with their lives and find better music.
04.03.2011 - 00:42
RavenKing
Written by VPeter on 03.03.2011 at 23:14

Iron Maiden.

At least don't make any new albums any more. Touring is still fine. Let's be honest do you really want any of their latest songs over their classics? Every recent album is getting less and less. They should stop now to save themselves the embarrassment.

Wintersun.

This band is getting more and more a joke. They're basically the "Duke Nukem Forever" of metal. Not to mention the most obnoxious obsessive fans ever. When this band dies they finally can do something with their lives and find better music.

Agreed on both bands.

By the way, we are three now to think Iron Maiden should stop releasing albums: you, Doc Godin and me.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
04.03.2011 - 00:53
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Thor26 on 27.02.2011 at 18:44

"Nightwish don't need to rethink anything, because Tarja didn't write anything. She made no music, no lyrics, no anything. She sang only and to be frank, since she didn't use her opera voice on the last two albums, she might as well have handed the mic over to Marco, who's always been superior right after Wishmaster." - ErnilEnNaur

"?But anyways, Nightwish disbanding would break my heart...and like you said, Tarja leaving didn't really change them much anyways. I'm fine with Anette and Marco. - Grimm

You two should really consider laying off that ganja. Maybe that way you'll increase your chances to learn discerning some musical quality?

Tarja didn't write any music, that's the point. There's no attack there, it's the truth.
04.03.2011 - 04:23
Yojimbo
I think Metallica is the obvious choice. I can't listen to Hetfield sing anymore. The black album was fine but after that his voice has become so bad I wouldn't want it to ruin classic songs if I ever saw them live. Time for them to fall into legend and then come out of retirement and do a reunion tour for $350 a ticket.
04.03.2011 - 07:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yojimbo on 04.03.2011 at 04:23

Time for them to fall into legend.

They missed that opportunity some 20 years ago.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
04.03.2011 - 10:18
Sirenia: I heard a song from the latest album and it was terrible, the production was awful and the guitars were mostly inaudible. Even their previous album with Ailyn sounded more decent than TEoL. They're pretty much a joke these days, anyway. :/
04.03.2011 - 15:10
Mad Mike
I pick Anal Cunt...it's just the same old shit with them, and it just gets worse every time.
----
Did you ever notice that the people who tell you to get a life are normally people who should be dead in the first place?
04.03.2011 - 15:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by RavenKing on 04.03.2011 at 00:42

Written by VPeter on 03.03.2011 at 23:14

Iron Maiden.

Wintersun.

Agreed on both bands.

By the way, we are three now to think Iron Maiden should stop releasing albums: you, Doc Godin and me.

Well I am another one who totally agrees on Maiden not recording any more butjust sticking to touring with the classic songs.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.03.2011 - 16:20
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I really hope I don't have to say this about my beloved Dream Theater.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.03.2011 - 18:50
ANGEL REAPER

count me in....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.03.2011 - 19:15
JD
Account deleted
Written by Mad Mike on 04.03.2011 at 15:10

I pick Anal Cunt...it's just the same old shit with them, and it just gets worse every time.

Hahaha i agree somehow.
05.03.2011 - 19:30
RavenKing
Written by ANGEL REAPER on 05.03.2011 at 18:50

count me in....

Great. With you and Marcel, we are five now.
----
05.03.2011 - 19:32
JD
Account deleted
I never liked Iron Maiden so i guess am already in.
05.03.2011 - 22:08
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm in for Iron Maiden...they stopped making decent music ages ago...

As far as Anal Cunt, even though I find them funny as shit...they never really should have been making music...
06.03.2011 - 01:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 05.03.2011 at 22:08

As far as Anal Cunt, even though I find them funny as shit...they never really should have been making music...

Seth Putnam should stick to poetry in my opinion.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.03.2011 - 06:21
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Bleh, fuck all of ya who say Maiden should break up-The Final Fronteir was a fine album-Not as good as their 80's work, but pretty damn good regardless. As far as a band that should break up, Cryptopy is the only one I can think of that I'd like to see gone, for obvious reasons.
07.03.2011 - 03:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
I wouldn't want them to disband, just find a better vocalist and focus on writing songs that are more brutal and original.
----
07.03.2011 - 20:17
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
Written by Troy Killjoy on 07.03.2011 at 03:32

I wouldn't want them to disband, just find a better vocalist and focus on writing songs that are more brutal and original.

I was thinking about that the other day. With all the bridge-burning they pulled, I'm really curious as to what they're going to do next. I mean it was one thing to flip their style so drastically, but then piss all over the fans that called them on it. There's no way Flo isn't feeling that backlash.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
07.03.2011 - 22:44
Vivi'
Sirenia, Lacuna Coil, Within Temptation, Nightwish - bands I used to love 6-7 years ago. Metallica, of course.
09.03.2011 - 15:39
JD
Account deleted
Written by Vivi' on 07.03.2011 at 22:44

Lacuna Coil

The chick is too hot to quit.
09.03.2011 - 16:37
Fire Dances
Account deleted
Pestilence.
12.03.2011 - 06:20
Written by Guest on 09.03.2011 at 15:39

Written by Vivi' on 07.03.2011 at 22:44

Lacuna Coil

The chick is too hot to quit.

Have you heard their last album? The way they are headed they will be top 40 radio material in no time.

The obvious choices are Metallica and Maiden...Dance of Death was the last album from Maiden that I could enjoy, and that is more than a lot of fans can say. It is hard to ignore the bad music and appreciate the good...especially with Metallica. It was so good...but they ruined it...and the fact that they even tried to make a comeback with Death Magnetic was a huge joke, less ridiculous only than the album itself. I don't understand how anyone can see that as an actual comeback. All they did was listen to what the fans wanted to hear, and miserably fail at doing a good job of it.

Maiden at least can put on a good show still...Metallica have long since dropped the ball completely and utterly.

Arch Enemy is another one...their albums with Leva and I guess their first two with Gossow were all wicked, but now they are just pandering to the masses. Milking the frontwoman thing and just being total sellouts in general.
----
Sonorous Odium...
...Embrace the consonance.
12.03.2011 - 09:43
_Andy_
I'd go with Nightwish. They stopped making good songs a long time ago, and now that Tarja's gone that new chick's voice is nothing compared to hers and it sounds to me like it doesn't go well with the instrumental.
Arch Enemy is another band I can't stand anymore. They're a mediocre band, but what pisses me off is that they are commercialized only because they have a female vocalist that sings like a man. Big deal. Hmmm... Maybe it's just because I don't like female vocalists... They don't go well with metal.
Oh and just imagine what the fans would do if Metallica or Maiden would disband... Mass suicide They might not be as good as they were once but still I hope they will come with something great.
----
Strike from behind and knock me to the ground
Kick me while I'm down!
Stab me in the back, you bastards
Tear my heart out of my chest!
I'll rise from the ashes, from these ruins of mine
A dozen of eyes for an eye - vengeance is mine!
12.03.2011 - 16:00
RavenKing
Written by _Andy_ on 12.03.2011 at 09:43

Oh and just imagine what the fans would do if Metallica or Maiden would disband... They might not be as good as they were once but still I hope they will come with something great.

You're quite optimistic if you believe those bands could still come with something good.
----
13.03.2011 - 11:51
_Andy_
Written by RavenKing on 12.03.2011 at 16:00

Written by _Andy_ on 12.03.2011 at 09:43

Oh and just imagine what the fans would do if Metallica or Maiden would disband... They might not be as good as they were once but still I hope they will come with something great.

You're quite optimistic if you believe those bands could still come with something good.

Well, they were able to do great, and by that I mean really GREAT stuff and whatever they do they'll still be metal legends so... I can at least hope, right?
----
Strike from behind and knock me to the ground
Kick me while I'm down!
Stab me in the back, you bastards
Tear my heart out of my chest!
I'll rise from the ashes, from these ruins of mine
A dozen of eyes for an eye - vengeance is mine!
13.03.2011 - 23:17
MétalNoir
Fils du Lys
Written by _Andy_ on 13.03.2011 at 11:51

Well, they were able to do great, and by that I mean really GREAT stuff and whatever they do they'll still be metal legends so... I can at least hope, right?

Am I the only one in this world who thinks Maiden and Metallica, as well as Megadeth and other "legends" are incredibly overrated??? Yes, they led the way in their time, but they've been out-talented a looong time ago. "GREAT stuff"? Pfff... "Good metal" would be more accurate.
----
Notre destinée n'est pas encore tracée....