Metal Storm logo
Do you work out, and why?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 01.07.2007 - 16:59
well, i was just curious, with all the metal imagery consisting of so many "musclebands"(manowar, venom, hammerfall etc) who try to look so tough and "heavy", and having muscly band members is a must.

i do, for health and looking good.

Poll

Why do you work out, if you do?

both of the above
don't work out
for health
to look good

Total votes: 228
17.03.2009 - 18:45
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Valentin B on 17.03.2009 at 09:01

yeah, can't understand my body either... but eating a whole chocolate(575 kcal) once in a while is fun

oh, yeah. it is fun! and not even by doing that do i put up weight. although imo that's good, because my diet consists on eating whatever i want, at the time i want etc. including chocolate bars and other non-nutritive stuff
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
17.03.2009 - 19:06
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by tulkas on 17.03.2009 at 18:45

yeah, can't understand my body either... but eating a whole chocolate(575 kcal) once in a while is fun

oh, yeah. it is fun! and not even by doing that do i put up weight. although imo that's good, because my diet consists on eating whatever i want, at the time i want etc. including chocolate bars and other non-nutritive stuff

Damn you skinny bitches
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
17.03.2009 - 19:51
Ragana
Rawrcat
Indeed... I used to eat whatever I want until last (?) month or so. I just realized I can have pretty bad heart problems in the future, plus, it's +4 kg since age 15 and it's shocking. I guess that's because of my "great activities" lately (since I've been ill for two months I haven't done anything). So, after all I'm trying not to eat so much chocolate as I used to. Oh, and I've learned how to eat breakfast. It took 17 years to learn that - normally I just didn't eat anything. I can say I'm trying to have a normal lifestyle for my health, for my body and for myself.

Of course, about working out.. I have two Frisbee trainings a week - each for 3+ hours, and if you know what's Frisbee you'll understand that it's pure running all the time (if not - the other team can be quicker, catch the disc and get points). Plus, I've been training in Voleyball for more than three years, I think. I left this year but I'm thinking about joining the team again, there was so much fun. I miss that.
Also, this year I've started mixed martial arts too. Very exciting. Well, anyway I think I should do more of these exercises and sit-ups at home... I'm still not getting enough as I still have pretty much free time which I spend unproductively.
17.03.2009 - 21:05
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ragana on 17.03.2009 at 19:51

Indeed... I used to eat whatever I want until last (?) month or so. I just realized I can have pretty bad heart problems in the future, plus, it's +4 kg since age 15 and it's shocking. I guess that's because of my "great activities" lately (since I've been ill for two months I haven't done anything). So, after all I'm trying not to eat so much chocolate as I used to. Oh, and I've learned how to eat breakfast. It took 17 years to learn that - normally I just didn't eat anything. I can say I'm trying to have a normal lifestyle for my health, for my body and for myself.

Of course, about working out.. I have two Frisbee trainings a week - each for 3+ hours, and if you know what's Frisbee you'll understand that it's pure running all the time (if not - the other team can be quicker, catch the disc and get points). Plus, I've been training in Voleyball for more than three years, I think. I left this year but I'm thinking about joining the team again, there was so much fun. I miss that.
Also, this year I've started mixed martial arts too. Very exciting. Well, anyway I think I should do more of these exercises and sit-ups at home... I'm still not getting enough as I still have pretty much free time which I spend unproductively.

check out this link now that you're intersted in doing sit-ups. you could try to do these rutines and i'm sure they can help you. just like with anyother type of excersise, as you may already know, is good discipline http://www.twohundredsitups.com
----
17.03.2009 - 21:10
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by tulkas on 17.03.2009 at 21:05

Written by Ragana on 17.03.2009 at 19:51

check out this link now that you're intersted in doing sit-ups. you could try to do these rutines and i'm sure they can help you. just like with anyother type of excersise, as you may already know, is good discipline http://www.twohundredsitups.com

Ah, yes. I used to do at least 7 different sit-ups when I had my Basketball trainings and the count was 30 to 60 (for more than 5 years, yeah). At school the count of sit-ups is 65, I guess. And damn, sit-ups really may be annoying. That was the hardest and the worst part of all trainings, I'm not a fan of sit-ups but I know they're damn good.
17.03.2009 - 21:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by tulkas on 17.03.2009 at 18:45

yeah, and even though i'm not too big on junk food, i could eat basically anything and if any change would happen in my body weight i'd actually get thinner.

@Elio you should be thankful you have some degree of control over how your overall body looks. at least yours makes sense: you eat chocolate, you get fat. you eat vegetables, you get thin. i could eat big macs for breakfast lunch and dinner and i'd stay the same... wtf?
17.03.2009 - 21:29
tulkas
el parcero
@valentin: but somehow i'm thankful that i am this way, 'cause i'd certainly wouldn't like to be some chubby guy, i like being skinny an being able to eat whatever i want, in the quanity that i want, and have no problems, and not worring about getting fatter. but i still regret the fact that i'm not able to put up weight on muscle as i want even if i work out as much as i do
----
17.03.2009 - 21:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by tulkas on 17.03.2009 at 21:29

'cause i'd certainly wouldn't like to be some chubby guy,

you know you just shattered Elio's self esteem lol
17.03.2009 - 21:36
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Valentin B on 17.03.2009 at 21:33

Written by tulkas on 17.03.2009 at 21:29

'cause i'd certainly wouldn't like to be some chubby guy,

you know you just shattered Elio's self esteem lol

haha, our strange odd-functionting bodies rulee!! you hear that, elio?
----
17.03.2009 - 21:44
Ragana
Rawrcat
You know we, all NORMAL people (who actually gain some pounds by doing nothing and eating bad stuff), we will laugh at you when you're 25. I heard that's the age when you all can see what have you eaten for more than 10 years.
18.03.2009 - 05:25
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ragana on 17.03.2009 at 21:44

You know we, all NORMAL people (who actually gain some pounds by doing nothing and eating bad stuff), we will laugh at you when you're 25. I heard that's the age when you all can see what have you eaten for more than 10 years.

ha! we'll see!
i'll see what else i can start doing to try to put up the weight i need. any recommendations on routines, or something that could help? (why do i feel you'll recommend another diet?... )
----
18.03.2009 - 13:15
Charly546
Written by tulkas on 18.03.2009 at 05:25

Written by Ragana on 17.03.2009 at 21:44

ha! we'll see!
i'll see what else i can start doing to try to put up the weight i need. any recommendations on routines, or something that could help? (why do i feel you'll recommend another diet?... )

The principle is to just gain more nutrients than you spend (and to make 'em go where needed). Try to set up certain times for eating and no matter what - stick to them (bring your own food to school/work if you have to). I hope I don't have to remind you to eat breakfast. Also, don't forget training regularly.

Either way - good luck with that. Depending on your metabolism it can be quite easy to gain weight or it can be really difficult.
18.03.2009 - 14:45
Kasper
I've been working out for about 4 months now. Nothing speciel, but there are already improvements that can be seen, with a bit of sloppy training. But now I'm beginning to start on a new diet - as that's basicly one of the most important things if you want to get a great body and stay healthy. I don't want to start completely over from one day to another. I will go slow and built up a healthy and good for training diet, with loads of proteins. I don't want to start with protein supplies - protein shakes whatsoever yet. Will first see how I manage to get a good diet with the needed proteins, about 170 gram of proteins a day. (95 kg x 1,8g of protein).

Also need a good training program, right now I'm just training with different exercies with 2x12 sets for each exercise. But all that will come to place when I get my diet set, and can keep up with it.

I can recommend boxing for anyone who works out. It's really really good, althought I don't fight against other boxers. I get the completely same training, as a amateur boxer would - and shit it's tough, especially in the start.
----
"An open mind is like a fortress with it's gates unbarred and unguarded"
05.01.2010 - 20:25
Ernis
狼獾
You know what's a very nice point bout working out... after workout it's so nice to EAT! Eating food is such a wonderful experience after workout and not because food is good but because you NEED it to restore the energy and increase strength...
PROTEINS!!!
05.01.2010 - 20:41
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Ernis on 05.01.2010 at 20:25

You know what's a very nice point bout working out... after workout it's so nice to EAT! Eating food is such a wonderful experience after workout and not because food is good but because you NEED it to restore the energy and increase strength...
PROTEINS!!!

After a two hours boby-building session there's nothing better of chicken and salad.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
05.01.2010 - 20:46
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Elio on 05.01.2010 at 20:41

Written by Ernis on 05.01.2010 at 20:25

PROTEINS!!!

After a two hours boby-building session there's nothing better of chicken and salad.

Well... I generally eat whatever I have or whatever I wish...I don't have the problem of being obese which means I can eat fatty food as well...

Anyway... I heard bird meat was the most protein rich of all meats... that is chicken's very good but one bird's better and that's turkey...

Btw...the word boby-building(sic!) looks funny and nice : )
05.01.2010 - 22:09
MetallicA
I work out for health and looks. Initially when I started working out almost a year ago, it was for looks cause I had some extra pounds to lose. I went to New Orleans and gained like 5 pounds in 3 days and hit 150 pounds... No good!

Now I've been doing it every other day for awhile now, lost 25 pounds and counting and as an added bonus I can bench press 70 pounds now. I started bench pressing at a measly 40 pounds. I've gotten really strong for someone my size. This will be great for when I finally get into the Air Force. Also, I like showing off my guns and soon I'll be able to show off a nice six pack
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
06.01.2010 - 00:32
tulkas
el parcero
These last months I realized that no matter what kind of work out I did was working so I could gain the weight I needed or anything. So I gave up. I even stopped training TKD, though time issues due to work had to do as well.
----
07.01.2010 - 21:38
Ernis
狼獾
It's annoying when I can improve my level by doing repetitions with heavier weights and it works very fine one day and just two days later I am not able to do that... I'd like to be progressing all the time instead of falling back...
07.01.2010 - 21:53
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by MetallicA on 05.01.2010 at 22:09

Now I've been doing it every other day for awhile now, lost 25 pounds and counting and as an added bonus I can bench press 70 pounds now. I started bench pressing at a measly 40 pounds. I've gotten really strong for someone my size. This will be great for when I finally get into the Air Force. Also, I like showing off my guns and soon I'll be able to show off a nice six pack

that's great, you're fairly strong for a girl. at my physical peak back in September 2007 i myself could only bench press a maximum of 100 pounds for like 4 repetitions, yeah it's pathetic and you're possibly gonna reach that level easily, but i'm an ektomorph, so i can't put on weight at all, at least right now. nevermind about joining an army force
i don't complain, i am fairly satisfied with my looks right now, even moreso when i return from the university gym after a general "pump up" session in which i just randomly do 3 sets or so with whatever is available at the moment. i love that i don't need to buy new clothes(though i need some), i have one pair of jeans i've been wearing for like 4-5 years and they still look good, and a pair of 3/4 shorts i've been wearing for 8 somehow though i have a belly, it might be because i have slightly dismorphed bones in my chest, which makes it look like i have been eating beer for the past year lol. doesn't go well with tight shirts
08.01.2010 - 07:14
MetallicA
@ Val B - that's good though! Yeah I have a pair of shorts that are ten years old that I can still fit into (keep in mind I couldn't fit into them before I lost the weight lol) I kept them cause they're awesome!
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
09.01.2010 - 06:39
Immortal
I usually go running a few times a week for a few miles. I just like some time alone to listen to music and also to clear my mind. Another great thing about exercise is the greater sense of well-being you gain after you finish. Can't beat it!
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche
09.01.2010 - 07:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have a contract to a gym but I hardly go...its money burning in my pocket...
09.01.2010 - 19:42
Nexus
Asshat
I still work out for pits, although now I've upped my cardio excercises for my vox. Does anyone know any cardio excercises that I can do to increase my lung capacity, and the length in which I can hold a note?
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
10.01.2010 - 12:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Nexus on 09.01.2010 at 19:42

I still work out for pits, although now I've upped my cardio excercises for my vox. Does anyone know any cardio excercises that I can do to increase my lung capacity, and the length in which I can hold a note?

it would seem fermented hops, malt and barley mixed together with water would work
15.01.2010 - 04:59
Nexus
Asshat
Written by Valentin B on 10.01.2010 at 12:21

Written by Nexus on 09.01.2010 at 19:42

it would seem fermented hops, malt and barley mixed together with water would work

The solution for everything.
----
If you stand for nothing, you'll fall for everything
15.01.2010 - 05:45
SerratedSyringe
I ride my bike about 4 miles each day, to and from the bus stop. It's a BMX bike (I used to be really into BMX, but was never very good at it), I have it set up so I can't sit down without getting my butt chewed up by the back tire, which means I get a very intense workout twice each day.

Aside from that, I don't work out. I don't have the attention span for it.

Over all, I'm satisfied with my physiqe, but if I had to work out, it would be on my pectorals and biceps.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....
13.02.2010 - 16:32
Ernis
狼獾
Written by SerratedSyringe on 15.01.2010 at 05:45

Over all, I'm satisfied with my physiqe, but if I had to work out, it would be on my pectorals and biceps.

That's grand... But you must notice the thing that if you wish things to be harmonious you'd also have to work with other muscles, especially the back... Strong back is the base of all posture... If, let's say, you only work out on yer chest and biceps and neglect your back, then the gravity point of your body will shift towards your chest and then you have a situation where you have a too weak back to support the body...

So... don't forget that...
13.02.2010 - 16:43
Ragana
Rawrcat

I ride my bike about 4 miles each day, to and from the bus stop. It's a BMX bike (I used to be really into BMX, but was never very good at it), I have it set up so I can't sit down without getting my butt chewed up by the back tire, which means I get a very intense workout twice each day.

Your back doesn't hurt?

The only thing I do besides sports lessons at school (3x40min), is walking from school to my home which is about 3 kilometres. If I hadn't left the ultimate, I'd have had the championship ATM. Curse school.
13.02.2010 - 16:56
SerratedSyringe
Written by Ernis on 13.02.2010 at 16:32

That's grand... But you must notice the thing that if you wish things to be harmonious you'd also have to work with other muscles, especially the back... Strong back is the base of all posture... If, let's say, you only work out on yer chest and biceps and neglect your back, then the gravity point of your body will shift towards your chest and then you have a situation where you have a too weak back to support the body...

So... don't forget that...

I'm not saying I want to be a body builder or anything, those are just the areas that don't get exercised as much in my daily 'routine'. The type of riding I do exercises the whole leg, the core, the back and the forearms (grip strength), so that leaves out the chest and upper arms.
----
Just another cog in this infernal machine....