Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
15.04.2008 - 18:00
Deadgirl
^- Definitely. I completely see your point and I agree if it's just that. The stairs, though, were actually pretty helpful for me when I used to run for school. Because it's harder to run up stairs than on flat ground, it helped build up endurance and such, or so.
----
Remember that you are mortal.
15.04.2008 - 21:05
Lord TJ
Man I keep wanting to get toned up, but when it comes to having to do sit ups, nah....
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
15.04.2008 - 21:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lord TJ on 15.04.2008 at 21:05

Man I keep wanting to get toned up, but when it comes to having to do sit ups, nah....

you might wanna get those butterfly stuff you put on your abs and they pass a electrical current through. the cheap ones aren't worth it but i hear the more expensive ones are good(bruce lee used to use that stuff all day when he wasn't training)
15.04.2008 - 21:18
Lord TJ
Written by Valentin B on 15.04.2008 at 21:16

Written by Lord TJ on 15.04.2008 at 21:05

you might wanna get those butterfly stuff you put on your abs and they pass a electrical current through. the cheap ones aren't worth it but i hear the more expensive ones are good(bruce lee used to use that stuff all day when he wasn't training)

Electrocution...sounds great.....

Im broke anyway though lol
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

15.04.2008 - 21:29
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well then have fun doing those situps

oh and watch the movie "Leon", that'll get you in the mood!
15.04.2008 - 21:44
Lord TJ
Written by Valentin B on 15.04.2008 at 21:29

well then have fun doing those situps

oh and watch the movie "Leon", that'll get you in the mood!

Maybe Ill just continue relying on my metabolism lol

I is lazy.
----

18.04.2008 - 23:33
Ernis
็‹ผ็พ
Workout's essential....it's bad if you sit behind the comp all the time or torture yerself sitting in school/office/wherever....body needs to work or else it'll fail....I already feel my neck's cracked and my back's fucked....I simply need some sports in order to save my health.....

I'm also dead tired of seeing that my friends are slightly shorter than me but nevertheless weigh more than me(they weigh more because of muscular mass for sure...not because of fat)....being cursed with an emo body type is awful.....
20.04.2008 - 22:31
Buggy
Account deleted
by the way, why isn't "to improve my athletic performances" on that list? That's supposed to be the primary reason for working out. Looking good is great aswell. But for health? Oh man, the amout of workout you need to stay healthy is ludicrous. Some people need none.
18.06.2008 - 02:28
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i dont work out, as in the gym or playing sports, im not that kind of person. i probably should do though, i spend all day on the computer or watching films

i suppose now that i have no school or job i could start doing some sit ups or something or join a gym... im sure it cant be as bad as my friends tell me..
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
18.06.2008 - 02:32
Unerly
Account deleted
I don't work-out, as lifting weight and such.

I just bike 2hours a day (25 miles, no less), play alot of soccer in the weekends, and then... I eat alot of French fries.
18.06.2008 - 03:16
Pinusar
Account deleted
Yeah, I do work out. Mainly for health, to reinforce the cardiovascular system and so on.
18.06.2008 - 03:29
Evican
Ann O'War
I used to go to the gym five days a week and do one hour of cardio everyday and every Tuesday and Thursday were weights as well.

Unfortunately with all the extra money that I need to spend now I can't afford to pay for the gym and the cost of getting there and back with petrol being as high as it is, so I have my own equipment at home now and am doing the same as what I was doing at the gym.
18.06.2008 - 17:06
Buggy
Account deleted
Written by Ernis on 18.04.2008 at 23:33

I'm also dead tired of seeing that my friends are slightly shorter than me but nevertheless weigh more than me(they weigh more because of muscular mass for sure...not because of fat)....being cursed with an emo body type is awful.....

You should learn to accept your body type because it's not going to change. You might shed fat or build muscle, but if you have a thin build you are never gonna look bulky (that is, unless you completely ravage your physique by ingesting unholy amounts of anabolics and other harmful shit). Instead, you should try to make the best out of it, since different body types have different strenghts and weaknesses. You might be good in resistance sports or activities that require a high strenght/body weight ratio such as climbing or whatnot...
I know it sounds a bit trite but that's really what any serious workout expert is gonna tell you: don't fight your natural physique, but make the best of it.
18.06.2008 - 19:41
FoxZdemoN
I ride my bike alot..it makes me feel powerful...and power is EVERYTHING!!!!
----

You can listen to my show "Diabolus Templum" on Thursdays 4pm till 7pm EST. on~
http://www.brutalexistenceradio.com/
18.06.2008 - 21:31
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by FoxZdemoN on 18.06.2008 at 19:41

I ride my bike alot..it makes me feel powerful...and power is EVERYTHING!!!!

yeah but.. 'with great power comes great responsibility', to quote a movie where a guy receives a body makeover from skinny to brawny literally overnight
20.06.2008 - 19:27
Varegan
Hamranakara
I go to swimming sometimes and bodybuilding, and also ride bicycle sometimes, I just do it for health, my look is shitty and nothing cant change it I dont try to look good so...
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
24.06.2008 - 06:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I have been tried pilates ab work and in teh beggining it hurt like a bitch. It still hurts, actually. While with "normal" ab work I can go up to 500-600, with the pilates ones I can barely go to 200. it hurts a damn lot, and it deffinitely works. Hell, in oen month I got ab deffinition, something I didi not reach with almost half year of normal ab work. For those fo you who work tou, you must try it.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
28.06.2008 - 14:16
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 24.06.2008 at 06:40

I have been tried pilates ab work and in teh beggining it hurt like a bitch. It still hurts, actually. While with "normal" ab work I can go up to 500-600, with the pilates ones I can barely go to 200. it hurts a damn lot, and it deffinitely works. Hell, in oen month I got ab deffinition, something I didi not reach with almost half year of normal ab work. For those fo you who work tou, you must try it.

what do you mean by 500-600? it's near impossible to do so many abs.

i just started a program made by a guy who was in the french foreign legion or something, it's basically abs, push-ups and running. i'm managing the abs and the push-ups well, 5 sets of 20 abs and 5 sets of 15 push-ups every 2 days, and next week i'm going to kick it up a notch, 5 x 25 abs and 5 x 20 push-ups. i'm having running problems though because i get extremely tired after a mile or so. i have no idea why.

the thing is that the guy said that if you should complete the programme, i'd have no problem getting inside the French Legion.
28.06.2008 - 14:19
Candlemass
Defaeco
for health
I don't need 9it for good loooks
28.06.2008 - 17:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 28.06.2008 at 14:16

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 24.06.2008 at 06:40

what do you mean by 500-600? it's near impossible to do so many abs.

500-600 abs indeed. Not nearly impossible you get your body accustomed and gradually do more and more. But after some time they're worthless. When mom was younger, like 25-30, she used to o 1000 abs.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

28.06.2008 - 17:45
Buggy
Account deleted
worthless indeed. It all depends on what kind of abs excercise you are referring to anyway, and how you do it.
28.06.2008 - 20:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 28.06.2008 at 17:43

500-600 abs indeed. Not nearly impossible you get your body accustomed and gradually do more and more. But after some time they're worthless. When mom was younger, like 25-30, she used to o 1000 abs.

this is confusing me. i'm skinnier than a fuckin' cheeta, and i have a visible six-pack, yet it's hard for me even to go up to 100 in 5 sets of 20 repetitions...
28.06.2008 - 21:30
Buggy
Account deleted
hes obviously doing them differently, valentin, don't worry...
29.06.2008 - 06:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 28.06.2008 at 20:52

this is confusing me. i'm skinnier than a fuckin' cheeta, and i have a visible six-pack, yet it's hard for me even to go up to 100 in 5 sets of 20 repetitions...

I'm skinny too, but that doesn't mean a damn thing Valentin.
I used to do 500 in 5 sets of 100, Mom did 4 sets of 250, in the usual ab work
In the pilates ab work, the one I'm doing now, I do 4 sets of 50 = 200.
----

29.06.2008 - 06:52
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I'm slacking to the max with my weightlifting. Right now, if I'm lucky I go once a week, and do some bench press, curls, incline bench, and these butterfly things for my chest. I'm only lifting on bench about 3 sets of 10 of 145 pounds, so I really need to get back into it. It's just hard when my tattoos are scabbed and swollen, and when I'm hung over and shit. Plus, it takes away my limited free time :/
29.06.2008 - 09:35
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 29.06.2008 at 06:43

well it does mean something to be skinny, there's less weight you need to lift/flex/whatever...

i did 125 in 5 x 25 last night and now i've got the best sixpack i've ever had, shame it'll only last for today. good thing it doesn't hurt, this means i could do even more.
29.06.2008 - 18:43
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 29.06.2008 at 09:35

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 29.06.2008 at 06:43

well it does mean something to be skinny, there's less weight you need to lift/flex/whatever...

i did 125 in 5 x 25 last night and now i've got the best sixpack i've ever had, shame it'll only last for today. good thing it doesn't hurt, this means i could do even more.

Oh I didint' make myself celar, sorry. i meant that it doesn't mean anything or has not anythign to do with how hard it is for you or for me to do a determined number of abs. But you're right, we skinny people define easier. Actually I've won more or less 1 kilo of mass in a couple months.

Wel your six pack doesn't have to last only today, keep up with teh ab work and it will gt better.
----

29.06.2008 - 19:15
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 29.06.2008 at 18:43

Oh I didint' make myself celar, sorry. i meant that it doesn't mean anything or has not anythign to do with how hard it is for you or for me to do a determined number of abs. But you're right, we skinny people define easier. Actually I've won more or less 1 kilo of mass in a couple months.

Wel your six pack doesn't have to last only today, keep up with teh ab work and it will gt better.

i forgot to add that it only lasts for today, but tomorrow i'll do another ab workout!
02.07.2008 - 22:14
Infurnace
I think it's pretty important to look good. I don't want to have a huge beerbelly. There nothing wrong with having a beerbelly, but I just don't like being flabby and stuff. That's why I work out.
16.07.2008 - 12:50
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
i pole dance. that's all i need! lol pole fitness is the only form of exercise other than swimming that uses every muscle group in the body.

seriously, it's for guys and girls if you've never tried it get a pole and give it a go. you'll not manage to do it for more than 10 minutes without collapsing.