Metal Storm logo
Your opinion on Smoking

Original post

Posted by Arian Totalis, 26.05.2007 - 21:32
So, I was listening to a conversation about multi-million dollar corperations and stocks, when it suddenly dawned on me that I could open a thread about this.I notice that there are already a few smoke related threads on here, but there is no actual thread about the subject of smoking. This thread is basicly exactly what the title says, what is you oppinion about smoking? Be detailed, about things like smoking in public places, around children, age apropriate, whether or not you smoke, if it should even be allowed to continue legally.

As for my personal oppinion, I personally don't smoke, but I know lots of people that do. I have family that smokes, my parents smoke, I have friends that smoke, I witness people doing it every day, after school, in the park, at resteraunts, etc. The Way I see it, it is someones personal choice to smoke or not, and should be legal. However I choose not to smoke because in my oppinion choosing to do so is stupid, because you have to spend excess amounts of money on a habbit which is quite frankly useless, you can contract terminal illnesses, and it has a ridiculous amount of poisons in it. On the subject of poisons, I feel that th government should probably step in and remove all unnatural additives, and sell the tobaco as a pure product. I feel that it is quite frankly wrong to put addictive chemicals in a product to make it sell better. So I feel people would be a lot better off if that were a forced maneuver. On the subject of smoking around children, I don't think it's so bad really. I'm used to being around it and I don't smoke, so I don't see the big deal. I do have a problem with women smoking or being around smoke while pregnant though, because that damages and deforms fetuses, and I think to myself Fucking trash bitch when I see a pregnant woman smoking. Oddly enough my mother smoked when she was pregnant with me and I was lucky enough to come out only with Johndas. So this of course only further fuels my hatred for it.

So what about you guys?
11.02.2009 - 23:06
Kanto
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 10.02.2009 at 22:04

Big cheers to you, like-minded fellow... I hate this kind of stuff so damn much:

"OMG smoking is soooo bad for you you have to quit today so you don't pollute the air and die when you're 25. You have to quit NOWWWW otherwise you're a pathetic person!!!!1!111!! kthxbai"

Fuck that........... If anybody's gonna make that decision it's me and me alone. Fuck everyone else and especially the people who say smoking should be banned. We've got the fucking right to choose, and I'm excercising it. I especially hate the "you're a pathetic person" part that seems to be thrown around a lot, since the people who throw it around me usually don't know shit about me and as such have absolutely no right to say that.

to you anyway.
Although is true all the stuff of burning your lungs and bla bla, I'm 100% agree with you, come on! smokers are not retarded, they know what they are doing, and if they do it...they want to. But again, do it far from me, thanks.
----
...Dude.
12.02.2009 - 08:49
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
No problem man, he's a very intelligent, but very straight forward (in an almost beligerent, humorous way) guy.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
12.02.2009 - 10:56
ForeverDarkWoods
I guess I always try my best.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
28.02.2009 - 00:35
jd-inflames
Account deleted
As a smoker, I'm one of the few who actually don't mind keeping smoking out of public places such as restaurants, etc.

I am, however, very much against the raise in taxes because they believe it will stop minors from smoking. It's just making those of us who aren't rich have an even harder time paying our bills, because regardless of the price, we are still going to smoke.
28.02.2009 - 16:28
LostSoul
I don't mind smoking. I used to smoke but quit, but if someone wants to it's their business not mine. I work in a bar, and honestly I wouldn't mind if someone wouls smoke in there. It's a bar! there's no feeling of a bar if you can't smoke in there and in restaurants it's almost the same, but I wouldn't want to put small children near any smoking, so just areas where you can smoke and where you can't. That's kinda simple eh?
We had in finland huge talk about can you smoke on your balcony or not, that's stupid too. it's peoples home! they can smoke there if they wanna just close your door if you don't want any smoke inside your home
----
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...
A true friend will be sitting next to you saying "Damn... we fucked up"
09.03.2009 - 02:15
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
I smoke like a freak....mostly due to pressures of Uni, if you want a good night's rest then never study Architecture - it usually means 3 days of no sleep and stress x 1000! Cigarettes have become seriously expensive, cost me about R600 per month (thats about $60 US). So instead of cutting down Ive been buying tabacco, filters and rizlas (not sure what to call it its the papers you roll it in) and its WAY cheaper! Now im down to about $4 a week and its pretty handy.

Would like to quit but its become more of a habit than an addiction. I always smoke when I design and the program I use to design on the PC only really requires my right hand so my left hand needs something to do lol
09.03.2009 - 13:32
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Smoking is just a great stupidity! A teacher of mine (he teaches Psychology, and has done researches about smoking) told us that all people when they smoke it is like they eat shit! You can never really like it (only like the move you do when you smoke)! On smoking you just get used to it...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.03.2009 - 14:53
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 13:32

Smoking is just a great stupidity! A teacher of mine (he teaches Psychology, and has done researches about smoking) told us that all people when they smoke it is like they eat shit! You can never really like it (only like the move you do when you smoke)! On smoking you just get used to it...

Yeah well many of the processed food is nothing but shit anyway so you can base your argument on various other things. And yeah I know smoking is bad, but I still enjoy it. Good that you havent tried or arent hooked on it, otherwise you would defend it like I am
09.03.2009 - 15:19
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by Guest on 09.03.2009 at 14:53

Yeah well many of the processed food is nothing but shit anyway so you can base your argument on various other things. And yeah I know smoking is bad, but I still enjoy it. Good that you havent tried or arent hooked on it, otherwise you would defend it like I am

I've tried it but didn't like it. IMO what the smokers mostly like is the "move" that they do while smoking. Did you ever notice that all the people smoke with the same way? They hold the cigaret with the same way and whiff with the same way. It is a classic example of imitativeness!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
09.03.2009 - 15:31
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 15:19

I've tried it but didn't like it. IMO what the smokers mostly like is the "move" that they do while smoking. Did you ever notice that all the people smoke with the same way? They hold the cigaret with the same way and whiff with the same way. It is a classic example of imitativeness!

In what other motion would you do it? People are naturally very bored. They need to be doing something with themselves to keep sane. Its mostly just the need to be moving. people are restless. It also keeps you warm and relaxes you (at first).
----
Coldgrits
09.03.2009 - 17:29
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by -DC-002- on 09.03.2009 at 15:31

In what other motion would you do it? People are naturally very bored. They need to be doing something with themselves to keep sane. Its mostly just the need to be moving. people are restless. It also keeps you warm and relaxes you (at first).

It also increases the possibility of lung cancer, it destroys your taste at foods, it makes your hair and breath stink, it makes your teeth yellow etc... You KNOW that the opposites are much more. Surely there are many people who have the need to move or generaly to do something all the time. There are many things to do. Noshing a gum, or having something in your hand and play with it are 2 easy things to do. Smoking is not the solution.
----
09.03.2009 - 21:08
ForeverDarkWoods

IMO what the smokers mostly like is the "move" that they do while smoking. Did you ever notice that all the people smoke with the same way? They hold the cigaret with the same way and whiff with the same way. It is a classic example of imitativeness!

I am sorry but I have to tell you something. You are way off, and this is possibly the most retarded thing I have read in this thread so far (and some of the points raised here have been VERY retarded).

You have stated that you do not smoke yourself (you said that you have tried it but didn't like it, also meaning that you haven't seriously smoked ever, as opposed to if you had smoked once and then quit). In that case, how can you presume that you know so much about what we smokers like about smoking? The simple answer is quite simple. You can't.

For the more complex answer, smoking is an enjoyment that takes some getting used to most of the time. It's a bit like beer or coffee (or indeed extreme metal) in that respect. The people who genuinely liked smoking the first time they tried it are few in number. The people who like smoking (as in really like the taste, the short rush and the relaxing feeling that lasts for a little while after you finish a cigarette) after a little experience with cigarette are greater in number.

I smoked for the first time when I was 12. Didn't like it then. And then I tried again when I was 14. I still didn't see the appeal. Then I got used to second hand smoking when I was 15 and sometime when I was 16 I took up the habit myself. I don't care about people preaching whatever the fuck they want about how bad it is and such, and making really retarded (I've heard far worse than you, and some of those even from legitimate organizations trying to make children not smoke) statements just to cover up the fact that they don't want others doing it just because they don't like it themselves. I still don't regret taking up smoking for a single second of my life, and I see it as my own choice to enjoy a few cigarettes a day. Nobody's gonna take that from me, ever.

An advice is that you might not want to pull stuff like that out of your ass, since you obviously don't have anything to back it up (not even adequate personal experience). Sweeping generalizations of all humankind by saying that nobody else can enjoy something just because you can't is something very, very stupid. And if you had a psychology teacher who stated that as some sort of fact, then he is obviously a retard and shouldn't be taken seriously (it has also been intellegently argued that psychology as in the teachings based on the work of S. Freud is a fake science with about as much merits as scientology or intelligent design).

Learn to distinguish facts from opinions.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
09.03.2009 - 21:24
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 09.03.2009 at 21:08

IMO what the smokers mostly like is the "move" that they do while smoking. Did you ever notice that all the people smoke with the same way? They hold the cigaret with the same way and whiff with the same way. It is a classic example of imitativeness!

I am sorry but I have to tell you something. You are way off, and this is possibly the most retarded thing I have read in this thread so far (and some of the points raised here have been VERY retarded).

You have stated that you do not smoke yourself (you said that you have tried it but didn't like it, also meaning that you haven't seriously smoked ever, as opposed to if you had smoked once and then quit). In that case, how can you presume that you know so much about what we smokers like about smoking? The simple answer is quite simple. You can't.

For the more complex answer, smoking is an enjoyment that takes some getting used to most of the time. It's a bit like beer or coffee (or indeed extreme metal) in that respect. The people who genuinely liked smoking the first time they tried it are few in number. The people who like smoking (as in really like the taste, the short rush and the relaxing feeling that lasts for a little while after you finish a cigarette) after a little experience with cigarette are greater in number.

I smoked for the first time when I was 12. Didn't like it then. And then I tried again when I was 14. I still didn't see the appeal. Then I got used to second hand smoking when I was 15 and sometime when I was 16 I took up the habit myself. I don't care about people preaching whatever the fuck they want about how bad it is and such, and making really retarded (I've heard far worse than you, and some of those even from legitimate organizations trying to make children not smoke) statements just to cover up the fact that they don't want others doing it just because they don't like it themselves. I still don't regret taking up smoking for a single second of my life, and I see it as my own choice to enjoy a few cigarettes a day. Nobody's gonna take that from me, ever.

An advice is that you might not want to pull stuff like that out of your ass, since you obviously don't have anything to back it up (not even adequate personal experience). Sweeping generalizations of all humankind by saying that nobody else can enjoy something just because you can't is something very, very stupid. And if you had a psychology teacher who stated that as some sort of fact, then he is obviously a retard and shouldn't be taken seriously (it has also been intellegently argued that psychology as in the teachings based on the work of S. Freud is a fake science with about as much merits as scientology or intelligent design).

It makes me laugh that 18-years old people try to defend smoking more than the older smokers. You are just reactive as a normal teen. After 10 years i bet that (if you continue to smoke) you'll say only a phrase similar to: "it is difficult to stop smoking, i got used to it now" on forget the other reactive, "open mined" nerts.
As i said (and you confirmed my words) even you didn't like it (remember my example about "shit") and should get on to it. You COULDN'T do it from the first time because it's something UNNORMAL!
----
09.03.2009 - 22:06
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 21:24

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 09.03.2009 at 21:08

It makes me laugh that 18-years old people try to defend smoking more than the older smokers. You are just reactive as a normal teen. After 10 years i bet that (if you continue to smoke) you'll say only a phrase similar to: "it is difficult to stop smoking, i got used to it now" on forget the other reactive, "open mined" nerts.
As i said (and you confirmed my words) even you didn't like it (remember my example about "shit") and should get on to it. You COULDN'T do it from the first time because it's something UNNORMAL!

What makes ME laugh is when somebody who takes pride in being more mature than me can't respond to any argument I bring up in any other way than to make a comment on my age.
Age does not equal intelligence. Keep that in mind. If you really are more mature and intelligent than me bacause of your oh so ancient wisdom (age difference is naught but 3 years.... ) then you shouldn't have any problem responding to anything I might bring up.

This also doesn't change the fact that your arguments are still bullshit and that psychology teacher of yours is still talking even more bullshit.

You say that it is impossible for anyone to genuinely enjoy smoking. Don't you see how retarded this standpoint is? You are making a sweeping generalization of the entire human race by assuming that we all think alike. You do this and yet you fail to even name one thing that you (or your psychology teacher) could be basing this assessment on.

And about that unnormal part, that's still just a matter of opinion and not a fact in any way. If smoking is unnormal, how would you define "normal"? If we define "normal" as something that would occur among animals for instance, then yes, smoking isn't normal. But then again, going by that definition , nothing around you is "normal", and that computer in front of you sure as hell isn't "normal". Suffice to say, to me, smoking is part of my everyday life and thus normal. For you it might not be, and if you choose not to smoke then good for you. It still doesn't change the facts that you are throwing around opinions and stating that they are facts, which is a big mistake when it comes to any kind of argumentation (it is way too transparent to be working).

The fact that not a lot people enjoy it that much the first time also isn't relevant to the case at hand. This can be said about a lot of things (such as beer and coffee, which I already used as examples, or really spicy food, which often also takes a bit of time to get used to). By this definition this would make everything that's even remotely difficult to get into bad and unnatural (I can here safely refer to extreme metal, being my other example). None of these things are stuff I would see as unnatural in any way. Besides, I COULD do it the first time. I just didn't see the reason to at the time.

As for the "I know I was stupid to get into smoking but I can't quit now" people, I of course don't deny their existance in any way and I know that they are many in number. But what you're saying is that these people are all that there is. This is simply not true, no matter how bad you might wish it to be so. I know people over 50 who've smoked since they were 11 or 12 who still love the shit and who don't give a fuck if it's gonna kill them.

And as for the "addiction to certain movements" part that a variety of would-be psychologists seem to like bringing up these days, I can't say I see the merit in it seeing as it has been proven that nicotine IS an addictive substance. There is as such no need to be addicted to the "movement" as you call it, since there is a chemical causing the addiction instead. I also personally know a lot of people who are heavy smokers and who can replace cigarettes with snus (a type of oral tobacco) for extended periods of time. When you use snus there is no "movement" at all. You just put it under your lip and let it remain there for a time period ranging between 30 minutes and 2 hours during which a steady flow of nicotine is provided. If we really are addicted to the movement rather than the nicotine, why does this even work?
----
09.03.2009 - 22:12
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 09.03.2009 at 22:06

the fact is that i am not from england and you write here your biography not your replications.
write:
1.(that),
2.(that).... etc

and then let me answer you. you don't need to write a composition about that. tell me with simple words your complains and let me answer to you.
----
09.03.2009 - 22:22
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 22:12

the fact is that i am not from england and you write here your biography not your replications.
write:
1.(that),
2.(that).... etc

and then let me answer you. you don't need to write a composition about that. tell me with simple words your complains and let me answer to you.

Ok, so basically, the relevant questions were:

1. You say that nobody can ever really like smoking. What are you basing this on? Do you have any facts behind it at all? If you haven't really smoked yourself how can you know?

2. Why is smoking unnatural? Different people think different things are unnatural.

3. Why is smoking bad just because people don't always like it the first time?

4. How can it only be that you're addicted to the movement when people can replace cigarettes with other tobacco that doesn't have that movement?
----
09.03.2009 - 22:32
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 09.03.2009 at 22:22

Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 22:12

write:
1.(that),
2.(that).... etc

Ok, so basically, the relevant questions were:

1. You say that nobody can ever really like smoking. What are you basing this on? Do you have any facts behind it at all? If you haven't really smoked yourself how can you know?

2. Why is smoking unnatural? Different people think different things are unnatural.

3. Why is smoking bad just because people don't always like it the first time?

4. How can it only be that you're addicted to the movement when people can replace cigarettes with other tobacco that doesn't have that movement?

1. you know something not always from personal experience but also from observation and discussion with other people. i've discused it with most that 20-30 people because it is something that i care a lot about and only 1 of them told me he really liked it from the first time. so it is logical to make the conclusion that most people try to get used to it.

2. i said it is unnatural only because it is something that started as a hobby, just as drinking. NO ONE needs to smoke (unless he is a smoker). he becomes a smoker and then he needs it.

3. the bad thing is that people in order to follow the maze try to get used to it. to something that they naturally (at first time) do Not like.

4. the movement is the main reason why many people start smoking: it is a fashion and fashion means mimitism. (i said the main, not the only)
----
09.03.2009 - 23:11
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 22:32

1. you know something not always from personal experience but also from observation and discussion with other people. i've discused it with most that 20-30 people because it is something that i care a lot about and only 1 of them told me he really liked it from the first time. so it is logical to make the conclusion that most people try to get used to it.

2. i said it is unnatural only because it is something that started as a hobby, just as drinking. NO ONE needs to smoke (unless he is a smoker). he becomes a smoker and then he needs it.

3. the bad thing is that people in order to follow the maze try to get used to it. to something that they naturally (at first time) do Not like.

4. the movement is the main reason why many people start smoking: it is a fashion and fashion means mimitism. (i said the main, not the only)

Ok, so here's my response:

1. Even if you don't like it the first time it doesn't mean you can't like it later. You can start liking it and not just get used to it. Not many people like extreme metal without any experience with metal, but most people who listen to metal like it and haven't just gotten used to it. It's the same thing. Not many people like smoking with no experience with tobacco, but you can learn to like it and not just get used to it.

2. If that's what you mean then unnatural doesn't mean bad. I'll use the example of metal again. Nobody needs metal, unless you're a metal fan, and a lot of people didn't like real metal the first time (had to go through mainstream stuff etc). It's the same thing. Just because you don't need it doesn't mean you can't like it.

3. I agree that a lot of kids get tricked into doing it because it's cool, and that's a bad thing. Little 11 year old kids that don't know better shouldn't be smoking and get stuck. But that doesn't mean the people that really like it shouldn't be allowed to do it or anything like that, or that everyone was tricked because it was cool.

4. Well, I can't say what other people think but what made me start was the relaxing feeling I got from the nicotine. It made me feel all relaxed and stuff and helped me concentrate. But yeah, a lot of people start when they're young because they think it's cool, and that's still bad. But the problem isn't with the cigarettes, it's with peoples opinions on what's cool. That's what has to change.
----
09.03.2009 - 23:36
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 09.03.2009 at 23:11

Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 22:32

Ok, so here's my response:

1. Even if you don't like it the first time it doesn't mean you can't like it later. You can start liking it and not just get used to it. Not many people like extreme metal without any experience with metal, but most people who listen to metal like it and haven't just gotten used to it. It's the same thing. Not many people like smoking with no experience with tobacco, but you can learn to like it and not just get used to it.

2. If that's what you mean then unnatural doesn't mean bad. I'll use the example of metal again. Nobody needs metal, unless you're a metal fan, and a lot of people didn't like real metal the first time (had to go through mainstream stuff etc). It's the same thing. Just because you don't need it doesn't mean you can't like it.

3. I agree that a lot of kids get tricked into doing it because it's cool, and that's a bad thing. Little 11 year old kids that don't know better shouldn't be smoking and get stuck. But that doesn't mean the people that really like it shouldn't be allowed to do it or anything like that, or that everyone was tricked because it was cool.

4. Well, I can't say what other people think but what made me start was the relaxing feeling I got from the nicotine. It made me feel all relaxed and stuff and helped me concentrate. But yeah, a lot of people start when they're young because they think it's cool, and that's still bad. But the problem isn't with the cigarettes, it's with peoples opinions on what's cool. That's what has to change.

1. surely if you get addicted at nicotine then you like the cigaret because it gives you what your organism needs.
2. the fans of metal music need metal. Music is a need-entertainment. for the fans of metal it is metal music and for the fans of disco,disco music. you didn't answer to me about the natural part. music is something natural, it comes from the ancient people, it was the first thing discovered to make people relax and enjoy their time. and metal is just music. Man searched first for entertainment from music and after a long time ago he discovered smoking. Also a proof that smoking is unnatural is that the first time you smoke you cough. this happens just because you push your organism to do something he "doesnt want to".
3. as i said, the people which you say that like it are used to it or addicted to it. surely they cant see it. so when they take what they "need" they say-think that they like it.
4. so when people change their opinion and think more logical i bet that the percentage of smokerers will decrease...

Do you really controvert the fact that smoking is something bad for health? I don't say anything about the fact if you like it or not.
----
09.03.2009 - 23:52
Elio
Red Nightmare
I will no way read the recent posts to join the discussion but I'll just say my two cents.
I don't smoke and never will, I think it is totally useless, apart from being dangerous. A friend of mine that smokes every once in a while says he does it when he is stressed. I mean, come on, this has no sense, why should you smoke?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.03.2009 - 00:25
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 23:36

1. surely if you get addicted at nicotine then you like the cigaret because it gives you what your organism needs.
2. the fans of metal music need metal. Music is a need-entertainment. for the fans of metal it is metal music and for the fans of disco,disco music. you didn't answer to me about the natural part. music is something natural, it comes from the ancient people, it was the first thing discovered to make people relax and enjoy their time. and metal is just music. Man searched first for entertainment from music and after a long time ago he discovered smoking. Also a proof that smoking is unnatural is that the first time you smoke you cough. this happens just because you push your organism to do something he "doesnt want to".
3. as i said, the people which you say that like it are used to it or addicted to it. surely they cant see it. so when they take what they "need" they say-think that they like it.
4. so when people change their opinion and think more logical i bet that the percentage of smokerers will decrease...

Do you really controvert the fact that smoking is something bad for health? I don't say anything about the fact if you like it or not.

1. There is also the possibility of liking the properties of nicotine. It actually makes you feel relaxed, help you concentrate (beyond what's normal for a non-smoker) and can give you a short pleasant rush. You can also like the cigarettes for other reasons, I really like the taste of it for instance. On special occations I sometimes buy cigars only for the taste. To me, it's a small price to pay that I feel a little bad if I don't get it if I feel really good when I do get nicotine. I'm addicted, but I still like it.

2. Smoking has also been done since ancient times. The native Americans smoked tobacco for a long time before it was brought to the west. Other cultures have smoked other plants such as opium and cannabis, also for a really long time. My point was that smoking is an ancient custom much like music, and a part of our culture in the same way. Also, you didn't need metal before you started listening to it, the same way you don't need to smoke before you start smoking. What's natural and what's not all depends on your point of view. To me, smoking is perfectly natural. As for the coughing part, you could say that some girls find sex to be painful in the beginning, does this make sex unnatural because they force their organisms to do something they don't want to do? Of course not.

3. You can like things that you need. I need food, but I still like to eat, I don't eat just because I have to. The difference is I choose to need to smoke, even though I still like it. If I didn't want to smoke, I'd try to stop. I admit that I'd probably fail, but right now I don't care since I like it.

4. I think that if people would think more logically, less people would start in the first place. Us who like it though, would still do it, since we like it.

And I know fully well how bad it is for my health. Everyone just has to decide for themselves if they think it's worth it or not. I have decided that I think it is. I understand that you don't, and also why, and I fully respect that. I would not tell anyone to start smoking. It's an unhealthy habit, and it's good if less people start doing it. But if they've already started and are enjoying it, then I also support them smoking.
----
10.03.2009 - 00:30
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
I understand why some people don't like smoking, but for me (although I gave up) I really enjoyed...the flavor, the head rush if you haven't had a smoke for a while I prefer weed though, it alot easier to smoke and doesn't smell as bad as stale tobacco.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
10.03.2009 - 00:37
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Elio on 09.03.2009 at 23:52

A friend of mine that smokes every once in a while says he does it when he is stressed. I mean, come on, this has no sense, why should you smoke?

Actually, that makes perfect sense since nicotine has relaxing properties.

Written by Necrogeddon on 10.03.2009 at 00:30

I prefer weed though, it alot easier to smoke and doesn't smell as bad as stale tobacco.

Of course weed is better. I don't really think you can compare them though. It's just fucking miles apart.
----
10.03.2009 - 00:38
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 10.03.2009 at 00:37

A friend of mine that smokes every once in a while says he does it when he is stressed. I mean, come on, this has no sense, why should you smoke?

I prefer weed though, it alot easier to smoke and doesn't smell as bad as stale tobacco.

Of course weed is better. I don't really think you can compare them though. It's just fucking miles apart.

Of course I can, you smoke both tobacco and weed duh
----
10.03.2009 - 00:40
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Necrogeddon on 10.03.2009 at 00:38

You can probably smoke dried dog shit too, but you don't see me comparing it to either.

It should be noted that I have no experience when it comes to smoking dried dog shit....
----
10.03.2009 - 00:43
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 10.03.2009 at 00:40

Written by Necrogeddon on 10.03.2009 at 00:38

You can probably smoke dried dog shit too, but you don't see me comparing it to either.

It should be noted that I have no experience when it comes to smoking dried dog shit....

how witty...
but tobacco and weed are like the two things most people who smoke, will smoke...you didnt need to drag shit into this.
----
10.03.2009 - 00:50
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Necrogeddon on 10.03.2009 at 00:43

how witty...
but tobacco and weed are like the two things most people who smoke, will smoke...you didnt need to drag shit into this.

Nah, I just thought the fact that weed is better than the regular smokes is a given, and I felt some kind of perverted need to point that out I guess. I just used dried dog shit to illustrate the difference in quality.
----
10.03.2009 - 18:09
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 10.03.2009 at 00:25

Written by Deadmeat on 09.03.2009 at 23:36

1. There is also the possibility of liking the properties of nicotine. It actually makes you feel relaxed, help you concentrate (beyond what's normal for a non-smoker) and can give you a short pleasant rush. You can also like the cigarettes for other reasons, I really like the taste of it for instance. On special occations I sometimes buy cigars only for the taste. To me, it's a small price to pay that I feel a little bad if I don't get it if I feel really good when I do get nicotine. I'm addicted, but I still like it.

2. Smoking has also been done since ancient times. The native Americans smoked tobacco for a long time before it was brought to the west. Other cultures have smoked other plants such as opium and cannabis, also for a really long time. My point was that smoking is an ancient custom much like music, and a part of our culture in the same way. Also, you didn't need metal before you started listening to it, the same way you don't need to smoke before you start smoking. What's natural and what's not all depends on your point of view. To me, smoking is perfectly natural. As for the coughing part, you could say that some girls find sex to be painful in the beginning, does this make sex unnatural because they force their organisms to do something they don't want to do? Of course not.

3. You can like things that you need. I need food, but I still like to eat, I don't eat just because I have to. The difference is I choose to need to smoke, even though I still like it. If I didn't want to smoke, I'd try to stop. I admit that I'd probably fail, but right now I don't care since I like it.

4. I think that if people would think more logically, less people would start in the first place. Us who like it though, would still do it, since we like it.

And I know fully well how bad it is for my health. Everyone just has to decide for themselves if they think it's worth it or not. I have decided that I think it is. I understand that you don't, and also why, and I fully respect that. I would not tell anyone to start smoking. It's an unhealthy habit, and it's good if less people start doing it. But if they've already started and are enjoying it, then I also support them smoking.

Wow Wow Wow!!!! No man! the girls feel pain when they have sex for the first times because the maidenhead breaks! they also have blood for that reason.
Also for metal, you example is wrong because when you talk only about metal it is like you talk only about a cigaret label.

Now, about what you told, that after smoking you feel relaxed and it helps you concentrate. This is not a GOOD ACTION from nicotine but a BAD. your organism is addicted to it and without nicotine for a long period or just a few minutes (it dependes on how much you smoke) you are nervous and cannot concentrate. It's like drugs. Only when you get your dose you are ok. think about that...
----
10.03.2009 - 18:40
Elio
Red Nightmare

But there's thousand of other ways to relax which don't harm your health.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
10.03.2009 - 18:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Elio on 10.03.2009 at 18:40

But there's thousand of other ways to relax which don't harm your health.

Well if you need pass 10km by foot or wate 2 hours train I can smoke many ciggarets, cigars, eat manny whats whit me I mena food or drink a lot of booze, thets when I need wate of go lonely way alobe I wanna smoke
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing